SkyeGear
Captain

Liberal Streaker

8,375 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:57 am
This idea is going to sound insane. I know it will. But still, I'd like to see what everyone thinks of this possibility.

Do you think this guild, now or at any time in the future, will be able to create a visual novel together? For example, we have some people draw backgrounds, some do sprites, some code, some do writing, voice acting, sound effects, music, etc.? Do you like the idea of a guild project where we create a not-for-profit VN?

Post your thoughts here. It may be something we can undertake once the guild has grown.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:47 am
I was actually thinking the same thing! XD;

It's like, dude, we have all these interested people in one place, and most likely a lot of skill and dedication, so I couldn't help but think, man, what if we all pooled our talents and made something awesome?

Probably in the future, though. I'm in a busy time in my life right now (work, college, home stuff, etc), and I just discovered Ren'Py myself, so I'll be wanting to work on something of my own, bit by bit, for a while. I'm also the worst procrastinator you've ever known (I have something of a chronic, subconscious fear/repulsion of obligation that I've been trying hard to overcome recently), but when there's nothing I need to worry about IRL, I can really pour myself into something.

I'm being totally honest here, so you guys know EXACTLY how I am in case this thing ever happens. I don't want anyone to have any heightened opinions or expectations of me, because that always just ends in disappointment, and guilt and shame on my part. >_< I think I'll be a lot better once my RL situation sorts itself out a little more, though. It wasn't always this way, and I wasn't always this bad.

Anyway, my contribution to the group project would be art and writing, no question. I know nothing of the coding and programming, and even less than that where sound effects and music are concerned.  

Ashercroix

Wheezing Phantom

11,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

For Tomorrow

Assimilated Player

10,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:11 pm
That sounds kinda cool!~★

After joining this guild and playing your VN demo, I've been inspired to make my own. The coding is very very easy to learn, isn't it? It's all so much fun. 3nodding It's not going to be used for profit so I've been fitting in a few soundtracks from my favourite JRPG's when needed.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:33 pm
it would be sweet^.^  

YukiLover500

Hilarious Explorer

Nii

Decorated Pumpkin

18,500 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:51 pm
Oh, definitely sounds like a good idea! I'm in the same position as Rae at the moment though, so don't expect a lot of commitment from me in the near future. xD

I have a bit of programming experience, but writing and arting (lol) are my stronger points. Just getting that out there. /o/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:43 am
i can do sprite or background art....if you guys srsly still want to make the project a reality. but i need the story first, so i can design the character after i understand them better. dramallama  

Izatora

Devoted Werewolf

11,500 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • First step to fame 200

Cami Reverie

Dangerous Hunter

10,600 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:05 am
Of course, but people are inactive (me) and my laptop is broken. I'm willing to have it fixed though, considering we have our new internet connection.  
The Visual Novel Developers' and Players' Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games