Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kerosene and bubblewrap

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:08 pm

first of all, THE WHOLE THING IS TRUE

Injustice
My dad used to work for Prime Co. which eventually be came Verizon. When I was about four years old, my dad?s work got transferred to the united states. We hired a bunch of lawyers to get my dad a visa. The problem was that he was the only person who had one.

When we moved to the US we showed them my dad?s visa, they let us in. We bought a house, and my mom and dad got an American driver?s licence, but they never asked for Mom?s visa. My mom and dad both got jobs, and we were never pursued for a visa beyond my dads.

We traveled to Toronto, Ontario (Canada) a lot. But when we came back or left, they accepted Dad?s licence. We were always with Dad so there wasn?t any problem. But one time, Dad left early to go back to work.

We were going to Toronto to see our grandparents. We had a lot of fun, we visited cousins, we went to our grandparents? cottage. But Dad left early to go back to work. We said our goodbyes, and stayed a while longer. Then we went home.

On the way home, we were at the Windsor, Detroit border crossing. So my mom took out her Canadian passport. The customs officer asked for our papers again. My mom got confused and gave him her, Wisconsin driver?s licence and social security card. He then plain out asked: ?Where?s your Visas?? My mom said we don?t have one. He then asked: ?How did you get a social security card without a Visa?? My mom said that they never asked.

We were asked to pull over and get out of the car. Upon exiting, there were four men surrounding our car pointing guns at us, because they thought that we might be terrorists. The customs people wrote up some papers and we were kicked out of the country.

We stayed in a hotel in Windsor. My dad then had to call up lawyers to fill out some forms, and we were issued Visas the next day.
The injustice is that just because they never asked for our Visas before and did now, that they should put us at gunpoint. We didn?t do anything wrong on purpose, but that?s not how it worked out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:39 pm
o cmon, i know that there areny many people but this is just stupid!  

kerosene and bubblewrap

Mekaama

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:22 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:56 pm
Agreeing with Mekaama. She seems to know what she's talking about.  

VickiLynnEden

kerosene and bubblewrap

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:54 pm
its an essay for school, im not asking you to edit it, im asking what you thought about the STORY. but thanks anyway  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:22 am
Please specify that in the future then.  

Mekaama

kerosene and bubblewrap

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:43 am
sorry sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:51 pm
It's quite alright... would you like to join in the campfire thread? Provided it's alright with everyone else (Vicki and Velkyn).  

Mekaama

VickiLynnEden

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:18 pm
Its fine with me if he wants  

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas