Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Forums of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Tags: general, discussion, chat, hangout, intelligent 

Reply The United Forums of Gaia
The Venting Junkyard Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aldo

Vicious Warlord

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:19 pm
Hey Pasta
I hate that there's an unofficial time-limit on showers in this house. ******** that. I don't need you banging on the door after ten minutes telling my my shower is too long.
Wow some people just have too much time on their hands. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:44 pm
I want to go to school for cultural anthropology and art history. in b4 "useless degrees". I spent the greater part of last night and this morning debating that with myself.  

Prince Reddy

Romantic Reveler

Aeolusis
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:07 pm
Hey Pasta
I hate that there's an unofficial time-limit on showers in this house. ******** that. I don't need you banging on the door after ten minutes telling my my shower is too long.

Wow, that's just messed up. Ten minutes is not enough time to take a shower.

For me I have a time limit but it's a personal time limit only and it's 15 minutes. Then 5 to 7 minutes to get dressed, so 20 to 22 minutes to get out of the bathroom.
To whomever is banging on the door to finish you're shower Jenny, I say for you to say "******** off".

OMG, I was asked out on a date!! whee heart I feel like a giddy little school girl right now. heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:32 pm
Yeah, except she's a friend and her father is my landlord, so that really wouldn't go over well.

Our water bill has apparently been really high and her dad is threatening to make us pay it, but from what she was telling me it seems pretty average for a house with four people who shower regularly. *shrug* Her dad just seems to like complaining about money.

Hey Pasta

Shameless Genius

9,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hive Mind 200

Wolffy000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:21 pm
Hey Pasta
Yeah, except she's a friend and her father is my landlord, so that really wouldn't go over well.

Our water bill has apparently been really high and her dad is threatening to make us pay it, but from what she was telling me it seems pretty average for a house with four people who shower regularly. *shrug* Her dad just seems to like complaining about money.

Perhaps suggest other water saving methods? I know there are a ton of them, so if he really wants to cut down the bill then why not?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:52 pm
Wolffy000
Perhaps suggest other water saving methods? I know there are a ton of them, so if he really wants to cut down the bill then why not?

Heaven forbid we should turn off the hot tub, though, or stop using the dishwasher EVERY DAY and wash them by hand, or each do big loads of laundry once every couple weeks rather than small ones every week, or anything like that. THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE WATER IS SHORTER SHOWERS. OBVIOUSLY. D: /heavysarcasm

Yeah, I tried suggesting that. It didn't go over well. I'm also apparently one of the few people in the world who hates dishwashers and would rather do them all by hand.

Hey Pasta

Shameless Genius

9,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hive Mind 200

Jahoclave

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:01 pm
reddy2bplayd
I want to go to school for cultural anthropology and art history. in b4 "useless degrees". I spent the greater part of last night and this morning debating that with myself.

My university has the largest business college in the state. You were saying something about 'useless degrees' again?

At least you'll have actual training in a subject matter and a knowledge set outside of, the same skills everybody already has. Newsflash, middle management ain't that ******** hard.

Hey Pasta

Give her a map to the ocean and tell her to quite her bitchin.

Aeolusis

OMG, I was asked out on a date!! whee heart I feel like a giddy little school girl right now. heart heart heart

Congratulations, I blame Obama--I've decided to start blaming everything that he has absolutely nothing to do with on him. I also have a theory that the universe is breaking down.

And hopefully the universe will continue to fail and I'll have a pleasant day tomorrow as well. I mean, it's been six years and I'm not the Cubs, I think I'm due for a little bit of success for once.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:11 pm
@Jenny: Yeah, the piss ******** off thing wouldn't work in that situation. sweatdrop

Jaho: Thanks....I think. I just like the fact that I'm the chick in this situation and I didn't have to be the one to ask since I fail in asking people out. redface  

Aeolusis
Crew

Prince Reddy

Romantic Reveler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:00 pm
Jahoclave
reddy2bplayd

My university has the largest business college in the state. You were saying something about 'useless degrees' again?

At least you'll have actual training in a subject matter and a knowledge set outside of, the same skills everybody already has. Newsflash, middle management ain't that ******** hard.

I've been told so many times already how useless what I want to do is. I'm not sure why anthropology is so useless. And it's not like it matters to me whether or not I'm going to be a millionaire after I graduate. I'm studying what I want to study because it's something I'm passionate about. Isn't that supposed to be the point of higher learning? ):

And you're right...there's a serious oversaturation of business degrees, graphic design degrees, computer science degress, etc. There are going to be more people than there are jobs available in those fields of work. ):

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:06 pm
reddy2bplayd
Jahoclave
reddy2bplayd

I've been told so many times already how useless what I want to do is. I'm not sure why anthropology is so useless. And it's not like it matters to me whether or not I'm going to be a millionaire after I graduate. I'm studying what I want to study because it's something I'm passionate about. Isn't that supposed to be the point of higher learning? ):

And you're right...there's a serious oversaturation of business degrees, graphic design degrees, computer science degress, etc. There are going to be more people than there are jobs available in those fields of work. ):

Honestly, if you want to go into business, get an English degree. You'll be much better at critical thinking and have better writing skills.

I think the think with anthro, much in the same as a lot of the humanities, is that they're really, if you going to do a job directly related to the field, academic degrees. But anthropology is really not all that useless, especially in context of multinational corporations that have to deal with multiple cultures.

Well, I sent her a facebook message since she had to go to work before the meeting was over. I mean, it's rather hard to actually ask somebody out in front of your ex. On the other hand, she did tie my shoe for me. smile  

Jahoclave

Wolffy000

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:56 pm
Jahoclave
Well, I sent her a facebook message since she had to go to work before the meeting was over. I mean, it's rather hard to actually ask somebody out in front of your ex. On the other hand, she did tie my shoe for me. smile

Given that, I wouldn't care about ******** her in front of my ex. But I suppose thats just me.

I'd like to say it was a bad day, blowing $45 on a video card I can't even use. But it really doesn't feel that bad after all, so I suppose it wasn't.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:09 pm
My ASL class was canceled tonight, so I stayed in the HILB(student center) playing Yugioh with a bunch of friends from 6 until 8:30 around 8:30 we moved the tables where they had to be at when the hilb closes which is fine.
Now I go for a chair and try to run and push it. I almost make it but the front legs got caught and I started falling, the chair fell first, I used the chair to brace myself, and fell nicely.
Now I have a blood blister on my ring finger on my right hand and a scrape on my right shin. What's worst is my legs are hairy right now and it's going to suck.
Oh and cleaned it my leg with rubbing alcohol, ******** nice!!

Epic fail, and my friend Benny would say ******** my life. Lawls!! XD  

Aeolusis
Crew

Hey Pasta

Shameless Genius

9,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:17 am
Nothing like shopping with someone who's a size 3 and realizing you have to go up a size to an 11 to fit pants over your a** to make you feel great about yourself.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:11 am
Anthropology's roots in colonialism make me feel uncomfortable. What is so intrinsically different about 'dem brown people in the bush bush' that they require a different field of study?

I'd pick sociology over anthropology any day. At least you'll be relevant in urban settings and there are enough opportunities to do research on non-white people there as well.  

Aldo

Vicious Warlord

Prince Reddy

Romantic Reveler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:18 am
Aldo
Anthropology's roots in colonialism make me feel uncomfortable. What is so intrinsically different about 'dem brown people in the bush bush' that they require a different field of study?

I'd pick sociology over anthropology any day. At least you'll be relevant in urban settings and there are enough opportunities to do research on non-white people there as well.

Different cultures doesn't just mean white people vs. da darkies. There are subcultures within races. Not all white people are the same, not all black people are the same, not all asians are the same, etc.

I don't see what's racist about being interested in how cultures differ from each other or why it automatically has to come down to whites as opposed to blacks or any other race.

I'm interested in the world as a whole and all the people in it. I'm interested in their backgrounds and their history. I'm interested in their customs and their languages. I'm interested in their art and their beliefs. I'm interested in all of it, and I don't look at it as just "what's different between group a and group b".

The United Forums of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games