Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

QAtheTenkou

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:22 pm
Wendy - S'okay, I knew you wouldn't. xd There had to be a reason it was still around if you weren't too crazy about it, and I doubt either of us would be so willing to give up addresses. xd

Lucky. I wish my allergies were only that much. *sulk* Granted, it's not as severe now that I'm older, but it can still itch like Hell if I don't wash my hands immediately. Though, in a weird way, at least it's just my skin, and doesn't bother my nose/mouth/eyes.

Spiders! Even though I love 'em, I admit to shrieking if one surprises me. Like once, I was digging into the pantry while cooking dinner. I swore someone touched my shoulder, which was odd because only my father was home at the time, and he was upstairs. I turn and look, and the largest daddy-long-leg I've ever seen in my life (and probably will ever see) was crawling aimlessly on my shoulder.

True, my nervous system is strangely over-sensitive, but to actually feel one moving through the fabric should give you an idea of its size. It was bigger than my hand, even though its legs were still thread thin, and its body no bigger than my pinky nail...it just had SIZE.

Of course, one of those THAT big is a freak of nature. I shrieked, flung it across the room, and ran to my dad insisting he check it wasn't still on me. xd

Centipedes, however, are the one thing I'll run from screaming and crying. I've been known to crawl up something, pointing and yelling, "Kill it! Kill it!"

Saw one on a ceiling once, and kept squirting it with a squirt gun. When it fell, I screamed and ran away. xd

Yume - He won't. The only way I might get rid of him is restraining order or moving far away and staying unlisted. But he does have money, and wouldn't hesitate to pay someone to search. The freak.

Although my motives for wanting to move far away have nothing to do with him. xp

Darkish - I do have to worry if such a color would get me in trouble at my job (and do bear in mind I'd have to bleach my hair first, or any shade of blue or purple will look gray). And there's the bleaching, which makes me nervous. Besides, it's not like my odd color of blonde is bad.

Things DO always seem more obvious from the outside. ._. And it would be so much nicer if these outside view people always said something.

At least I give my sister SOME credit. Once she "saw the light" and left him, she broke all contact. He just keeps coming back. If he calls, she hangs up on him.

Favorite candy bars...Hershey's milk chocolate with almonds, caramello, big kit kat, twix, and 3 musketeers on occasion. Mmmm...caramello...

Ashram - ...*smacks forehead* And what's sad is that I didn't stop to think about stress. Normally, stress doesn't get to me very easily, so if I'm not sleeping well, it's usually something else.

Yeah, I've been VERY stressed the past two weeks. It's mostly all in my head, and no I don't want to talk about it, really. I always feel like some angsty emo twit, and I really hate that.

Relax and be at ease? That's also what's stressing me out. I feel like I haven't had a break in months. On my days off from work, I catch up on sleep and house chores. The past few weeks, strangely on my days off, stuff breaks. Like the heater, or the sink clogs. X_x

Guess I need to plan an adventure. xp

Thanks.

Memai - heart Spiders!

Angelus Mortiferus - Hi, and welcome! May I call you Morti?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:20 am
WaMuh~ Oh my...GROSS. xD I woulda cried. LEG SQUIRMING. ;_; I think maybe squishing it down would have sufficed, but Im sure stripping down was just as effective. But then I dont think you wanted spider entrails all over your boobs. xD;;

Darkish~ All your talk of pies...I want a pot pie sooo bad now. ;_;
And my favorite right now are those FastBreak bars they made off of the major kinds. They're great. x)
But you can't beat a classic like Hershey's Almonds. And almond joys are rather enjoyable. o_o

Memai~ Stop speaking such terrible things! Spiders....SPIDERS. gonk

WOLF SPIDERS NOOOOO. Omg there was a tarantula in my garage when I was cleaning it once.
Trauma. For. LIfe.

And my friends party today had a bungee run. Later I fall asleep as I do, and when I woke up to Emily Rose screaming I hurt all over. X_x
My right arm shall be useless for a few days. Hoo right. cool  

Chibi Koji

Angelus Mortiferus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:51 am
QAtheTenkou - Call me whatever you wish, though I prefer to be called Kari. x) Thanks for the welcome  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:54 am
ah man..
I think I'm gonna stop offering couples pieces in my art shop.. leave those for art auctions. People seem to only buy couples. >.>  

Sotalean

Shameless Lover

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:16 am
Seth - School... Ah, yes. That place with the books and learning...

QA - Yeah, you've wanted to get out of there for a while, haven't you?

Sotalean - I don't blame you. People love couples pics...and, of course, they're the most obnoxious comissions ever.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:29 am
AD >> Oh... eek That sounds painful. We did an art fair here in our city this year. I got stung three times and was the only one in our group that did. Bugs hate me! sweatdrop It took over a month for the welts to disappear from that. I found out just how sweet artists are too that day. I did everything in my power to NOT swear because I was doing face painting for little kids at my booth. xd We were showing off our illustrations and other art, and we used the free face painting to draw in the crowds. When I did my silent, yet active dance, it drew the attention of everyone on the strip. I had more offers for ice, pharmacy runs and even food! xd It turned out that the bowl of jelly beans next to me were drawing in the wasps, and of course, they would land on me, I'd rest my arm on them or something like that.

Death to all bugs! twisted

P.S. Maybe I may have contained myself had I actually been around others. It was only my bf, so I really can't be sure. Hope I never have to find out. xd

Kari >> Welcome to the Guild and Gaia! I am new to this guild, but if new people keep coming, I'll look a lot less new in no time. whee

QA >> Too funny! I remember my youngest son being an infant (about 5 mos). I was tying my sneakers and a the biggest, hairiest, ickiest Wolf Spider ran over my foot at mach speed while I was tying. I screamed like a girl and ran out of the house. My husband was holding the baby when this happened, and I thought for sure I'd scared him to tears. When I went back in to check on him, he just looked me in the eye, grinned the biggest grin and mimicked my scream and look on my face. Of course, this was hilarious to him and I do believe he tormented me with that memory for weeks afterwards. xp Little brat! xd

We don't have centipedes here. Phew! We do have Daddy Long Legs though. In the warmer months, we have to use a stick to break the webs of Wolf Spiders spun across our stairways outside every day. Ewww! stressed And hanging laundry outside is another treat. Where are the spider eating birds when you need 'em?

Koji >> Spiders make a snap/squelch sound when they pop. Especially those huge ones. Spider squishing on my boobs was NOT an option. They have hard little exoskeletons too, so it would have taken a lot to squish it seeing as it was a soft area it would have been squished against. Sheer panic and disgust is a prime motivator for fast removal of any and all clothing if necessary. LMAO!

OMG! I'm so glad we have no tarantulas here. eek I'd have to move to the North Pole just to be sure I'd never see a spider again. Ick!

Sotalean >> I found that too. I don't offer special commissions any more. Now I take names and make a waiting list and ask for free creative license. People still like that. You can do what you like and still have a lot of fun. Of course, I do all of my art for free. I've never charged anyone...yet. sweatdrop  

Wanderlings Muse

Wanderlings Muse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:31 am
Ok...favourite chocolate bar is Laura Secord's Dark Chocolate. User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:56 pm
WaMuh~ Ugg they do! Especially the ones that are all slick and shiney looking. And the legs....OH THEIR LEGS. gonk Haha, if you ever want someone out of their clothes, spiders are en excellent form of persuasion. xD

OMG YOU'RE SO LUCKY. We have wolf spiders, tarantulas, AND even scorpions! The tarantulas around here aren't poisonous, but if they get on you they shed their hairs and leave you with a painful itch for days. gonk
And oh geezus...you never wanna see a spider jump. It's the most terrible thing I've ever had to witness. No, it's not enough they can climb and spin webs to levetate themselves from the ceilings. No. They have to be able to jump up and get at your knees. gonk gonk

Ohhhkay. So I obviously don't like things with more then 4 legs.... xd
Stopping now. o_ o

Does anyone else like asian food? I sure do. x9
I can eat fried rice like a fiend. And only stop because it's not possible to eat anymore. 8D~~~  

Chibi Koji

Saisei Hoshi
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:00 pm
Ok, so I've missed a lot.

Not going to play catch up because I'm lazy. But:

To any new member: Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay and post often.

About Chocolate bar thing: I don't eat chocolate bars.

About me: Nothing new, just busy with stuff.

Night.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:01 pm
AD> Well... we're not really learning that much at the moment.. XD Soon though... maybe. XP

Personally, I don't mind spiders... except perhaps those that jump. >2>;; Mostly because the ones that decide to jump are big. XD But either I still have to squish them... since my sister and mom are terrified of them. X3 Pretty much.. as long as the spider isn't by my bed or anything I'll just let it be. :3

Bees and moths on the other hand... rofl  

Find_The_XdOGx

Songjewel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:22 pm
eek So many new names! Hi all you new people...and those old people who don't remember me cuz I've been gone so long.

*plops down* I've been gone a long while. The Prozac has begun making me arty again though...School has restarted and I'm working two jobs, along with my stupid brain not being able to stop sketching. Started doing real art on Gaia again instead of just headshots...mostly for contests.

None of my jobs compares to the deli though. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:44 am
Kari - Kari it is! I think I had a character named that, once. She was the nice upper grader that tried to help out the younger kids, but still had a mean streak if you made her mad.

Yume - ...I do mention it too often, don't I? I do have lots of stuff ready this time. I've got the stuff I'll need, general price ranges, and an account set to slowly save. And I'm not just moving out of town, or state. I'm moving as far as I can get, and I'm buying a HOUSE. No more damned apartments. A nice small, one bedroom house will be enough. *plots*

Wendy - No centipedes? Which state? *has bags packed* (You don't really have to answer. xd )

To continue with the funny arachnid tales!

All my sisters, and my mom, DESPISE spiders. Once, when I was little, a "big, hairy, and ugly" one was found in my eldest sister's room. I was really little at the time, and she's about eight years older.

She shrieked, and began spraying it with hairspray continuously until it rolled onto its back and curled its legs in. I found out, and charged into her room. We argued about it.

::Sister:: But it was big, hairy, and ugly!

::Me:: Well, you're big, hair, and ugly but no one's tried to kill you!

Sethy - heart

Songjewel - 'llo!  

QAtheTenkou

esuri

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:21 am
Hi!

I should be going to sleep right now, but I just realized that I haven't introduced myself yet.

So yeah. I'm esuri, with a lowercase 'e' because it looks cuter. I've been on gaia almost since the beginning, but unfortunately I wasn't very active and didn't get the older items everybody seems to desperately want. My greatest regret. sweatdrop

Anyway, I joined because I'm sick of browsing through the forums looking for decent people to talk to, and also because I plan on opening a shop soon. Yeah. That's pretty much it.

And I'll probably end up spamming this thread with random pictures. Mmhmm.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:19 am
Seth~ But...Moths are adorable. ;_ ;

Sj~ How could we forget Songjewel? gonk heart

QA~ Haha, hairspray TKO!

esuri~ Weehee! 'alloo. :B
Picture posting? I think me and you are gonna get along just fine. >D
<3  

Chibi Koji

Memai-kins

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:23 am
Look, if you people hate spiders so much, GIVE THEM TO ME DDX

Once, a friend of mine, jenna_chan saw a spider in her room. She decided to squish it with a book. As said book was about to make contact with the little cutie, she stopped halfway and thought about...

me mrgreen So she decided to scoop it up on a piece of paper and send it outside >w< And yes, Shiro...that's your Jenn. She told me this story a few months back >w<

esuli >> Hee! Hi there :'D *gives spider shaped cookies*

Blah...>> New rant in blog...splatterofink.blogspot.com  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games