Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gundam
Let us create our own Gundam manga! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red_knightm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:10 pm
Ophiuchus
sybilus
It can't be complicated since it's like the beginning of the era. About the weapons.... how do we get such a big weapon for the GM anyway? if they're the first, there's definitely some difficulties in developing the weapon. I know you might argue that the terrorist might have the capital or technique to do so, blah blah blah, but the problem is, where can they obtain the technique from? how do they have the place to store and develop the GM? you can't just blow up a rocket launcher and just make every part of it huge, and say it's a new weapon of the GM anyway.....
just ignore me if what I say don't make sense......
Guerillas "rig" weapons in real warfare... We can assume they'd have primitive weapons - One-shot disposeable missile launchers, and 50-mm guns (which are tiny. Evan zakus had 100mm guns)
The military ones would bring in large caliber weapons, which after deployment, we can see slowly falling into the hands of the enemy.

My question was more about how the Guerillas would change the mecha's appearance and change them to claim them as their own.
Perhaps a larger machine gun 100mm but maybe thats streching for guerillas though. and lets add in rocket launchers for moile suots the Guerillas add in.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:39 am
Red_knightm
Ophiuchus
sybilus
It can't be complicated since it's like the beginning of the era. About the weapons.... how do we get such a big weapon for the GM anyway? if they're the first, there's definitely some difficulties in developing the weapon. I know you might argue that the terrorist might have the capital or technique to do so, blah blah blah, but the problem is, where can they obtain the technique from? how do they have the place to store and develop the GM? you can't just blow up a rocket launcher and just make every part of it huge, and say it's a new weapon of the GM anyway.....
Guerillas "rig" weapons in real warfare... We can assume they'd have primitive weapons - One-shot disposeable missile launchers, and 50-mm guns (which are tiny. Evan zakus had 100mm guns)
The military ones would bring in large caliber weapons, which after deployment, we can see slowly falling into the hands of the enemy.

My question was more about how the Guerillas would change the mecha's appearance and change them to claim them as their own.
Perhaps a larger machine gun 100mm but maybe thats streching for guerillas though. and lets add in rocket launchers for moile suots the Guerillas add in.
neutral I already stated they'd rig up missiles.

It's not just a case of slapping guns on a mech and declaring it a combat unit.
The MST-1 is a lightly armored P.O.S, designed to monitor and survey environments. Its armor isn't designed for warfare.
What do you think we'd see to counter this? Would the guerillas create shields? Would they layer armor plates on it? Or would we be looking at a completely re-worked outer shell?  

Ophiuchus
Captain

sybilus

300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:40 pm
I'd say a renewed outlook where not a lot of people can identify them, unless they are pros. only improvement in armor and adding shield won't do no good in anywhere....  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:52 pm
sybilus
I'd say a renewed outlook where not a lot of people can identify them, unless they are pros. only improvement in armor and adding shield won't do no good in anywhere....
There's only one mobile suit type. It's going to be pretty obvious what the stolen unit is reguardless of physical changes.  

Ophiuchus
Captain

sybilus

300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:21 am
Ophiuchus
sybilus
There's only one mobile suit type. It's going to be pretty obvious what the stolen unit is reguardless of physical changes.

ok gotcha. what about a symbol of the terrorist group on the armor and a different color from the original?
and ya, some extra weapons that the original ones don't equip maybe?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:17 pm
neutral People still don't seem to be getting it.
Here's what i'll do.

MST-1 "Mobile Suit"
Unit Type: Surveilance, Construction & Observation Mobile Suit.
First Rollout: 0001 Mobile Suit Era (Name subject to change)
Powerplant: Quick-Charge Powered Cell
Height: 17.5 Meters
Weight: empty 45, max gross 55.
Optional Armament: Varied - Consistant of:
Rocket Anchor/ Grappling Hook
Welding tools
Clamp
Drill
Sensory equipment

This is it. It is NOT a military unit. It HAS no weapons. It's basically an unarmored, unarmed type of GM.
The Terrorists steal some of these to start a war.
Now, what changes to this profile and its physical appearance will be made?  

Ophiuchus
Captain

Red_knightm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:27 pm
Ophiuchus
Red_knightm
Ophiuchus
sybilus

The MST-1 is a lightly armored P.O.S, designed to monitor and survey environments. Its armor isn't designed for warfare.
What do you think we'd see to counter this? Would the guerillas create shields? Would they layer armor plates on it? Or would we be looking at a completely re-worked outer shell?
Well we must remember that they are only Guerillas and dont have alot of resources so no shields if anything they would layer armor onto it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:16 pm
Red_knightm
Ophiuchus
Red_knightm
Ophiuchus
sybilus

Well we must remember that they are only Guerillas and dont have alot of resources so no shields if anything they would layer armor onto it.
THANK YOU!
This is what I was asking for.
Would they use some effort in applying them to make a sort of "uniform" look and changing the appearance, or would they be "individual" due to the changes on each one specifically?  

Ophiuchus
Captain

Gelenor the Blood Knight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:01 pm
i know that this does not have to do with the current manga idea but where did you guys get the idea that mu died? or have you not seen all of destiny.

how about aliens with giant robots attack earth and to counter the alien robots the humans develop giant robots of their own. humanity bands together to fight them.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:24 pm
gundam fan zero
i know that this does not have to do with the current manga idea but where did you guys get the idea that mu died? or have you not seen all of destiny.

how about aliens with giant robots attack earth and to counter the alien robots the humans develop giant robots of their own. humanity bands together to fight them.

1 - re-read what we said carefully. One of the original plans we were considering was a re-write of Destiny to clean up the plot holes. One of the major ones would be keeping Mwu dead.
2 - Aliens suck, man. Aliens are gay, and have NO place in Gundam. Aliens ruined Astray. ******** space whales.  

Ophiuchus
Captain

Gelenor the Blood Knight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:27 pm
i don't remember aliens in astray. plus it worked on super robot taizen OG and SRTOG2  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:30 pm
gundam fan zero
i don't remember aliens in astray. plus it worked on super robot taizen OG and SRTOG2
Space whale shows up.
Plus, Super Robots ain't Gundam. Unless you count G. Real Gundams are merely GIANT ROBOTS.  

Ophiuchus
Captain

Gelenor the Blood Knight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:03 pm
i know it wasn't gundam but it was awsome. have you played them?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:38 pm
gundam fan zero
i know it wasn't gundam but it was awsome. have you played them?
topic on, you must get.  

Ophiuchus
Captain

Gundam

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out