Ootori_K

Calculated Capitalist

12,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:55 pm
Arinnel

(( What, just me? Nah, we both beat him, we both get Pokédexes. ))

The Abra hissed quietly at the spray of embers, though it didn't seem more than singed. It teleported with a soft bamf back to Kyouya's shoulder as the Torchic collapsed. << Good job, >> it congratulated the Eevee, with a quiet mental touch.

Kyouya was still unused to the willingness of the creature to take up a perch on him. It was a strange sensation, not entirely unlike Tamaki's reckless hugs, but somehow a bit more reserved. Kyouya blinked once, adjusted his glasses, and then slowly broke into a smile. "We did. Nicely done."

He bowed politely to the Professor. "Thank you, sir. Your words are too kind; we only did what we could." Still, there was a quiet pride in the set of his shoulders; Kyouya was forever inclined to master any challenge set in front of him. As the Professor continued, though, a curious expression crossed his face. "Other companions?"

Professor Birch's speech came to a screeching halt as he remembered that the two of them were unfamiliar with Pokémon. "Of course! You'll make so many new friends, and learn so much! But you'll need the tools to do it. Here, take these." He reached into the pockets of his lab coat, and withdrew a couple of small devices that looked like cell phones. Handing one to each of them, he explained, "These are the newest PokéNavs. They haven't hit the market yet, they're still experimental. They've got the newest Pokédex software, plus of course all the other features you'd expect."

The device fit perfectly in Kyouya's hand. Of course it did, it was essentially a smart phone. He snapped it open out of sheer reflex, and the Pokédex software immediately scanned both his Abra and Haruhi's Eevee, popping them up on his screen with all sorts of additional information he wasn't prepared to deal with yet. The professor leaned over his shoulder, explaining to him rapid-fire about "movesets" and "natures" and "statistics", with wild gestures at their Pokémon, all of which Kyouya absorbed and filed away for later review, as there was way too much to comprehend at this moment.

"This works as a cell phone, too?" he interrupted briefly, just to be sure he understood. "Yes," the Professor agreed enthusiastically. "It also has a map function, and a lot of other features. Experiment, you'll find out."

"Thank you," Kyouya murmured quietly, and there was a sincere ring of gratitude in his voice. It might only have been a small thing, a piece made of electronics and plastic, but he felt much more at home than he had since he'd woken up.

He was sufficiently absorbed in deciphering the device that he almost missed it when the Professor pulled a handful of Pokéballs out of his other pocket. "You'll need these too, if you find any new companions," he said enthusiastically. "My aide didn't tell you anything about catching Pokémon, did she?" he asked, glancing at each of the teens.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:00 am
Ootori_K

[[Riiiight, DexNav and such. Lol.]]

Haruhi couldn't help the smirk that adorned her face, she could almost see the pride Kyoya had upon their victory. It wasn't that surprisingly honestly, he took pride in pretty much everything he accomplished, but not to the degree to boast constantly; which was something she admired about him. While he was rich and powerful, he used it to his advantage, but not in a way to abuse it.

As the PokeNav was handed to her, she took it curiously, inspecting the way it worked and the information displayed. As Professor Birch rattled off a lot of information in a short time, she tried to remember as much as she could, but focused on navigating the device's features. She very much enjoyed seeing the route/map and wondered if it would show anything else as thing as they learned new things in this Hoenn region. She started to feel like she could like this, which was strange.

When she heard Kyoya thank the professor, she quickly bowed her head, "Yes. Thank you very much Professor Birch. We really appreciate all your help." While they were stuck in this strange world with nothing familiar, they were very fortunate for the courtesy and kindness of these people. The Eevee sat partially confused, but also bowed her head. Haruhi couldn't help but smile.

As the professor handed them pokeballs, she took them, noting they all looked the same. These were possibly the most interesting thing she's encountered in this world yet. Well, besides the pokemon. At the mention of catching pokemon, she raised her eyebrow, "No." She said, slightly hesitant. Of course it couldn't be as easy as throwing a pokeball and that was that.

The professor smiled, "Well. Let me show you." He said as he gestured his hand for them to follow him towards the grass. "Most wild pokemon are hiding in trees, grass, inside caves, over the rivers, lakes, and oceans. It just depends upon their habitats. He said as he began looking around. "Wild pokemon can be a little more skittish or hostile, so please do be careful sometimes. But there are also those that are really timid and docile..." He said, drifting off at the end as a wild raccoon type looking pokemon appeared.

Professor Birch smirked and threw out a pokeball, a different one appeared, this one being green in color, it reminded her of a gecko, but with a bushy tail. "Treecko." It called out as it stood prepared to fight. "The first thing to do when you encounter a wild pokemon is to send out one of your own. You then battle to weaken the target. Treecko, use tackle." He said so matter of fact. The treecko braced itself and began running at the Zigzagoon and made direct contact. The Zigzagoon shook its head and growled in response.

"Typically, you want to weaken it as much as possible and then throw a pokeball, as so." He said, tossing the pokeball. It bounced on the Zigzagoon's head and then proceeded to pull the pokemon into it. It was still strange. The pokeball landed on the ground and began to shake, "This is the pokemon trying to break free of the pokeball. But if you weaken it, give it a status ailment, it is less likely to do so." He said, a few more shakes and the pokeball stopped moving, a small noise confirming the capture. "And now, I have caught a Zigzagoon." He said with a smile.

Haruhi raised her eyebrow, it was basic mechanics, but still strange. She looked at Kyoya, "Pretty simple right?" She said, half confident.

Arinnel

Gallant Knight

Ootori_K

Calculated Capitalist

12,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:12 pm
Arinnel

Status ailment ... Kyouya had seen something like that in the Pokénav. Maybe in regards his Abra? He'd look it up later. "Yes, that seems simple enough," he concurred with Haruhi, more confidently. A thought crossed his mind — in taking these creatures from their natural habitat, weren't there any problems? "It's acceptable to catch any Pokémon?" he inquired, a small look of puzzlement on his face.

"Well, not exactly. You shouldn't try to take anyone else's Pokémon, that's extremely poor manners," the Professor informed them. "But with the way the registration works, that's almost impossible to do anyway, unless the other person doesn't have a Pokéball for that Pokémon. And you shouldn't catch any Pokémon in the safari preserve without permission, but that's quite some distance from here. There are special rules for the preserve, so be sure you follow them. Otherwise, you can try to catch whatever you want." He studied them both, perhaps Kyouya a bit more sharply. "But treat them well! They're not just pets, they're partners."

The Professor clasped his hands behind his back, after gesturing his Treecko back into its ball. "Also, you can only carry six Pokémon with you. It's a limitation of the system. If you catch any more than that, their Pokéballs will go to the PC system. You can access that in any Pokémon Center and retrieve your other Pokémon from there."

Idly, Kyouya wondered what would prevent someone from withdrawing all their Pokéballs at once, but he refocused as Birch continued. "There's a center in Oldale Town — that's where you were headed, correct? Be sure to check in and rest your Pokémon there, since they're tired and wounded from this little sparring match. It's all free of charge, of course."

Free? There seemed to be an awful lot of free things in Hoenn, in Kyouya's opinion. Taxes here must be a nightmare, he decided. "Thank you again, Professor," he bowed politely. "Then we should probably be on our way." The Abra pinched his ear lightly, causing him to turn with a questioning look. It nodded once, and disappeared in a sparkle of psychic energy. Kyouya felt the Pokéball rock in his pocket — presumably it had decided to go rest for now, he supposed.

"Ha, the two of you get along better than I'd expected," the Professor chuckled. Just what is that supposed to mean?, Kyouya wondered, as Birch walked them to the road. "Contact me over the Pokénav if you have any questions, all right? Good luck on your journey!"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:41 pm
Ootori_K

As Professor Birch explained more on the dynamics of what you cannot catch, she briefly wondered just how complex the system was. From the looks of it, it seemed very simplistic, but when explained, it seemed like there was much more technology involved into the complexity and registration system. It was fascinating to her, but she shook it off and decided to think about it later. At the mention of a preserve, she assumed it was very similar to a nature preserve in their 'world', but with the ability to catch some. It was a tad confusing and based on everything they had learned this morning alone, she thought they were doing quite alright.

"A pokemon center to rest your pokemon....like a hospital...?" She muttered quietly to herself, 'Vetrinarian...?' she thought in terms of looking at how the eevee she had was very foxlike. As he mentioned Oldale, she nodded her head. She had looked at the map clearly first thing when she was given the Pokenav.

At the mention of leaving, Haruhi watched as the Abra teleported into its pokeball. She raised her eyebrow. But she soon shook her head with a smile, internally agreeing with the professor. She looked down at the Eevee and picked it up. "Ready?" She said with a smile. The Eevee yipped in response. They began back down the route.

"Oh. One final thing. You are free to give your pokemon nicknames as you see fit." The professor said with a smile, waving at them as they walked away.

"Thank you!" Haruhi proclaimed once more, really grateful they weren't running blind in this adventure of theirs.

After a few minutes and once she was sure the professor could no longer see them, she sighed slightly. "This is going to be interesting. Things are so different here and I'm actually quite stunned at how...generous and helpful everyone is here so far. Though I'm sure there are also people who are not so kind." She said as her eye twitched, she had stepped on a rock again. "Though. I can't wait to get in normal clothes." She said, making sure she hadn't cut her foot too terribly. "Speaking of, I think in the battles we partake, we get prize money out of it." She said, trying to remember everything that was rattled off to them earlier.

She took one more glance at the Eevee in her arms, trying to decide upon a nickname. "Are you going to nickname your Abra?" She said somewhat quietly, not wanting to feel too silly.

Arinnel

Gallant Knight

Ootori_K

Calculated Capitalist

12,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:03 pm
Arinnel

A wry smile crossed Kyouya’s face. “I have to admit, I find the locals’ generosity rather hard to believe myself. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.” He paused as she stopped to check her foot, and quietly hoped that Oldale was not too far away. The last thing either of them needed was some sort of medical emergency with as few resources as they had. “Prize money? I suppose we’d better not lose, then. It’s not like we’ve got any to give away ourselves, and I don’t fancy a game of strip-Pokémon.” Was he joking? It was hard to tell, given how straight his expression was.

At her question, though, he grew silent. The amount of time he took to answer might potentially lead Haruhi to think she had somehow angered him, but in fact, all he was doing was seriously contemplating his answer. One did not have a dog and simply call it “Dog”, that was either childish or exceptionally uncreative. On the other hand, one could have a tank full of fish, and not bother to name them, if there were a sufficiently large number of them. This creature was certainly not one of a multitude, and Kyouya preferred to avoid being considered childish. Ergo, the Abra needed a name.

That said, the name in question would reflect on him, the … well … Trainer, he supposed. He still felt rather disbelieving of the whole notion of being a pet monster trainer. An Ootori did not participate in such frivolous activities as cockfighting … well, at least not until today. So, if an Ootori were to participate in such activities, his monster partner’s name would need to be one suitable enough to represent his family ... in a world where apparently no one had ever heard of his family.

Kyouya didn’t really want to think about that last part too hard just yet. A name for the Abra. Focus on that. He realized that he’d fallen quiet for far too long, and a sideways glance through the frame of his glasses yielded that Haruhi seemed to still be patiently waiting for his reply. “In answer to your question, yes, though I hadn’t settled on what, yet.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:16 pm
Ootori_K

Haruhi sighed, 'waiting for the other shoe to drop' was an understatement. It was almost becoming a strong fear for her because they really didn't have anything of theirs besides the clothes on their backs. Again she was reminded she had Kyoya with her, and once again she was thankful for that. Not to mention she now had a little fox like Eevee companion. But that was just a different type of comfort. As Kyoya responded to her mention of winning prize money, she raised her eyebrow, glancing his way, "That's....just no." She responded, shaking her head. She wondered just who would want their clothes anyway. Though in the back of her mind, she wondered just what gender the people here would think she was. It wasn't like it mattered, but it could definitely mean less perverts.

Haruhi didn't notice right away, but a long silence drew between them. She wondered if he was irritated, or very simply trying to decide if he wanted to give his Abra a nickname. It was a simple question, but then again this was Kyoya and she was very sure he analyzed every angle to anything. Better safe than sorry, but she couldn't help the smile that.

Nevertheless, she remained silent, already decided upon the name for Eevee. It was something pretty random to her, but she thought it was fitting. While the silence between them continued, she took the time to appreciate just how this world looked. It wasn't anything like home, but it was very pretty. Almost to where people didn't really affect nature. She was sure they did to some degree, but how much they cared towards these creatures. That was something she could appreciate.

Finally, Kyoya broke the silence between them, she turned and glanced up at him. "Ah. I wasn't sure if you would honestly. But I can see you're putting a lot of thought into, which is most likely something the Abra will appreciate." At least she thought. The Eevee, while foreign reminded her a lot of something from home, but the Abra was something she still had just a little bit of a hard time wrapping her mind about. "I think I am going to name my Eevee, Taishe."

Then, before she knew it, she could see it: The end of the route and the beginning of the town. She was so relieved, but it was short lived as she wondered just how they were going to get suitable clothes. She decided to push it to the back of her mind, "Ah. I'm relieved to see the town. Though, how to progress next is a mystery." Haruhi wasn't exactly the go-getter type, but she did like planning and organization. She hoped between the two of them, they could make this as painless as possible.

Arinnel

Gallant Knight

Ootori_K

Calculated Capitalist

12,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:45 pm
Arinnel

(( I dumped what we've written so far into GoogleDocs and it's a whopping eighteen pages already ...

The random number generator says my Abra is Bold and Alert To Sounds. This seems ... appropriate. *amused*))

"Murasaki," Kyouya said, with a decisive edge, almost as if he hadn't been listening to Haruhi musing about their upcoming predicament. It translated literally to "Violet" — both the color, and the name. Honors-student Haruhi would immediately recall that it was also the name of the authoress of the very first Japanese novel, The Tale of Genji. "Though she'll probably end up being Saki, for short."

He blinked once, suddenly unsure as to how he'd come to the conclusion that the Abra was female, since there weren't any obvious clues, and he'd been thinking of her as an "it" up until this moment. Presumably he'd seen it in the Pokédex. That made sense. He tucked his hands back into his pockets, almost defensively, and looked across at the town.

"Well, the Professor did suggest we check in at the Pokémon Center, so let's start there. If nothing else, they'll probably have someone on staff we can ask questions of, and a bathroom we can use to wash up." Kyouya felt unpleasantly grimy, particularly without his wake-up shower, and his stomach had been growing persistently more empty. "I assume that's the place over there."

There was, in fact, a large building decorated in bright-red and white, with Pokéball logos on its facade, not far from where they were walking. The doors slid open with a whoosh as they neared it, welcoming them in.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:49 am
Ootori_K

[[...18...18 pages?! o.o Wow. I just go with it. lol.
I have a little bit of a hard time starting out. lol.]]

Kyoya said a name so abruptly that it caught her off guard slightly. She thought about it a moment and nodded, it seemed very fitting. And Saki seemed to fit even better. She caught herself smiling, or course Kyoya would come up with something like Murasaki. She was more surprised that he had decided so suddenly and much quicker than she thought he would.

Haruhi looked around the town, it wasn't that much larger than Littleroot, but there were obviously two large buildings that seemed to stand out, a red-roofed building and a blue-roofed building. She couldn't see the sign for the blue-roofed building, but she could almost make out the word Mart. she raised her eyebrow at the fact they stood out so much, but shrugged it off. Maybe it was to make it easy for people to find.

As Kyoya pointed out the red-roofed building, she didn't have a doubt in her mind that it was the pokemon center. As they got closer, it did in fact say Pokemon Center on the sign and she just shook her head. The doors slid open and as they stepped inside, she found her eyes wandering everywhere quickly as possible. It was pretty large on the inside: there were chairs and tables to sit at to the left and right, many people and some pokemon just relaxing at them. To the front left, she could see another room, with what seemed to be a clothing sign so she hoped that meant they could change clothes there. Directly in front of them was a large counter with a woman having pink hair and a nurse hat smiling at them directly.

As they stepped closer, she noticed two other pokemon behind her; they were both pink in color, and had what looked like nurse hats that mimicked the woman. [[Audino & Chansey]] "Hello, and welcome to the pokemon center. We restore your pokemon to full health. Would you like me to take your pokemon?" She said with a smile.

Haruhi's eyes widened, this really was like a hospital or veterinarian, "Uhm. Hello." She said a tad unsure. She glanced down at Taishe still in her arms and shrugged, "Sure." She said, setting Taishe onto the counter and placing her pokeball next to her.

She glanced up at Kyoya, she was a bit unsure of how to go about asking for help or resources in this town. She wasn't sure if they'd be as kind as the Professor and his assistants were back in Littleroot. Let alone the fact that they were looked at as strange for firstly being in their pajamas, but secondly not knowing anything about pokemon. Not that this was normal for them, but it sure made it more difficult to be sure that no one tried to take advantage of their lack of knowledge.

Nevertheless, she took a breath, "We are quite new to the area and if you could give us any information about the town, or where we should go next, we would really appreciate it. Also, if you had a restroom we could use to wash up, it would be appreciated." She said, trying to be a little more relaxed.

Arinnel

Gallant Knight

Ootori_K

Calculated Capitalist

12,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:56 pm
Arinnel

Kyouya followed Haruhi, a pace behind. He too scanned the room, and noted that there seemed to be a set of rooms upstairs. Maybe this place was something like a youth hostel, he supposed. He'd never actually been to one. "May I as well?" he inquired, setting his Pokéball down next to Haruhi's.

The nurse handed both Pokémon over to one of the pink Pokémon (the Chansey), and cheerfully explained that yes, of course, there were full bathroom and shower facilities upstairs. "Do you need a place to stay? We've got a spare room tonight, but you'll have to share. It is two beds, though."

Kyouya had just started to say "Thank you, but what will it cost u—" when the double doors of the Pokémon Center slid open with a whoosh, and a cloud of perfume (from two Spritzees) and an unbelievably tall, thin woman in the most incredible loud purple hat strode in, followed by a ridiculously tiny Furfrou trimmed up as a sphinx. All eyes in the room moved to them immediately, and there were murmurs of "oh my gosh, it's Gloria!" "I didn't know we were on her next stop!"

She was immediately followed by two cameramen, a director, and a double-handful of what Kyouya could only guess were tailors and designers. Gloria scanned the room with a critical eye. "No, no, not you, no ... " until she came to the two teens standing in front of the counter. "PERFECT! It's as if they were made for today. You two, come here," she demanded.

Kyouya glanced at Haruhi with a slightly-baffled expression, but was forestalled from asking her if this was part of the game as well, when the director rushed over to grab their hands. "Guess what, you two? You're today's guests on Gloria's Glamour Garb! .... and no offense, but you definitely need it."

"Silence, Romero, they're diamonds in the rough. Both of them," she commanded. He obligingly closed his mouth. "Over here, into the light, you two. Now, what are your names?"

For one mad moment, Kyouya thought about giving Tamaki's name, as he was surely going to die of embarrassment if this ever got back to Ouran. Being caught lying, however, would be worse. He nudged his glasses into place, and said, with a very polite bow, "My name is Kyouya Ootori, Miss Gloria. A pleasure."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:49 pm
Ootori_K

Haruhi watched as one of the pokemon took their pokeballs away. She wondered just what they did and where they went, but her attention was brought back to the nurse in front of her. At the mention of a shower, she could feel just a little bit of the stress being pulled off of her shoulders. She honestly couldn't wait. A spare room would be perfect, sharing a room with Kyoya, she vaguely wondered what that would be like.

Kyoya was cut off mid-sentence as the doors whooshed open so suddenly. The perfume that quickly covered the room was almost too much as she noticed the three pokemon that came in with this woman. They were definitely something she hadn't seen before. The furfrou seemed to be a type of poodle, but it looked so strange with its haircut, Haruhi's eyes widened slightly. The murmurs of the people in the pokemon center brought her attention back to the woman who was scanning the room. It was strange, she seemed to have quite a show behind her as well. Though somewhere, Haruhi didn't find this as strange as she probably would have if she wasn't a member of the host club.

As she pointed at them, Haruhi could barely hold in a sigh. She glanced at Kyoya who's facial expression was something that she found oddly amusing. At least he was for once caught off guard by someone doing something outlandish. She could only snicker at this situation, it wasn't as if Tamaki hadn't done more outlandish entrances.

She followed next to Kyoya into the spot light that had been generated for the two of them. It was like they were puppets made to dance and well, it was a little uncomfortable. She had minor flash backs of different times of both Tamaki and the Twins forcing her to do something outlandish in terms of how she looked or dressed. She for a moment wondered if this Gloria would know if she was a boy of a girl just from looking at her.

Haruhi was a little surprised that Kyoya was so forthcoming, but then again they were on camera and looking foolish would not be suiting for either of them. Haruhi smiled as politely as possible, "Hello. I am Haruhi Fujioka and it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." She said, bowing her head. She held back the urge to ask just what this was about, but since she had said 'Gloria's Glamour Garb', she had a suspicion it would be in terms of clothing. And that was something she desperately wanted, even if it was on camera.

Arinnel

Gallant Knight

Ootori_K

Calculated Capitalist

12,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:26 pm
Arinnel

I don't care, as long as it doesn't harm me. That particular mantra ran through Kyouya's mind on repeat. It was apparently a useful one, as Gloria immediately assumed that the two of them were local.

"Now of course, the latest fashion in Hoenn can't compare to the wonders we have in Kalos, but even so, this is beyond my expectations," she said, frowning theatrically. "Pajamas as a fashion statement; absurd. Regardless of how fine a quality they are — " she fingered Kyouya's collar, and he froze, desperately resisting the urge to flinch — "it's simply declassé to wear them after 11 am, even to Sunday breakfast."

He stifled the urge to argue with her that it was all he had, merely nodding a concession that she was correct. After all, she didn't need to know that that was all he had. And he really, really hoped that they would not be forced to play elaborate games for new clothes.

Luckily for Kyouya, that seemed to not be the case. "Armand, Genevive, please take Kyouya here, and Pietra and Charles, you will showcase your designs for Haruhi." The four designers simultaneously whipped out tape measures and pins. "On your mark, get set .... go!"

As they measured, plotted, and pinned, Gloria engaged the teens in conversation. "So do tell me, why are you here in the Oldale Pokécenter today, and what are your upcoming plans?" she asked, turning overly-makeuped eyes on the two of them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:56 pm
Ootori_K

When Gloria mentioned Kalos, Haruhi wondered just how far she had traveled to get to Hoenn. When looking at the map, she couldn't really see outside of Hoenn. Which didn't surprise her, but made her more curious.

Haruhi had to do her best not to roll her eyes. Granted it was true, this wasn't exactly attire to be wearing out and about in public, but what choice did they have really. Being in front of the camera in their pajamas didn't make her feel much more comfortable either, but she did her best to stand as properly as possible.

When the two designers came toward her with measuring tapes and pins, she did her best not to flinch as they busily got to work. After a few minutes, she wondered how people got used to this, positioning their arms, legs, and body in certain positions to get accurate measurements. It seemed very tiring to her.

As Gloria began to talk to them directly, she wondered just how to respond. It wasn't like she could say we just woke up in this strange world. Let alone the fact they had no idea what most of these creatures called pokemon were. To them, it would be absurd and she wasn't about to make a fool out of both of them. While they were in the same boat, Kyoya's wrath was a much more terrifying idea to face.

"Well, we are not from here, we are from the Bunkyo Region." She said, remembering what Kyoya had said earlier. "And when we got here, our luggage was lost." She added, to give a logical reasoning as to why they were dressed in their pajamas, as to avoid further judgement. It wasn't like this was something they did for fun, definitely not a fashion statement.

"In regards to why we are here, we are just exploring I suppose. This was just our next stop and I guess, we were really lucky to meet you today." She said with a smile, it was true. She was grateful for their string of good luck. When that would run out, would be a different story.

Arinnel

Gallant Knight

Ootori_K

Calculated Capitalist

12,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:20 pm
Arinnel

The "lost luggage" was perhaps the most convincing half-truth Kyouya had ever heard Haruhi tell, and he nodded once in silent approval. The camera would likely take it as confirmation of the story. "I agree. We really are most fortunate." Standing for measurements was something he was relatively accustomed to (though obviously not to the same extent as the Hitachiins), and he changed position effortlessly as the two designers fussed over details.

"Visiting Hoenn certainly has been a fascinating experience so far," he added on to Haruhi's story. "It's quite different from home, and the people here are some of the most friendly and generous I've ever met."

An alarm sounded from just off-camera, and Gloria clapped her hands. "Now off to the drawing board and sewing machines, all of you," she commanded the desisgners. They scuttled away, jabbering rapidly about their ideas. Kyouya dearly hoped that they had some idea of his preferred taste, though any clothes would be better than none, at this point. "Why don't the two of you tell our audience a little about the Bunkyo Region?" she asked, clearly a little confused. "I don't think I've ever heard of that place before."

What to say? Kyouya had no idea what the target audience might find interesting. "Ah, it's dominated by a large city," he hedged. "It's a very populous place, with a large number of shopping districts and fine restaurants, and many different styles of street fashion." He nudged his glasses back into place, a subtle tell that he was just a touch uncomfortable, and hoped that Gloria wasn't one of those people who would demand to know about the local wildlife. Even talking about the local street fashion would be taxing; Kyouya absorbed the running commentary from the twins, certainly, but it was not a major interest of his in the slightest. Perhaps Haruhi would have some input from the commoner side of things, he hoped.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:56 am
Ootori_K

[[Wow, this was hard to reply and it's not a very good one. Lols.]]

As the people that were measuring her finished, she had a small sigh of relief as she let her arms rest and her posture go back to normal. It wasn't a terrible thing, just something she wasn't used to. She wondered how everyone at Ouran handled this sort of thing, but when you're raised a certain way, it must be normal. Though she wasn't sure if she could get used to it.

When Gloria inquired about the Bunkyo region, Haruhi raised her eyebrow. Normally it wouldn't be something hard to explain, but they were worlds apart in terms of many things. She listened to Kyoya, what he described was very true, and also very broad.

Haruhi thought briefly of what she could add, she knew how she saw the world would be different from the way Kyoya did. "There are a lot of very beautifully structured buildings. Some of them are very modern looking and others that are very classic in appearance." She thought a few moments longer, "There are also some city parks that children like to run around and play at. There are different types of games they play. It's very peaceful and fun-loving." She nodded, "There are also public and private schools that offer different types of programs and activities. The range of programs makes it easier to join groups of your preference and make friends who share similar interests."

"In the deeper parts of the city, there are as Kyoya said, large shopping districts, many restaurants that cater to individual tastes, and a lot more people." Without thinking, she was using hand gestures to emphasize. "It's really the diversity of these three things that make it so that there is something different to do every day. Or meeting new people every day." She paused, not sure what else to contribute. From her perspective, it was all pretty ordinary, with her time at Ouran being the most adventurous. She smiled, "I'm not exactly sure what else to add." She said blushing slightly.

Arinnel

Gallant Knight

Ootori_K

Calculated Capitalist

12,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:39 pm
Arinnel

(( No worries, this part's been tricky. ))

Fortunately, their responses seemed to please Gloria well enough. Thank goodness. Kyouya had not been best pleased at the idea of playing twenty questions over where they were from.

One of the cameramen made a cut! motion with his hand, and their hostess turned to the camera again with a dazzling smile. "Aaaand we'll be right back after this commercial break!" she said brightly. The red light on the camera clicked off momentarily, and she turned back to the teens.

"Well, aren't you two just precious," she lilted, then studied them with a probing gaze that was made more terrifying by the excess makeup. "So are you a couple~?"

Kyouya resettled his glasses for what must have been the hundredth time today, and it wasn't even noon. Tamaki, he reminded himself. Even if Tamaki wasn't anywhere near where he was ... Tamaki. And of course there was Haruhi herself to consider. "Classmates." It wasn't exactly the truth, but close enough. "We're on a trip for school. A social-studies event to see how other parts of the world live." A plausible enough lie, he hoped, and wished the designers would come back soon ...

It looked like his wish might be granted, as the digital readout behind the cameras was flashing a countdown that had reached 1:45 ... 1:44 ...

Fantasies Are Never Final: RP Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff