Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official J-Rock Guild
Favorite Japanese band Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sai-kun

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:17 am
As of now, I'm digging:

Stance Punks, The Back Horn, D, Plastic Tree, Kagrra,, X Japan, Mucc, Aushvitz, Girugamesh (is it wrong that I want something new by them already...tired of the album already -_-)

I just picked up a bunch of cds over the weekend, Boowy, BUG, Unicorn, Kuroyume, and a random old Baiser cd for a dollar because I'm a weirdo like that ^_^; It's gonna suck, but just having it amuses me.
Very excited, unfortunatly, hardly any time to sit down and listen properly...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:09 am
Aw ******** forgot a few....

Husking Bee, Monaural Curve, Girugamesh, Nananine, Shocking Lemon, Grapevine, Straightener, and exist†trace...

I think that's it...
For now anyway.

I'm still trying to find new half decent VK bands.
I've found only a few.

;___;

Anya Mori

Wheezing Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Edward 100
  • Survivor 150

Sai-kun

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:10 am
Aural Pollution

Husking Bee, Monaural Curve, Girugamesh, Nananine, Shocking Lemon, Grapevine, Straightener, and exist†trace...

I think that's it...
For now anyway.

I've found only a few.

;___;

Heheh, whats the general sound you're looking for? Maybe we can find a gem among the trash...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:07 pm
Aural Pollution

I think that's it...
For now anyway.

I've found only a few.

;___;
There's always good old Cali Gari. heart Though...their vk standing is debatable, as they made fun of it at every turn. I mean come on. Jazz bass in a rock band always gives me a big rubbery one. <3 Especially when the designated fem-tranny of the band rarely shaves off his mustache while trannying out.

But my opinion is that you're looking for a needle in a quasar.  

Kaidan
Captain

Ruthless Informer

fullmeatgirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:04 pm
to many  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:37 pm
domokun Favourite?...dam theres too many to choose from...a few are Kagrra, (since they started my intrest in J-Rock), Antic Cafe, Dir en Grey, Gazette, 12012...they are few but my whole list is on my profile...or in my journal... domokun  

Mizutina

Deathly Kitty

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100

Flai Black

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:42 pm
Dude. Favorites? There are so many. >.<

I like Ayabi, An Cafe, Gazette, Girugamesh, lolita23q, and Abingdon Boy's School...I also like Kagrra...

Once again, there are alot that I could list...But I won't.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:06 am
So um.

Some more found their way on my list.

Like Gargoyle.

And GELUGUGU.

And Ningen Isu.  

MadTiger
Vice Captain

Sai-kun

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:25 am
MadTiger
So um.

Some more found their way on my list.

Like Gargoyle.

And GELUGUGU.

And Ningen Isu.

I've always meant to try Gargoyle...maybe i'll dig the $1 and $3 bins next time I'm in the city to see if I can dig em up...I'm not sure if they'd be available on BT...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:57 am
Sai-kun
I've always meant to try Gargoyle...maybe i'll dig the $1 and $3 bins next time I'm in the city to see if I can dig em up...I'm not sure if they'd be available on BT...

What store/city? I'm guessing not NY 'cause our BookOff doesn't have "bins"... West coast?

I have some links to streaming clips of their shows... and you can definitely find some on Slsk. Unless you're in Japan AND you know where to go, you'll probably have trouble picking up Gargoyle CDs. I went to this big HMV in the very center of Nagoya and all they had were 2 mini-albums. oAo;  

MadTiger
Vice Captain

Sai-kun

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:17 pm
MadTiger
Sai-kun

What store/city? I'm guessing not NY 'cause our BookOff doesn't have "bins"... West coast?

I have some links to streaming clips of their shows... and you can definitely find some on Slsk. Unless you're in Japan AND you know where to go, you'll probably have trouble picking up Gargoyle CDs. I went to this big HMV in the very center of Nagoya and all they had were 2 mini-albums. oAo;

Ahhh I can't use slsk, my computer hates it for some reason...
I actually do go to NYC...and do go to book off a lot XD No...they aren't bins, but working in a record store with bins for so long skews the mind...we've got a couple of small vintage record stores around here that sometimes pop up something very surprising, though...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:03 pm
Ooh so you're nearby? Cool!

Ahaha, well, I've never seen anything resembling a Gargoyle CD there. (If I did, it would be mine lol.)

If by some chance, they do have it, it'll be expensive. I once found a Ningen Isu CD there, and it was almost full price @A@ I also got some King Show CDs for about $23 each.

I know you can find some crazy deals in the $3/$1 sections, but at the same time, those bands can be cheap in Japan too. Gargoyle is one of the ones that deeeefinitey aren't @A@;

I think you're stuck unless you're willing to dish out full price for an album. (Or bug me for stuff ninja )  

MadTiger
Vice Captain

Sai-kun

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:18 pm
MadTiger
Ooh so you're nearby? Cool!

Ahaha, well, I've never seen anything resembling a Gargoyle CD there. (If I did, it would be mine lol.)

If by some chance, they do have it, it'll be expensive. I once found a Ningen Isu CD there, and it was almost full price @A@ I also got some King Show CDs for about $23 each.

I know you can find some crazy deals in the $3/$1 sections, but at the same time, those bands can be cheap in Japan too. Gargoyle is one of the ones that deeeefinitey aren't @A@;

I think you're stuck unless you're willing to dish out full price for an album. (Or bug me for stuff ninja )

Im surprised with what you can dig up in the $1/$3 sections in Book Off...there's some really decent stuff in there...
I sometimes do shell out near full prices for stuff there though, if its worth it >_< Somehow they make it easier by validating you with their little smiley face stamp...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:37 pm
Oh yeah, I know exactly what you mean.
There's a certain band whose (older) CDs I wasn't able to find in Japan, so I resorted to ordering (full price) from Amazon. I go to BookOff one day, and it's there. For $3.

.......................................... gonk

Man I used to be that store's biggest fan once upon a time. Well, I still kinda am, but I don't go that often anymore.  

MadTiger
Vice Captain

8bit Girls Bravo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:08 am
I think I posted here before.
Probably. But I don't feel like looking.

Anyway, latest band that has crept into my heart and home like the balcony rapist:
NINGEN ******** ISU  
The Official J-Rock Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces