Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Forums of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Tags: general, discussion, chat, hangout, intelligent 

Reply The United Forums of Gaia
The Venting Junkyard Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:10 pm
We miss you Aivi. Come back to us! crying Ah, well. I'm sure she's busy kicking off her long and prosperous career as a composer of video game music. biggrin

And damn... I swear Khan is allergic to the States. He had a cold when I saw Kamelot in Cleveland a few years back, and now, with their latest North American tour less than a week from starting, he gets so sick he has to go home to Norway. I hope it's nothing serious, but... Well, it just doesn't sound good that he actually had to go home, because when I saw Kam, he worked his a** off to sing through that chest cold. sad

The stand-in they got sound remarkably similar, though. Ah. I can't wait. Just one week for the new album! And I ordered it through Amazon Prime, so with any luck, it will be here before the release date. *crosses fingers*  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:14 am
Yeah, Aivi has been extremely busy with life last time I talked to her. But I'll leave a message for Aivi on facebook for you Pyre and Sevi saying for Aivi to at least try and make a stop in here.  

Aeolusis
Crew

Kozray
Crew

Bloblike Blob

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:22 am
I hate working retail, in apparel, on the last weekend before back to school. Someone save me. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:17 pm
Yeah! Week-end break! Oh well, I'll relax.  

Benisato

Hey Pasta

Shameless Genius

9,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:45 pm
Agh, I should just do the gender swap thing if I can get the potions free.

I am so so so glad I have a day off tomorrow. x.x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:56 pm
Sooooooooooo, I remember a while back we were talking about voice actors and crap, and I just thought this was a pretty interesting clip with Crispin Freeman. He was doing a panel for Hellsing and somebody wanted to know how he felt about other series that play with the vampire archetype. Interesting stuff. He actually mentions a few things I didn't even know. For example, I know the whole burning in sunlight thing wasn't originally part of the vampire legend, but I was never quite sure when or how it was added in - but Crispin does. Also some stuff about Tolkein, although I'm not really sure how it got around to that. I guess just the whole, "If you're going to ******** with mythology, do it right" thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbMh742lsck

"Vampires with chastity belts" indeed. xd  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:40 pm
Yay for Ryo. heart

Oh cool, a lot of neat random stuff in that Freeman episode. "So he's a superhero without any powers .... okay, we call those cops." XD

Pasta: I just sucked it up and did it. Got 2 gender potions for 45.5k in the MP. I pretty much recovered my losses today actually. But I had a lot to sell anyway so.... @_____@ If you can get it for free then do it, yeah. Just sucks that you get the gayest avatar ever from it. XD

I ate so much today. I hate this time of the month. crying  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:19 pm
Yeah, I just used up my free ones. As luck would have it, the achievements forum was filled with clambake threads and no sausagefest threads, of course...but I got it taken care of. Now I just need to figure out a good time to post the invisibility thread.

Doing Rosetta Stone when half asleep is probably not one of my better ideas. I mumble too much.

Hey Pasta

Shameless Genius

9,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hive Mind 200

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:38 pm
*looks at clock* Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I should be in bed. Damn you, youtube. Again.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:14 am
Pasta: I just kept posting threads over and over in CB until I got it.  

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

Hey Pasta

Shameless Genius

9,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:43 am
Sevi Rais
Pasta: I just kept posting threads over and over in CB until I got it.

Yeah, that's the plan. I figure if I post one late at night on a weekday when all the little kiddies are in bed, it'll be a little easier. *shrug*

I'm so glad his family is back in town and wants to have lunch today. I missed them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:57 pm
It's kinda better if you post it when a lot of people are there but I could be wrong. I posted it in the middle of the day (my friend said he did the same and it worked the first time). But it could work at midnight or something. Not sure. What else do you need? I'm trying to get Megathread. I got Mark Twain today! biggrin  

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:59 pm
******** you, HP. Just... ******** you.

So I was setting up the new printer and everything was going fine. I was on the very last step and installing the software on my computer, when I noticed something. I have no USB cable to connect the two. WTF? I searched and searched through all of the little baggies again to make sure I didn't miss something. Couldn't find it. Then I checked the contents list, which didn't mention it. Then I check the box... and it has in big letters "USB cable not included." What. The. ********. Who DOES that? They gave me printer cartridges, but no USB cable? That doesn't even make any sense!

So now I'm going to have to put my paper on my flash drive and get up an hour early, even though I haven't been sleeping for s**t, to go print out copies at the library because HP likes to ******** with their customers and not include everything you need for set up. And it's too late to go buy a USB cable in this hillbilly ********. It. All.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:08 pm
*Browses at the new achivements* eek  

Benisato

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:53 pm
Lady Pyre

So I was setting up the new printer and everything was going fine. I was on the very last step and installing the software on my computer, when I noticed something. I have no USB cable to connect the two. WTF? I searched and searched through all of the little baggies again to make sure I didn't miss something. Couldn't find it. Then I checked the contents list, which didn't mention it. Then I check the box... and it has in big letters "USB cable not included." What. The. ********. Who DOES that? They gave me printer cartridges, but no USB cable? That doesn't even make any sense!

So now I'm going to have to put my paper on my flash drive and get up an hour early, even though I haven't been sleeping for s**t, to go print out copies at the library because HP likes to ******** with their customers and not include everything you need for set up. And it's too late to go buy a USB cable in this hillbilly ********. It. All.
User Image

I mean seriously, email that to HP. I HATE it when computer companies screw their customers out of the simplest things. ):< What a jerk...

Beni: What achievements do you need?  
The United Forums of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games