Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Paranormal Research Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those seeking the truth and those who want to help find the answers. 

Tags: Paranormal, Ghosts, haunting, haunted, research 

Reply The Official Paranormal Research Guild
"Speaking Boards" Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

biojerk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:35 am
User ImageUser Image
Witching boards
Ouija boards
Talking boards
Speaking boards
Spirit boards
boards.
Call them whatever. razz

Do you use one? What are some of your experiences with one? What are your beliefs about one?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:33 pm
No, I have never used one and I don't plan on it. They invite unwanted and misguided spirits into your home, and I don't want to have to deal with that...  

circusbug
Crew

ShadowsCursed
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:48 pm
They do. They open portals and invite some nasty things into your home.

Usually you get the typical wandering spirits, but on those rare occasions something goes wrong.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:26 pm
I've never used one, bit afraid of what'd happen. My not-too-bright friend decided it'd be a good idea to burn a Ouija board though. .-.;

Windrift

Greedy Capitalist

biojerk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:17 am
Windrift
I've never used one, bit afraid of what'd happen. My not-too-bright friend decided it'd be a good idea to burn a Ouija board though. .-.;

ShadowsCursed
They do. They open portals and invite some nasty things into your home.

Usually you get the typical wandering spirits, but on those rare occasions something goes wrong.

circusbug
No, I have never used one and I don't plan on it. They invite unwanted and misguided spirits into your home, and I don't want to have to deal with that...

User ImageUser ImageI knew this kind of reaction would happen. razz At least from someone. For some reason, they have a bad rap. Maybe it's because the people using them seriously don't know how to deal with the spirit world?? Or maybe it's because people seem to trust whatever a spirit is telling them. I'm not saying think each one is a flat out lier, but please take everything with a grain of salt.

I went to an indian shaman guy who said I should stop using the board because of that very reason, then 50mins later we did a "calling of the spirits" which to me seemed MUCH more dangerous than a board and a glass. I don't understand why him doing that, and me using a board, is any different. You can call spirits a lot of ways, you just have to learn how to deal with them, and you should be fine.

It's just another tool that you use. Like tarot cards, meditation, or a crystal ball. But then again, that's just my opinion. smile I have had no bad experiences with the board.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:55 am
Tarot cards aren't the same at all. Tarot is ok.

See, the thing about ouija boards are is that you're allowing a spirit to open it up by coursing their energy into the home. If a demon happened to walk by, you're in danger of having them use your hands and naievety of the situation to spell out a word or chant that can open a portal.

Trust me, I'm not a noob is the spiritual world. If you know HOW to use a ouija board, that's fine. It's knowing how to protect yourself from what comes.

Go ahead and play with them. They aren't parlor toys to contact a dead neighbor.

There are many more safer ways to contact spirits. The boards are not safe unless you are aware of how to cleanse your home. Sage...doesn't do crap. So don't eff with it until you're fully aware of the mind frame it takes to cleanse your home and heal the misguided spirits that may be invited to eff with you.

And none of us are liars, thank you.  

ShadowsCursed
Vice Captain

Rhemira

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:44 am
I think they're just risky. Not exactly dangerous.

You both are right, in a way.

I'm more interested in your guy's experiences with the boards.

:0 !!

I can see myself buying one out of curiousity. I'll probably do it on a whim one day, and then return it because I'd be too worried that it'll spell out something scary. Like "I will eat your soul" or something. It's possible.. >>;;

Nisa's friend Jake has recurrent problems with something in his room. One day he turned on his TV, and in the few moments of blackness before it fully comes on, he heard "I will eat your soul" in this demonic voice. And then a show faded in.

That's off topic, but I'm just saying. Stuff like that does happen..  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:46 am
ShadowsCursed

See, the thing about ouija boards are is that you're allowing a spirit to open it up by coursing their energy into the home. If a demon happened to walk by, you're in danger of having them use your hands and naievety of the situation to spell out a word or chant that can open a portal.

Trust me, I'm not a noob is the spiritual world. If you know HOW to use a ouija board, that's fine. It's knowing how to protect yourself from what comes.

Go ahead and play with them. They aren't parlor toys to contact a dead neighbor.

There are many more safer ways to contact spirits. The boards are not safe unless you are aware of how to cleanse your home. Sage...doesn't do crap. So don't eff with it until you're fully aware of the mind frame it takes to cleanse your home and heal the misguided spirits that may be invited to eff with you.

User ImageUser Image

Urm! eek Snappy??? I didn't say anything bad at all about any of you. I didn't call any of you liers in the slightest. I'm sorry if there was some sort of miscommunication going on, but I seriously didn't mean any of my statement as to insult anything any of you said. I'm not even sure how it could have been taken that way. confused

And I do agree that it can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

But I was just saying, I don't know why they get a bad rap when things like spirit writting and other things close to that; dont.

biojerk

ShadowsCursed
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:29 pm
biojerk
ShadowsCursed

User ImageUser Image

Urm! eek Snappy??? I didn't say anything bad at all about any of you. I didn't call any of you liers in the slightest. I'm sorry if there was some sort of miscommunication going on, but I seriously didn't mean any of my statement as to insult anything any of you said. I'm not even sure how it could have been taken that way. confused

And I do agree that it can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

But I was just saying, I don't know why they get a bad rap when things like spirit writting and other things close to that; dont.

Not snappy, just upset this morning and the portion about the liars pushed my buttons just a bit. It did come off as miscommunicated. I now understand what you meant and I sincerely appologize.

Spirit writing contacts those around us, the ouija board tends to reach down and out a bit by creating a seance of the weaker sense. Writing and pendulums involves spirits already in our presence, if there's alread a demon present it probably already has it's own loopholes.

I am going to do some research on the calling of the spirits as you mentioned. It did sound somewhat...hypocritical, but seeing as I have no experience in the shaman culture I would have no idea how it works yet.

I appologize once again for coming across a bit snappy. I just want people to be careful with the ouija. It's so easy to get those boards and play with them like they're some board game. It simply send knots in my stomach. I remember playing with one when I was a kid, not having ANY idea what it was meant to do.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:04 pm
My cousin used one when she was younger with her BF, she said nothing happened and was surprised when i told her what they are capable of doing.  

AnxiousKitty

Windrift

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:50 pm
I bought a small Ouija board at Toys'R'Us. x)
Thinking about messing with it this weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:12 pm
I've never used one, but if you do, DON'T BURN IT WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT!!!! It'll only make things worse. It angers the spirits. Although, i don't think anyone here would be stupid enough to do THAT...  

peachy piie_x

5,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

NorthEastFire

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:21 pm
From what I've heard, using one is basically giving any spirits that might be listening an invitation to enter the home/whatever building or place you're in. You can't control what type of spirit enters, and there's a good chance it will be something malevolent that'll stay in the house and cause more problems after you stop talking to it.

I've heard that there are ways that you can control what can and can't come through them, but I don't know how or if this is true. If it is, you'd have to be experienced with things like that, and a lot of the time the people using Ouija boards are just teenagers thinking it'll be fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:11 pm
I've never used one, and I never will.
There are doors that are closed and kept closed for a reason.
My dad, his friend and his cousin used it when they were little.
At first they were just messing with it, but then the thing moved by itself.
They got rid of it and never used one ever again.

KitsuneKraze900

Ars Goetia

Demonic Abomination

11,400 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:09 pm
My friends and I... we have a sort of stupid way of going about things. We use one on occasion, mostly to meet new spirits. We can talk to the ones we know through other methods, and we do, but we like the board. It doesn't like me, though. No matter who we're talking to, I instantaneously kill all movement if I touch the planchette.

We don't use them particularly wisely. You'd think we'd have enticed something sinister by now, but somehow, we haven't. Well. Not with a Ouija Board. Apparently, the friend who owns the board managed to have something wander in while they were using it and it instantly started a fight amongst it and her guardians. I think they were talking to someone who called themselves EDW, who pinned my friend down while the fighting was going on.  
The Official Paranormal Research Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff