Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Forums of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Tags: general, discussion, chat, hangout, intelligent 

Reply The United Forums of Gaia
The Venting Junkyard Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:22 pm
Hey Pasta
WE DON'T NEED A WAL-MART HERE! There's one ten minutes south, one 25 minutes north, and another one being built only ten minutes north! There is NO NEED to have FOUR of those stupid freaking stores within a 40-minute drive! AGH!
QFE!  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 11:43 am
Ugh. ******** it all. This upsets me enough to make me want to cry. I'm so ashamed of the generation before us right now.  

Waltz for Luma
Crew

Aeolusis
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:02 pm
What happened? Want to talk about it Aivi? And the generation below us isn't all it's cracked up to be either.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:26 pm
At least the generation below us will grow up more understanding of people who are different than them - much more than us, our parents and grandparents. Or maybe it's just like that around here.

How many young Californians do you know are happy that the gay marriage ban will be upheld as of today?

..."Generation below" is a funny thought considering most of us 20-something-year-olds have barely begun to experience life ourselves.  

Waltz for Luma
Crew

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:32 pm
I got to a savepoint - and I got a damned 20-sided die.

I got an endgame - and I got a Lila.

I wish I'd known you could sell the savepoints. I probably still would have been tempted to open the endgame. -.-

Edit: SDPLUS BLIND BOX! *runs off to sell it*  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:23 pm
Lady Pyre
I got to a savepoint - and I got a damned 20-sided die.

I got an endgame - and I got a Lila.

I wish I'd known you could sell the savepoints. I probably still would have been tempted to open the endgame. -.-

Edit: SDPLUS BLIND BOX! *runs off to sell it*
I need that machine gun.

I am Heavy Weapons Guy. And THAT is my weapon.

Sorcette

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:41 pm
*sigh* I knew I should have bought Kuro's Induction when I saw it for 190k. It would have broken my bank, but now... it's nearly half a mil. ._.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:01 pm
I can't afford ANY of the items I want now *sobs* Just need to hold out another two weeks, then I can do commissions... crying  

Soranoko
Crew

Aeolusis
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:52 pm
Waltz for Luma
At least the generation below us will grow up more understanding of people who are different than them - much more than us, our parents and grandparents. Or maybe it's just like that around here.

How many young Californians do you know are happy that the gay marriage ban will be upheld as of today?

..."Generation below" is a funny thought considering most of us 20-something-year-olds have barely begun to experience life ourselves.

Maybe, or at least the percentage will be better for being more accepting, but most kids these days that I've seen are disrespectful, spoiled rotten assholes.

So the supreme court upheld the gay marriage ban? That's a shame. sad

I can count three that have voiced their opinion about it without making any assumptions. Two out of my ASL student club, and my best friend.

It is a funny thought, but we do already have a generation below us even though we are 20-somethings. emo  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:28 pm
I beat the damned game three times, and what did I get?

- Lila - yippee.
- SDPlus - nice, but going for less than endgame
- Pirate Ship - It's worth less than 20k!

scream  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:24 pm
You can't fault an entire generation on one social issue, Waltz. And not by merely 5 percentage points (right? 5? Something like that).

I agree with Ryo in that the generation below us doesn't seem all too great. But this is too harsh of me. I have no idea what the future will hold for them. Maybe they'll discover more cures. *shrug* *optimist*

Dumb Gaia RIF games...that's what they're called, right? RIFs? I dunno.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:04 pm
Aeolusis
Maybe, or at least the percentage will be better for being more accepting, but most kids these days that I've seen are disrespectful, spoiled rotten assholes.

That's our generation's fault for raising them that way, don't you think?

@Sevi - Of course not; it's not that "people over 40 automatically think like this!" but I do believe it's largely a generational difference, resulting from our perception and values due to what we've all grown up around.

I logged onto my Facebook news feed today and witnessed a massive tidal wave of "damn it, California"s. When I posted on the UFG about gay marriage, not one person disagreed that prop 8 was wrong. I think it's safe to assume that more young people are more for gay marriage than older people...

Googled some stuff for you guys:

RedOrbit.com
SAN FRANCISCO - The growing acceptance of same-sex marriage in California reflects generational differences more than changes in individual attitudes, according to a study released Thursday.

Two political scientists who analyzed two decades worth of Field Polls on the subject found that age was the strongest factor influencing whether someone opposed gay unions, with people born in the 1970s and '80s more than twice as likely to support them as those born before 1940.

"Californians born in each decade tend to be more accepting of gay relationships and more willing to grant them legal recognition than those born the decade before," said the study's authors, Gregory Lewis of Georgia State University and Charles Gossett of California State Polytechnic University, Pomona...

...The researchers said their "generational replacement" theory also may explain why California tends to be more tolerant of same-sex couples than other states: It has a comparatively young population. The state ranks sixth in the nation in the percentage of residents under 18.

Also, some interesting studies about what kind of people are accepting of homosexuality: http://pewforum.org/docs/?DocID=39  

Waltz for Luma
Crew

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:53 pm
Sevi Rais

No. RIGs. Because they're rigged. gonk

Edit: After I got an Onyx Bolster sword at endgame, I decided I was never going to get anything decent and sold my next one. Plus the sword, which will continue to drop, a save point game, and a 20-sided di somebody actually wanted.

So at least I did make about 200k after some dumb mistakes. And the prices of last month's random items are plummeting. I just bought a Peravian Set for 108k-ish and a Spirit of Scotland for 49k. So yay.

*waits for doll prices to drop*  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:55 am
Lady Pyre
Sevi Rais

No. RIGs. Because they're rigged. gonk

Edit: After I got an Onyx Bolster sword at endgame, I decided I was never going to get anything decent and sold my next one. Plus the sword, which will continue to drop, a save point game, and a 20-sided di somebody actually wanted.

So at least I did make about 200k after some dumb mistakes. And the prices of last month's random items are plummeting. I just bought a Peravian Set for 108k-ish and a Spirit of Scotland for 49k. So yay.

*waits for doll prices to drop*
This is what you get for opening RIGs. The chances of making gold out of them are exceptionally small.  

Aldo

Vicious Warlord

Aeolusis
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:20 am
Waking up this morning and finding 6 pms in my inbox. Wondered why I was so popular, 6 different scams, botting, phishing, offsite advertising!! stressed
This is ******** ridiculous one was scary because it had code written to have a login window pop up with the pretense of stealing your password. mad  
The United Forums of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games