Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Forums of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Tags: general, discussion, chat, hangout, intelligent 

Reply The United Forums of Gaia
The Venting Junkyard Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xanilus

Elder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:56 pm
TMNT: Turtles Forever came out on DVD on Tuesday and NO ONE TOLD ME?!? User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:16 pm
Benisato
Lady Pyre
Well, I got some of the corner bookshelf cleaned up. I think I got more dust on my pants than the swiffer cloth, though. *peels them off and throws them in the hamper* sad

I think I need some advice on selling old letters, too. Should I make a topic in the Exchange or list it in the MP? I mean, nobody but collectors really gives a s**t about those and I doubt anyone would buy it with pure. But the MP would probably get it seen more so I'd get PM's and stuff. Of course, the PM's would probably be bullshit offers, begging, or asking me what it even is... sooooo... Seems like selling is almost more trouble than it would be worth.

I'm trying to sell one of my older letter and not much so far... but hey, I'm patient.

It's not the waiting I'm worried about. God knows I've held onto the things long enough. It's more people spamming my inbox. I remember being the first person to put up a maritol pendant when it got added to the luck chest. I got spammed with so much s**t that I took the first serious offer - it didn't hurt that it was composed of two items I really wanted at the time, but still. I really don't like random PM's.  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

Hey Pasta

Shameless Genius

9,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:31 pm
And there went my evening. That was stupid.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:08 pm
Lady Pyre
Benisato
Lady Pyre
Well, I got some of the corner bookshelf cleaned up. I think I got more dust on my pants than the swiffer cloth, though. *peels them off and throws them in the hamper* sad

I think I need some advice on selling old letters, too. Should I make a topic in the Exchange or list it in the MP? I mean, nobody but collectors really gives a s**t about those and I doubt anyone would buy it with pure. But the MP would probably get it seen more so I'd get PM's and stuff. Of course, the PM's would probably be bullshit offers, begging, or asking me what it even is... sooooo... Seems like selling is almost more trouble than it would be worth.

I'm trying to sell one of my older letter and not much so far... but hey, I'm patient.

It's not the waiting I'm worried about. God knows I've held onto the things long enough. It's more people spamming my inbox. I remember being the first person to put up a maritol pendant when it got added to the luck chest. I got spammed with so much s**t that I took the first serious offer - it didn't hurt that it was composed of two items I really wanted at the time, but still. I really don't like random PM's.

So far, I've been left alone with the obnoxious PM's. Even in the Marketplace. I'm worried that it wont sell tho. =/

I still recall when I've got Fairy Wings for free and that I traded it in the Trade forum (which was horrendous) I had to siph through many offers and many tells.

I guess it really depends upon which item you're selling.  

Benisato

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:44 pm
Man, that Pistolera looks awesome. I should get it. srsly  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:13 pm
You know, the more Secret Retreat evolves, the more I'm convinced it's based on this one hentai anime. Can't think of the name, though. A little help, Wolffy? rofl  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

Aldo

Vicious Warlord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:51 am
Unless you only want gold and nothing else the trade forum is your best bet to get rid of expensive items. You'll just have to bump a lot (which I hate) and be patient for some of the richer players to see your topic and come up with reasonable offers. I also make a point out of checking with the Wanted forum, although most folks in there are cheapskates it is usually possible to get some reasonable offers in.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:04 am
Lady Pyre
You know, the more Secret Retreat evolves, the more I'm convinced it's based on this one hentai anime. Can't think of the name, though. A little help, Wolffy? rofl

It looks like every hentai anime that isn't medieval girls being tentacle raped. All 4 of them.

Lets just say it's Bible Black. It's always Bible Black.  

Wolffy000

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:26 pm
Went to the Santa Monica Pier today. The beach killed my face. crying

Slept too. Beaches make me sleepy. I love beaches! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:31 pm
Aldo - Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. I did a search the other day and found an old exchanger bumping a topic selling old letters. It was about 30 pages of "Nah, I don't want to sell for that." I hate those topics, but at the same time, I wouldn't have sold for it either. I don't know if I should even make a topic, seeing as I'm not sure what the hell a good price is. I'm getting the feeling I expect more for it than anyone would pay, and I really don't want to come across as one of "those people." But, at the same time, I'm not gonna sell something that's been in my inventory for 6 years for less than I want to, regardless of going price. The way inflation is, my expectations will reach going price eventually, anyways.

Wolffy - I dunno why that made me laugh so hard. Probably because it's true. I was actually going to describe the one I was thinking of as "Bible Black at some hotel/resort instead of a high school."  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

Benisato

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:34 pm
Nice, I've got a PM from someone who wants my letter 200k less than the selling price I've set which is not to bad when the thing worths 7-8 million.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:40 pm
This class is going to give me an ulcer before even the first day. Why, oh why, did I take creative writing? crying  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

Aeolusis
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:16 am
Lady Pyre
This class is going to give me an ulcer before even the first day. Why, oh why, did I take creative writing? crying

Cause it's a requirement. Well it is for me, and my major. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:25 am
Aeolusis
Lady Pyre

Cause it's a requirement. Well it is for me, and my major. sweatdrop

I could have taken The History of the English Language, or any number of courses, instead. It's just that they aren't available at our campus, this semester...

I took it because my favorite professor is teaching it. But that just makes it all the worse when I suck giant goat balls. Oh god, there is so much stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuff. gonk

I think I'm going moderately insane. I was pretty sure I knew where my class was, but checked anyways on the way to the bookstore. Yup. The room is where I thought it was. On the way back from the bookstore, I head for the class, only to see one of the math professors go in right ahead of me. Eh? Well, maybe they changed the room at the last second like they so love to do. So I walked down to the postings outside the main office and checked. Nope. Still in the same room. So I walked back to the class thinking maybe the math prof had just had a class in there and went back because he forgot something. Nope - he's setting up a projector and everything. So I go back to the office and ask the receptionist just where the hell my class is supposed to be, since I've checked that I have the right room number a million times, but every time I go back, the math guy is there. She said I have the right room and she'll send someone down to sort out the issue. So I go back to the room, again, but this time the door is closed, my English teacher is in the room, and class has already started. I KNOW I did not go to the same wrong room twice in a row and then magically hit the right one. Did I? Agh. I just can't make any sense of it.

I thought maybe they double-booked the room and the math teacher just went in to tell the people from his class who were in the wrong place the right place, but he wouldn't set up a projector to do that. And my professor acted like there wasn't ever an entire math class in the English room, so... agh. I have no idea what happened. Other than I managed to be late to my first class, even though I was there a good half hour early. And exhausted from walking around in circles, to boot.  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:43 pm
That's sad that the world is so against you, Pyre, but it's also kinda like this Twilight Zone time warp. xd It reminds me of when I walked my dog in this neighborhood across the street from mine and everything was different -- the houses, the lawns and driveways. Even the mailboxes were black. Wow, black mailboxes. @_____@

I took a creative writing class and I liked it. We were a good class. Aw, I miss them. D:  
The United Forums of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games