Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:05 am
Ashram :: eek exclaim exclaim exclaim *DUN Dun duunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!*

Songjewel :: gonk heart heart heart crying

A.D. :: ninja *skitters off un-suspiciously looking*

Koji :: xd that picture is... well... rofl

Memai ::for once... I'm glad I haven't stolen art from you like I would be prone to do on a usual basis. sweatdrop

I pity the fool who did tho... mad he doesn't know the fury of a well-trained Malay Mangaka with a big bo staff and an even bigger yearning to bash skulls and other unmentionables. .___.;

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:03 am
Muse - People can make a lot of gold on Gaia if they spend too much time online. xd Also, once you get past 8000 posts you start getting a lot more gold per post. It's pretty sick that I know that, but I have been here for over 2 years now, so I think I have an excuse to have over 8k posts.

AD - With regard to Gaia not maintaining their site...sure they can! They are, after all, amateurs. stare Not that we have to like it...

Koji - If you're looking to Gaia to teach you how to draw boobs, you're in trouble. xd You ought to be looking at WOMEN.

Memai - There's a part of me that wishes it would happen again just so your threat would find some vindication. whee Is it bad that the prospect of skipping rope with theif-intestines delights me?  

Songjewel

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:12 pm
Memai - Only you could use art as a threat. heart I'm proud of you.

Sj - You have to admit that being an amateur for three years is pushing it. I don't doubt their zeal, mind you. I simply think they all have ADD.

Edit: I'm old schoolin' it! xd heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:52 pm
SJ >> I spend too much time on Gaia, but I never had that much gold. Maybe if I post more... rolleyes xd

Memai >> You go, girl! I hope you catch them. That just bites! scream  

Wanderlings Muse

Songjewel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:08 pm
duh. xd Have you ever seen an ADD person finish a project without starting 15 others first? It's a textbook case!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:45 pm
QiiyewAye~ xd
Dang, I've never been repressed when I doodle. xD I just do, because they dont take me very long. I've never written a story, or even made up a character. xD;; All my doodles are of...my avitar. X_x;
The one story? :0 Sounds like a scandal. ninja

WaMuh~ Here ya go, nice and undercooked and still pink and gushy on the inside. B) xD;
I have a 4 year old cousin, and its the exact same way...except she tries trading me things for them later. That lil' hustler. xD
Man, what's with everyone hating phones? gonk

I LOVE MY PHONE. And I'M PROUD. ; ; heart

AD~ No prob. (:
Haha, thanks? xd It looks like someone enjoyed a pinch or three. xD;

Ash~ YAR! I've actually been drawing alot lately. And coloring, even! O.o

Shiro~ Umm...enjoyable? xD

Sj~ Haha, I should have learned, Gaia and it's prepubesent avitars. xD

Old school AD! o_o
I remember when... 8D *Trails.*

My parakeet died today. She was a good ol' bird, that Yuki was. :C  

Chibi Koji

QAtheTenkou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:37 pm
Wendy - One of the best things is kicking kids out of the department. I don't know how often parents drop their kids off (LITTLE KIDS!) in Toys, and leave them to play while they shop. If the kid doesn't do much damage, if at all, I really don't care and try to keep an eye out. (Like if they just sit quietly in the book aisle and read.) If they're pulling stuff off shelves and leaving it on the floor, opening boxes, and the deal breaker, playing sports games/throwing balls...I take the stuff right out of their hands, loom over them, and be as scary as possible. I'll demand to know where their parents are, in that stern voice "adults" use. They cheep out some response, I'll point dramatically, "Go find your parents and STAY with them!"

I used to think I'd get in trouble for that? But I've realized that any time a kid has tried to squeal on me, the parent is just embarassed, grabs the kid, hurries with their shopping and leaves. xd

Cheers me right up every time.

Another annoyance is like today, this woman insisted we had erector sets. While we USED to carry them, we no longer will at this store. I told her thus, and she was all pissy about it. Then she went to the front desk and asked them. Of course, they call me, and before I can even get to a phone to answer them, the customers storm out.

They think that, because the answer I gave them wasn't what they wanted, they can ask someone else and get a different answer. SURPRISE! I am the ONLY person in the Toys department. If I don't know? No one does.

I've hung up on people for walking away while on the phone. xd I have only so many minutes, and it costs money. If you really want to talk, call me back. I have stuff to do instead of listening to silence while my money wastes away. xp

Ashram - Delicious, as well. heart

*stares at sig art* That one damn one with the arms crossed. SUIT. Damn it. *staaaaaare*

Memai - Go Memai! *readies pitchfork*

Chibikins - It's not that doodles take me long, it's just lately I often spend time just staring at a blank area. I feel like I've drawn most everything, beyond designing stuff. So basic doodles just end up half-assed scrawls and I hate that. Another reason why I've used pictures as of late. It's something different, and forces me to use detail again. They don't take long, but I get caught up and will keep at it for HOURS on several sketches.

Characters? Er...unfortunately I have a decent memory, and I can remember most every character I've created. I think I'm almost at 2000 by now. -_-;; They all belong to their own stories, and some to several stories, but they also run loose in my head basically creating yet ANOTHER story. To organize it, I've made my brain into its own world, and my imagination is represented by a productions lot. All my characters are "actors" and personnel. Which actually was a fun RP for my friends who knew characters from many stories.

The one story I was referring to was "World of Ennead". I've worked on it for years, and it has changed repeatedly. It has swallowed up old stories I never finished, morphed, etc. Of course, with so many important characters, backgrounds, etc. it gets lost in my head. Some would say to just start "at the beginning". But there's so many beginnings! Worse, if I start with any of them, it would involve a lot of explaining right there and then, or rapid time jumps. Both of which are bad for a beginning. I need to throw readers right into it, but I can't do so by going by any of the characters' beginnings. X_x

Arrgh.

And there's another story I'm working on, "Pages in the Mirror", which has a good beginning. And while the bad guy I'm still working on, I can easily finish him as I go. Only reason I can't use it first? It recycles three of the characters. One of which is already dead before the story starts, one doesn't show up until much later and is only of background importance, and the third is much different, but important to the story. And bits of "World of Ennead" is important to "Pages in the Mirror" even though they have nothing to do with each other! *throws hands in the air*

If that made ANY sense whatsoever.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:50 pm
QiiyewAye~ Haha, same here! My pages and book of doodles are all half-assed busts and if you're lucky, a torso. xD I never feel happy with what I've done. :/ Or I just hate to spoil a good eye or a chunk of hair with a crooked elbow or mal-proportioned chest. xD;

I (barely) remember a character I had to make for an RP once. And that's about the only one I ever made, and he didn't have any relations to any other characters. @w@ I didn't want to be all overstrong, so mine was always the weak one. Later it was analyzed as "--a portrait of what you feel you are on the inside bleh blah bullpaw--". But lets not go there. xD;;

Wow, it sounds terribly interesting though. @.@ I used to help my friend with her stories, but she was never happy with my suggestion. Pre-madonna writers. xd If I tried I could probably write something decent, but my usual writtings are limited to school essays and posts. 83;
*Watches you flail.* x'D

Ooh look!
I got bored and played with PhotoShop filters again. I think this ones hecka tight, regardless of the genericness of my camera angle. xD
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/Kojipix/filterplay.jpg  

Chibi Koji

Memai-kins

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:54 pm
Shiro >> Keeping it on your HD to admire when the web's out is one thing. Sprawling it in your file/folder/user page and claiming you/your older sibling drew it is another thing entirely. I even took the liberty of placing my devart URL there D: AND my full name. Both in ink. Oh yes~

But you're a fan, so I won't be surprised if you actually managed to snag my doodles <3

SJ >> No...but I saw some of the Form 1 students looking with FEAR at that message...I think I got my point across xd

Skip-rope with art theif-intestines should be an Olympic sport =x GASOC would take the gold medal home xd

AD >> OMGICADOMG!

XD I'm going to sig that! *sigs*

Muse >> I did, I think XD I saw some students looking at that message, they exchanged glances with each other, caught me death-glaring them, and high tailed it out of the classroom. Yes, I staked-out the classroom for 30 minutes WAITING for those poor bastards to come through the door.

Oh the things an artist does for art xd

QA >> YAY pitchforks whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:05 am
SJ >> Every time I read it, I think... I must remember to tell you... That's a really pretty name you have for your avi... 'Songjewel'... 3nodding

I'm ADD, but I don't do meds. I'm not that serious a case. I think being chronically lazy kinda tempers that. xd I just like to start a billion projects and take forever to finish 'em. Whee!

AD >> You look so different! If I hadn't read your name, I'd never know who you were. You look stylin'! xd

Koji >> If you're looking for sealeds, feel free to PM me any time. wink

LMAO @ trading. I ask my 3 year old and he looks at me like I'm retarded. Five hours later he's off in a dark corner talking to my toys and hoarding them all like a scene from JTHM or something.

I don't hate the phone THAT much. xd I do still own one and curse when it rings, but I'm never mean when I answer it. It's likely because of the simple fact that I could sit here and do absolutely nothing all day, but the instant I start getting into doing something really cool or interesting...RING!!!! scream I swear sometimes there's hidden cameras in my house that my friends and family sit and watch going... "Wait for it... Wait for it... NOW! She's right in the middle of CGing something new. Call her! Call her NOW!" xd I'd much rather have them talking beside me while I play. LOL!

It was a hoot when my cordless died and I had to stay tied to my kitchen wall for hours. I'd stare at my imaginary watch and say "OMG...I have to go water my cat. Callyalaterbye!" "Water your what? Cat? But you don't have a..." Click. twisted (I've never really hung up on anyone...but a girl can dream...)

I've been drawing and coloring a lot lately too. Reminds me of my kindergarten years. My sister-in-law thinks it's wierd. She's the only person who does though...and I find THAT wierd. She'll call and ask what I'm doing. I'll say 'Drawing' and she'll do that..."Ooo...kkkkk... Whatever' bit every single time. I've only known her for 7 years though. My doing that every time she calls can take some time getting used to. xp

Sorry to hear about your parakeet! I used to be a bird breeder. Birds are uber cool! 3nodding

QA >> I never let my kids out of my sight. If they do look, they know better than to touch or open anything too. I think that's irresponsible and rude of parents to allow that. They're likely those same parents that open bags of socks for whatever strange reason. I hate going to the sock department for that reason. Almost every bag has been opened. Why? gonk When you 'talk' to the kids, do you puff up? They hate that when you puff up. It scares 'em. xd And those parents SHOULD be embarrassed. stare

I like your story ideas. I haven't created any characters or stories to go with them...yet... It does sound like fun though. 3nodding Some day...when I finish one of these many projects and not start any new ones. xd

On a similar note; I really had fun reading the "Crosshairs" thread. Wish they would continue. They were awesome and hilarious!! xd

Memai >> That is hilarious! We can only hope that they will go home and become plagued by entrail-skipping nightmares for an eternity. Did they happen to leave that particular piece they'd been reading behind? xd

And you changed your look too. No one stays the same in this guild for long. rofl Must be an artist thing. It freaks people out sometimes when I say I bore easily. It's not ADD after all... It's art, baby! xd  

Wanderlings Muse

Memai-kins

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:49 am
Yeah, they left it behind, but just to be safe, I brought it home >w<;; Who knows WHAT they might do when they're free of the death-glare *-* Hur, 'sides, that chibi was too kickass anyway xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:57 am
Sj - Apparently giving more lousy storyline is more important than, say, guild features... (Have you seen the new Ian trial thing?)

Koji - I know, I know. It shouldn't be "remember when." It should be "so in IC last week..." sweatdrop

I'm sorry to hear about your parakeet. sad

Memai - We are not the monsters, damn it! xd ! heart !

*sigged!* xd

Muse - This is the way I'm supposed to look. xd  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Wanderlings Muse

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:17 am
Memai >> Yes... Take it home for sure! eek Art is your brain child. Stealing it would be like kidnapping. Death to all artnappers! scream

AD >> Oh... eek I was sick that day... xd And this is NOT how my avi is supposed to look. Valentine's is coming and I'm feeling skanky. Bahahaha! xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:56 am
So. Food poisoning =/= awesome. I severely dislike having stomach trouble for 3 days.

Koji: Sorry to hear about your parakeet. I always wanted a bird, but my mom wouldn't let me get one cuz of the cats. Now I have a python, so...yeah.

Memai: Hoshit, new art party theme: GASOC olympics! xd Heeheehee.

Muse: Thanks, Songjewel is the name of one of my RP characters. She started out as a persona for the Mercedes Lackey fanclub, Queen's Own. Then I came to Gaia and developed her for mainstream RP here.

As for ADD...me too. I have short-release Ritalyn around in case I ever feel I need it, but for the most part I don't take anything for it. It helps me multitask, so why dampen it? ^^

AD: I saw it, but haven't bothered to read it yet. And there IS a pretty high demand for storyline...I'll bet they're leading up to some V-day thing. Bleah. confused It is pretty retarded that they can't fix the simple little things. For instance, HOW long has that
bug been around? I think it's over 5 months. If I want to edit a post with the code tag in it, it gets to be a bit of a pain in the a**. I'm sure they could fix that easily, since it wasn't happening before. Development is nice, but all they're doing is giving us more useless games without fixing the old problems.

Songjewel

QAtheTenkou

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:59 am
Chibikins - Yeah, pretty much. Which annoys me, as I have fun drawings some things. Like hands. I used to be HORRIBLE with hands. Now they're fun. Although my biggest problem always was hips. I'm much better at them now, but certain angles I'm at a complete loss on how they should be. Feet and the female chest would be the next issues, but I'm learning.

If people tried to analyze me by my characters, they'd probably just dub me as psychotic and let it be. o_o;; They're all too different, even characters based after me. I have several where I just take a single personality trait of mine, graff it onto them, and work from there.

Honestly, most characters start with one basic trait, and I let them write themselves as I go. I know that seems odd, but oftentimes these characters surprise me. In a way, they're real in my head.

Of course, so long as I remembered they were all JUST in my head, I figured that was fine. But then I saw one walking around in a store. I figured I was just hallucinating because I was burning a high fever (I was sent home from work, and stopped to get some medicine). Left it as a hallucination and ignored the guy smiling away like the character does...but my dad saw him too and asked if I knew him, considering how creepy he was being. Then he pulled a movie-like stunt...van passed in front of him and he disappeared. Both of us were quite weirded out.

Sometimes characters are created for a story, and sometimes stories are created for a character. And sometimes a story will be trashed, but I liked the character too much, and will switch them to another. "World of Ennead" sucked up a LOT of unused charries and sub-plots. And thus the problem. And I had to go and fuse them with the main plots so that now they're important. ><;;

Wendy - Thankfully, I don't work in softlines. (With all the clothes) or anywhere near it. It's on the complete opposite side of the store.

Though I did have this one woman come aaaall the way over to hold up this little girl's dress, "This has a six on it. Does that mean it's for a six-year-old?"

My brain hurt for days on that one.

Do I puff up? xd A little, but I don't need to beyond that. I'm only 5'5", but that's still taller than most kids.

Finishing a project...I think I've only ever finished one art-related project. sweatdrop I got pretty far in with a fanmanga I was doing, but the sites that it was posted on went down. With no letters pestering me to continue...I slowly lost interest. Plus, at the time, I'd moved out for several months and had no scanner, and no internet access. I'm sure when I did post, and it was the massive bunches, the readers loved it...the readers that were left. One of the sites came back, but by then I was pretty much tired out of it, and she never linked the site I'd made on my own.

Valentine's, huh? Hn. Maybe later, because if I change now, I'll change it before V-day.  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games