Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fix Offers On Gaia!

Back to Guilds

This guild was created to help Gaians speak up about the offers. 

Reply Safer Offers
GetGambit's Customer Support (the Secret Info) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GigaForte
Vice Captain

4,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:53 pm
Okay. The guild is now safe from prying eyes. Which means it's now safe to tell you all this.

A few notes beforehand. You do not share the following information outside the guild and you do not exploit it for yourself. Doing so will result in your removal from the guild.

A week or so ago, I made a getgambit account and discovered their customer support policy. Now, for those of you who don't know, the offers system is merely a Getgambit-run plugin that Gaia merely puts a frame around. Everything in the offers box on the page is done off of gaia and shown in gaia's frame. When you report a problem through the offer system, it goes to the offer admin, who are GetGambit employees, not gaians or mods or gaia staff. Their customer support policy is how they handle the problems we submit.

Quote:
Customer Support Policy

When a user creates a complaint ticket for an offer, they are credited if the payout for the offer is below $20 and they do not have a history of questionable complaints. If the user does have a history of questionable complaints, they will be asked a series of questions unique to each offer that helps the customer service representatives determine whether or not the user has probably completed the offer. If the user replies with sensible and accurate answers, they are credited for the offer. For offers that are above $20, we automatically ask for confirmation emails. If the user is able to provide the proper confirmation email, the user is credited. The confirmation emails are then forwarded weekly to the ad networks and conversions that are confirmed by the ad networks are credited to the developer.

Pretty much, it says that if an offer's payout is under $20 and you submit a problem with it, and you do not have a history of questionable complaints, they pay you automatically. If not, they verify it first. Too many questionable complaints, and you get banned from the offers.

Is this bad? Good? Well, it's not safe. If this info leaks and people start to exploit it, Getgambit will likely start having to ban people from offers (not from gaia) left and right. This would result in losses for gaia and getgambit, and the likely removal of offers and inability for Gaia to try again.

We as a guild have already established we want the offers fixed, not removed. If gaia takes a big loss, we're not too happy either. Furthermore, losing the offers like this would mean no second chance at free cash.

Pretty much, that's it. Don't share it. Not only could any leak cause gaia to take heavy losses, but its not worth risking a gaia staff member banning you for simply discussing it.

If anyone wants to add on anything I've missed or misquoted, please do so.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:00 pm
Good job, Giga. I have one thing to add:
If you leak this information and we find out that you did, you will be banned. If you use this to scam gaia and getgambit you will be banned.
In other words:

DO.NOT.LEAK.THIS.INFORMATION. TO. ANYONE. OUTSIDE. THIS. GUILD.

User Image

la dentelle
Vice Captain

Feline Demigod

23,725 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100

Fusty Inhabitant
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:03 pm
And remember, exploiting this that much will get Gaia to notice what you've done, and you'll be IP banned from the site as well.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:04 pm
Fusty Inhabitant
And remember, exploiting this that much will get Gaia to notice what you've done, and you'll be IP banned from the site as well.

That's even scarier than my very large capitalized post. It's useful, though. very eye catching.

User Image

la dentelle
Vice Captain

Feline Demigod

23,725 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100

Fusty Inhabitant
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:06 pm
la dentelle
Fusty Inhabitant

That's even scarier than my very large capitalized post. It's useful, though. very eye catching.

User Image
We have to be more threatening than just removal from the guild at times. Dx  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:07 pm
Fusty Inhabitant
la dentelle
Fusty Inhabitant

User Image
We have to be more threatening than just removal from the guild at times. Dx

Very true.
We're the least severe.

User Image

la dentelle
Vice Captain

Feline Demigod

23,725 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100

GigaForte
Vice Captain

4,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:08 pm
XD.
DO.NOT.LEAK.THIS.INFORMATION. TO. ANYONE. OUTSIDE. THIS. GUILD. COW.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:10 pm
GigaForte
XD.
It's a good way to get the mission across.
User Image

la dentelle
Vice Captain

Feline Demigod

23,725 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100

GigaForte
Vice Captain

4,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:21 pm
la dentelle
GigaForte
XD.
User Image

It was more for the.... cow... yeah. agreed.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:25 pm
GigaForte
la dentelle
GigaForte
XD.
User Image

It was more for the.... cow... yeah. agreed.
>.>  

Fusty Inhabitant
Captain

GigaForte
Vice Captain

4,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:16 pm
I just had an aim chat with a getgambit person, by the way. Nice guy. Unfortunately, I lost a ton of faith in Gaia. Apparently, the offer disable system is... automatic. All gaia has to do is select it off a list and say disable...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:54 pm
GigaForte
I just had an aim chat with a getgambit person, by the way. Nice guy. Unfortunately, I lost a ton of faith in Gaia. Apparently, the offer disable system is... automatic. All gaia has to do is select it off a list and say disable...

When they do that, does it actually take it down from the list or what? If so, isn't that a good thing?  

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

Fusty Inhabitant
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:02 am
Pixel Mine
GigaForte

When they do that, does it actually take it down from the list or what? If so, isn't that a good thing?
I think that means that...Gaia has these bad offers for a reason.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:46 am
Fusty Inhabitant
Pixel Mine
GigaForte

I think that means that...Gaia has these bad offers for a reason.

It means that, if the getgambit man was telling the truth, gaia has full control over the filtering of their offers and have not done any filtering.

I still have the chat window. I can post the full conversation if you like.  

GigaForte
Vice Captain

4,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fusty Inhabitant
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:51 am
Please do, if you still have it.  
Safer Offers

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]