Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:47 am
Memai - Ugh. xp That's terrible. The internet practically begs for art and story theft, but it seems to surprise us anyway when it happens. She really should have some respect for you and your friend (and herself!) and work from her own ideas instead of others'. Keep us posted on everything that happens.

Koji - xd I can't even properly imagine the type of trouble you and I could get into.

I don't think it's been released yet. The four series that I'm following (Ouran HSHC, Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, NANA and Tsubasa Chronicle) have had really lazy subbing teams this year. It makes me sad.

btw - I use http://www.animesuki.com/ to track them. heart piracy heart

axel - Ahhhuuuhhm. A Compaq laptop, huh? Can't say I've heard too many good things about those. o.O Poor lifespan and such. (Then again, some people said the same thing about my Dell XPS M140, and she's still my perfect little baby. heart ) Hopefully, you got a good one, too. 3nodding

QA - Holy fsk. That IS a huge tablet. I wasn't aware that there even WAS a company called AIPTEK that made tablets. Hm. Interesting.

Maybe it's time to start upgrading teh compy? I'm a RAM fiend, myself.

Deuxia - heart ! Art contest? Sweet. It's good to see you again, too. Be sure to stop by more often!!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:39 am
QA~ Ewww, old emo men. xD Just give him a dinosaur and some happy face stickers.

I've been on a low, myself. gonk There isn't a surplus, hardly enough to keep me entertained. Oh, but wait till I go to Hawaii. I'm sure there'll be enough to go around. xd
...reading all that makes me sound like a little tramp. Oh dear. xd ;;;

Deuxi~ !!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, don;t even bother reading. Just hop on board again. xD heart

AD~ I can. xDD;

"Hey. I got the munchies, lets go to the 7-11. D:"
"Do we have to? Again?"
"LOOK. TRACTORS."
"Stay off those! They're filthy."
"...the key's in the ignition."
"Gimme that."

Man, they barely released ep 18. D: And Ouran is great. xDD I'd just started watching it with a friend.

EDIT: --
RREDIT: Nv,. x__x;;;  

Chibi Koji

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:07 pm
Koji - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni 19 is out. Or, as I like to call it, "Girls with Tasers!!!"

I wish I could be insulted by the tractor comment, but some idiots at the end of my street put their red, old-school, four-foot tall tractor up for sale. I don't even know where they were HIDING that thing. o.O

As I told Nyome before, my friend is convinced that Tamaki is Draco Malfoy, complete with sparkles. It STILL cracks me up.

EDIT: Great. Now when visiting Gaia, I feel like a Hot Topic Wannabe *****. Stupid banner.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:22 am
I'm back from a week long trip to Northern China! (Lanzhou to be specific) It was a pretty fun time, climbed a small mountain, went to one of the parks, walked along the Yangzhi river, got some movies ... got a sunburn. whee

The trip is torture though ... thirty six hours on a train to get there and thirty six hours to get back. @___________________________@

Anyways, trying to catch up on last messages to me ...

Concerning Dog - No, I have not eaten dog yet. xd I know how to order it! You ask for "gou rou" and then see if they run to the street to catch a stray ...

>.>

Ok, so that's a lie. xd
I have no idea if they care what kind of dog AD. @.@

AD (on job) - It was a matter of having all the chips fall into place as far as the job is concerned. It's nice when you get to know your future boss during the last semester of college and have him ask you if you want to teach abroad. (he just happened to be visiting the college for one semester - my last)

Finally sat down and watched FF:AC ... very impressive visuals and some wicked fights. (Tifa's fight = heart ) I wanted to see less Cloud and more of the other characters though. neutral

Sephiroth was awesome, so kuddo points for that ... Vincent's (japanese) VA was EXCELLENT, as was Cid's.

T H I N N

Xalome

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:38 am

The new banner hurts my insides.

They're both glaring at me.

; ;

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:56 am
Deuxia - Can I call you "Double D", like on Darkwing Duck? xd heart

Don't bother catching up, like Koji said. Dive right in! Welcome back and how's it been? surprised

Laitue - Nifty! What else is on the necklace. Stories! whee

I was never a big fan of dolphins, I just couldn't see how they were cute. I did like sharks, too, and considering how the chain works in the sea...

What really made me not like dolphins was during my junior year of high school. In my Social Studies class (I forget what it was actually called), we had a study day because we were done early. The teacher knew this and wanted to bring something in to keep us entertained. Her neighboor also knew this and left a video tape on her back porch for us, and she brought it in.

It was a video about dolphins, Discovery channel thing. It showed how dolphins are NOT the nice, cute things everyone thinks of. It showed them relentlessly hunting their food, attacking it in groups. Even playing with things they're not going to eat until they kill it, and leave it lying around.

They're also the only other creatures that have sex merely for pleasure. They showed a whole group of young male dolphins ganging up and raping a female dolphin. That was very, very disturbing. gonk

Yume - I'm only compensating for other things. xd

I would upgrade, but it's a lost cause. This thing is slowly going, and really just needs to be gutted and given all new parts. Originally, I was going to buy all the stuff to build my own comp. I MAY still do that, but I'm terribly tempted to just buy myself a good laptop and add to as need be.

Koji - GASP, you little man-tramp. xd

TRACTOR TIPPING!  

QAtheTenkou

Xalome

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:00 am
QA: gonk Dolphin rape? That's mentally traumatizing.

; ;

Though dolphins can kill sharks. Which is rather nifty and vaguely scary. XD

And on the necklace there's the seashell that I found in the Bahamas, a loonie with a hole punched in it that someone gave me as a tip at work and this really nifty old fashioned key that I found on my front lawn. All washed naturally. razz There was a cute little heart-shaped mood ring on it too but somehow it fell off O.o Slippery bugger.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:38 pm
GWEE THE DRAGON?! That's IT. I quit Gaia. Over. DONE.

(not really)

P.S. ...dolphin rape...? My brain writhes.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

DarkishStar

Noob

6,775 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:38 pm
Economy hw sucks. So does Statistics.
The book is so slow going.. that I read it more than go online. And.. so much.. hw to catch up on.. gah. crying I wish I could pop in here more.
That and college search.

Just why is the college application process so damn complicated?! gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:11 pm
Sheesh, the prices on these things are crazy right now. *glad she bought before the release*

And Gwee is such a dumb name but it's so cute~

Xalome

Nyome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:28 am
Just catching up on the last page or so... XD

@AD--- Ouu, I heard kind of the opposite. Dells = stay away, HPs= best deal. Well the laptop I got is pretty good so far. It has pretty nice specs for the deal I got on it, and unlike my friend's Vaio that died in 3 days, it's been pretty sturdy.

O_O!!! You've never heard of Aiptek!? How can this be?

Well, I guess I'm just a tablet freak then. But Aiptek is the leading "competitor" with Wacom, though I really think the difference in quality is quite clear. There's a reason almost everyone is recommended to get a Wacom, after all. Aipteks are kind of risky in that they give you a big tablet for a very low price. But then they're not what you call the most reliable of tablets, and most of the owners that I've seen eventually have to replace their tablets because they broke or they just didn't work very well. However, I have heard of two or three people who have had Aipteks for awhile and said they work fine. Personally I'd rather shell out the extra cash and have a reliable product, but to each his own.

... speaking of which, did I mention that I got a new tablet? * w* Wacom Intuos 3, 6 x 8. I'm in love.

It's so pretty that I just had to take a picture of it. whee

By the by, Lunar's having a slow time subbing Ouran because their translator's moving or something. The fast subbers I use right now is FRoP, who just released 18 and 19. You can find them here. : ) They're not as accurate, but I'm mainly looking to get the gist of an episode, so I don't mind.

@Ashram--- Pshh, climing a SMALL mountain in China is nothing! Little kids do that everyday after school. >D

Nahh, I'm just teasing. ^ ^
But I'm so sick of mountains. I went back to China four years in a row and I must've gone up a mountain or three every week. After the initial "Wow, I touched clouds!" wears off, it's really boring after awhile.

About dog:

I was tricked into eating a bite.And donkey and lamb too. My parents love to lie to me. u_u;

Everything tastes like beef to me though. *shrug*

I don't think they care what kind of dog, as long as it's had plenty of exercise. I /do/ remember hearing about dog farms though, where they raise dogs specifically to be eaten.

By the by, how long are you planning on staying in China? I'm afraid I'm too tired/stupid to remember at this point, if you've mentioned it before. XD But my family and I and a few of my friends are definately going back to Beijing for the 2008 Olympics. :3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:24 am
Darkish - Because they try to discourage people. xp College sucks.

Nyome - Huh. I'm not sure who you heard that from, because every PC magazine I've read puts Compaq dead last. Of course, even though HP and Compaq are owned by the same company, their HP line and their Compaq line are totally different quality. HP = ok, Compaq = evil. As far as Dell goes, it's 50/50. I've heard horror stories, but those are usually from people who get DOAs or simply don't know how to use computers. xd All I know is that I've had a Dell desktop for about 3 years now and it's still perfect and I've had my laptop since February and it's perfect, too. heart (By "perfect" I mean that any problems are Windows-based, not system-based.)

I own a Wacom. Aiptek never came into the picture. xd I can understand the difference in price if the difference in quality is that severe.

OoooOooooh! That is gorgeous! o.O heart I'm jealous!

I hate switching subbing teams halfway through a series. stressed Plus, I like accuracy. I might just wait until Lunar works itself out. I like FRoP as a forum, but I'm not going to switch subbers. *loyal*  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

DarkishStar

Noob

6,775 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:46 am
Laitue: Yeah, they're adorable. But Gwaaa woulda suited better I think. XD Yeah, I hate how the donation items go nuts right after the release.. like people think they can't get them again or some reason. =_=; Calms down after a few days.. usually though. Though, releasing them this time of the month.. seems to have driven the price of sealeds more.

Nyo: So far HPs have been pretty nice to me. O_O; I can't say the same for the scanners though, those suck. I'm trying to find a good cheaper scanner.. but so far I hear the best is a microtek.. and those can fetch a pretty hefty price. Dx I really like my current laptop, it's a Toshiba. x3 It's really fast too and I bought it quite a while ago.. yet it seems to outspeed some of the newer ones. O_o

I've heard of Aiptek. But never tried it. I always stuck for the one people said were better.
And you have an intuos 6x8 now? Lucky.. ;-; it looks so gorgeous.. I'm stuck with my three year old Graphire 4x5 still.. though I think I should replace it soon. The stylus is worn down and my tablet surface is all scratched up from the abuse. XD And the pressure sensitivity tends to die too for some reason. sweatdrop

AD: I've heard that before. Dx And my dad says it's the best experience of your life. Hmph. Something tells me my dad was trying to brainwash me. Is it really that hard to get a decent job if you don't go to a prestigious college? Sounds a bit fishy to me, but that's what my dad said. I think he cares more for the fame than anything. Sucky asian parents. *grumble grumble*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:43 pm
@AD--- Umm, just overall I guess. Like how everyone just kind of has a feel for which companies are good for what. And mine's an HP Pavillion.This one, in fact.

> <; From what I saw, it looked pretty good? *shrug* And I actually got it for under $900 after rebates.

Ah, really? I've heard more horror stories about dells and vaios than any other brand. XD When I went laptop shopping I didn't know a thing though,but in the end my last two decisions were Toshiba and my HP. I just went with the HP because the specs were better and it was /so/ much cheaper. I hope I made the right decision. @ @;

It sucks that they don't give you microsoft office stuff though. Only a trial. which means I either have to buy it, crack it, or get some other program. Dx

If you can help it, DON'T get an aiptek. No offense to QA, but I just have no love for them. XD Most of the time people think it's something wrong with their computers, when it's actually just the tablet's fault. In more than one case, I've heard of people /taping/ their tablets back together after it broke in half. I slammed my wacom tablet into a bookcase, and it's still as sturdy as ever. :3

Hehe, thank you! ^ ^ I named it "Lilo" and my best friend, whom I pressured to get her own Intuos a day after I received mine, named hers "Stitch". My idea, because we're dorks. :'D

Intuos = uber expensive though. Mine's only a few inches bigger than my old graphire, and it cost about $200 more. @ @; Totally worth it.

Hmm, that's true. I'm not that picky about which group I follow, though the inaccuracy confuses me a bit. I just want my Ouran fast, and they deliver. XD I guess for animes I'm not that avid about, I wouldn't bother switching groups midway either.

@Darkish---- About the college thing... college apps were probably one of the most stressful things I've ever had to do. =_=; maybe because I procrastinated so much.

And speaking from experience, asian parents tend to overexaggerate on these "REST OF YOUR LIFE" things. Sure, they're important, but I've heard from teachers and professionals that they look at your grad school more than your actual college a lot of the times. Parents in general tend to drive it into your head that if you fail one step that you'll be screwed for the rest of your life, and while that holds a bit of truth, don't be so paranoid about it that you completely break down later. XD It's not as bad as it seems, and I'm sure you'll get a good education anywhere you decide to go.

Oh yeah, that's the thing. People I talked to agreed that HP scanners are utter crap ( I went through 5 of them before I got my tablet. =_=; ) and Sony electronics are good. But when it comes to laptops, everything turns upside down. Every Sony Vaio owner I know has had trouble with theirs, and HP seems to be a really good brand for laptops actually. It just goes to show that companies really do have their strengths and weaknesses.

As for scanners... well I've been using this HP for the past year or so, and it hasn't broken down. My longest record so far! It's umm.. an HP psc 2410 photosmart all-in-one. I didn't do much research when I got it, but the reviews seem to be pretty good. It's a bit pricey, but I think it's worth it.

Egh, I wouldn't bother trying an Aiptek. I'm a solid Wacom girl myself. : ]

Yeah, I love it! ^ ^ I always thought Intuos were kind of ugly on the website, but for the professionality I understood why they made it like that. But when I took it out of the box, I was stunned at how gorgeous it was.

Well I've had my Graphire 4 x 5 for about two years now, and it's been good to me. I'm taking it with me to college actually, and leaving my Intuos at home. In some ways, I still prefer my graphire because I'm not afraid to scratch the surface anymore and I've gotten used to the pressure sensitivity on it. I use my tablet a LOT, almost every day, and while it's not in mint condition it's still decent. If yours is as beaten up as it sounds though, a replacement might be a good idea. XD

Nyome

Xalome

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:08 am
Whee.

So as of yesterday I've been on Gaia for three years.

Shazam.

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games