Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fix Offers On Gaia!

Back to Guilds

This guild was created to help Gaians speak up about the offers. 

Reply Safer Offers
May I remind you that Gaia is a buisiness? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Keiko Dreams

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:32 pm
I'm well aware of the fact that Gaia needs to make money to survive, but I think it's quite clear that they're going about it all wrong. The net result of their "quest for cash" is that site activity is down about 50% from what it was 6 to 8 months ago. In other words, Gaia is dying. By focusing all of their attention on making money they're driving their customers away. Sadly, they don't seem to realize what they're doing wrong. 2010 could easily become Gaia's last year, and that makes me very very sad.

Perhaps we should refocus this guild towards Saving Our Site (Gaia). Management needs to realize that focusing on making the site a great place to hang out is what ultimately makes money, not endless RIGs and $10 EI's.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:55 pm
Yeah, I see what your saying, but I agree with Keiko that they're not approaching it right and it is creating a loss of intrest. Two of my friends on here gave up the ghost because almost ALL of the good items were gotten through GC, and none of us have the money to constantly keep up with the MCs that are really going downhill, the RIGs that come too often and leave too soon, all the expensive EI's that are released before any other EI has finished, and all the other Cash Shop exclusives.

I'm aware that this site needs money, but a barrage of new (and expensive) RIGs and EIs every other week is just impossible to keep up with. If they maybe gave the shops better items, or even just waited a little longer in releasing new items it would make it a lot easier for some of us who can't afford to buy GC. (Plus, if they waited to release that stuff, they wouldn't be running out of ideas so fast... have you noticed that they're running out of original stuff more and more? I don't mind recolors of items, but so many things are the same item with minor differences) Plus, I think that since they're getting so many more sponsors and they've got ads they really shouldn't have to be resorting to sounding so desperate for gold.

Oh, and as for your claim that it helps the site's gold circulation, I kinda have to disagree. There is now a giant rift between the super-expensive GC items and the super cheap normally obtainable items. (There needs to be stuff for middle class gaians like me!) Plus, those things inflate like CRAZY; you can't even earn gold fast enough to keep up with items you want anymore. It kinda makes me sad to think that a new person to Gaia won't be able to get anywhere without doing offers or having to buy tons of GC.  

oegiap

Rainbow Hunter

10,850 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:47 pm
I'm well aware Gaia is a business and I myself am constantly reminding "BAW" ing trolls of that fact but Gaia has started to become annoying with how they shove the EI and RIGs in our faces constantly and spend more time making those than working on events to and such to keep customers attracted to the site, in a sense they are hurting them selves in a vicious spiral. They more EIs and RIGS they make, the more users they lose, the more desperate they get, the more EIs and RIGs they make to compensate.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:26 pm
xena91388
I'm well aware Gaia is a business and I myself am constantly reminding "BAW" ing trolls of that fact but Gaia has started to become annoying with how they shove the EI and RIGs in our faces constantly and spend more time making those than working on events to and such to keep customers attracted to the site, in a sense they are hurting them selves in a vicious spiral. They more EIs and RIGS they make, the more users they lose, the more desperate they get, the more EIs and RIGs they make to compensate.

Exactly right. People don't come to Gaia to spend money. They come here to have fun. The folks running this place need to realize that before it's too late. They way they earn their living is by creating a fun place to hang out. That's what their job is. Thinking their job is to make more and more money from their "customers" can only bring about the downfall of this place.  

Keiko Dreams

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:41 am
User Image
Well, let's face it. No matter how much cash they try to draw out of us it's still legal. They are not forcing anyone and, with the exception of the offers, they are safe.
And don't yell at the recolours. I agree that some of them are tacky - but I still have quite a lot of items that I would like to see in new colours and/or with a few small changes. Mainly the old items tat only came in 3 colours and with a rather cheap pixeling compared to the new items wink

Mind you, if you want to look pretty you can do it in a cheap avatar - depending on your definition of pretty of course. Just turn a blind eye to the 999GC EIs and focus somewhere else.

Obviously, some people are buying the expensive stuff from the CS. They are making gold by selling this stuff in the MP. Supply and demand, as long as someone is buying, gaia will offer and they'll make cash from it.

(that said, I do miss the old events sweatdrop )

User Image

Safer Offers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces