Reply Gundam
Wing Analysis Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Colonel Lady Une

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:54 am
Ok, I've watched Wing and seen its flaws. I can even admit that Endless Waltz sucked to some degree. Still, it's the first and only Gundam series I've seen so far and I try to defend it. I've debated about it (I come in peace, Shani! Hope you've forgiven that past incident...) and own a ton of GW stuff. Technically, Wing's manga is superior to the anime. Here's the manga summary:
Quote:
Volume 1
The first manga starts by explaining the setup of the colonies and the Alliance's interference as a military organization wishing to control the colonies. Five secret weapons are launched to Earth - called "Gundams". Relena sees Heero's Gundam falling to Earth, as does Zechs Merquise. Heero vows to kill whoever saw him going to Earth. Zechs vows to shoot Heero's shuttle down, then goes out himself in a Leo. After battling with Heero, Zechs parachutes off and watches both mobile suits crash into the ocean. Meanwhile, at a space port launch on Earth, Trowa Barton and Gundam Heavyarms destroy everything in sight. At a desert base, Quatre Winner and Sandrock make an entrance. Relena and her father arrive back on Earth from their visit to the colonies, and Lady Une greets them. As Relena walks home, she sees Heero's body wash up on shore and runs to help him. Heero instantly panics because she's seen his face. He pulls out a gun to kill her, and Duo shows up to save Relena by trying to shoot Duo. When he realizes Relena doesn't want Heero dead, he shrugs it off and states that he has work to do. A shocked Heero and Relena stare as Deathscythe emerges from the ocean. Duo tells them not to ask and forget they saw his Gundam and he'll let them go. He then reveals the Wing Gundam Heero dropped into the ocean. Heero rushes to retrieve his Gundam and he and Duo have a short fight. The Alliance catches on and comes to stop them both. As they take off, the manga cuts to Wufei and Shenlong, who have defeated an OZ force in China. The next day, as Relena goes to school, she runs into Heero, and he vows to kill her.

Volume 2 - OZ Makes a Move
Wufei attacks Lt. Noin's base at Lake Victoria. Zechs talks to Treize about the attack and asks if Treize will grant him permission to use the Tallgeese. Then Treize asks Lady Une to take care of Relena's father, the Vice Minister. Relena finds Heero off by himself, and demands that he kill her as his last murder. He dashes off to take care of OZ officials in Los Angeles, as does Duo, Quatre, Trowa and Wufei. They all exchange some bitter words (Quatre, naturally is certain they're all on his side, while the others are pretty sure they're fighting alone. Duo decides everyone of them is a geek.) They strike up a huge battle, and Lady Une kills Dorlian. Mr. Dorlian tells Relena who she is before he dies. Back on Earth, Trowa and Quatre team up, and Heero kills Marshall Noventa. Wufei discovers what they did, and tells the others. Relena meets Dr. J. General Septem gives his speech about the Gundams being enemies, and Treize has random OZ soldiers shoot him on the plane. Zechs shows up at Los Angeles to fight the Gundams. Lady Une blows up a colony to stop the fight. Dr. J interferes and Heero self-destructs his Gundam.

Volume 3 - Heero VS Zechs, A Hot Battle on Antartica
Everyone watches as Heero falls to the ground after self-destructing. A month later, Noin finds out that Heero is still alive and Zechs has rebuilt Wing Gundam so he can fight Heero. Zechs reminds Noin not to call him "Milliardo Peacecraft", and states that Relena will take the Peacecraft name. Heero wakes up in the circus where Trowa hides. Duo, Quatre and Wufei find Treize's fleet of ships and confront Lady Une and Treize. Wufei and Treize have their little sword duel, Wufei loses, and the three Gundams back off. Duo decides they should go back to space. Noin finds Trowa and Heero and asks them to come to Antartica to meet with Zechs. Relena picks up on this plan and decides to go to Antartica too. Zechs gives Heero his Gundam back, they shake hands, and Noin figures she shouldn't let either die. The battle begins and goes on for a few pages until Relena shows up and orders them to stop fighting. Noin tells Relena that Zechs is her brother, and OZ forces show up to stop the battle.

Volume 4 - Boys Wander
Zechs orders everyone to leave the Antartica Base, and Treize orders Zechs to die for OZ while at the same time ordering him to return as Milliardo Peacecraft. Zechs heads off for battle. Meanwhile, in Singapore, Duo, Quatre and Wufei are fighting to head back to space. Duo orders Wufei out of his little mental block about being weak. Wufei decides Duo has a point, and Quatre self-detonates Sandrock. They head back to space, as does Trowa and Heero. Back in space, Lady Une has become good and is rallying the colonies to join OZ. One page later, she becomes evil again and demands the Gundam pilots be arrested. They attack Duo first, then Wufei shows up, fights a bit, and uses his own explosion to get away. Lady Une captures the Gundam scientists and they agree to make OZ a new suit. Heero shows up in space and goes to stop the scientists plans. Trowa's infiltrated OZ...and he faces off with Heero. (For some reason, Une calls Trowa "Noin"...but it's very much Trowa. -_- wink

Volume 5 - Wings of Sorrow
Trowa gets Heero under arrest, while Quatre meets with his dad. The colonists rebel against the Winner family, and OZ sets up a mobile suit to fire at the rebellion and make it look as though Quatre's father was behind such an idea. The mobile suit detonates and kills Quatre's father and sister. Quatre starts laughing his evil laugh. Lady Une realizes Tallgeese and Zechs are headed towards space, and she confronts him. He informs her she's got things wrong and he's not Zechs, but rather Milliardo Peacecraft. Lady Une isn't pleased with this. Treize ends up leaving her in charge of things in space. Zechs goes to a meeting and advocates peace, then Duo and Wufei show up in the middle of the meeting to put OZ down. Une has them arrested, but Zechs is interested that they're Gundam pilots. He heads back to Earth and Lady Une vows to build a kingdom for Treize. Heero, Duo and Wufei are put in prison together, and Trowa retrieves Heero for a battle against a new Gundam. They realize it's Quatre, but Quatre's crazy because of Wing Zero's system, and faces off with Heero.

Volume 6 - The Threat of Mobile Dolls
The scientists realize Quatre's in Wing Zero, and Quatre wounds Trowa, then comes back to his senses. Lady Une captures the Wing Zero, and Tsubarov shows up to inform her that Treize is no longer in control. Lady Une is shocked that she's been used and reachs for her gun to shoot Tsubarov, but he shoots her first. He starts production of mobile dolls. Wufei and Duo escape in their new Gundams, and the scientist have a discussion about mobile dolls and war. Trant gets hold of Wing Zero, can't master it, and goes sulking through a colony. Hilde greets him, he puts her down, and Duo informs him working in a scrape yard is much cooler than being a pilot. Trant tells Duo he's an idiot, and Duo decides Trant is NOT going to make it as a Gundam pilot. Back on Earth, Dorothy tells her grandfather that she wants to see the Gundam pilots fight just for the heck of it. Heero and Quatre have gone back to Earth and Heero's trying to decide where he needs to go to fight. Sally finds them and says she has a Gundam for them. A major battle gets underway in Europe, and Noin and Relena go to try and help civilians. Heero shows up and saves the day. Relena hugs Heero and invites him and Quatre to Sanc. Dorothy gets sarcastic. Treize decides Epyon needs a pilot.

Volume 7 - Evil Zero System
Howard decides Zechs' skills are amazing. Relena reconstructs the Peacecraft nation. Quatre and Heero join her pacifist school, along with Dorothy. Noin talks with Heero and Quatre about the Sanc Kingdom. Dorothy gets obsessive with wanting to see Heero fight. Quatre has discovered the name of the Wing Zero's system - the Zero System. In space, Trant still can't master that system, so he decides to get a Gundam pilot to help him. He sees Duo's picture and heads off to find him. Duo's off fighting to get spare parts for D-Hell, and Hilde's picking up his junk. Trant approachs in Zero and forces Duo to fight in the cockpit, while telling Hilde to get lost. Duo figures he has little choice with Trant pointing a gun at his head and three mobile dolls at the colony, but he freaks when the Zero System is turned on. He figures out that the Gundam is controlling his mind, so he tries to blow it up. Trant kicks him out and Duo decides Trant must be stopped. They start fighting, and Zero kills Trant. Meanwhile, Cathy finds Trowa, who's memory is blank. Wufei's showing off his martial arts skill to everyone on his own colony. Heero finds Treize and gets the Gundam Epyon. Romefeller demands Relena's kingdom hand over the Gundam pilots, but Relena goes out to tell them to get lost. They fire at her, and Noin and Quatre rush to help. Heero shows up in Epyon and destroys all the enemies. Dorothy is bored, and Dermail tells her to get out of the way because Romefeller is dropping an astroid on the Sanc Kingdom.

Volume 8 - The Gundam Team is Formed
Heero heads up to destroy the astroid, which is really a bunch of mobile dolls disguised as an astroid. The Zero system does a number on him, and Relena stops him. Quatre shows up to help Heero back to Earth. The Wing Zero was recovered by Howard and Zechs. Noin gives Heero a shot so he'll stop fighting the Zero system in his sleep, and Dorothy shows up with flowers... and they have a transmitter on them. Noin tells Quatre she's found Trowa and they're going to form a Gundam Team in Sanc. Dorothy overhears all of this. Noin and Heero find the Maguanac Corps and Sally, who have two other Gundams. Quatre goes to see Trowa, and Catherine tries to stop him. Trowa's memory is partially triggered, so he goes with Quatre. Dorothy drops in on Relena and tells her that Noin is collecting Gundams. Quatre brings Wufei and Duo back to Earth, and Duo tries to hit Trowa on the head to bring back his memory. oO* They run into Wing Zero and Zechs, who tries to enlist them to help him out. Duo and Wufei head out to greet him, and after some friendly discussions, they decided to fight a bit. Relena goes to visit Romefeller, while Zechs handles the Zero system and insults Duo and Wufei for growing up on the colonies. Quatre calls Duo and Wufei back to the shuttle, while Zechs tells them to stay alive and fight for peace. Back in Sanc, Noin, Heero, Duo, Trowa, Quatre and Wufei join together to form the Gundam team.

Volume 9 - The Fall of the Sanc Kingdom
Relena gets to Romefeller, where she and Duke Dermail exchange a verbal battle. Dermail informs her that her kingdom is under attack, as are the Gundams. The Gundams and Noin go into battle against Romefeller's mobile dolls. Heero takes Epyon instead of Wing. Zechs puts his mask back on and goes to the Sanc Kingdom to protect Relena. Dorothy stands by with a video camera, taping the battle. Relena is forced to make the decision to stop the battle by surrending her nation and joining Romefeller. While Noin takes four Gundam pilots to space, Heero goes to check out why Relena's joined Romefeller. Treize and Lady Une have finally gotten back together, and Treize is making his decision to get back into the game. Zechs and Heero clash again, and crash land in front of Romefeller. Relena runs out to make sure they're okay. Heero tries to shoot her, but Zechs stops him. Zechs and Heero trade Gundams and leave.

Volume 10 - Prelude to the Final Battle
Zechs and Heero fight some more, and Zechs tells Heero he still has a ways to go before he masters the Zero. Treize and Zechs have a discussion, and Zechs joins White Fang. Relena becomes Queen of the World, and puts down Dermail. Heero shows up to try and kill Relena again, but after her fantastic speech and the majority of Romefeller listening, he decides not to shoot her after all. Dermail goes to space, Heero goes to space, and Noin and the other Gundam pilots have joined Howard. Zechs makes his announcement that he plans to destroy the earth. Duo and Wufei head out to fight, and Quatre decides he should go as well. Dorothy brings Treize to Relena, and Treize gets Relena to resign as Queen. The first battles in space get underway. Trowa's memory comes back. Zechs fires on Barge, and Treize announces that he will fight White Fang.

Volume 11 - Space Rocks
Relena and Dorothy board Libra, and Relena gets a hug from her brother. Dorothy decides they should stay on Libra to watch the battle. Sally Po and Heero make it to Peacemillion, and the other Gundam pilots have returned from battle #1. They decide to help Treize...minus Wufei. Zechs speaks to the scientists about the mobile dolls. Quinze sends the dolls out and Treize meets them in battle #2. The Gundams head out to battle as well, and Quinze realizes the mobile dolls are programmed not to attack Treize. The scientists escape. Zechs leaves so he can battle in person, specifically against Heero. Zechs asks Heero to join him, to help advocate peace the same way the original Heero Yuy and King Peacecraft did. Heero realizes Zechs and Treize's intentions of ending battle. They agree to settle things later and Heero heads to Libra to find Relena. Noin agrees to back Zechs up after hearing his reasons for fighting. Quinze decides to fire Libra's canon at Earth, and Lady Une decides to get into the battle by blocking the attack with Wing Gundam and saving Treize. Peacemillion collides with Libra. Wufei shows up to battle Treize. Relena tries to stop Quinze, he tries to shoot her, and Heero saves her.

Volume 12 - The Boys Fly Away to the Future
Quinze announces his intentions of crashing Libra into Earth. Heero gets Relena off the ship and heads out to battle Zechs. Wufei and Treize are fighting their battle, and Wufei wins. Lady Une surrenders the Earth. Libra plows on towards the Earth, and Heero and Zechs start their last battle. Trowa transmits the battle to Une, who shows it to everyone else. Heero and Zechs continue, until Heero finally delivers a blow that cracks Zechs' last mask. Zechs acknowledges defeat, and Heero asks him to help destroy the Libra. Dr. J tells Heero and Zechs to get all six Gundams and destroy Libra. Heero, Duo, Trowa, Quatre, Wufei and Zechs lock and fire on the Libra with Wing Zero's twin buster rifle, and the Earth is saved. Later, Noin, Dorothy and Une find Zechs at Treize's grave. A research team is headed for Mars, and Relena says goodbye to the Gundam pilots as they leave on this mission.

Also, the radio drama, Blind Target is much better than Endless Waltz and the fact that Episode Zero, within which most of Wing is explained, led to the series coming off as a tad shallow. So what are your non-biased comments regarding Wing?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:15 pm
Your sig is too tall
235+292+150=677 pixels

Xeon Sempai
Vice Captain

Stray Bullet Shani

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:23 pm
This can't exactly be non-biased, as you like wing. surprised  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:20 pm
Shani wants griphephtan
IMO, the only way to give a non-biased opinion of a Gundam series in relation to other Gundam series, is to to feel the same way of all of them equally.

Gundam Wing, in my opinion, was an attempt to reach out to new audiences, namely the female anime watchers. It succeeded in doing so, I believe, and was a mostly decent series, although not one of the best of Gundam.  

Seraphil

Cagalli Yura Attha
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 4:33 pm
oh wow, its you. That winger who can actually discuss. surprised
You I like. I think it's the wingers that give the series a bad name rather than the series itself.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:52 am
Shani wants griphephtan
I may like Wing but I can point out its flaws hence I'm non-biased. Being biased would be bashing other series just to make Wing look good.  

Colonel Lady Une

Colonel Lady Une

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:53 am
Xeon Sempai
Your sig is too tall
235+292+150=677 pixels
Hm... It seemed fine with the TVA mods... What do you suggest I do?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:56 am
Cagalli Yura Attha
oh wow, its you. That winger who can actually discuss. surprised
You I like. I think it's the wingers that give the series a bad name rather than the series itself.
Yes, it would appear that way. I'm so tired of gushy yaoi fangirls screaming "HeeroXDuo!" And make that 25 Gaians who think your Gaian is hot. Excellent work Cagalli! Your avvie is smokin!  

Colonel Lady Une

Colonel Lady Une

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:27 am
I almost forgot the AC timeline:

Episode Zero- pre-series, explains how the pilots came to be along with what OZ and the Alliance were like in the past. Explains why Wufei calls his Gundam 'Nataku' along with some other important tidbits regarding the other pilots...

Gundam Wing series/manga- the events of the anime series

Ground Zero- explains how Wing Zero got its Endless Waltz upgrade. Humorous and contains mild Heero x Relena romance. One of three possible pre-Endless Waltz events.

Battlefield of Pacifists- Tells of the uprising of the P3 (Perfect Peace People) led by Victor Gaintz. Quatre gets brainwashed and we see a beautifully drawn adult Dorothy. One of three possible pre-Endless Waltz events.

Blind Target- Radio drama that contains the infamous Heero x Relena kissing scene. I won't spoil it for you. Most likely of three possible pre-Endless Waltz events.

Endless Waltz- Mariemaia's uprising against the Earth Sphere Unified Nations (ESUN) Not exactly a good ending...

Preventer 5- Unfinished sidestory. Post-Endless Waltz. Relena along with some very influential people are captured by the Epyon de Talos. The Preventers must save them with the ex-Gundam pilots' help. How will they fare without their Gundams? The story is unfinshed so who knows?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:49 am
Colonel Lady Une
Shani wants griphephtan
I may like Wing but I can point out its flaws hence I'm non-biased. Being biased would be bashing other series just to make Wing look good.

Shani calls bullshit; You're telling me the fact that you like wing doesn't affect your presentation of the series in the least? neutral  

Stray Bullet Shani

Tenryu

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:40 pm
i found Wing an okay series... not too bad to burn it in hell not to good to rise up too heaven....

its like watching one of those anime's where you watch for the sake of it because it doesn't seem too bad (like ZOID Fuzors for me)

the only complaints i ever had was

1. appauling Gundam designs(not as worse as X or SDestiny)
2. the characters seems to be changing sides constantly
3. not enough variables in MS(which could be a good thing)
4. too many Gundams (at least G Gundam has an acceptable reason)

i think the major thing i didn't like about Wing was 2 and 1/5 of 1(Sandrock)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:44 pm
Tenryu

Wing doesn't have too many when compared to SEED or X.

And I have to agree with Shani: there's no such thing as an unbiased opinion. The best one can do is to give equal consideration to the opposing argument, whatever that might be.  

Starcloud

5,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150

ChibiDuo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:06 pm
Hey Lady Une! Good to see you made it to the Gundam Guild! As for an un-biased opinion, that COULD be possible.. if you've never experienced humanity before ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:24 am
Starcloud
Tenryu

Wing doesn't have too many when compared to SEED or X.

5 Gundams to me is a bit too much... 6 is pushing it... x more is kinda going down hill...
of course with Seed i try to think that their not 'Gundams' since its been abbreviated to a meer OS(and besides i don't think Calamity, Radier and Forbidden's start up OS sequence was ever shown)
X i just plainly don't like the designs apart from the GX and its upgrade  

Tenryu

Seraphil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:25 am
Zeta had 6 Gundams, you know.

3 Gundam Mk-IIs
Zeta Gundam
Psyco Gundam
Psyco Gundam Mk-II

Sentinel had 7.

S-Gundam
2 Zeta Plus C1s
3 FAZZs
Gundam Mk-V

Even Victory had, what, a half-dozen Victory Gundams?

And 0083 had 3 plus an incognito Gundam.

Then we have MSV... luckily that isn't counted as a series, but there are a lot of Gundams due to that in the original Gundam.

So, in the original Gundam, there were 3 RX-78-2s, 1 RX-78-1, and 1 RX-78-3. There's your 5 Gundams. wink

And Seed Gundams are Gundams. It's not really disputable when Fukuda himself calls them Gundams.  
Gundam

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff