Reply Ghost In The Shell
Batou and The Major.....lovers? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

necat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:05 am
at the end of the first season i thought so but i would like to think that their love is more of a brother sister kind of love whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:42 am
i dont think i see any kind of relationship happening between them but i dont kno they work kinda close so there might be sparks flyin in the future.

but that would rock if they did get together  

TP-XXIV

I_am_Fooly_Cooly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:20 pm
no way they are lovers. i think that botou likes the major. she knows it two but she is way to hot for him. he's kindof freeky. i think the major is to serios to ever get involved with a co-worker. they are friends but the major wants them to stay just friends. i'm srry but i realy just can't see botou with ANYONE let alone the major.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:41 pm
Even watching the 2nd Gig, you can tell that the Major is still unsure about her own capabilities with a prosthetic body that I really don't think she remotely considers the notion of love with another being unless it is to the point of caring for their well-being.  

LotusIX

[Major_Kusanagi]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:37 pm
Well The Major is a fine lady perhaps there is some attraction on Batou's part....  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:25 am
Batou may care for the Major, but I don't think she'll ever let herself care for him back. It's not worth risking her job for, they're in Sect 9 for a purpose, you can't wreck that for some guy. Even if it is Batou, a good guy who really cares. He's a better asset as a friend than a lover.  

mono_chroma

Cold Lazarus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:39 am
I feel that it is obvious the pair are attracted to each other. They care for each other and look out for one another, and they are probably care for each other more than anyone else.

Here is another thought, and although i don't want to take the topic of discussion too far off track, Batou regularily taunts Motoko about how she should get a male body and why she continues to get female ones. Perhaps Motoko is actually male? This would explain the seemingly intimate relationship she has with her female friends ( i can't think of their name) who appear to be a lesbian couple. If that would be true then perhaps Batou is gay? It would then make it understandable why he would prefer the major in male body. But that is perhaps bit of a stretch.

But it is still plausible that Major Motoko could be male but I do not believe so, or that she is bisexual as some have suggested. The way she acts towards the previously mentioned suspected lesbian couple to me is more like a family love, the way two sisters would love each other or close friends would. As for Motoko and Batau, I definately believe they may love each other deep down inside and they probably both realise this but they know they could never act upon their feelings because the relationship would just never work.

Ok, that's enough from me, back to my homework, *sigh*.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:52 am
Cold Lazarus
Perhaps Motoko is actually male? This would explain the seemingly intimate relationship she has with her female friends ( i can't think of their name) who appear to be a lesbian couple. If that would be true then perhaps Batou is gay? It would then make it understandable why he would prefer the major in male body. But that is perhaps bit of a stretch.

No, Motoko is a female, you find that out for sure in 2nd GIG when you hear about her past.
However, after watching the making of Ghost in the Shell 2 Innocence, I'm glad to say that they are indeed attracted to one another, whether it is only in the movies or what, I don't know.

Don't believe me? Watch it for yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJYcrhWF0N4

It mentions that even though Batou does love her deeply, their relationship can never take off because in reality, they are only brains. (That's the only human part they have left) So, how mushy can a relationship get if all you have is a brain? As for Motoko, because it never explains her part in the relationship, I think there is something there but she doesn't want to admit it. She believes in that thin line between her personal life and work.
And that's my theory. Hah, the end.  

Setno
Crew

mono_chroma

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:22 pm
They care about each other. Obviously. That arguement's over. But was it love, friendship, or what?

But, their relationship was never really about sex, or any attraction having to do with that. It was always more. They cared for each other's minds. Not their bodies. This is evidenced in the first movie pretty well. But, at the end of the Second Gig they almost did do "a little something". So what's going on?! I don't know. No one knows. We may find out in SSS. I, personally, can't wait to see SSS.

And btw,

MOTOKO IS A WOMAN! WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!

Your theory has been taken toooooo far. She's female, and human. Deal.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:50 pm
Madlax-Chan
The1Joebob
ha
ha
ga
...no
if you were in the military, you might care about your major
these people only care about thair team and themselves
and baout is not hitting motoko if htat's what you ar implying

Well, yeah, I can understand that part. But, I mean there are alot of signs throughout GITS: Stand Alone Complex that actually hints at a romantic relationship between the two. This isn't really evidence or antyhing, but the last episode of GITS, Batou pressed Motoko into a wall to hide from the spotlight of the chopper that was looking for them. He also returned Motoko's treasured watch. I thought it was sweet of him. It just further proves that the Big Guy does have a heart!

I've been getting that hint also.  

dragon3025

bigguppies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:21 pm
Well I don't know if this is much proof, but in episode 12 (the one were the major goes into that box and see the movie thing) at the end batou asks Motoko to go to a movie with him. sweatdrop That may not help much....  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:48 pm
bigguppies
Well I don't know if this is much proof, but in episode 12 (the one were the major goes into that box and see the movie thing) at the end batou asks Motoko to go to a movie with him. sweatdrop That may not help much....

Um... I didn't see that one. That's evidence. I want details now. DARN YOU! You've made me interested. Now I have to find that ep. I'll be up til 3 in the freaking morning. DARN YOU! Jk. heart  

mono_chroma

bigguppies

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:42 pm
mono_chroma
bigguppies

Um... I didn't see that one. That's evidence. I want details now. DARN YOU! You've made me interested. Now I have to find that ep. I'll be up til 3 in the freaking morning. DARN YOU! Jk. heart
^_^ hehe it is at the very end of the episode so that should make it easier for you to find whee

Oh I also have a interesting question. (I was getting into this idea of the major and batou) So in The episode were batou goes to that one boxing guys gym and fights him but looses and then he pretends to be friends with him. When he is sitting in the bar at a table with the boxing chapion the boxing guy spills some alchohol on the table and asks batou to go get a towl to clean it up. But while batou is gone the boxing guy looks in batous wallet to see who he is and find out that he is section 9. But in the wallet you see a picture of batou holding a kid on his sholder and a women with purple hair (like the majors) next to him. Is this women in the picture the major? Batou also said that he had a wife (but I think that that was a lie)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:36 pm
I haven't seen that one. crying WAH! I haven't seen most of the first gig, either. I've been watching on youtube. If you have episodes of GITS... please, for the love of my frigging sanity... upload them or I'll go mad!

If you do upload some, you'll be in my signature FOREVER! And I'll love you till the day I die!  

mono_chroma

bigguppies

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:13 pm
mono_chroma
I haven't seen that one. crying WAH! I haven't seen most of the first gig, either. I've been watching on youtube. If you have episodes of GITS... please, for the love of my frigging sanity... upload them or I'll go mad!

If you do upload some, you'll be in my signature FOREVER! And I'll love you till the day I die!
sad im sorry i would totaly upload them but i have them on DVD...But i will try to find a way to get them on there for you! ILL USE MY LAUGHING MAN HACKING SKILLS!  
Ghost In The Shell

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff