Aenakume

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:07 am
User Image

R P __ C H A R A C T E R S __ I N F O R M A T I O N __ O O C

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:15 am
_
_ R U L E S _

Guild and Gaia rules, of course.

After the Guild and Gaia, I am your goddess.

There are essentially three classes of characters, although there can be some overlap:

✜ Called - People who remember the symbol and music, and had powers awakened in them.

✜ Agency - People who work for the FBI, CIA, Homeland Security or some other such government agency who are interested in the Called.

✜ Special - Ask if you're interested, but these positions will only be offered to people with spectacular character profiles.

Use the form below to make a character profile and PM it to me. Note that you don't have to fill everything out - some items are optional if you want to keep secrets. Once you are accepted you can post your profile in the characters thread with any formatting you like.

Application Form
✜ Name
(full name)

✜ Age

✜ Role
(Called, an agent or a special role, or some combination. If you want a special role, ask.)

✜ Ability
(Only if called. Make sure you describe what the weaknesses and limitations of your ability are.)

✜ Description
(A textual description is required, pictures optional)

✜ Personality

✜ Other Information
(Whatever else you want to add)

✜ Homeland Security File
(If you are called and the security agencies are aware of you, then they have a file on you: so give yourself a number CS-? (except for 1-9) and either write a file (like I do with Liu), or just say it's classified (like I do with Ceilidh). If you are an agent, then you will also have a file, but not a CS-number, but again, you can either write it or just say it's classified.)

Use the form above to apply, and once accepted, post a profile entry in the Characters thread (make it look pretty - as long as all the information is there and is legible, then it's good), and then you're in.

Aenakume

Aenakume

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:42 am
_
_ T H E _ J O U R N A L _ O F _ M A R Y A M _ S H A I K H _

The following is a copy of a highly secret report filed by the US FBI, and passed around NATO countries at the highest level.

COSMIC TOP SECRET

NATO MATERIAL ATTACHED MUST BE SAFEGUARDED
IN ACCORDANCE WITH USSAN INSTRUCTION 1-69 (DOD
Directive 5100.55)

COSMIC TOP SECRET

THE UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE OF THE INFORMATION
CONTAINED IN THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT WOULD RESULT IN
EXCEPTIONALLY GRAVE DAMAGE TO NATO

COSMIC TOP SECRET

TOP SECRET//WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION

User ImageFEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

INTELLIGENCE REPORT

Intelligence Division

23 March 2009

New Changeling Subject Identified: CS-29

On 20 March 2009, a twenty-ninth subject in investigation file codenamed Changeling was identified posthumously, and designated CS-29. The subject was named Maryam Shaikh (19), a recent immigrant to the United States from Jordan, residing in a suburb of Lexington, Kentucky. CS-29 was identified as a Changeling subject by writings in its personal journal, discovered amongst the remains of a disaster it apparently caused, according to both evidence from the journal and forensic evidence at the scene.

On 13 March, a sudden fire or explosion apparently destroyed the residence of CS-29, killing the subject and its husband, Sayid Shaikh (22), its brother-in-law Asif Shaikh (20), and two friends of the Shaikh brothers, Ahmad el-Faisal (21) and Yusef Kalam (24). Because the four men were orthodox Muslims and recent immigrants from Jordan, and because the fire was suspicious, it was suspected by local authorities that they were a terrorist cell that had been manufacturing bombs, and had an accident. The FBI was granted jurisdiction on the case, and this was how CS-29 was eventually identified as a Changeling subject. We can be reasonably sure that no-one but FBI agents saw the journal, or if they did, were able to realize its significance, as it was first found by FBI forensic investigators, and is written in Arabic.

The contents of the journal follow.

Dec 29, 2008

This is the start of what will be my first full year in America. Ah, but I am still counting by the old calendar! I really have 3 more days until the first day of my first American year. Maybe I should start counting from then. I want to let go of the old ways, but it is hard. I feel like I am being pulled apart. I see the people around me, all so free and happy, and I want to join them... but they look at me with such distrust. But how can I can blame them? They cannot see my face behind my veil, and so they cannot see how I envy them, and how I yearn to be one of them. Is this not betraying my heritage? But I can see other Muslim women who still have their faith, and yet they live as Americans, without having to cover themselves. Why can't I do this?

Sayid would never allow it. If I were to show my face in public, it would shame him beyond words. But it is my face! Ah, perhaps I am being poisoned by American ways.

Jan 1, 2009

I will count today as the first day of my first American year. But I would never tell Sayid this, as it will anger him, and I spent all day tasting his anger and wish no more. He went out to celebrate the American new year with his brother and their friends, and came back very drunk and angry. They were not drunk in the morning, but still angry. I cannot write more, for I must attend to them, and I am already moving slowly enough to make them more angry because of the bruises.

Jan 5, 2009

Today was Sayid's first day back at work, but I did not go to the library today. There is too much risk that Sayid might come home and discover me gone. I will wait until things are settled back into routine again.

Jan 14, 2009

I was at last able to visit the library again! Although, the journey was quite difficult because Sayid hurt my knee quite badly when he beat me last night, so I was unable to stay long. I wore my veil today, even though I hate it, because at least it hides the bruises.

Jan 22, 2009

At last I was able to use the Internet at the library today. I have not been able to do so since dhu al-qi'dah (ذو القعدة), oops, I mean November! I was finally able to read more of the British woman Maryam Namazie, whom I discovered when I searched my own name out of curiosity. She is so brave! I read a "manifesto" that she has written, and the words burn in my soul: "We reject the cultural relativism which implies an acceptance that men and women of Muslim culture are deprived of the right to equality, freedom and secularism in the name of the respect for certain cultures and traditions." How these words ring in my ears! Why am I to cover myself and hide from the free people around me solely because of the cultural traditions of Jordan, a country I have left behind! Ah, but Sayid clings to the old ways....

Feb 11, 2009

I have not been able to write in my journal recently. I have truly become poisoned by American ways. It was but a moment, but I lost myself, and I questioned the will of my husband. In front of his friends. He beat me while they looked on, disgusted by my behaviour. I do not know how long he beat me. I lost consciousness, and woke up only the next day. It is only now, after four days, that I can walk again.

I was a fool to believe that simply because I am in America, and surrounded by Americans, that I might find freedom. They cannot see me. There is a veil between my world and theirs. In my world, I suffer. And they, only a few inches away, will not pierce the veil and look inside, and see me. I will not be visiting the library again.

Feb 13, 2009

Today was a strange day. I can hardly find the words for it. There was a strange symbol showing on every channel on the television, and a strange tune played. The tune was even playing on the Arab music station! No matter where I looked, no matter where I turned, there was the symbol, or the song. It was all that Sayid, Asif, Ahmad and Yusef could talk about when they got home - apparently these things were everywhere! And no one knows why.

I do not understand what either the symbol or the song mean. These things, I have never seen anything like them before. But... they resonate within me. At one point today, I caught myself... just... standing... staring at the television... at the symbol... listening to the music. I realized I had been standing there for almost two hours....

I feel...

... awakened....

Feb 15, 2009

Things have been strange for days now. On al-jum'a (الجمعة), I mean Friday, there was that strange symbol and song that appeared everywhere. Sayid was talking about with his brother and friends on that day, so I know they saw it! Yet... they seem to know nothing of it now! When I asked, he said they knew nothing of what I meant. But I know they saw it! How could they have forgotten?

If it were just them, I would think that perhaps they are playing a trick on me... but I have seen the news today and yesterday. I am not able to watch much with Sayid home, but still, I saw enough to see that there was no mention of it. Not a word since it happened on Friday, as if everyone went to sleep on Friday night, and woke up Saturday with no memory of it.

But this is not the only thing strange.

When I persisted in asking about the symbol and the music, Sayid grew angry with me. He began to hit me... but then something happened. It was as if there were an explosion between us. There was a burst of flame. We were both thrown to opposite sides of the room. Neither of us were hurt, but the arm he was striking me with, and my arm that he was striking... both were singed, and smoking. Asif saw the whole thing, so I know it was real. And I can still see the singe marks on my sleeve. It was real!

And I know the symbol and the music were real, too! I know it! Although it is at great risk, I must go to the library tomorrow. I must find out more....

Feb 16, 2009

This is infuriating! I feel as if I am going mad! I asked at the library, and I even searched on the Internet! There was no mention of either the symbol or the music. I checked the new reports for that day, and there was no mention there! Instead, they reported on things that I do not recall happening! It was as if an entire day were created to replace the day I remember, the day with the symbol and the music.

This mystery is driving me crazy! It is all I can do to keep from being short with Sayid. But I cannot be laid up in bed with injuries now, not now that I have a mystery to solve, so I must watch my tongue with great care.

Feb 19, 2009

I had another strange experience today... I am beginning to think that... perhaps... I might be going mad. I have been so intent on uncovering the mystery of the symbol and the music that I have been lax in my household duties. I realized too late that dinner may not be ready in time. So I rushed to prepare it. I was stewing some vegetables on the stove-top, when I moved to turn down the flame on the burner... but... the burner was not on. Yet... there was flame.

At first, I thought the stove was broken... and I started hoping that the flame would not grow bigger... and... it grew smaller, even as I wished it. Then I wished it bigger... and it grew....

But then, I dropped the spoon in my hand, and it startled me, and the flames disappeared. I had to turn on the burner to finish the meal.

But... for a moment... I felt...

... powerful.

Feb 25, 2009

It has been some time since I have written... but I have discovered so much! At first, I could not even light the burner again... but then, I was able to do it. With no match, and without using the starter, I can light the stove. But now... now I can do so much more. I stood with the stove's burner flame in front of me... and I... willed it... to rise. And it did. The flames... they rose from the stove top. Into the air, before my eyes. I reached out with my hands... to convince myself I was not dreaming... I could feel the heat. I... willed... the fire to take the shape of a ball... and I held it... between my hands... a ball of fire... in front of me... under my control.

And I... willed it... to form ribbons around me... ribbons of flame... dancing and streaming around me... at my command. I could... feel it... I could... control it. It was only for a few moments... before I lost my grasp and left burn marks on the ceiling and walls... and my clothing... and my arms... I shall tell Sayid the stove malfunctioned....

I can control fire.

Feb 27, 2009

I have practised more. I can summon fire, right before me, and shape it. But my reach only extends two paces. And the heat from the flames burns me if I maintain it for too long. I practised in the shower, with cold water running over me to protect me from the heat. I fear I may have singed the grout between the tiles. I have used bleach on the grout in the hope that the damage will not be noticeable. I can write no more. Sayid is home.

Mar 1, 2009

I have been very cautious to hide my newfound gift from my husband and his friends, but I fear they sense a change in me. I catch myself just short of talking back to Sayid. I fear the only reason he has not beaten me in the last two weeks is his fear of what happened the last time. I do not think he suspects that it was me that did it, but he is wary. I must try to be more meek. Time is short. I cannot afford to have him suspicious.

Time is short? Why do I say this? This has also been happening recently, and unfortunately, I fear I may have said such strange things in front of Sayid. The symbol and the music have done more that simply give me my ability to control fire. I have felt a compulsion about New York City. I have felt something drawing me there. I know I must go, but I do not know how. How can I do this without raising Sayid's suspicions?

Mar 4, 2009

I cannot understand this strange compulsion. I went to the library again today, intending to research the symbol and music again, but I found myself researching ways to get to New York. I cannot afford a bus ticket! Sayid would never give me the money! I even found myself researching the risks in hitch-hiking! What has come over me?

Mar 11, 2009

It is becoming dangerous. I have practised at great length with my gift, and I fear I have left signs of strange activity because of it - the grout in the shower is now noticeably browned, and the shower bar and curtain are distorted. I can see in Sayid's eyes that he is suspicious. I know that I must go. I must go to New York.

So today, I went to the library to research my options. Money is the major problem. But for that, I plan to take as much of my own and Sayid's jewellery as I can, and pawn it as I go. This will get me at least a few thousand dollars. I do not know if it will be enough. I do not know what awaits me in New York. I just know that I must go. Next week, I will go.

Mar 12, 2009

I have been discovered! Asif, Ahmad and Yusef came to see Sayid today, and all were quite grim and agitated. They told me they wished to speak in private, and locked themselves in the garage so that I could not listen in. But I know that if I press my ear to the outlet for the dryer vent in the garden at the side of the house, I can hear clearly what is discussed in the garage. And so, I heard.

Sayid had suspected me of something, but he knew not what. He asked Ahmad to watch the house and see what I did when Sayid went to work. Ahmad saw me leave the house without my veil, and go to the library. How could I have been so careless!?

I am in danger. They have discussed an honour killing. They would make it look like an accident. I may not have much time. I must leave tomorrow.

It is likely that Sayid Shaikh, Asif Shaikh Ahmad el-Faisal and Yusef Kalam confronted CS-29 the next day - Friday, 13 March 2009 - and caught it in the act of its attempted flight. The four men then attempted to restrain, and possibly murder, CS-29. CS-29 retaliated in self-defense, using its pyrokinetic abilities, but in the heat of the struggle lost control, resulting in the deaths of the four men, and itself.

Forensic analysis of the scene suggests that CS-29 was capable of generating far more thermal energy than perhaps even it was aware of. The melted tungsten in the light bulbs indicate that it was able to achieve temperatures well in excess of 6000°F.

This evidence shows that the threat of these subjects may be far greater than previously believed. It is recommended that surveillance operations be stepped up on all known subjects.

The journal of CS-29 provides us with a clue to identifying further subjects. We should watch out for sudden changes in behaviour and temperment starting after the Transmission Incident (Feb 13 2009), and for sudden interest in symbols, strange transmissions, special abilities, and New York City. A sudden journey to New York City should be flagged.

It is further recommended that assets be redirected to New York City. This reinforces a pattern our analysts have recognized among all known subjects - all seem to be either moving toward New York City, or have demonstrated an intention to. Everyone from outside the city coming into the city should be checked. If there is something special about NYC to the Changelings, and there is no reason to assume CS-29's lead is false, then it is imperative that we find out what that is.  
The Graveyard

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games