Welcome to Gaia! ::

Leviathan Stadium

Back to Guilds

A battle Stadium for literate roleplayers. 

Tags: Literate, Fighting, Battle, Arena, Levi 

Reply Eastern parts of Gaia
The Dead Forest (Increased Orc activity due to skirmish) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ayerie Valdis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:42 pm
In the now silent forest, a ghostly hooded figure silently walked amongst the dense ghostly trees moving like a wraith, leaving no trace of his passing. The only sound breaking the silence of the tranquil forest was the skittering of tiny feet. The sound belonged to a dog sized horned orange imp-like demon following closely behind his master. Gliding through the dense foliage, the figure stopped abrubtly upon reaching a small clearing within the harsh twisting trees. After approaching the clearing, the demon's face took on a look of recognition and looked quickly up to the first figure and spoke.

Ah it is here master Tognak told you he'd find it yes he did. Drawn to old magic Tognak is.

The figure raised a single pale white hand for silence, as the demon flinched upon even seeing movement from his master. The shadowy figure spoke in a soft melodious voice that carried itself through air like a thin sheet of silk floating in a breeze.

Now find out exactly where it is... that's why I summoned you isn't it? Or have I no more use for you?

Obviously frightened, the demon hastily yet clumsily skittered forth into the clearing leaping about this way and that making a total fool of himself. After about five minutes of searching, Tognak let out a loud shriek slightly reminiscent of a panicked teenage girl. Hurriedly Tognak scampered back to his master with an obvious look of fear upon his face.

Tognak found it he did follow Tognak but Tognak not go too close bad magic happen here.

Stepping forth from the cover of the trees, the figure flinched under the bright light of the afternoon sun as he pulled up his dark hood to shield his pale white skin from the scorching rays of light. From underneath the cover of the hood, a pair of bright piercing violet eyes scanned the tranquility of the peaceful clearing for any sign of movement. Satisfied that no threats were present, he gracefully crossed the clearing, following his minion, each of his footfalls counting for three of Tognak's. The demon came to a quick panicked halt as they reached the center of the clearing and pointed a wretched bony finger toward a symbol scorched into the forest floor. Several humanoid bodies of an unknown black substance layed scattered around the immediate area surrounding the symbol, indicating the aftermath of a battle that had been over for some time. The symbol itself remotely resembled a large red eye scorched into the forest floor by some unknown power.

Here master you see you see?

Very good Tognak, you have been useful indeed.

The figure put one hand behind his back. Slowly buiding power, a ball of dark purple energy began to fill his hand. Expanding further, more energy of lighter purple tones formed around the darker core and whisps of shimmering light began to dance around the formed energy.

But... that usefulness is at its end.

The figure pulled his hand back out and pointed it palm first at the now shivering demon.

But you said you'd set Tognak free

Oh... and I shall... I shall.

The figure smiled an ivory fanged grin as he released the netherlight energy upon the helpless demon, shattering the silence of the forest with loud sizzling crack as Tagnok was blasted back to whatever pit he came from.

Silence returned to the forest, for now free of his annoyance, the figure began to study the rune with utmost care...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:56 pm
D' almost whined, though it would've been playful. However, such a relaxed remark may diminish the meaning and mood in Maximos's words. Still, she spoke in defense of her lovely aero-plane.

"Please... stop calling the Terrato a 'Deathtrap.' I ensure you that Blazestar isn't a slacker in its goods, and it should mean something when the president's riding on it, right?"

She didn't mind not being on the front lines. Military service told her that she appreciated, but didn't like, being cannon fodder. The role she'd thrown herself into was support, and it was such a comfortable position.

"War..."

But maybe, just this once, she could do something to help this gathering of troops more directly in the future. Of course, to decide on that, she would need more information.

"He told me about something going on," she said while motioning her head to Lazenca, "but I didn't get a lot of detail past some obscure reference to a show. Dragons of Heaven and Earth, that's what you called them?"

Unchecked Twitch

Fashionable Fatcat

9,725 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • PvP 200
  • Survivor 150

Uberwulf X
Crew

O.G. Werewolf

11,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:08 pm
"It's... yeah. Don't... worry about that... I was kinda kidding..."

Though... if someone else out there got the reference, they'd decide that it kinda made sense. It made a lot of sense.

"Someone, we'll call him Victor, wants to reset the world, eliminating evil or something. We, we'll call ourselves by our proper names unless you have a nickname you like better-- Twitch-- like things the way they are. Our small 'trivial' fights between evil actually matter, since they hold a balance.

"Using extreme 'evil' to create extreme 'good' removes checks and balances. If you're on this plane, then you're check and balance. You enjoy deciding for yourself how you'll live. I don't pretend to be a paladin, but I'm smart enough to know that using a thousand-something people's lives or consciousness or something to do all this stupid stuff to bring a island in the sky down far enough where we can throw rocks at it... and ripping certain gods' essences from certain other people who contained them pretty well... is bad for us.

"I don't care what life you lead. Pasts checkered and crystal clean, we want the freedom to exist as we so choose."

Lazenca looked around, then shifted Feral and curled up on the floor.

"That's probably what I'd say if I was like Maximos. Some or all of that is probably true, you can ask Victor which parts I made up when we get to him. I'm just here because GUARDIAN promised to pay me by the hour, in food."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:49 am
The white cat sprawled across Maximos's shoulders, her fluffy tail twitching and ears swiveling back and forth as she took it all in.

It sounded like they were going on a little trip...as long as they were not headed for Eden right away she had no problem with that, it was just too bad that she was not as lucky as Laz...being paid in food sounded great! xp

The little cat stuck her cold little nose right in Maxi's ear as she purred in reassurance, they would find Teirra as long as the shadow-ling wanted to be found...until then, he wasn't alone.  

HonoRaven

Wicked Healer

18,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100

The Proclaimer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:13 pm
Quinn nodded at Maximos, smiling gently to his words. "I agree completely. Well said."

He leaned back in his seat, not really feeling the belt was necessary. Returning his hand back to the falchion at his side, the fingers began once more tapping on the hilt. He listened intently on the all talking in the aircraft Glancing around, he continued going over everything in his head while using his freehand to grip the tiny bible. Quinn was anxious to get to wherever it was they were going.

[shoddy post. I'm in a hurry.]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:30 pm
Katie listened to Maximos, nodding her head in agreement. The man must be a speaker the way he gracefully swooped his arm as he spoke. While he spoke it took her mind completely off of the fact that they were in the air, until he had to go and call it a deathbox again. She would have groaned, except that D' spoke up and told Maximos not to call it that, which made her smile.

Now Laz was speaking. She was grabbing bits and pieces of what they were saying. She still wasn't exactly sure who they were going to fight, but she already knew it was war, and she would walk proudly out to fight if it meant helping the future of everyone she'd already met.

The helicopter was safely moving them. Surprisingly, she wasn't as worried about this flight as she had many others. She didn't have to worry about being shot out of the sky, which had also played a major factor in her fear of riding in one of these things.

With nothing much for her to say, she leaned back against her seat and just listened to the others speak. It was good for her to be all ears for now, except her thoughts lingered partly on Athan and Vahn, partially worried about where they had headed off to.  

Pocket Gal

Ayerie Valdis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:46 pm
After taking his time to study the symbol burned into the forest floor, the figure turned his attention to the unfamiliar bodies surrounding it. After studying the material that made up these creatures as well as their form in general, he put two and two together.

It appears that this symbol was used to pull these creatures from another plane… but for what purpose I wonder. And yet this energy seems to resemble that which animates my voidlinigs, but appears to be far more… ancient.

As the sun crept further behind the trees, the figure pulled down his hood revealing a face of otherworldly countenance. The figure bore flawless snow white skin, perfectly straight raven hair extending to just above his shoulders with a few strands present in front of his face, and deep peaceful disarming violet eyes shined like two perfect amethyst illuminated by the purest of light. The most noticeable features however, were the two black and purple bat wings extending from his head on either side, just above his ears.

As he continued to walk amongst the bodies, he noticed a small sword partially underneath one of them that seemed to be made of the same material as the wielder. As he rolled the dead body over, he smiled his ivory fanged smile as the blade he found was indeed intact and in perfect condition. Picking up the blade, he began to feel a hint of just how powerful this ancient magic was, and for the first time in a very long time, the figure felt a slight chill run down his spine. He began to focus his concentration upon the blade itself, and with a loud dusty poof, he held up a fist sized pudgy black bat that was once the sword and placed it within his cloak.

I’ll take a look at you later.

Surveying the grounds one last time for any sign of life, the figure disappeared into the forest the same way he had come, leaving no trace of his passing save for the overturned body. As he continued to walk, the figure allowed a single sentence to escape his mouth amidst the deep thoughts now coursing through his head.

This entire world stands upon the edge of a knife.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:04 pm
My apologies Twitch.

Maximos said with a shy grin, scratching the back of his head idly.

I didnt mean to offend your Terrato, thank you sincerely for its use. I'm afraid I am a prisoner to somewhat antique reasoning.

And he truly meant it. If she was a president, and presidents, were as Maximos was told like kings. Then she was busy, very busy, and to take from her time to manage this personally was an honor. One he was very appreciative of. And as he apologized, he bowed his head in a show of such.

Thank you.

He said to Quin, with a bright smile and a stout nod. And then Lazenca spoke, and Maximos listened. Lazenca knew more about what they were facing than Maximos did. Or so he believed. It was a shame he did not know more, the threat at hand, but he took from the were wolves cue to dispense what little he did know.

Thank you Lazenca, I suppose we do need know what we are against. I only know of a part of what threatens us. We are against a very old, and very dark being. One forgotten by time. At its disposal are creatures known as shades, lead by increasingly powerful creatures known as Shadelords. One such Shadelord being the executor of the destruction you each beheld in the stadium.

A hand rose to adjust his glasses, sliding them back up the bridge of his nose.

These beings fight beside demons of some sort, and their demon Master, a one Victor Fah. Brother to Vahn Fah. I do believe Lazenca understands and has explained Victors attack on our freedoms better than I.

The Shadow looked at the wolf and gave a smiling nod, in thanks. He hadnt the whole picture, and he hadnt all the resources necessary to make a dent in this conflict. But Lazenca had not only told them where to go, or where to land, but provided them this method of getting there. If he was truly only in this for food, the wolf certainly loved his chow. Maximos suspected there was more, and after his nod he said.

Thank you again. If food is what you desire, your welcome at my dinner table any time. Walter makes enough to feed an army.

A smirk. And then his head rose back up.

I digress. Together their forces are...many. And that, is where the tricky part lies.

Our enemy does not want domination, or destruction, death, or for evil to prevail.

Glasses, again. This time, he slipped them off, holding them up to the light pouring through the chopper window, and then wiping them on a small black handkerchief from his back pocket.

For the forgotten, their ultimate goal is absolute nothingness. Complete erasure of all that is. And in that nothing they intend to find absolute purity.

As he finished his sentence he slipped the glasses back on his face. Then took a deep breath and let it out. He was talking alot, something the Shadow, the figure in the background did not usually do. More so, the topic had gotten exceedingly gloomy, and ominous. He put a smile on his face, and hand on his stomach as he reached over to the tray of food stuffs and said.

Enough gloom. Would any one else like some?

Assuming the food was not on a table but a seat or even the ground, Maximos made a swirling circle motion in the air with his index finger, drawing a shadowy ring and loops inside which filled in with yet more black and finally hardened forming a plate. A plate, which he then loaded with a small mountain of cheese and sandwiches. Maximos wasnt nearly Katie's build, and only six foot three, but he could eat like a fiend. This would be little more than an appetizer. And after filling his plate, he'd reach in his vest pocket and add.

Anyone thirsty by chance? I've got tea, if any of you can provide a bit of water and some heat to boil it with.

...As he pulled a bright green teabag from his vest. Life Leaf Tea. Excellent stuff. Hopefully no one would notice what Maximos had failed to, that as he smiled that his teeth seemed sharper, more fang-like than moments ago, as hunger slipped in. It was something Rae might recognize from a few days previous, fangs hopefully being dismissible in the presence of two currently more feral companions.  

Maximos
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

The Proclaimer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:34 pm
This whole conversation was throwing his thought processes off. Quinn wasn't much for doom and gloom, however accustomed he was to it. While he had a strong mind for war, fighting, killing, and he knew much about the dark arts, even able to use some minor forms of magic (albeit not from memory or instinct like some non-human races could, but merely from books and practice), he never felt that it was truly his forte. In fact, although his talents lie in death, he still had talents of peace as well- hell, he had just acquired a job at a University as a history teacher. He and his cousin grew crops on an old farm. He had medical knowledge, extensive enough that it helped in creating his prosthetic and gave him the chemicals that he used before battle. Shooting guns and dancing with swords was a very small part of him.

Quinn wondered to himself if maybe the death of his child had prompted him to get into the helicopter. His and Tru's' child. Their little girl. Perhaps, in his older age, he yearned to be able to fight once again like he did so long ago. To be the capable, reliable warrior from years and wars past. Maybe he even sought to prove that were he given the chance, he could have saved his little girl- and before he and Tru, his other family, his first family, his other babies and other ex-wife. But that was a long time ago, another, real hand ago.

Realizing once more that he was lost in thought and silly justifications, he shook his head, blinked his eyes and looked up at Maximos as he mentioned food.

The old man ran his prosthetic through his hair and shook his head at the offer of food and drink. "I'm not really hungry right now, my new friend, but I appreciate the offer."

The reality of the matter was simple: all of this talk of death and undoing the world and freedom took to his stomach like an acid, eating an ulcer into him. He was starving, but not hungry; parched, but not thirsty. If he quite satiate himself, quench his body, it wouldn't be through food. With that thought, he suddenly realized just how hard his hand was gripping the bible as the leather binding snapped the front cover off. Glancing away from the group, he realized that through all his thought, his eyes were moist and cheeks wet, although in the darkness of the chopper it might not be so easy to see.

Deciding it best to sleep, hoping his dreams were brighter than his thoughts, he smiled once again to himself. Whispering, he spoke to himself, "ever the optimist, Quinn, old boy," before glancing towards Maximos.

"I just realized one small problem in my train of thought with this whole sleep thing: I don't even know what of attack you have, what kind of resources you might have, any of your logistics, data, etc. As a strategist and tactician, I'm not sure I could rest my eyes comfortably without hearing about that kind of thing, if you understand. While I think I get the gist of what we're up against now, I'd be curious to know what information we have.

Then again, I could have just interupted you when you were about to tell us, so..." Quinn snorted to himself, tilting his head.

[There we go. I'm still hurried but at least that's better quality.]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:28 pm
" ******** Hell...." Damion bobbed and weaved between trees as best as he could in bare feet, bouncing off of exposed roots and fallen logs. He'd lost sight of the Copter amongst the canopy of leaves, but figured if he kept going straight he might find it eventually, and hopefully before it left again.

Dry underbrush was forced into the wet, loamy piles of dead leaves everywhere, providing him some supports as he moved as fast as he could. For someone not used to such things, he wasn't doing half bad, but he had already been tired, and this just wasn't helping. Atleast the Noise of the Copter wasn't diminishing too fast.  

Eternal Dirge

Dapper Prophet

Ayerie Valdis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:21 am
As the figure continued to pass through the forest, he tilted his head upward ever so slightly as a strange noise carried upon the air gently touched his ears. Though he was still not fully used to the new technologies of the world, he recognized the sound as another one of the mortal’s attempts to further their laziness by causing some machine or another to do their work for them. He allowed a flash of humor to cross his thoughts as he realized he almost questioned his thoughts as hypocritical, seeing as how he used living breathing servants to do his work for him. This thought was banished quickly however, for he of course remembered that he was in fact so far above others, and if anyone had lived long enough to deserve a bit of laziness… it was him. His thoughts once again turned to the approach of this metal beast, but were once again interrupted by somewhat of a pull from the back of his mind. After a few precious moments, he recognized this slight tug.

Something’s… coming. Something… I remember… aboard the machine…

The thought of such a past… encounter with a being whose power reached even remotely near his own touched Anuksu deeper than he might have expected, considering the fact that few beings could hold such a boast. The air around him began to rapidly cool. Before long the trees around him began to feel the kiss of a layer of frost. The vegetation at his feet began to wither and die as the ice began to envelop the surrounding landscape. As he began to move forward once more, the icy chill in the air followed him, leaving a trail of frozen death in his wake. Never abandoning the grace of his slow, patient, purposeful stride, the figure pivoted slightly in his new course towards this new interruption to the peaceful silence. In his graceful stride, the fog seemed to wrap around him as he disappeared into the haunting atmosphere of the dead forest.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:50 pm
((I know its out of order, but I'll throw this just to advance things a bit. ))

His plate full, Maximos sat down in a darker corner of the Terrato. He was quiet, simply because he was steady at work making the small mountain of snack foods vanish. Quin spoke, and Maximos immediately looked up from his plate, his mismatched white and black eyes meeting the old mans from behind his sunglasses. His cheeks were a bit puffed in a squirrel-esque fashion, his eyes were some what wide. And the very first thing he did, was blink.

It was unfortunately clear that Maximos was not about to say a thing. Though he was moving to remedy that. With a single large gulp, he swallowed back the mouthful and wiped the crumbs off his face with his bandaged right arm.

Unfortunately Mr. Mathadius...

He slid his glasses back up the bridge of his nose.

There were more that left the stadium to fight on our side, but we havent a clue which of those survived, or where the survivors went, their status', injuries, or even what exactly they faced. More so, I'm sure we've gathered a few individuals such as your self, and Ms. Gostik who's abilities are as of yet unknown. Without that, we cannot even begin to calculate what forces or resources we have, or how to attack. As it is, what you've heard and what you've seen is...

A weak smile, trying to be comforting in a bad situation.

...All we have. Or at the very least all that I know of.

A quick look around the room for anyone willing to add anything. Then he set the plate down in his lap, sounding true apologetic, and leaned back in his seat.

Although...

He added, with a hint of hope.

...When we land, I should be able to provide with at least a head count for our survivors, and a location as to where we can locate them if...infact they've decided to regroup as we have. And show us what exactly transpired.

Maximos' gaze broke away from Quin, and to his lap, as he spoke in a sincerely apologetic tone.

I'm sorry I cant offer more to help you sleep.

At which point he lifted the tea bag he'd drawn from his pocket, and set on his lap and rose his glace back to meet Quins, sporting a smile.

Are you sure you wouldnt like some tea? I've always found it very relaxing.  

Maximos
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Pocket Gal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:39 am
Katie was at ease, shockingly. She seemed to be passed the fear of falling from the sky, but it could have been for the fact that she was slightly hungry. It wasn't a secret that she needed to consume a lot.

She took off the fastener and went over to the food to help herself to another plate. She surely wasn't going to let a chance to eat go by. This was her means of keeping her energy from getting quickly depleted, especially with what was in the horizon. There would probably be a lot of fighting very soon, which will take away time for her to eat food and stock her energy reserve.

The seven foot woman picked up some sandwiches and things, licking a finger that had mayo or something stuck to it as she went back to her seat.

She glanced up at Maximos as he mentioned not knowing her abilities. Between mouthfuls she spoke to him.

"I'm strong, and I know how to use a sword and whip."

That was about the extent of her abilities. It wasn't anything fascinating like fire or ice skills, and she honestly didn't think she'd need to go into more detail than that. It was pretty obvious with her build that she was very muscular, although with her muscles not tensed the bulk of them weren't as prominent.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:31 am
Quinn shook his head at the offer of tea. He really wasn't in the mood for any tea, and probably should just nod off. Yawning, he chuckled to himself. "No, thank you. I suppose my age has caught up to me. Just make sure to wake me when we land, although I suppose I'll do that on my own."

He watched Katie enjoy a sandwich, then turned. Reaching down, he applied pressure to the sides of his left wrist, then turned it. The machine-hand made a light hiss and then slid down on its own. Quinn pulled off the hand, watched the blue glow go away, and then waved the rising steam out of his face before closing his eyes. He continued to grab the hand by the wrist.

The Proclaimer

Uberwulf X
Crew

O.G. Werewolf

11,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:53 pm
Lazenca considered accepting tea, knowing its properties... but he seriously hadn't taken hard injuries, and he was licking his fingers clean of honey bun. For now, he'd be fine. It'd probably be best to save the tea for when it really mattered. He didn't know if it was as common as Earl Grey, or as rare as a Senzu Bean (with Maximos growing all that existed). He wasn't in the mind to see right now, either.

Moving back up to fours as the others spoke, Lazenca's tail swayed slowly as he walked to a window. He couldn't see straight out of it, as low as he was, so shifted back up to Transitional and leaned against the clear pane. He could see the Forest below them, as clear as anything else. His thoughts wandered to the last time he had flown a plane. Not just a ride, but actually in the cockpit, stick in hand, finger on the trigger.

The Colonel always beat me in our dogfight simulations.
Impossible turns... never able to keep him in front of me for more than a couple of seconds before he rolled around.
I always beat him on the ground, though.
Wonder how he's doing these days?

He turned around to the group.

That was so long ago.

"We're about here. Feel free to look out the window and see where Rage and Sunstrike wrestled." They'd know the area for the fact that it was smoldering, smoke just barely escaping the canopy, as it was. They had managed to not make a crater of the land... amazing, that. He also couldn't see any movement from around that spot, so expected that indeed, they had gone. Perhaps to the giant island that hovered over them.

Eastern parts of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games