Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Forums of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Tags: general, discussion, chat, hangout, intelligent 

Reply The United Forums of Gaia
The Venting Junkyard Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aeolusis
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:29 pm
Lady Pyre
Eegads. Everything from this new RIG is so expensive. What? Are there only, like, 4 common items other than the banners?

I really want the sable monoarch and Illyncia's Honor. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiinies.

I know it pisses me off. I want the banners and Illyncia's Honor. It reminds me so much of my current hairstyle. And it's the only hair gaia has ever had that has come close to having similar hair.

xD I was just teasing with the Haji thing though.

The game is rather lousy and doesn't hold my interest to play it more then once.
I found it funny when Edmund had made an elixir the was supposed to increase immunity to diseases an had the result as I quote it.
"The elixir reverses the gender of your crewmembers for a day.
The first few hours are lost as you explore your bodies." Perverted humour, classic. lol  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:33 pm
Wolffy000

Louie's usefulness tapers off since you don't have any high yield animals after the forest; but it means you can exchange your starting food for more bullets and get you maximum load at a potentially lower cost. And lower luck will ******** you over in the long run, but it's kind of a small penalty compared to lower health or using more food.

Carl is fun just for the fact that you'll probably get people killed in random events just after you start, like from the moth. It's also fun to try and hunt elk when using Carl.

I just wish it was a better game, really. I like Oregon Trail, so I guess I sort of had my hopes up.

I dunno. I think low luck is probably one of the worst, seeing as how the outcome of so many events is based on it. You can pick the same option for an event, and have drastically different results, depending.

For example, the rope that says "do not pull." I pulled it with bad luck and had a cow crash through my ship and slow me down. With good luck, it ruined some guy's display of "sky fruit" and I got 25 food.

Sam is the one with low health and I've been having the best run with her so far. I'm almost to the Demigod, and I only just lost my first crew member. Stupid moth.

And I never really liked Oregon Trail, so I'm mostly just enjoying the dialogue.  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

Aldo

Vicious Warlord

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:17 am
noooo not another RIG D:

I like the oregon spoof thing so far. Then again, I've never played Oregon Trail.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:40 am
Lady Pyre
I dunno. I think low luck is probably one of the worst, seeing as how the outcome of so many events is based on it. You can pick the same option for an event, and have drastically different results, depending.

For example, the rope that says "do not pull." I pulled it with bad luck and had a cow crash through my ship and slow me down. With good luck, it ruined some guy's display of "sky fruit" and I got 25 food.

Sam is the one with low health and I've been having the best run with her so far. I'm almost to the Demigod, and I only just lost my first crew member. Stupid moth.

And I never really liked Oregon Trail, so I'm mostly just enjoying the dialogue.

Low Luck can be the worst, but you can manipulate it a bit to work in your favor. I know with Carl (and maybe with Louie) there is a bug where if you save and exit it resets their luck to "average" instead of their normal starting luck. Or it will let it fall only to "0" instead of whatever negative they normally start at. Which makes it easier to deal with than any of the others. Then you just skip any non-guaranteed good result events that you can.  

Wolffy000

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:50 am
Wolffy000

Low Luck can be the worst, but you can manipulate it a bit to work in your favor. I know with Carl (and maybe with Louie) there is a bug where if you save and exit it resets their luck to "average" instead of their normal starting luck. Or it will let it fall only to "0" instead of whatever negative they normally start at. Which makes it easier to deal with than any of the others. Then you just skip any non-guaranteed good result events that you can.

I didn't know about that bug. Maybe that's why I got so unlucky with Louie toward the end, since the game froze and I had to save and exit. Before that, I'd actually managed to get him up to "slightly lucky" by choosing the options that granted luck in random events. (Like feeding that litterer to a man-eating plant. Heh.)

Edit: Godammit. I was killing deer to see what Carl's death message would be. It took three hunting trips, since no deer would show up. And then when I finally killed a few, the message only showed for, like, half a second before switching to the Game Over screen. I didn't even get to read it. I don't suppose anyone has a screencap from before they "fixed" the death glitch? crying  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:08 pm
I just mean it resets the value that their luck falls to; not what it is. Luck decreases over time anyway, but Louie starts off with -10 I think, and Carl -20 or so. It just makes it so it'll taper off to 0 instead of -10/20 like it normally would.

And I don't remember what the message is, or I would tell you.  

Wolffy000

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:36 pm
Wolffy000

And I don't remember what the message is, or I would tell you.

S'ok. Somebody in the Frontier Skies forum posted a screenie for me.

I knew I should have abandoned that game with Carl while I was still in the forset. I just did not have any luck hunting. I kept getting nothing but stags (which, ironically, I could not find when I was trying to suicide) and missing most of what else there was. Instead, I kept going and lost right as I was about 100 miles from the finish. It might have helped if my damned hunt didn't take me back to the desert after it informed me I had passed into the ocean. Oh. And if Carl didn't eat the last of mu bullets.

Ironically, I got the highest hunting score ever while on that trip. It was just downhill from there.

Edit: I lost right after the vampire ship again with Carl. If I hadn't wasted my last two bullets, I think I might have made it. But I kept waiting and waiting for a grunny that never came, so with less than half the clock left, I went for a penguin. Missed the second shot. And of course the grunny appeared right after. -.-

Edit 2: Third time is the charm. Now for the mule.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:42 pm
Aeolusis
Lady Pyre
Eegads. Everything from this new RIG is so expensive. What? Are there only, like, 4 common items other than the banners?

I really want the sable monoarch and Illyncia's Honor. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiinies.

I know it pisses me off. I want the banners and Illyncia's Honor. It reminds me so much of my current hairstyle. And it's the only hair gaia has ever had that has come close to having similar hair.

I don't think it's even a shortage of items - I think people are just being greedy. There's a good two pages of sable monarchs, yet they're all 1.8 mil or above. Maybe I should just open a final reign and play it.  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:36 pm
Hey Pasta
Yaaaaay Disneyland in a week!
I heard they're charging more for admission now. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:15 pm
Sevi Rais
Hey Pasta

They always do - their prices go up all the time. *shrug* I finally got one of the passports since I live close enough now to go more than just once a year, so hopefully I actually take advantage of it and remember to go. ;p  

Hey Pasta

Shameless Genius

9,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hive Mind 200

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:00 am
Hey Pasta
Sevi Rais
Hey Pasta

They always do - their prices go up all the time. *shrug* I finally got one of the passports since I live close enough now to go more than just once a year, so hopefully I actually take advantage of it and remember to go. ;p
Save up and go to Universal Studios instead during October. <3  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:00 pm
******** you, Duzell. Just ******** you. I was trying for a high score with Louie, but bad things keep happening to Duzell. My entire crew is at healthy, but him, and I have to keep resting. I still figured he was worth the bonus at the end, but no. The ******** is going to die 200 miles from the finish because somebody stole the last of my food that I would have had enough of if I had let the ******** starve to death LEAGUES ago. Ugh. Now I'm gonna lose the game, if I don't find food or ammo fast.

Edit: Yep, he's dead. And the entire rest of my crew gets hysterical pregnancy at once?

Edit 2: Game over 140 miles from finish. Godammit, Duzell. I'm taking Jean-Claude next time!  

Lord Pyre

Aeolusis
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:08 pm
I was 30 ******** MILES AWAY from the FINISH when my last guy DIED!! ******** GAME SUCKS!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:15 pm
I'm feeling the love you all have for that game. O.o  

Benisato

The United Forums of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games