Aiawen

6,300 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Piecatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:15 pm
ShiN J1N
what's an npc?

An NPC is a non-playable character, such as Juan, Luke, and the other main characters first posted on Haus D'Amour.

As for your second question, it'll probably end when the Ball does.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:19 pm
I long to spread my creativity
She walked through the forest, delicately—almost painfully—trying not to touch any of the trees. It was very important she didn’t, or they would know she was there. She had met them at a party last night. Wrapping her shawl tighter, she shivered at the memory…

It was a party, one that involved all the elements every party has: drinking, glamour, love and envy… what was there not to enjoy? Alexandra Do’ mere had her hair down, falling gracefully to her knees. Her dress may be plain, but her looks surely made up for that. Charm was her best quality.
That night, there were newcomers, twins. No one had seen them before. They had seemed to appear out of nowhere. No one would have known they were twins if it weren’t for their identical faces. Otherwise, they were the very opposite.
Their names, she had learned, were Jacob and Donovan. At the time, she was entertaining her suitors with talk of philosophy that none of them replied to. They were too busy capturing her beauty. It was Jacob who rescued her from the dull stares of the ignorant and stole her away to the dance floor.
“I apologize for the abrasiveness, madam, but I could not stand the sight of the spring’s finest rose being held selfishly by fools.” He placed his arm around her waist and lured her into the grace of dancing.
“Well, monsieur, it appears I must thank you twice, once for the rescue and once for the valiant rescue.” She said the last two words almost sarcastically, allowing herself to drown in his embrace. Instantly, she felt a strong attraction to him. He had porcelain skin, pure white hair, and black eyes. He was attractive, his face angular with a strong jaw.
“It was my pleasure, madam,” he replied, “I do not believe I’ve introduced myself, I am Jacob.”
“Your name precedes you. May I ask where you came from?”
He smiled and leaned in her ear, stopping the dance and leaving them intimately close in the middle of the dance floor. Donovan, who had stolen attention of almost every lady in the room, took notice and stared enviously at his brother.
“My dear, I am the essence of good, and love.” A devious look flashed across his eyes. “You have heard the Buddhist Monks speak of Yin and Yang? My dear, I am Yang, and I am completely enthralled by you.” His eyes caught the movement of his brother who was now standing behind Alexandra.
“Brother,” Donovan growled with a tone of envy, “It seems you are saying more than needed to this beautiful soul. I apologize, Miss…?”
“Do’ mere, Alexandra Do’ mere,” She said, absently, her mind still on Jacob’s strange words.
“Dear brother,” Jacob rebutted, “I was simply dancing with Miss Do’ mere.”
“Well, if it was really nothing, then allow me to steal her from you.” Donovan swept Alexandria from Jacob as the next song was just beginning. They merged into the crowd.
“What’s going on?” Alexandra said with watching eyes, searching for a sign of Jacob. She soon, however, looked straight into Donovan’s eyes and was completely captured by their loving gaze. She felt as if she had known this man her whole life.
“My dear, I again apologize for… him.” He looked at her eyes with a bit of roughness and compassion, “Please, don’t stare, you’ll trip if you aren’t watching where you’re going.”
“You’re Yin, aren’t you? The embodiment of everything bad and evil,” she looked down. “I feel like I’ve known you forever.”
“My dear… you
have.” He said quietly, and she believed… and then she heard a voice above his hypnotic whisper.
“Donovan!” Jacob yelled, and the dancers among the dance floor stopped and stared, even James the bartender stopped pouring his drinks. “Stop filling her head with lies! You’ve never met her a second before tonight. You know how she means to me!”
“Jacob, now please, you’re ruining the festivities, not to mention eavesdropping on me. Now, will you have to be sent home, or will you behave like a good boy?” Alexandra stood quietly behind Donovan, watching. Jacob pulled a punch and struck his brother in the head. Alexandra snapped back to reality.
“Stop it! Both of you! Now, I don’t know what going on exactly, but if you’re going to act this way, I suggest both of you…” she struggled with the next statement, “You should both leave at once.” A thousand times she wanted to scream for them to stay. A thousand times she stopped herself.
The two composed themselves. Then, Jacob spoke up. “You must forgive us. You see, we are the embodiments of Yin and Yang, born opposite but with the same fated lover, you.” Donovan continued this speech that explained everything.
“It is our natural instinct to fight each other, and physical violence is normal to us. It’s how we communicate, honestly.”
“Alexandra Do’ mere,” they said in unison, “Fate proceeds to tell us that you will be with one or the other, but you must choose.”
“Tomorrow…” Jacob said.
“… In the forest…” Donovan added.
“… Whenever you’re ready to choose…” they added together before they left.
Everyone at the party was astonished, not saying a word for as much as five minutes. With a sudden turn, she ran to the bathroom… and tried to think.

“And here I am now…” She thought to herself, trying to make as little noise as possible. She had already come, trying to make a decision, five times before. But this time, she knew her choice.
Entering a small opening, she saw them, same as ever. Jacob stood, rested against a tree opposite from the stump Donovan sat on. They both looked at her with contained anxiety. She swallowed hard, took a deep breath, and said, “I’ve chosen,” she thought long and hard about this day and night. “I love... neither of you.”  

ssaki-chann

Empyrean Seeker

8,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Popular Thread 100

carasu-hana

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:07 pm
Wait, are we allowed to use Juan and Luke and those characters without asking?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:27 pm

Luke and Reine hit the ground with a soft thud. The grass was wet and itchy, but Luke didn’t care, his head was spinning, his throat was on fire, and his random outbursts of laughter were making it difficult for him to catch his breath. Reine was laughing too; she scooted closer and breathlessly asked, “How have we never thought to do that before?”

The infamous duo had hid under the bed displays in a department store until after closing and then run around the empty store redressing mannequins and messing up careful displays to their hearts content until a security guard found them repositioning a pair of male mannequins into a compromising, definitely not PG, pose. They had barely made it out unscathed, but it was totally worth it. When he felt as if he could breathe normally he turned to her and grinned and said, “Wait till Juan finds out.”

This sent Reine into another fit of giggles. Something tightened in Luke’s chest. He loved Reine, he did. They were best mates and they did practically everything together, but… God he hated her sometimes. She was so ignorant to everything she had. She quit business school because her parents had pressured her, but at least she had parents. She barely ever talked about her past, about her family, but when she did Luke could tell that part of her missed her siblings, and yes even her pushy parents. Luke only had Juan. He only ever had Juan. Sure, now there was Reine , Rosetta, Vincet, Shizuki, James, and God help him, even Mitsukae (even though she was more Juan’s then she ever would be his) but only Juan truly understood what he went through. After all, he was another Demigod.

That was another thing that Reine had; She had her destiny. She had choice. Luke was bound into service the second he found out he was a Demigod. He did his job or he was punished, he didn’t have any choice in the matter. Reine could go back to her family, she could go back to business school, or she could do a thousand other things with her life. She had so many doors open to her and he only had one.

Sometimes Luke thought about telling Reine these things. He thought of yelling at her to leave, to go back to her family, to live her goddamn life and stop wasting her time screwing around with him. Other times, he thought about just ignoring her, convincing himself that it was better for her that way, but he could never do that. He knew how much abandonment stung. Sometimes, he would wake in the middle of the night and check to make sure Juan was in his own bed asleep and not God-knows-where, working. Juan had often been gone days at time when he had been working nonstop to keep them together.

Luke could never tell Reine to go, though. He’d be too afraid that she’d actually leave.  

carasu-hana

the little madeleine girl

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:43 pm
Aiawen
ShiN J1N
what's an npc?

An NPC is a non-playable character, such as Juan, Luke, and the other main characters first posted on Haus D'Amour.

As for your second question, it'll probably end when the Ball does.
thank you^^  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:10 pm

The lonely little leány* sitting on the chair watched as couples with fiery steps and passionate expressions swept around the room. She was rather easily enchanted by the grown up world and in her little mind, dreamed of herself as a taller and graceful woman, dominating the floor with her gallant partner. She looked quite pretty as she daydreamed, her softly braided hair glowing on either side of her face like elegant sunlight. She had delicate Hungarian-Chinese features, and her celadon green eyes shone with girlish fantasies. She wore a sleeveless, high-necked silvery dress that hugged her slender frame and modest, low-heeled ballet flats. She seemed to be fourteen, at the very least.

"Little miss, it's no fun watching others dance."

She glanced up shyly at the handsome man with tousled black hair, eyes that resembled an emerald's hues, and easy smile. He had fine pale skin, like a woman, and a confident posture. She had seen him speaking with quite a number of the ladies, and sweeping across the floor with a different woman in his arms each time. She was certain that he was speaking to her, for she seemed to be the only little leány in the room tonight.

"I'm rather enjoying it," she answered meekly, looking down at her lap. Her hands were clenched together nervously.

The man laughed. "Wouldn't you prefer to actually dance?" He gently patted the top of her head. "What's your name?"

"Felicia," she responded politely and very shyly. "I haven't danced before and I'd prefer not to-"

"Nonsense," the man interrupted and grabbed her hand. She turned bright pink as he pulled her up and off her chair. He frowned in a way a father would frown at his daughter. "This is a party. You're too young to drink and too old to sit around doing nothing. The least you can do is dance-"

"I'd really rather not-" Felicia said, nearing tears. This was very embarrassing for her. But the man placed his hand on her waist and smacked her hand down on his shoulder. He clasped their remaining hands together and smiled at her flushed face. She looked down at their feet. "I can't-"

"Aren't you just a complainer?" A seductive woman with thick black-rimmed green eyes and unnaturally dyed hair reveled around them, with the host Envy himself. She smirked at Felicia and then looked at her partner in a lofty manner. "You should give up on her, Love. She's just a kitten."

Felicia looked at her partner, worried that he might actually listen to woman, but also surprised by what the woman called him. Love... Felicia thought on it, her eyes widening slowly. The virtue Love? The second host of this party, that Love? He caught her staring at him and smiled softly.

"I didn't get to introduce myself, did I?" He brought her hand to his lips and kissed it softly. He then looked at the woman, his gaze cold and bitter. "Reine, I could care less about what you say but I won't tolerate you insulting my guest."

Envy looked at Love. "Well, aren't you quite the host? You're really watching out for your guests. A bit too much, if I say so. She's pretty young." His gaze drifted to Felicia, who looked distressed by the sudden tense atmosphere. "Don't get too comfortable, kitten. My brother's quite capricious when it comes to girls-"

"Luke," Love said in a dangerous voice. "Enough. Control yourself-"

"What do you mean?" his brother asked in an equally dangerous voice. "I'm acting according to my virtue, dear loving brother. I'm just envious you get to dance with such a charming kitten-"

"Luke," Reine interrupted. She looked irritated. Felicia couldn't help but feel that she was the cause of it. "That's far enough. Leave them alone." Envy smiled coldly at his brother and led Reine through the dance floor.

Love sighed and looked down at Felicia. "Sorry about that."

Felicia shook her head. "It's fine."

There was a pause and he asked, "Do you still want to-"

"Yes, please," she said, surprising him. She looked up at him and smiled. "It'd be embarrassing to give up after that."

Love paused, assessing her with surprise. Felicia studied his hesitation. Even a virtue had problems. But even after that encounter, she sensed that Love really did love Envy, no matter the fact that his brother was his polar opposite. It was just that Envy didn't understand, couldn't see- didn't want to see. Felicia watched as he smiled brightly and kiss her forehead. It wasn't the start of adult love but grateful friendship.

"It would be, wouldn't it?" he agreed and took the first step.  

Oltremare

Yuunai

6,200 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:43 pm

Mitsukai enjoyed the ball to the fullest. All those people dancing happily. She went out into the garden to get some fresh air and look at the glittering snow. After all she loved nature very much. “You seem to have fun.” She turned around abruptly to see a girl with blue hair which turned purple at the ends. Mysterious blue eyes examined Mitsukai while the girl gave her a gentle smile. “Nisha! What are you doing here?” “I just wanted to say goodbye.” Her smile turned sad. Mitsukai stared at Nisha in disbelief. “Why? Where are you going?” Instead of answering Nisha turned to look at the ballroom. “You know, I always envied humans. I wanted to be one of them. Just for him.” “Nisha, what happened?” Mitsukai had a serious look on her face. Her friend was normally rather cold. Only Mitsukai knew her soft side. But some time ago she fell in love with a human. She wanted to become mortal in order to stay with him. But now she was talking about leaving and didn’t seem happy. “I was such a fool. I never should’ve fallen in love.” “What happened?” Tears began to fall from Nisha’s face. “He betrayed me, Mitsukai. He tried to kill me to get my blood. To get immortal. Of course that would never work but…” She stopped. Mitsukai wrapped her arms around Nisha und gave her a warm comforting hug. “Shh, it’s alright.” “Mitsukai? Is something wro-…” A young man in a white suit came out looking confused as he spotted the other girl. “Who might that be?” Hastily Nisha wiped away her tears and stepped back. “I should go now.” “Wait. Please stay. Where are you planning to go to anyway?” Nisha had returned to her old shape. Her eyes were as cold as always. “Since we can’t die and we can’t become mortal unless we receive a kiss from a mortal without selfish motives the only solution left would be the eternal sleep. I can’t betray myself. I’m just running away. Now I envy mortals for their ability to die. If I were mortal I would kill myself. Now I can only try to forget everything.” She wanted to leave but a hand grabbed hers and stopped her. “Wait. Nisha, right? I don’t know what happened but you might as well stay until the ball is over. I’m sure Mitsukai would be happy about that and running away is never the right solution.” Nisha’s eyes examined the man carefully. “Who are you?” “Oh, where are my manners? My name is Juan. I’m one of the hosts.” He bowed and gave her a smile but Nisha only looked at Mitsukai. “A demigod. Are you his guardian angel? Of course you are.” She sighed. She herself had been a guardian angel but her protégé, a human with special powers, betrayed her. It was him she fell in love with. Now he lost his right for protection but Nisha didn’t care about that. “You should change your clothes” Juan suggested. “We have some dresses so we may lend one to you.” Without waiting he grabbed her hand again and pulled her inside. He led her into one of the bedrooms. “These rooms are forbidden to the guests but you can use it to get changed. Just pick one of the dresses and then come out.” He closed the door but Nisha new that he was waiting outside. Just why couldn’t they leave her alone? She opened the wardrobe and quickly chose a dress. It was a beautiful long dress made of flowing white silk that shone silver in the light. It had wide sleeves and left her shoulders free. It was a bit odd to wear heels after always wearing sneakers. “Erm, I’m finished. Is this alright?” She felt a bit insecure and oddly weak. Against her will it made her show her soft side. “It looks great. Now let me take you to the ballroom.” He held out his arm and without thinking Nisha accepted. His presence somehow gave her a warm feeling and made her happy. Juan. His name sounded familiar. But she couldn’t remember. Anything but the last 50 years or so was hazy and unclear. She only knew that her memories had been suppressed because they made her suffer. Sure she couldn’t die but she could suffer and get weak. And then she could be killed.
“Shall we dance?” Before she realized it they had already arrived at the dancehall. Juan held out his hand and after a moment Nisha accepted. They were floating over the parquet as they danced to the flowing music. Nisha couldn’t explain it but she felt as light as a feather and happiness filled her whole body. This felt so right. Again they left the ballroom and stepped out onto the veranda. Mitsukai already went inside to enjoy herself. “So, Nisha. You really forgot me, didn’t you?” A soft smile appeared on his lips. Nisha knew this smile. She tried to remember. Long ago. Right, Mitsukai was afraid of her first. No wonder since she always acted cold. Luke, the younger brother, didn’t know how to talk to her but Juan always smiled and brought her soft side to light. “You… are the personification of love. And we…” she stopped but he nodded. The reason her memories made her suffer was because she lost her true love when the fourteen demigods were imprisoned in the tower. How ironic that she who had sworn to never fall in love fell in love with love itself. A smile crossed her lips as her eyes gazed into his. He moved closer and bent over. Then they were kissing. The snow glittered like diamond shards under the moonlight and the silence of the night wrapped itself around them to hide the couple in her mysterious veil.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:50 pm
Hey guys!
Just to explain: Nisha means night. Because she is like the night cold and mysterious but to those who understand and know her she is warm, caring and a guiding help. It was really hard to get less than 1000 words. I got something with 980 or so. These kind of contest always rises my creativity and there seem to be a lot of other good stories too.
Greetings^^  

Yuunai

6,200 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
  • Brandisher 100

Aiawen

6,300 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Piecatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:31 pm