Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Forums of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Tags: general, discussion, chat, hangout, intelligent 

Reply The United Forums of Gaia
The Venting Junkyard Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xanilus

Elder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:14 pm
Aquariums have been giving my computer some serious lag. :T Once again reminding me that I need a new video card. I just wish there wasn't a long list of things I need before that. User Image

a~chan
Haha yeah I love my dk, though she's unholy. I already have a pally tank but I know what you mean. Tanking = teh awesome sauce. 3nodding Though my main is my disc priest, she's the one I normally raid on. Our guild suffers from a shortage of competent healers. rolleyes Someday I hope to tank more than 10 man Naxx raids or heroic OS/Vault runs but that probably won't happen unless my guild leader gets a head injury and forgets about the priest. xd

And thanks, I don't think I need to have you smack Val around, I mean unless you really want to, then by all means go for it! Lol <3

Heh heh... unholy tanking is the best way to tank. Forget frost, unholy is SO much more fun. I don't have to worry about putting out a lot of damage... just making sure whatever we're fighting hates me more than the rest of the group. After a rogue, mage, shaman, and hunter, it's a BIG breath of fresh air. User Image

Well, I'll just keep it in mind, then. Not that I ever really need a reason, but yeah, sometimes good to have one, just in case. User Image

Work is driving me nuts. I was hired in to help while one woman was on maternity leave, at the same time as this other guy. Once she came back, the other guy had ******** up enough and was fired. Then another guy, who had been there a lot longer, also ******** up, so now he's gone. Adding to that, now another coworker is off on maternity leave, as well as my manager being on vacation for the next 2 weeks. (She just got back from a vacation three weeks ago.) So there are very few people to cover shifts, and since I'm probably one of the better guys they've got, I'm pulling insane hours.

Look. I like the hours because they make my paychecks larger... but hire someone else already, damnit! User Image Or at least give me some type of raise. Just because I know the most about the media/electronics department and earn the least due to being the newest guy there, doesn't mean I should be getting the most hours. Cost effective; bad business. Cut me some slack.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:46 am
Supposed boyfriend has been back for atleast 21 hours and has thus far ignored my texts and other attempts to reach him.

FANTABULAR~  

Amatevi

Romantic Noob

obarmhartig

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:26 am
Xanilus

Heh heh... unholy tanking is the best way to tank. Forget frost, unholy is SO much more fun. I don't have to worry about putting out a lot of damage... just making sure whatever we're fighting hates me more than the rest of the group. After a rogue, mage, shaman, and hunter, it's a BIG breath of fresh air. User Image

Well, I'll just keep it in mind, then. Not that I ever really need a reason, but yeah, sometimes good to have one, just in case. User Image

Work is driving me nuts. I was hired in to help while one woman was on maternity leave, at the same time as this other guy. Once she came back, the other guy had ******** up enough and was fired. Then another guy, who had been there a lot longer, also ******** up, so now he's gone. Adding to that, now another coworker is off on maternity leave, as well as my manager being on vacation for the next 2 weeks. (She just got back from a vacation three weeks ago.) So there are very few people to cover shifts, and since I'm probably one of the better guys they've got, I'm pulling insane hours.

Look. I like the hours because they make my paychecks larger... but hire someone else already, damnit! User Image Or at least give me some type of raise. Just because I know the most about the media/electronics department and earn the least due to being the newest guy there, doesn't mean I should be getting the most hours. Cost effective; bad business. Cut me some slack.

I agree, if I were ever to tank with my dk I'd definitely go the unholy route. It's tons of fun. And I'm sure after all that dps it is nice to try something totally different. =] I like to pew pew sometimes but I like to heal or tank much more. :3

Sorry about your overloaded working hun. I know how that feels, especially when you can always use the monies but when you start to burn out it won't seem as important. Just remember to take good care of yourself. 3nodding heart

@Pyre: Grats on the monies hunnies! Tee hee I made a terrible funny! gonk redface heart

@Sora: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii you! <33333

Ugh this damn weather drives me nuts! It's so damn sticky and hot I can't sleep and end up surfing the net all night instead of sleeping. I'm so gonna be regretting this in about an hour or so... scream gonk crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:09 am
Xanilus
Aquariums have been giving my computer some serious lag. :T Once again reminding me that I need a new video card. I just wish there wasn't a long list of things I need before that. User Image

a~chan
Haha yeah I love my dk, though she's unholy. I already have a pally tank but I know what you mean. Tanking = teh awesome sauce. 3nodding Though my main is my disc priest, she's the one I normally raid on. Our guild suffers from a shortage of competent healers. rolleyes Someday I hope to tank more than 10 man Naxx raids or heroic OS/Vault runs but that probably won't happen unless my guild leader gets a head injury and forgets about the priest. xd

And thanks, I don't think I need to have you smack Val around, I mean unless you really want to, then by all means go for it! Lol <3

I now have an 80 DK Orc.
ninja
Back on Frostwolf, baby!

It's Dual Talented...
Unholy
and...

Unholy.

LOLWUT?

I have an Unholy PVP Spec, and a Raiding Spec. Pretty much invert what I was using. Unholy PVP Spec has all the survival crap+PVP Orientated things (Death Grip, Anti Magic Shell/Zone, Etc.) with Talents going into Blood for Rune Tap and its Upgrade.

The Raiding Spec goes into all the auto attacks and other damage dealing things (+20% Shadow Dmg on Auto Attacks, 30% chance to do that one attack... etc.), going into Frost for increased auto attack speed + frost/shadow dmg increase, with more runic power, etc.

I only have T8 Gloves from Raiding, cause I've only really go into a couple so far...
and it's all been VOA.
lololol?  

AirisMagik

Xanilus

Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:16 pm
Coincidentally, I have also been having a blast leveling up a resto druid.

When Val and I had a leveling group, I loved standing in the back and clicking on all the pretty colors grid was throwing at me. User Image Since it was for leveling and having fun, neither of us was on our 80's, to be in line with the rest of the group. Which meant we pretty much had no tanks. (Though seriously, with 3 DKs, who needs a tank?) Often heard over vent: "Alright, we must be doing too good. The tree stopped healing and is punching the boss..." User Image

And my DK is Un/Un, too. kek. Unholy tank/unholy pvp. And yes, there has been the occasional "s**t, s**t, why are we dead?!" "Oops, sorry guys... forgot I was in WSG earlier." User Image

Now, if everyone else hasn't already fled the dorkfest... Yeah, I'm remembering to take care of myself. Eating right, sleeping (relatively) well... I could still use a bit of sun... but it never sticks. User Image Ah well.

I've also been tank tapping and such in the AQ forum... hoping to get a couple dozen more favorable ratings in the arena. User Image I'm so close! I can almost taste it! User Image If anyone catches me glowing, please feel free to PM me! User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:04 pm
I think I've got it.

No one likes good music anymore.

Srsly! Jonas Brothers? Miley Cirus? Pretty much any Disney brand offshoot that's managed to replicate itself in every single way possible. (Did you know there is a Miley Cirus CEREAL?! *ARRRG!*)

But, srsly International Music Guild, why is no one responding to my David Bowie thread? NOT ONE. DAVID BOWIE OMG. A legendary figure. Changes? Suffragette City? The Jean Genie? China Girl? HEROES?! ARG!

No. Not one person listens to great 80s bands anymore. wtf People are MISSING OUT.

Did I spell Miley's name right? Nope. Oh well. *leaving there*

I think Craig Ferguson is right.

Man, why do I feel like such an old person? XD  

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:20 pm
They've been playing David Bowie's Storytellers episode, like, every other hour on VH1 classic. Which reminds me I really need to buy a copy of Labyrinth. I ******** love that movie. They just don't make creepy films aimed at kids like they used to.

I feel woozy. Better get some food.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:36 pm
I don't watch VH1, so maybe that's the problem....or perhaps this problem is just pervasive everywhere I go. :/

I wish I saw Labyrinth when I was a kid so I can understand why everyone loves it. I saw it when I was....22? My friend was showing "scary movies" that she use to grow up with and I really didn't care for Labyrinth, though Bowie and his hair were awesome. haha

Did not care for the dancing baby scene. heh

Another scary movie was "A Troll in Central Park" which my friend's mom described as being "anti-masculine." She's totally right --- it is.  

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

obarmhartig

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:52 pm
I've been thinking about leveling my drood, but doubt I'd go resto unless I can find someone to be my meat shield. ninja That and kitty dps is just so much fun. whee And personally, I like calling you guys celery instead of trees. ninja xp I never did use grid, healbot, or anything like that, I've always been more a hotkey/macro/clicky type gal. I do have decursive now though, makes my life a hell of a lot easier, but I actually end up using it more often on my tank than my healer lol...either way, I'm afraid to have too many addons because my laptop is about to explode and die on me already and I lag something fierce in 25 man raids so I tend to try to keep the addons down to the bare min required for raiding.

And glad to hear you're eating/sleeping/yadda yadda Xan, though the sun thing, well hey, don't you know sun is bad for you anyways?! =p Oh and I voted and rated your avi. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:08 pm
Sevi Rais
I don't watch VH1, so maybe that's the problem....or perhaps this problem is just pervasive everywhere I go. :/

I wish I saw Labyrinth when I was a kid so I can understand why everyone loves it. I saw it when I was....22? My friend was showing "scary movies" that she use to grow up with and I really didn't care for Labyrinth, though Bowie and his hair were awesome. haha

Did not care for the dancing baby scene. heh

Another scary movie was "A Troll in Central Park" which my friend's mom described as being "anti-masculine." She's totally right --- it is.

You have to be a kid to get it? It's the classic Hades/Persephone story... with puppets!  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:08 pm
You do. Otherwise it's boring and annoying. The girl was overacting. (I hate you baby! omg I love you baby!) rawr Plus, some kind of bubble scene with Bowie. wtf  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:47 pm
Sevi Rais
(Did you know there is a Miley Cirus CEREAL?! *ARRRG!*)

yes, as a matter of fact, i did know that. because my husband bought it. he'll be 28 in about a week, by the way. he is an adult who does manly things in a warehouse all day. he drives trucks, too. and he bought... miley cyrus cereal. now, granted, this may have been so that we could shriek "IT'S MILEY!!!" like on The Soup every time we saw her face, which was every day, but he still bought it.

i asked if it tasted like miley cyrus.  

kerminatrix

O.G. Nerd

obarmhartig

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Sevi Rais
You do. Otherwise it's boring and annoying. The girl was overacting. (I hate you baby! omg I love you baby!) rawr Plus, some kind of bubble scene with Bowie. wtf
lol Omg that cracked me up! <3

And yaaay I got my dj's back! heart

Edit #2: stressed Why do I suffer idiots? WHY?!!!! Just because I have items that are now considered expensive doesn't mean I want to GIVE YOU s**t DAMMIT!

stressed stressed  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:48 am
Your DJs are awesome. I want DJs now. *whine*  

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

obarmhartig

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:32 am
Sevi Rais
Your DJs are awesome. I want DJs now. *whine*
heart I luffs them very much. Mostly because I used to have a pair like that for listening to my musics. <3333  
The United Forums of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games