Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Forums of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Tags: general, discussion, chat, hangout, intelligent 

Reply The United Forums of Gaia
The Venting Junkyard Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kerminatrix

O.G. Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:32 pm
dear husband:
i love you and i want to do stuff with you. but i don't want to do stuff that you hate, because that is not fun - you clearly suffering through it makes me antsy and i feel like i have to keep apologizing and doing stuff to fix it. so don't go "oh whatever you want to do" when you would clearly prefer NOT to do something. TELL me what you want to do and we will plan.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:45 pm
Oh wows.

"Chance to win a halo from an ancient banned account!"  

AirisMagik

Xanilus

Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:21 pm
A marketing ploy, nothing more. Read the fine print:

"No banned accounts were harmed in the making of this huge a** pile of cash."

User Image

Note: The 'from a banned account' is the ploy. The 'chance to win' is real.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:20 am
Xanilus
A marketing ploy, nothing more. Read the fine print:

"No banned accounts were harmed in the making of this huge a** pile of cash."

User Image

Note: The 'from a banned account' is the ploy. The 'chance to win' is real.

O RLY?

That's not what admin says.  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

Xanilus

Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:51 am
Because Gaia's always been 100% honest in everything they've related to their users, ya?

Maybe it is true. Maybe it will be yoinked from a banned account. Only Gaia knows for certain. Until such a time as I'm proven entirely wrong, though, I maintain my skepticism. User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:06 am
Xanilus
Because Gaia's always been 100% honest in everything they've related to their users, ya?

Maybe it is true. Maybe it will be yoinked from a banned account. Only Gaia knows for certain. Until such a time as I'm proven entirely wrong, though, I maintain my skepticism. User Image

Considering that thread was made two days after the original announcement, likely to address the s**t storm that hit site-wide when users heard items were being taken from a banned account, I'm pretty sure it's the truth. It very carefully elaborates on the situation so that people freaking out over the possibility of losing items even if they successfully contest a ban can calm the ******** down. Considering how unpopular the fact that this halo is "contraband" has been, I don't see why they would stick to that story during damage control if it weren't the absolute truth. They could have just as easily said, "No, it's not really from a banned account. That was just our typical wacky sense of humour. We're actually going to generate a brand new halo for the winner." The fact that they didn't is telling.  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

Xanilus

Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:51 am
Fair enough.

Still sticking to my guns, though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:12 am
Seriously, a halo taken from some moron banned 5 years ago is worthy of a site-wide outrage, but that s**t with getting Gcash from signing yourself up on scam-sites only makes SF frown for a few hours? neutral  

Aldo

Vicious Warlord

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:24 pm
Aldo
Seriously, a halo taken from some moron banned 5 years ago is worthy of a site-wide outrage, but that s**t with getting Gcash from signing yourself up on scam-sites only makes SF frown for a few hours? neutral

I feel the same way. Every time I see another thread bawing over the halo I want to yell "GET YOUR ******** PRIORITIES STRAIGHT!"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:07 pm
Lady Pyre
Aldo

I feel the same way. Every time I see another thread bawing over the halo I want to yell "GET YOUR ******** PRIORITIES STRAIGHT!"
It's like this to me: if you're going to go A BLOO BLOO over what's happening on a gaming site you should at least whine about something that is bad to the enjoyment we're all getting out of the site.

I mean, getting angry over a gaming website is pretty retarded to begin with.  

Aldo

Vicious Warlord

AirisMagik

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:39 am
Aldo
Lady Pyre
Aldo

It's like this to me: if you're going to go A BLOO BLOO over what's happening on a gaming site you should at least whine about something that is bad to the enjoyment we're all getting out of the site.

I mean, getting angry over a gaming website is pretty retarded to begin with.

Unless they're 13.
Then I guess it's all they have, because their life is a dark abyss, and they have black tears.

Kinda like taking a balloon from a 2 year old.
That's your wallet, in comparison! OH NOooOoOoOOoo!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:18 am
I would lol so hard if I won the Halo. I'd probably parade around in it for a while then sell it for all I could get out of it. n__n

Or keep it for all of eternity. Oh the humanity. XD  

Kozray
Crew

Bloblike Blob

kerminatrix

O.G. Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:42 am
people are still shitting over the scams-for-cash thing, though. i don't think they got over it all that quickly.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:50 am
I think those scams-for-cash are still being griped out for good reason. I mean, wouldn't you think that some of the higher ups would look at the sponsors and do some slight background checking before plopping them down? I refuse to believe someone gave the thumbs up on this feature before a background check was done on each link. And don't give me this "that would take so much TIME" crap excuse either. This is not one of those situations where it is better to seek forgiveness than to ask permission. This is common sense, and that common sense was obviously rejected.

Also, should I truly feel sorry that some account banned five years ago is getting pilfered? No. Sorry. No sympathy there. The items should have been liquidated the moment the ban had been laid out. I sincerely believe the banee thoroughly deserved the punishment, and seriously doubt that the halo would have belonged to someone wrongfully accused and martyred and that drudging it up would reveal five years of cover ups and scandals. I've read enough Robert Anton Wilson to know that many conspiracies are bullshit anyways.

Okay, I'm done ranting. Now I'm going back to ogling Pyre.  

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Xanilus

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:40 pm
A cosplay in the arena made me wonder... what if the "halo from a banned account" is actually... Cigarette's halo? User Image

Now that I would certainly believe!

The United Forums of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games