Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Forums of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Tags: general, discussion, chat, hangout, intelligent 

Reply The United Forums of Gaia
The Venting Junkyard Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:03 pm
Xanilus
User Image WTF!

I thought these things were supposed to cap at 3. We're up to what... FIVE now, for the month?

I repeat:
User Image

I know MJ, McMahon, and Farrah passed, but who is the fifth?

Billy Mays was a total scam artist, but he was a damned entertaining one. s**t, I was laughing at some photoshop somebody made with him mocking the new lucky key for Aquariums just a couple days ago.

My great-grandma has been sick for a while, and she's getting worse. I've actually been hoping for a while that it would just... you know... happen, so we can just get all the bad stuff over with and start to move on. But I don't think I can take another death this week, so... Murphy's Law... ;_;  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:51 pm
Lady Pyre
Xanilus
User Image WTF!

I thought these things were supposed to cap at 3. We're up to what... FIVE now, for the month?

I repeat:
User Image

I know MJ, McMahon, and Farrah passed, but who is the fifth?

David Carradine, of Kung Fu and Kill Bill and 329858238 other films and shows. He died on June 3rd.

Sorry about your great-grandma. Any family deaths are hard, whether you know they're coming or not. :/

Unrelated: I hate my luck with RIGs, and I hate that the one item I'm saving up for and close to getting suddenly spiked up almost 200k. -o-;  

Kozray
Crew

Bloblike Blob

Xanilus

Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:00 am
Yep, David Carradine. User Image

Family deaths are never pleasant, whether you know they're coming or they're straight out of the blue. And going through so many of them in a relatively short period of time does nothing to help.

My unrelated: I should be happy I rounded out the week in 15th place... but when I look at the actual winners? Bah. Well, at least I knew I wouldn't win, but still. So close. Here's hoping this week is somehow better. (My cosplay, on the other hand, finished out at 86th.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:41 pm
I wonder what my chances are of being able to convince him to ditch the con one night to see me...probably not very good, which means I won't see him for like 6 days, but I really don't want to spend $35 to hang out at a convention where I will most likely be bored out of my mind.  

Hey Pasta

Shameless Genius

9,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hive Mind 200

Prince Reddy

Romantic Reveler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:34 pm
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:08 am
Godammit. By "Monday Midnight," I thought they meant the midnight between Monday and Tuesday, not Sunday and Monday. Half of my comments are going to be s**t like "old news." I don't have any other cosplays that are finished enough to replace this with. At least not on this ******** fake autopsy reports. They can't even leave the man alone now that he's dead.  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:01 am
Dom Deluise also died earlier this month.

I fear for Abe Vigoda's safety as well. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:21 pm
*sigh* Is there something about our front page that suggest we're a newbie help center? Almost every join request for the past month has implied that they don't understand how Gaia works and we'd be the perfect place for them to learn!  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

Kozray
Crew

Bloblike Blob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:24 pm
Lady Pyre
*sigh* Is there something about our front page that suggest we're a newbie help center? Almost every join request for the past month has implied that they don't understand how Gaia works and we'd be the perfect place for them to learn!

Maybe it's the "intelligent" tag? They think we're smart so they want to tap into our smartness? D:  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:25 pm
i actually knew about dom deluise's death fairly early... he had recently started using my company's product, and of course since he died, he wasn't using it anymore and it needed to be sent back. i handle all the shipping, including issuing FedEx call tags to pick up equipment for whatever reason, so... yeah.

you know, our thing is used by old, sick people and also by athletes, and there's this one guy who sort of IS the sports medicine division, and he's always bragging and namedropping about famous people who use our s**t, but he didn't care about old dom deluise. i guess his fame was mitigated by the fact that he, like most of our patients, was old and sick and fat, not a s**t-hot athlete. in case i have insufficiently conveyed it, this sports medicine guy is kind of a d**k.  

kerminatrix

O.G. Nerd

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:50 pm
Man, I saw a great signature about all the celebrity deaths, but I got distracted and don't remember where.

It was a picture of Billy Mays, and it looked like they added this caption via icanhazcheezburger: They say deaths come in threes. But trust Billy Mays to give you one extra for no additional charge!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:09 am
Lady Pyre
Man, I saw a great signature about all the celebrity deaths, but I got distracted and don't remember where.

It was a picture of Billy Mays, and it looked like they added this caption via icanhazcheezburger: They say deaths come in threes. But trust Billy Mays to give you one extra for no additional charge!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Prince Reddy

Romantic Reveler

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:56 am
That's the one! Thnaks, reddy. That thing made me laugh for a good five minutes. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:43 am
I'm horrible at coming up with descriptions, but need to figure something out for this outfit before I can enter it. User Image

I also need to figure out some way to advertise better, or at least get better exposure. It's now Friday and my current entry isn't nearly as rated/commented as my previous one.

Finally... summer always makes this place so quiet. User Image

Xanilus

Elder

Xanilus

Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:28 pm
I don't want to double post, but...

User Image GAH! I wish I had a goddamn tablet or something other than this bloody mouse! I should be DONE with this pic by now, but the hair is absolutely killing my motivation! User Image I already have feelings of scrapping it to work on something new, but I refuse to give up!

I just... I want to be done with it already! User Image

The United Forums of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games