Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Forums of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Tags: general, discussion, chat, hangout, intelligent 

Reply The United Forums of Gaia
The Venting Junkyard Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:11 pm
Well ********. I never did buy the long drag.

I guess, after 6 long years, the moralists have won. Bloody stupid, though. If there is honestly anybody dumb enough to take up smoking because of a few pixels on a website, then we don't much need them in the gene pool anyways. Christ, the cig description even said it gives you cancer.

But the alcohol related items are still in stores? Goddammit. At least be consistent. Oh... but they could have a big problem on their hands if they took the wine poses out of the picolitrosso.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:43 pm
That ******** pisses me off, I'm making my avy a smoker again, and even coughing up blood.  

Aeolusis
Crew

Aldo

Vicious Warlord

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:40 am
Hehe, that is bloody dumb indeed. At least they didn't take away the cigar from last year's Christmas EIs.

Reminds of that time they blocked the word '*****' for a few days. lol  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:34 am
If only we could be as lucky as the end result to that event as to this.  

Aeolusis
Crew

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:05 am
*sigh* This is ridiculous. My great-grandmother DIED last night, and I have a friend fighting with me because I apparently "disrespected" her over a few ******** pixels. This bullshit is why I left Minishops in the first place. I guess I never should have gone back.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:41 am
Sorry about your great-grandmother, Pyre. *hugs*

I've always wanted to make an offensive avatar. It is SO tempting to sell my smoke bomb right now... gonk  

Soranoko
Crew

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:26 pm
I'm sorry about your great-grandmother too, Pyre. sad *hugs*

My great grandmother died when I was . . . 12 I think. Or 13. I can't remember. My grandma and I use to go to her pool in her retirement community. It was always really nice. She always had cookies too. Really big ones. D: <3 Chocolate chip!

But she lived a long life.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:54 pm
Wilhemina
Sevi Rais
Wilhemina
I never had any of the smoking related items, but the news brings back memories of the Cigarette fake brain cancer scandal. xd
I never had any of the cigs either but I have heard of that scandal through a flash animation. That was pretty funny.

How did anyone find out she was lying? Through her friends, right?
I think I just heard it through the grapevine while lurking in Q&F...

Just pretty incredible to see a gal decked out in all the finest goods of the time (panda hat, kimono, chickie slippers), all parting gifts.
Found the animation.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/148494

Also, I was looking at Aerion's profile. Wasn't he banned too? It says the account has been logged into recently...  

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

Aldo

Vicious Warlord

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:56 pm
Sorry about your loss Pyre. Can't you just tell your "friend" right there to ******** off for a while and get back at you once she gets her priorities straight?

Love the avatar Sora

Aeo, well you never know I guess.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:08 pm
sorry about your great-grandmother, pyre. my condolences.

and re: smoking poses, they're leaving the cash shop ones in, aren't they. that is what i heard around the SF. of course that's being spun in the predictable way ("they only hate smoking when it doesn't make them $$$, DOLLA DOLLA BILLZ YO"), which is annoying and predictable in its own way.  

kerminatrix

O.G. Nerd

Soranoko
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:15 pm
Aldo
Love the avatar Sora

Thanks. I think the baby is a nice touch. P:

Damn, I should have sold the smoke bomb when they were 50k. D:  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:33 pm
Thanks, guys. I'm doing mostly okay, aside from feeling like a heel that I hadn't seen her since Sunday. I was just getting ready to go over yesterday, and when I called, my grandma said they didn't know if she was alive. So I ran over, but I couldn't find a pulse, and then hospice confirmed it.

I'm more worried about my mom and grandma. I mean... my grandma is 79! That is a damned long time to have a mother, and then to suddenly be without one? It means she's alone in the house, now, too. I dunno if I should go sleep over there... we don't have any extra beds, here.

And I'll definitely keep that in mind, Aldo. There seem to be a lot of ******** up priorities going around lately. We have to delay the funeral because her son made a "prior engagement" to pick his grandson up at college. Um... what? His college is next to my hometown, less than an hour away! I'm sure nobody else could pick him up, like, say HIS OWN FATHER? And we heard his wife in the background literally say "Some people have other priorities." Oh, that's nice. neutral  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

Aeolusis
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:03 pm
I'm sorry for your loss Pyre. Hopefully she went in peace and without much pain.
How old was your great grandmother?

I never really knew my great grandfather because I was too young.
But he was the one that I first walked to when I first learned to walk.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:16 pm
She was 99. She'd been in a lot of pain over the past few years, but over the last few days Hospice had come in and was giving her Morphine, so yes, she went peacefully. My mom was right in the room with her and wasn't entirely certain WHEN she died, so there wasn't any sudden... whatnot or whatever.

Aldo - I finally told her to ******** off. Yay for burning more bridges on Gaia. Pretty soon, I won't have anything left to come back to.  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

A Fatal Fairytale

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:29 pm
You'll always have us, Pyre! mrgreen

/vanishes again  
The United Forums of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games