Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niqab or Hijab?
  Niqab :D
  Hijab :D
View Results

blackheartgirl2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:24 pm
I am a newish muslim women and In a couple of months i am going to start to wear hijab but i had a thought to wear niqab instead. I believe my body is mine and Allah's and my future husbands. I don't know which one will be best for my beliefs.

So what is your opinion brother and sisters? Which is better niqab or hijab?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:14 pm
depends on necessity. if someone's beauty has becoming a gossip among men, choosing niqab is the best to prevent defamation. blaugh
anyway, which country do you live?  

Shiine^MeltyElf

Codebreaking Raider

7,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

aleena_godil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:32 pm
blackheartgirl2
I am a newish muslim women and In a couple of months i am going to start to wear hijab but i had a thought to wear niqab instead. I believe my body is mine and Allah's and my future husbands. I don't know which one will be best for my beliefs.

So what is your opinion brother and sisters? Which is better niqab or hijab?

Salaam alikum sister,

You really have the great intention to be a niqabi ... but i think the best for u is the hijab first and then educate ur self about niqab so when people as y u were it u can say why also because u want understand the reward also the purpose of the niqab ... becoming a muslim you will be learning the whole life  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:33 pm
About Niqaab
its one video split into many parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9-q8GJrj7I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IqusVq8tHY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVIeLhAxp8k&feature=relmfu  

kashifg

flippinbananas

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:10 pm
Shiine^MeltyElf
depends on necessity. if someone's beauty has becoming a gossip among men, choosing niqab is the best to prevent defamation. blaugh
anyway, which country do you live?
There are actually some opinions that say the niqab is wajib or mandatory. But besides that I would say it's nessecary everywhere where there are men that are strangers to you. And especially if you are one of gossip among the guys I feel that even if you follow the opinion that is optional, you might as well wear it to protect yourself. lol But most importantly, it should be for Allah's sake. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:12 pm
I would say it comes down to how far down the rabbit hole YOU want to go with reserving the sight of more or less of YOURSELF to others. Beyond that (and I am being practical) keep in mind some cultures expect eye or rather face contact in conversation and others don't. And niqab certainly does limit your means of communication (takes away facial expressions body language). Anything more than that I would not worry about.

Think of it this way...
hijab=+modesty+communication
niqab=++modesty-communication

Hmm well ya did ask for honest opinion so I suppose I should speak all my mind... Islam unlike Christian faith sees the body and soul as equally valid and beautiful. The human body isn't a curse vessel for the soul. Personally I think niqab get dangerously close to the Christian mentality of body and soul relations. It might not be your intent but often effect manners more because effect is action that effects the world while intent is just ideal idea behind the action.  

Cora Merle Seraph

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Thinker Sis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:36 pm
It depends on your belief about why you should have hijab. If it's really important to you there are many books written about the philosophy of hijb. On the other hand it can't be denied that if you wear niqab people will find it hard to get close to you. Personally I think the only condition that niqab is useful in common life, is when a lady is wearing a heavy make up! There is no need to cover a plain face unless you want to protect it from the sun~  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:40 pm
Thinker Sis
It depends on your belief about why you should have hijab. If it's really important to you there are many books written about the philosophy of hijb. On the other hand it can't be denied that if you wear niqab people will find it hard to get close to you. Personally I think the only condition that niqab is useful in common life, is when a lady is wearing a heavy make up! There is no need to cover a plain face unless you want to protect it from the sun~
Nice good and simple and practical points.  

Cora Merle Seraph

10,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Thinker Sis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:47 pm
Cora Merle Seraph
Nice good and simple and practical points.

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:57 am
I don't think women should feel compelled to wear niqab since the Qur'an doesn't call for it specifically. However, should she wish to wear it, that is certainly within her rights.  

Thorn apple

aamira Z

Invisible Explorer

6,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:35 pm
I personally love wearing the niqab, but if wearing it puts you in immanent danger stick with the hijab. At least until you have someone (i.e. husband) to look out for you.

One could argue it's wahjib (mandatory) based off the interpretation of the Quran saying "cover what is beautiful" as the most beautiful part of a woman is her face. The reasoning is if a woman is missing an arm, well she still can be beautiful, if she has no curves, she still can be beautiful, if she has no face...that would be pretty much the ultimate unappealing thing in a woman. So vice versa the most appealing thing to a man is the face of a woman.

Also there is a hadith were Aisha (RA) stated that "whenever we passed by a man we brought our jilbabs (cloaks) over our faces [Bukari]. If the "mothers of the believers" did it, we certainly should do our best in trying to emulate them.

Either way, most scholars agree that the minimum is hijab (which entails full covering of the hair, neck, chest, and concealment of ones figure).

Research it, try it out a couple times, and be sound in your faith first of all. Niqab is nothing but a cloth if you don't do your 5 prayers and uphold proper conduct as a Muslim. Congratulations on becoming a part of the Muslim Ummah (community) and finding the true path of Allah (SWT). You were saved out of all the people that could have been! I know it's hard for reverts the first year (give or take), especially all the terms and what not. Insha'Allah (God willing) Allah will make it easier on you and grant you and all reverts with much guidence, Ilm (knowledge), Hasana (good deeds) and Jannah (heaven) Amin.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:38 pm
Woah SubhanAllah just noticed this was first posted in 2012. Lol whoops....guess you're not a new Muslim any more! Can I ask which one you ended up choosing? 3nodding  

aamira Z

Invisible Explorer

6,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Bella Regina

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:23 pm
As I understand it, the niqab was only worn by the Prophet's wives (salAllahu Alayhi wa Salam), and it isn't Fard, but the hijab is (even though there's no compulsion in Islam?)

Either way, I've been an off and on hijabi for the past two years, but Alhamdulilah I've consistently worn hijab since June. I hope I never take it off..  
BlimpCockhp123 generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:44 pm
his list is not racist because being Muslim is not a race. I agree not everyone made a choice to follow Islam (many are born into it of course) but as an adult you have a choice. Religion is a personal choice, not a race. No one can choose the colour of their skin, but people can choose their religion.M+3
So I'm a Shia Muslim from Pakistan and Adam Saleh is the most sickening and evil Muslim in the world. I'm pretty sure that all of you people had heard the news about Adam and his other friend got kicked out of a plane for speaking Arabic. But many eyewitnesses say that Adam and his friend didn't even speak Arabic but instead yelling and putting their fists up high in the air. Did you remember that Adam Saleh said in his YouTube video that they didn't do anything harmful and was just speaking Arabic, but it turns out that Adam's story was completely false and was trying to hide what exactly happened. Plus I remembered that he said that there was a woman sitting a few seats behind him and told him to speak English, but that didn't happen. Adam Saleh and his friend told her to shut up and enjoy the flight after when the woman asked them to quit yelling. Then Adam said that all the passengers were screaming and pointing at them for just speaking a different language. Yes, you guessed it, ...moreM
It's a shame to call it a religion. Look at the meaning of religion. Religions teach you to respect one and all. Live and let live in harmony inspite of ideological differences. A religion which teaches you to kill some one in the name of religion should be eradicated from this earth. If you want the world to be in peace, eradicate this so called religion. Make everyone safe. Wake up before it's too late!M
Check out Hunter Avallone's channel and he has proof that Islam is actually a plain bad religionMnew
V 12 Comments
VoteE
Terrorist attacks
These people are the modern-day crusaders, killing all who don't believe in their barbaric beliefs. You can't deny that 9/11, all the wars in the Middle-East, and plenty of other terrorist attacks are because of Islam. I mean, they might be in the minority, but if Muslims don't wanna be categorized, then they should stop telling us that Islam is peaceful and actually PROVE that not all Muslims are bad.M
Islam and it's terrorists are responsible for the murders of hundreds of thousands of innocent people plus more. Islam is a cult not a religion, throughout the Koran there are many references promoting violence, "holy war", murder. Right now, the whole world is struck with fear after witnessing the atrocities carried out by ISIS and Jihadists all over the world, especially now in Europe. We are all left wondering is it going be us next? If it wasn't for The Police and Terrorism Investigators foiling ISIS many attempts to carry out acts such as 9/11 on the western, civilized world. There would be millions more dead. They should get every single Koran in the world and chuck them on a great big fire until every single last word of this sick cult is destroyed and no more people can be brainwashed & warped into it's evil to kill & rob many people of there lives.M
Paris, Brussels, New York ( the list is too long ) had to face terrorist attacks that are revendicated by Islamic groups. So, don't tell me that the Islam is a peaceful religion. The Islam is telling everyone that this is not the Islam beliefs and that only a minority uses religion as an excuse for their acts. My question is why does the so called peaceful Islam do nothing against those individuals? Why don't they try to stop those terrorist groups who are using the Islamic religion as their motivation for killing innocent people? Maybe it's because they won't admid that they secretely agree with those Islamic terrorist groups. Maybe there is no such thing as a peaceful Islam and that this is really a bad and dangerous religion ( if you still can call it a religion? ).M
This is very right. You can't feel safe in countries enhabited by muslimsMnew
V 6 Comments
VoteE
Muhammad was not as great as Muslims claim him to be
You make me laugh! Muhammad did not hate gays, he didn't like what they did, but prayed for them. When a Jewish man throw garbage to his house, he did nothing, when the Jewish was one day sick, he came to him with a gift. Muhammad also married a black woman, and made a black man be hos greatest alleys. Even in the war Muhammad said never kill a woman, a child, or an elder, and only fight who fight you.M
Mohammed (may peace not be upon him) married a nine-year-old and had intercourse with her. Not only that, but he is against homosexuals, blacks, and killed many people, trying to conquer all the people in Arabia until everyone bowed down to Allah. And let's not forget his blatant misogyny.M
Muhammad was a *****, A false prophet & a Tyrant. May be upon him.M
I hate islamMnew
V 3 Comments
VoteE
Followers are easily offended
I'm pretty sure calling someone's religion a deadly cult, telling them that every copy of their holy book should be burned, and calling followers of that religion barbaric, evil, scum of the earth, would offend any person. You can't call a person's beliefs evil and then get mad at them because they get offended by your remark that was worded so it would specifically offend them. What do you want us to do? Just stand there and say nothing while people are saying that you're a terrorist who beats women and burns gays just because you pray 5 times a day, don't eat pork, and read a book that's in a different language?M
The negative votes when you say something bad but true on this list proves how offended they are. So, followers of Islam, vote us down, we don't care about your allah.M+2
Anyone will be offended if you're going to make such rude remarks. Although I'm not a Muslim, but I think that Muslims are not bad. Peace out, haters.M
I am a Muslim and that depends on the person.Mnew
V 4 Comments
VoteE
Followers are bigoted
Notice that I said MOST, not ALL. But still, you can't deny that there are quite a handful of devout Muslims out there advocating for the killing of non-believers. They are crazy! Seriously, studies have been shown that Muslims actually SUPPORT these terrorist attacks.M
A woman converting to Islam is like a Chicken converting to KFC.M+6
'A woman converting to Islam is like a Chicken converting to KFC.' Well said.M+1
The followers are not bigoted. Some months ago I went to my local mosque and asked the Muslims there both women and men their opinions on terrorist groups killing under the name of Islam. All of them came with comments like ''IS are animals killing innocent people everywhere, you can't call them Muslims'', ''Islam doesn't promote killing of innocent people, and they're bombing places screaming Allahu Akbar, I'm pretty sure they don't even know the meaning of the word'', ''Wallahi, all these 60 years of my life I've never seen such barbaric acts done by a group saying they're Muslims'' and ''They endanger the livs to peaceful Muslims like us''.
None of the people I asked in the mosque supported IS. I also asked both the women and the men their opinions about women's rights and the women's clothing.
The men said:
''I respect women. Allah (SWT) created all humans equal. To Allah every human is worth the same to Him. If I see a women abused or bothered.. I have a duty to ...more - studyhafufoMnew
V 1 Comment
VoteE
Discrimination of women
Islam is the most intolerant religion in the whole world. Not only that, it also teaches people that its okay to treat women as an object. The way Muslims treat women is horrible. Hate you Muslims!M+9
I despise Feminism and all the atrocities it has committed in recent times, but even I have to admit that as a proclaimed Men's Right's Activist, the Quaran speaks out against women. They are treated as objects and are oppressed in Islamic countries. Remember that the terrorist follow their holy book word by word, so you'd think that their hatred towards females might indicate what other disgusting verses might lie in their text.M+3
Women are just fine and Muslims treat them like pets. STUPID Muslim BASTARDSM+3
I'm a Muslim, woman and black. Islam doesn't discriminate my gender. I wear the hijab because I want to. I follow Islam because I want to. I've read that families of the tribes in the Middle-East were so ashamed to have daughters, they even buried them alive. The prophet stopped this tradition done by the tribes, and told the families to appreciate the children Allah gave them.
Growing up Muslim boys were more protective and friendly than non-Muslim boys. When a non-Muslim boy said something negative about the way I dressed a Muslim boy was quick to protect me.
I've seen that women here in the West are viewed as objects to satisfy men's desires and lust. They wear revealing clothing in magazines just to satisfy men. People are too quick to judge a woman who dress modestly but embrace women being half naked. What has society became? - studyhafufoMnew
V 5 Comments
VoteE
Muslims are not educated
Some are very well educated ( if you can build nuclear weapons it means that you're educated and having a high IQ. ). The problem is not the education. It's the religion itself which is the fundament of every muslim that is the problem. Every materialism aspect is less important than every spiritual aspect of the koran. Western values are very materialistic and therefor opposed to Islamic values. That's also why you see terrorists bomb themselves up who are very educated. Not every terrorist is a weak uneducated individual that is brainwashed by a more stable person(s). If the fundament of your life is spititual and not materialist it really doesn't matter if you're educated or not because it means that ideology comes before education.M+2
Many non-Muslims people have seen through Islam's disguise and saw its nakedness along with all its secrets the Muslims still have look past this so called "religion of peace," failing to look at how their peaceful beliefs are masqueraded, and ones that did reformed the religion and left. Most Muslims are pretty dumb, more so than most other people.M
Of course Albert Einstein got his college degree. And Bill Gates also got his college degree. What's the point when saying these lies when some of the greatest people in the world haven't got full education.M
You're not educated.Mnew
V 2 Comments
VoteE
Hypocritical
"Islam is a religion of peace, so to prove that, I'll bomb all who say otherwise. Hoping to see those 72 virgins in Heaven."M+8
Same with Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, and ESPECIALLY Christians. Christianity is just a distant branch from Islam and the Jewish religion. I hate religion.M
Islam has such blatant double standards. The Qur'an is basically hate speech. It draws definitions between believers and non-believers, argues that they should be separated, tells Muslims not to befriend non-believers, and then instructs violence towards non-believers. But if you say something that might be deemed as slightly Islamophobic, they will get incredibly offended.
Muslims are allowed to say what they like about religions other than Islam but non-Muslims get killed if they say anything bad about Islam.
Muslims can kill non-Muslims and no one in the Islamic world seems to react much. If a non-Muslim kills a Muslim, the world explodes in cries of 'hate speech', 'ugly racism', 'Islamophobia', and 'hate crime'. How about 9/11 being called a hate crime? Or 7/7? Or Paris? Brussels? Orlando? Nice?M+1
Sir you should go through roots of Hinduism. It never incourage to kill non-beleivers and non-hindus.. one of the best tolerant relegion, which beleives in their own scientific backed traditions and set of rules, which is way of life, it a dharma not a relegion! it dsnt worship any prophet and single person!Mnew
VoteE
Stoning as a punishment
Most barbaric people in world. They would stone their own family members in the name of religion.M+2
The Qur'an doesn't teach stoning as a punishment. Actually, the prophets of Allah were the victim of stoning, and the Hell is filled with stones. Yes, there are hadith that teach stoning but not every muslim believes in it. It's just that pathethic scholars keep misleading other people. They are devil-worshipping infidels.M
VoteE
Everything fun is haram
Let me tell what really haram means cause you don't actually get the word true meaning, I would say not everything fun as you say is actually haram which means it is forbidden let's take an example : do you think taking drugs and drinking alcohol is fun think about what those people can do if they "get wasted" this actaully led to committing suicide and destroyed many families another thing that you think is fun which is having sexual relationships whithout being married that wouldn't make us different from animals if you think about it and those people do actually do have kids you know and what if the couples and not together anymore their kids would suffer anyway my point is do not believe all what is told about islam and everything that you think is haram have a reason and an explanation is quran so dosen't that make sense to you.M
Music ain't haram. - njalabi63989M
Islam only teach violence and hate.M
Many Muslims pretend to be pious n put on an appearance of being holy when in public. In their private moments many watch pornography n fantasise about sex, in fact I have heard the wonen/girls are surprisingly horny n wouldn't turn away from experimenting with as many men as possible...! Even the men would check out the bodies of non-Muslim women in public. Talk about being 'haram' they are actually pathetic HYPOCRITES controlled by their 7th century religionMnew
V 1 Comment
VoteE
The Newcomers
?
Osama Bin Laden
Osama Bin Laden
Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden was the founder of al-Qaeda, the organization that claimed responsibility for the September 11 attacks on the United States, along with numerous other mass-casualty attacks against civilian and military targets worldwide.
VoteE
The Contenders
Child abuse in madrassas
I go madrassa I don't get child abused I live in England and I like madrassa more than schoolM
VoteE
Zero tolerance
You disrespect prophet Muhammad in Muslim countries you dieM+9
VoteE
Halal certified food
You muslims, eat your childrenM
Muslims eat halal certified food because the animal is slaughterd properly and quick.Most of the animal's blood will be drained, therefore the meat is cleaner.
Next time when you talk about islam think before you do.M+7
VoteE
No alcohol
Those comments about being drunk are stupid. You don't have to drink alcohol till you're drunk. You can drink alcohol in a moderate way without being drunk. The main concern here is that they can't even drink alcohol in moderation. We on the other hand are " free " to drink and also " free " to choose between moderate or being drunk. The Islam can't choose.M
Yeah, everyone should drink alcohol and ruin humanity. - Skullkid755M+5
Drinking alcohol is nothing bad. You Muslims don't have any idea about anything and get offended without think about it. You people are really biased and regressive with no brain.M
Alcohol makes you drunk and drunk people can walk into a street and get hit by a car and then drop dead. How good is that. - njalabi63989M+2
This is actually the only good reason...Mnew
V 1 Comment
VoteE
Misunderstanding of it
Why u don't think with yourself how many muslims have been died in hand of justice america yes I don t agree with terrorism 1000% I hate terroriest because they ruin the real musilm life as I... at last you are free to choose who is right and who is wrongM+1
Gay Billy here
Then why don't so called real Muslims get it together any try to assimilate, even just some what, in my country, CANADA.They hate gays wish us all dead!? So just for that I wish all Muslims, should be taken out of Canada even the ones born here, go back to there country, we all know you will at some point kill each other, sa le ve.M+1
VoteE
Hating dogs
VoteE
Women can't drive according to some scholars
That's not true :/ almost all women in algeria drives :/M
VoteE
Hatred of music
VoteE
Enslaving children to fight in wars
They do this children are not alloweM
VoteE
Not eating pigs
VoteE
BAdd New Item
Recommended Lists
FeaturedPopularLatest
Top Ten Foo Fighters Members
Top Ten Most Overpowered Creepypasta Characters
Top 10 Video Games of 2017
Best Songs of 2017
Best Online Tax Providers
Best Cell Phone Services
Best Digital Camera Brands
Best Home Workout Programs
Best Mountain Bike Brands
Best Car Tire Brands
Related Lists
Top 10 Reasons Why Donald Trump Shouldn't Win the 2016 Presidential Election
Top 10 Reasons Why Teen Titans Go! Should Get Cancelled
Reasons Why Anime Sucks
Reasons Why Minecraft Sucks Now
Top Ten Reasons Not to Be Gay/Lesbian

List StatsUpdated 27 Sep 2017
200 votes
29 listings
2 years, 11 days old
Error Reporting
See a factual error in these listings? Report it here.
Terms | Privacy | Copyright | FAQ
©2005-2017 TheTopTens® All rights reserved.  

BlimpCockhp123

The Muslim Guild Of Allah

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces