Welcome to Gaia! ::

When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Dalek, Cyberman, Timelord, TARDIS, Doctor Who 

Reply When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild
A doctor who rp Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who wants to be the doctor?
  OOOHHH! OOOHHHH! PICK MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!*Crash*
  THE ASSISTANTS ROCK!!!!!!
  The doctor stinks! THE MASTER FOR INTER GALACTIC RULER!!!!!
View Results

Triska
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:39 pm
Susan raised her eyes brows, "I can't send a "haha" message. There can't be any harm in that sense he's going to know anyway. And they must be there by now. Let me ask the question before you respond."
Susan thought it to be rather strange. She didn't spend too much time in her second life before turning human. She didn't get to know what kind of person she is. Now it seems she is finding out. She finds herself to be more playful than the character she became. She was so stickily as a human.
Susan took hold of the communications devise and spoke into it. "Hello Ruler, this is Susan speaking. I would assume that Grandfather and Sorvad are there. I'm going to be asking for the story about your first run Sorvad. Be prepared. Grandfather, I..." talking to him even over the com is hard, "It's good doing things with you again. Ruler, I don't know why you're doing this... But what I do know is this."
Susan suddenly felt this conviction. Something left from the Time War. "We can't undo the past. All it would do is create more problems. Never solve them. All we need to do is do what we can with what life there's left. These humans. Why do they deserve to die? They were never there. They never even heard of the Time War."
Suddenly, all of the emotion, all of the pain that she felt at the discovery of looking back came up. Tears came down her face. "Grandfather, I'm so sorry I ran. Everything was falling apart. I don't even know what I was thinking I just ran. And... and when I looked back... It was gone. All of it. The Citidal. That canyon we went to when I was eleven. It was gone. I want it back. I want it.. back. And when I say I want it back, I don't mean some cheap imitation. Do you know what I would see if you were to win, Ruler? Do you know?! This is what I'll see. All I will see is some woman who had gone in to get her breasts done. Or her lips. Or her over all face. In the end. It's all fake! You can't replace what was special. It'd be a fake. I don't know your reasons. But what I do know is that if you continue this I will fight you. And believe me when I say that it's not my grandfather you'd have to watch out for. It'd be me. I'm already suffering from all of this. I will not let you add to it."
Susan had no idea where all of this was coming from. It went from a taunt, to a threat. She spent four years pretending to be something else. A person who's life had no grief. No pain. She was holding it all in for so long. Now, it was coming out in force. Susan shouted, "What do you have to say for yourself?!"  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:13 pm
"Are you done yet?" The Editor sighed. "You're not the only getting used to this whole Time War thing. At least I didn't run away, coward!" Eddie was screaming at her then.

The the Talkie came to life with a reply from the Ruler.

"Oh, Susan." The Ruler said.

He strolled over to the unconscious Doctor, and kicked him over to his side, bending down to pick up the walkie talkie from his jacket pocket. He rose up and looked over to Sorvad as he tapped his fingers on the talkie.

"Is that you?" He asked her. "Susan. You survived." The Ruler smiled. "That...that's wonderful, dear."

He truly did seem happy.

"All this time, I pictured you happy somewhere far away, and here you are." The Ruler sighed happily. "Susan, you're one of the reasons I'm doing this."

He looked over to Irene then and smiled.

"That's what I have to say for myself. This is a gift, Susan, this is my gift to you and to everyone else back home. It won't be Gallifrey, it'll be another Gallifrey, but it will be ours. And that's all I can give you."

Then his joy went away and hatred went over his face.

"Oh, and Editor, your little trick isn't going to stop me."

Susan turned to the Editor, whose eyes widened.

"Give it a minute, Editor, it's going to come back on."

Then the Ruler through the talkie into the wall, breaking it in three pieces. Then he smiled up at Sorvad.

"'Inferior Creature' that's funny." He chuckled a little. "You don't even know what you are and you assume you're better than everyone else here. I suppose it's normal, that's just something written into your DNA isn't it?"

The Ruler turned to Irene.

"Irene, this is a Dalek-human hybrid! Daleks were the creatures the Time Lords fought in the Time War. They are the reason, there is no Gallifrey, and why I'm here, destroying your planet to make my own." He turned back to Sorvad. "What do you have to say to my friend here, Sorvad?"

"Tell me what a Dalek is." He said.

"Nuh uh." The Ruler shook his head. "Not without some sort of compromise, see, I tell you something, you tell me something."

"The machines are working." The Editor repeated. "Why are the machines working?"

She couldn't get how he was fueling them without any fuel. How the cells were being told to convert how the entire planet was still going without anything to keep it going.

"Wait." She said. "Where was the Doctor?" She looked to Susan. "Where was the Doctor? He's using the Doctor! THE MIND TAPING THINGY!" She jumped up to the TARDIS console. "He's using the Doctor's mind to tell the cells!"

She then pressed a very large button, having set in some cordinates.

"We have to go and stop him!" She yelled.

TheSmilingShadow

Triska
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:55 pm
Susan didn't have any retort to being called a coward. She was a coward. She ran. Just then, the Ruler spoke into the devise. When he was finished, and Eddie was franticly steering the TARDIS to the Ruler's, Susan was stunned.
In an exasperated tone Susan said, "He's sick. He's totally sick. Excuse me a moment."
Susan left the control room to gear up. And put on a new look with shoes that don't kill her feet.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:21 pm
Throughout the conversations, Irene and Sam remained hardly noticed. The sonic screwdriver rolled to their feet, but they were powerless to pick it up because they were bound to the wall.

"What do we do, what do we DO??? Sam... The Doctor's trapped..." Irene frantically whispered.

"Dunno, Irene, Dunno..." Sam was staring in concentration at the Ruler's face... the way he spoke to the Doctor... like he knew him really well in the alternate Universe. But there was no Ruler in this universe, according to the Doctor's reaction. Sam relayed his observance to Irene, who contemplated this.

"Hmmmm..." Susan's voice crackled through the Talkie. Suddenly, her jaw dropped, and she was looking from the Ruler to the Doctor. "But no... it can't be..."

"What? Irene?"

"Just thought..." She shook her head. "Hey, look at the Sonic Screwdriver. Look where it's pointing."

Sam looked. It pointed directly at the wire connecting to the mind-taping helmet. "Oh, what chance!"

Irene smiled at him. She watched him wiggle his hand, positioning his bat so the end of it faced the exposed screwdriver button. Suddenly the Ruler was addressing her about the issue of Daleks. She stared at him, wide eyed and innocent-looking as possible. Sam nearly dropped the bat. When the Ruler was done looking towards them, Sam resumed.

"Ach... Ok, ready." Sam dropped the bat, which hit the button of the Sonic Screwdriver. It buzzed and sent a jet of blue light outwards which cut the cord of the mind-taping helmet. Nobody noticed, though, because right at that moment Susan and Eddie came bursting through the Ruler's TARDIS' door.  

CrystalGazer

TheSmilingShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:18 pm

The Ruler turned to his door to see the two young women. His heart nearly broke at the sight of them.

"Susan..." He said. "Look at you - you - you've grown up."

He smiled at her, nearly stopping tears.

"Granddaughter." He said.

"WHAT!?" Eddie screamed.

Eddie looked between the Ruler and Susan. She was panicked but then she saw Sorvad at the other end of the room, Irene and Sam to the other side, and the Doctor on the floor. That was all just lovely.
She didnt really care at that point the Ruler's comment, despite it asking so many questions, she just had had it. This stupid twisted adventure.

"Oh, Screw it!" She yelled.

She grabbed her wrench and leapt towards the Ruler.

The Ruler lifted his sonic screwdriver, blasting it to the wall, and Eddie with it. A Mind-Taper came down from the ceiling and promptly placed itself on Eddie's head.

"Oh god damn it." She had muttered before it happened.

The Ruler then stood above everyone, on his platform. The world was shaking, Earth wasn't Earth anymore. It was somewhere stuck between the middle. The cities were so far untouched and the people too, but soon, the world itself was going to go and everything with it.

He stared at Susan most of all.

Then he sighed. He was getting too old for all this.

"Hello, Susan." He tried. "I'm making a world for you." He walked down towards her. "They're going to help." He motioned to the Doctor and Eddie. "Their memories are going to tell the machines what to do, and then...we'll have our home again. Oh, Susan, after everything I went through to get here..."

The Ruler didn't even notice that by then the Doctor's eyes were open and looking over at Irene and Sam.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:05 pm
The Doctor smiled at Irene and Sam. They were smart kids, it was a good thing they noticed the way he threw the Sonic Screwdriver or else the Ruler's plan would have been without fault. When the Ruler admitted to being Susan's grandfather, (in other words, himself in an alternate universe,) Irene mouthed to him "I knew it!"

Sam just looked flabbergasted, then muttered the proverbial "Oooooh" of one-who-finally-gets-it.

After everything he went through to get here, the Ruler would not stand a chance against a man fighting for the lives of the brilliant live-un's populating the good old planet Earth. Even after reliving the memories of Gallifrey, looking into the eyes of Sam and Irene... eager to learn, young, curious eyes... like so many before them.

The Doctor flicked the mind-taping helmet off, grabbed his screwdriver, and stood up swiftly.

"At last... my arm is complete again!" The Doctor held his hand aloft, pointing his sonic screwdriver at the ceiling. He pressed it's button briefly, and somewhere within the TARDIS he felt all links to those blasted Mind-Taping devices melt. Eddie slid to the floor.

The Ruler turned around, furious.

"No... NO!" He was shouting.

"Yes." The Doctor's voice was calm. "...Yes."

Eddie started to blink.

CrystalGazer

TheSmilingShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:47 pm

"OW!!!" Eddie was screaming. "Urgh. Damn it."

She rubbed her temples, these things gave her headaches, not dizzy spells. Sorvad came over to her aid, except she brushed him off whenever he tried.

"What'd they say?" She finally asked him.

"The Ruler's the Doctor from another Universe." Sorvad told her.

"URGH."

The Ruler stood in front of the Doctor, staring down the length of the Doctor's sonic screwdriver. He looked at the Doctor, that familiar face, the one he used to have a long time ago. The Doctor's hair flopped down onto his face, and the Ruler couldn't help but laugh, he remembered that happening a lot.

"You'd understand if..." The Ruler tried.

"We're different men." The Doctor said. "Different to have different names."

"Apparently."

"But you are still at your core who I am. You don't have to do this. You don't want to do this."

"Am I a piece of you, Doctor, or are you a piece of me?"

"You can stop the machines right now, it's all right, we can figure this out together. You can stay with us, we can get you back to another universe if you want, just stop."

The Ruler shook his head.

"I can't." The Ruler said.

"Why not?"

"I killed him."

"What?"

"The Master."

Small gasps filled the room, at least those of Susan and Eddie who actually knew who the Master was. All wanted to interfer somehow, help the Doctor, but at that point everyone just wanted to hear what the Ruler had to say.

"You killed him?"

"It seems your attempts to destroy the paradox machine were much more successful than mine."

The Ruler walked over to his railing, and leaned on it.

"You see. He killed everything. The world was on fire, and he was laughing. The rockets launched before I could stop them, war was declared on the entire galaxy. Despite his greatest efforts, even the Master could not fight them all. But you see. I regenerated into the man you see now."

He didn't look at any of them. He didn't need to look at them, but something so deep in him compelled him to speak.

He was the Doctor once.

Once.

"I was able to save him, Doctor. But...it was gone. Not only Gallifrey but Earth, and all the humans, future, and present...I killed him."

His voice rose, you could tell he enjoyed it too. Just then he could imagine the Master's eyes gazing up at him in the TARDIS, full of mocking confidence. How he hated them that day when he did it. How he enjoyed tearing the arrogance right out of him.

"He regenerated of course. Then I killed him again. And again. And again. And again, until he didn't regenerate anymore." The Ruler stared at the Doctor. "I couldn't forgive, I could never."

He tapped the railing to the sound of the drums.
The drums he hears.
The Master showed them to him.

"Martha was killed after the rockets launched. Rose was dead for a long time by then...Daleks. Jack...I don't know where Jack is. I killed the Master, and I stood as not only the Last Time Lord, but shortly I knew the Last Being. Everyone at war with each other, not knowing the source, now just making excuses. The fires...were spreading."

He looked up at the Doctor.

"I remember being you." His eyes widened. "I remember...how you wanted to get close to people but never did. I remember how...horrible that felt."

Then he smiled and jumped up to his TARDIS console.

"Well! I wasn't going to have it! I'm tired, Doctor, I'm so tired, of running, and fighting, and...and putting the universe on my shoulders! All I want is a home! And now I am combining my two greatest homes into one! And there will be no war! There will be no fighting! I shall stand over New Gallifrey, as it's RULER, keeping it in order, keeping it safe!"

The Ruler before anyone could stop him, pressed a button. The Earth was shaking violently then. The final phase in transformation was beginning.

"You'll all thank me!" He yelled.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:04 am
As the Ruler spoke, Susan can in no way see him as her Grandfather. Not in ANY form. "Thank you? With everyone still dead?! You are not my Grandfather. If in that universe you were, then I know for a fact, that you are no longer the Susan's Grandfather of that reality either. You don't want to be alone? Well guess what, you're making yourself alone. Cause if you THINK that the people you cared about would speak to you then you are greatly mistaken. I will hate you to the end of time itself. Not unless you stop this."  

Triska
Crew

TheSmilingShadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:42 pm

"Susan..." The Ruler turned to her. "I know hate me now. I know...they'd hate me. I know...I'd hate myself. But when Gallifrey shines, and you've shed your tears, you'll see. I'm simply taking the step my other selves would never do. I'm taking the steps you want to take. I have the burden of actually being the one that does this! But when it's over, you'll see!"

Eddie stared at him.

"You know in his position, I'd probably do the same thing."

Susan shot a look at her.

"He lost both his planets, the universe was at war! Were you not listening! That's heavy!"

The Ruler chuckled.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:16 pm
Susan returned her look to the Ruler. Her look was defiant. This wasn't right. And the Doctor has to remember. "Both of his worlds are gone from HIS universe. But one still exsists here."
She closed her eyes and entered the realm of telepathy. She focused all of her feelings, her memories, her love, for her grandfather on the Ruler. He said that he remembered some. Now it was time for him to remember more. And this time, Susan was not going to run away when it gets hard. Rather, she'll fight harder.  

Triska
Crew

TheSmilingShadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:15 pm

"Susan, don't do this to me." The Ruler sighed.

He felt her mind tapping on his own, like a knock on the door. He stared sadly at her as she focused all on him.

"I don't want to hurt you." He said.

But the knocking continued, a small stream of wonderful and then bittersweet memories from long ago. Back, way back to his first regeneration, when there was a mother and a child and him and that child had a grandchild and the family broke up only a little.

But the problem was he'd felt it all before.

"I'm sorry." He said.

He sent to her through telepathy the pain he had endured through the Time War, and the Master's reign, and the Universe's slow destruction. He was older than her, he was her Grandfather after all, he was better at telepathy. And besides, his hate was greater than her love.
The thought of losing everyone and everything.
The pain of having lost the entire universe.
It's all on fire, it's burning away, the entire universe is on fire, and it's burning itself away. Utter helplessness came, utter hopelessness came. An overwhelming feeling of anxiety, regret, and fear came.

It was enough to make Susan scream.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:50 pm
The Doctor was frantically pointing to Eddie, then to the consul, mouthing "Can you stop it??"

Eddie looked at him, bored. The Doctor flapped his arms behind the Ruler's back. Eddie yawned, giving the Doctor an innocent look, then slowly walked over to inspect the consul.

The Doctor backed up to Sam and Irene, cutting their bonds with his screwdriver. Sam's feet found solace on the ground, his knees shaking. He picked up his bat, and rubbed his wrists.

Loosing balance, Irene threw her arms around the Doctor. "Oh, I was rather worried about you. Those mind-taping things looked nasty. I hope Eddie's ok." The Doctor awkwardly patted her on the head. Sam walked over to Sorvad and looked at him curiously.

In the corner of his mind, the Doctor felt Susan strain with the weight of the Ruler's memories. He shuddered and turned around. She was still young... unable to understand the persistence of the insane. To the rotten people of the universe, love is a perversion... distraction... a weakness. How wrong they were.

"OK... Ruler, leave her alone. Enough. You've got me to deal with now."

The Doctor flicked a hidden, secret switch on his sonic screwdriver. A controlled area of intense heat, so condensed in on itself it became almost a solid, came out of the end of his screwdriver like a blade. This was called the Sonic Saber. When he swished it around, it faintly glowed blue and contentedly hummed.

It was rare that he had to use it.

CrystalGazer

TheSmilingShadow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:24 pm
It was at this tense moment when Eddie felt the Ruler's eyes on her, that she began to utter a series of terrible Gallifreyan words so ancient there was no translation the TARDIS could convert for the ears of the others.

She was fumbling with buttons at one moment trying to think how the machines she made were working together, and how she could stop them. She briefly looked over to see the Ruler glaring at her, and one of the most terrible ancient words in Gallifrey came out of her mouth.

"Sorvad!" she screamed, and the thing crept over to her, "Quick, what's pi times the square root of 2567?"

"What?"

"You heard me!"

"Uh..."

"WAIT!" She looked over at the others. "You think I really should?"

"What?"

"You think I should stop the machines?"

"YES!" He said, appauled.

"Yeah well, Gallifrey's pretty neat."

"Editor!"

"Right, right, sorry." She paused. "You sure?"

He didn't need to say anything, at that point it was becoming a joke.

The Ruler released Susan, both he and the Doctor took a moment to watch her as she grabbed the wall for balance to make sure she was okay.

The Ruler for a moment didn't do anything.

"Do you think I'm insane?" The Ruler asked. "Wait. I remember being you, and I know that's what you must think."

The Doctor stared furiously at him.

"I remember that anger too."

The Ruler smiled.

"You should've seen it, Doctor. I know none of you can understand, I just wish you didn't think I was insane. Just...acknowledge I have my reasons."

The Doctor didn't say a thing.

The Ruler sighed taking out his own Sonic Screwdriver and doing the same, the blad flew up into the air and he looked over at the Doctor.

"Fantastic." The Ruler said.

"Brilliant." The Doctor said.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:36 am
All the memories from the Ruler did was make a barior. Susan was worn out from grieving. So when the Ruler was attempting to send more, it went into grouping with what she had.
Susan was not fighting to keep it away, she was fighting to get past them and get back to the Ruler. That wore her out. She held the wall for support.
"There is hope here. The is help here. Your reason is lost here."
Susan looked up at the Ruler, "You are the one who can not see. You are blinded by what had happened and been driven to madness. Do not forget. You were the one who said it. It was all there. In those thoughts. Grandfather, don't be angry with him. Pity him. But go ahead and do what you can to stop him."  

Triska
Crew

CrystalGazer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:17 pm
"Angry? Not quite. But I am severely disappointed. And I think the Ruler wont understand the reasoning we can give him."

He killed the Master. The Doctor knew what sort of man the Master was, but he didn't kill him. He forgave him. That didn't go as well as planned, though. The Master still died.

He glanced at Sorvad, Irene, Sam, Susan, and Eddie. He wasn't sure how well he'd stand in a dueling match against... well... himself, so he was worried about what would happen if he had to regenerate. He pushed that out of his mind. Not today.

The Doctor stood straight, pointed his invisible blade at the ceiling, and brought it swishing down to point to the ground, a little bit to the right of his foot (The standard human dueling salute). It flashed blue as it cut through the air, it's humming persistent for the start of the match.

The Ruler cut an elaborate X into the air in front of him, ending with the blade extended at the Doctor. The Ruler leaned forward slightly, and smiled.

"For Home." He sneered.

The Doctor sighed and nearly rolled his eyes.

Oh, wow. Irene was stunned: a dueling match!

"Eddie, can I do anything to help?"

Suddenly, as fast as a snake, the Ruler advanced and lunged. The Doctor parried the blade aside with agility, small electric blue lightning sparks were issuing from the blade contact. The Duel began.

Sam looked at Sorvad, whose inhuman mouth was open in amazement. "Dude, what planet are you from?" Sam asked.

"This planet, whatever it's called. I think." Sorvad answered.

Eddie was pulling wires, switching plugs, and banging on buttons. Chunks of metal were flying everywhere. Unfortunately, a small piece came flying out of nowhere and hit Sorvad squarely in the forehead.

"Ow." Sorvad commented.

Sam watched the Doctor and Ruler flail madly at each other. "Dude, shouldn't we do something?" He said to Sorvad.

"Exter... Exterm..."

"Pardon?" Sam looked again at Sorvad.

When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 37 38 39 40 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games