Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Forums of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Tags: general, discussion, chat, hangout, intelligent 

Reply The United Forums of Gaia
The Venting Junkyard Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hey Pasta

Shameless Genius

9,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:21 pm
We sell 3D TVs at work...they're ridiculously expensive, and depending on which kind of 3D it is the glasses are ridiculously expensive, too. Not worth it to me.

There is one that converts regular movies into 3D. It looks kind of crappy, though.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:13 pm
For anyone interested in and wanting to role play my friend is hosting a roleplay, and I'll be playing in it as well.
If you're in playing, follow the link below, and when you PM LittleLolita13 tell her I(Thomas) sent you.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/barton-ooc/legacy-of-the-crystal-ooc-recruiting-semi-literates/t.61833413/  

Aeolusis
Crew

kerminatrix

O.G. Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:54 pm
oh dad, you loon, why do you think anyone would know the country codes for various southeast asian nations offhand? and by "anyone" i mean me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:56 pm
kerminatrix
oh dad, you loon, why do you think anyone would know the country codes for various southeast asian nations offhand? and by "anyone" i mean me.

Because if you're like me you'll make him think you're a genius by looking it up on google and pretending you knew it off-hand.  

Jahoclave

Hey Pasta

Shameless Genius

9,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:26 pm
Aggggh now I smell like vinegar. =(

But on the bright side, the bathroom is clean.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:48 pm
http://www.flowbee.com/

You mean this is NOT a joke?! gonk xd  

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

Jahoclave

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:51 pm
Sevi Rais
http://www.flowbee.com/

You mean this is NOT a joke?! gonk xd

Especially since the technology to give yourself a buzz cut has existed for quite some time.

Also, I feel weird and vaguely uncomfortable.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:17 pm
No, my dad had one of those when I was a kid. Well, back then it was just something you hooked up to a vacuum extension of a normal vacuum cleaner. It actually worked pretty well for what it was.

And yeah, companies are trying to push 3D as the next big thing this generation. Movies are seeing the big surge of course, but CES had a lot of people trying to hype the televisions too. And of course the next DS is 3D, though without the glasses.

Honestly, I don't really see it being a huge thing. It feels gimmicky to me, and if you can't eliminate the headaches, or the glasses, or the fact that some people simply can't see 3D then you're eliminating a lot of customers. Not to mention the price barrier.

And then what is it going to be used for? 3D Cspan?  

Wolffy000

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:41 pm
3D CSPAN! gonk heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:55 pm
Wolffy000
No, my dad had one of those when I was a kid. Well, back then it was just something you hooked up to a vacuum extension of a normal vacuum cleaner. It actually worked pretty well for what it was.

No wonder you hate cutting your hair.  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

Wolffy000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:20 pm
Lady Pyre
Wolffy000

No wonder you hate cutting your hair.

I think I used it all of once, maybe twice. It wasn't actually that bad, and it really doesn't cut your hair all that short. At least, no shorter than most guys would cut their hair anyway. Plus, it actually feels kind of nice.

But then again, it's nothing a pair of scissors and a comb won't do.

And I don't really hate cutting my hair, I just look terrible with short hair.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:49 pm
I personally don't mind having short hair....but... I look better with long hair, I get complemented more for my long hair, all the girls that I know love my hair, and they love to play with it.
But what's more is I love having my hair played with and styled.

So the long hair is staying, and growing out longer but only to the point where I can't stand it because it causes headaches.  

Aeolusis
Crew

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:39 am
I actually think short hair would suit my face better. And my hair is too ridiculously long to really style at all, so I'd have to cut it to even get a curl going. But I'm just afraid to cut it. Not so much the actual cutting, but I'm afraid I'm gonna freak out or something if I wake up in the middle of the night without my hair trying to strangle me and forget it's not there anymore or something... I'm just so used to the weight of it down my back. I know I hate wearing up-does because they feel so strange, so not having the option to take it back down.... ick ick ick.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:52 am
Yeah don't just chop it off if you're going to try a shorter hair style.
I remember the first time I grew out my hair and chopped it off to appease my mom for our family reunion it took me a long time to get used to it. Especially for washing it. The first time that I washed it I had used my normal amount of shampoo and it was too much for the new length, it was extremely shocking.

I know what you mean though about waking up in the middle of the night and not getting strangled by your hair. I don't have long enough yet to get strangled by it but I do get yanked by it, and the wonderful bit of eating my hair when I'm trying to sleep.
So annoying but something I would freak about if I went short over night.

If you do cut your hair Pyre go gradually, nothing more than a single digit amount of length. Get used to it, then try for something gradually shorter, and so on until you get to what you want.  

Aeolusis
Crew

Hey Pasta

Shameless Genius

9,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:00 pm
I think you'd look really good with short hair, Pyre. =) The biggest concern I'd have though is if you really didn't like it, it'd take ages to grow back to where it's at now - if I remember correctly you have reeeaaally long hair. So yeah, I'd start off by just cutting like five or six inches off and seeing how much you like it.

Oddly enough I just got my hair cut this morning and was going to post about how much I love it, and then everyone's discussing haircuts. Yay for being on-topic!

...I just want to go frolic around and show off my hair to everyone. I love it so much. <3

The United Forums of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games