Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Immortal Thief Roleplay
The Immortal Theif Roleplay Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moving this rp into a guild of our own?
  Yea!
  Nuu!
  I don't... really... care...
View Results

Mikujin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:09 pm
As Shinobu walked out from the inner room towards the door Izumo hid near, he ducked back, hoping to conceal himself. Surely, he thought, he would be noticed.

Shinobu, however, walked right past him, leaving him unnoticed. By this, Izumo was surprised. Surely, she was distracted too much to notice his presence. After what had been going on, though, Izumo was not surprised at all to know she was a little shaken up. He decided he would offer her what words of comfort he could; perhaps it would help.

"You know," Izumo began, walking up behind her. "You can't be blamed for what happened to that girl. Though it may be true that she would have preferred death over this, over... immortality, but she was not able to tell you anything while she lay down dying. You did what anyone may have done; you used what knowledge and resources you had to help save the life of a child. There is no fault in that, Shinobu. It was the right thing to do. The only thing you could be guilty of, perhaps, is caring too much."

Izumo turned to walk away, it was getting late. However, seeing the girl closer now, not just from a distance, not just hearing rumors, he recognized her. He bit his lip.

"Besides, Shinobu," he started slowly. "If there is truly anyone to blame for her misfortune... it is myself..."

Without hesitating, Izumo began walking away. He had not once looked Shinobu in the eye. He had stood behind her as he spoke, and had she turned around, his back was already to her. He could not confirm that she had paid attention to any word he spoke, but he hoped to offer some comfort to her. What happened now, he could not say. All he knew was that night blanketed the sky, and so to would he soon be blanketed, sinking slowly into slumber.

Izumo began to make his way to his room, his intent on going to bed at once.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:43 am
After he had finished helping to set the table, Yuki helped bring in the food and sat down near Nia. Sighing slightly, Yuki began to eat his food slowly and steadily. Yuki had noticed that it was beginning to get dark outside. It was almost time for Yuki to go 'hunting.' Yuki would often disappear from the opera house at nighttime. He did his very best to avoid being noticed by the other immortals, and thusfar he had been successful in avoiding detection. Every night he went out, he prayed that he wouldn't run across what it was he always looked for. He tried to convince himself that what he was doing what right; that he was justified in his hunt. But deep down inside, he knew why he really did it. He didn't do it for the greater good, he didn't do it to help people. He did it because he enjoyed it. He did it because it made him feel alive more than anything else. Yuki tried to convince himself that he shouldn't go out tonight, but he knew that any logic he tried to use to override his desire would be thwarted. It was then that Yuki realized that he had been scowling at his food for the past five minutes while having his little internal monolouge. Hastily picking back up his chopsticks, Yuki began eating uncharacteristically quickly. Looking up at Nia, he decided to try and strike up a conversation.

"Nia-san, thank you so much for preparing dinner. It's very delicious... where did you learn how to cook so well, Nia-san?" Yuki asked politely.

Yuki wondered if any of the other immortals suspected the awful secret that lied behind his polite smile. Some of them were incredibly cunning, but he felt relatively assured that he had thus far kept even the craftiest of them out of the know. Still slightly disturbed, Yuki focused on dinner again.

Gwyn Masamune

Lord Bean

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:19 am
Nia noticed Yuki sitting next to her. He started eating aswell. The compliment didn't really affect her, but still made her feel a bit beter. "Thank you Yuki" she said. She kept quiet till she finished. Then she stood up and trew her plate in the sink. "Can I be excused Yuki?" she asked, and walked out, more saying that out of etiquette then anyting else. "Dinner is ready in the kitchen!" she shouted trough the theatre as she walked up the stairs. She went to her own room, planning on going to bed, being more tired then she could remember being. She undressed and stepped into bed. She tried to sleap, but noticed, that altough it didn't hurt anymore, the arm still bothered. The fact that the girl had so easily hit in a place that she saw as her strongest point. She got out of bed again, and got on a kimono. She walked out of her room and back into the corridor before it. No one could come here, since she was to only one that had the key to the door at other side of the corridor. There was only one other door, she went there and entered it. She came into a small room, that was all dark. She clapped in her hand and some candles lit itself. The room had no windows, just like her own, and was mostly purple. The floor was carpented with a soft fabric that was purple aswell. But in the middle of it, a pentagram was made of silver thread. She walked there and sat in the middle of it, crossing her legs. She started meditating, and slowly she rose from the ground, as the pentagram lighted up a bit. This was more relaxing for Nia then sleeping and she could think about thing's that had been, are, and sometimes even things in the close future. Most of the time she didn't understand it, and there were never memories from before.... it happened. This way Nia kept hovering a little above the ground, not really sleeping not really awake.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:11 pm
Mitsukai nodded to Nadeshiko as she walked off. She now knew how much she had really over slept. The sky grew darker and darker byu the minute, and Mitsukai didn't grow tired. She sat in a small thearte chair while the rest lay dorment in rest.

After awhile, she head up to her room. It had to be past midnight by the time she went up. Upon arriving at her room, Mitsukai took a pad and pencil with the eraser half bitten. She walked out onto the balcony and took a seat on the railing, making sure to balance herself so not to fall.

Mitsukai began to jot down notes on the pad as she gazed at the sky. "What am I going to do with myself..." she said softly. That girl Melora had put so much thought to mind, even though they all knew so little. But it made sense. Pain just doesn't disappear and never come back. She sighed and watched as the sun rose slwoly. To keep her wandering mind off of the subject of the 'bearer', Mitsukai began to draw a shaded sketch of the scenery lying in front of her.

Xx_Homicidal_Teddybear_xX

Edaniel
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:14 pm
Shinobu could hear the others getting ready for bed, but Shinobu didn't really want to go back inside, all those things Izumo had said, they were true. Anyone would've wanted to help a dying child... but at what expense?
If what Melora said was true, then it was obvious that, by doing what she had, she'd only created a heavier load for the so called 'bearer' by making Melora anew as an immortal.
She sat down on the grass, gritting her teeth, holding her head in her arms.
Shinobu couldn't remeber how she could've made Melora immortal, not in the least, all she knew was that it was her who did it.
"If only... we knew how we first became immortals... That would open so many doors, lead to so many important answers... but where to look?" Shinobu mused to herself, becoming extremely frustrated. "There must be some way to know! I mean I can't just sit here and-"
"Mew!"
"Wat the-"
Shinobu turned around to spot the little cat from before, purring and rubbing itself against her back as it slowly curved it's way around her legs and up to her front.
"Oh... the cat... Haku." she grunted, lifting him up by the underarms and laying the cat into her lap. "You better not shed on me."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:10 pm
Yue sat across the table from Yuki and next to Kagami as she ate, and she tried to converse with them, but the conversation was strained and slow. Finally, Yue finshed her food and stood, excusing herself. "Thank you so much for the company today, Kagami-chan," she bowed politely to her, and then to the silent Yuki. "Thank you for your company during dinner, it was a pleasure as always." She winked at him playfully before taking her dishes to the kitchen and cleaning them. After this she gathered her finds from the previous night and slipped away to her room.

The moon was beginning to rise, and its silvery beams shone through the stained glass of the little chapel window. Yue sat on her heels on the straw mat covering her floor and began to carefully sort through her newly acquired belongings. Some she gathered into a satchel which she would take to a market somewhere and sell. Others she decided would make nice presents for one person or another, and the smallest pile went to things she kept for herself. Among the latter group was an opal choker set in a silver chain and surrounded by tiny amethysts and sapphires. Smiling to herself at this rare find, she latched the dainty necklace around her throat. Immediately she could feel the cool warmth of the moon's energies channelling through the stone. This was a lucky find indeed, it would enable her to draw energy faster, even during the day as long as the moon was in the sky.

Finished with her task, Yue undressed and curled into bed, cocooned warmly in the silky blankets. She tried to sleep, but although her body was physically exhausted, her mind would not allow her to drift away. The memory of her recent nightmares would not leave her waking mind, so she wrapped a thin kimono- risque by the standards of the old matchmakers, but then Yue was hardly modest - around her shoulders and left her chamber. Padding barefoot down the cool stone floors, she walked down a small hallway that servants used to use and exited the opera house through a side door.

The pure, unfiltered moonlight encouraged and strengthened Yue's waining spirit as she walked through the small flower garden nearby. Most of the year's flowers were already dying, but a few tenacious breed still burst their bright colours forth defiantly. Yue sat herself down in a small patch of grass, surrounded by the flowers and their soft scents, and began to meditate, striving to clear her mind of its restlessness and fears.

Kelwyn

Gracious Gaian

9,150 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Citizen 200

Lirdianc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:51 pm
Tomoyo frowned slightly. She had come back, only to find that Shinobu had disappeared, and she wasn't feeling quite up to eating two whole cakes. After a little searching, she had found her outside, cuddling with a kitten. She walked up to the pair, and sat down crosslegged. "Mochi?" she said calmly, handing it to the young woman, watching her intently.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:35 pm
Izumo was tossing and turning in his bed. Nightmares. He had them often. Why, he could not answer; but they were a recurring problem.

"Just do it, I know you want to..." the girl hissed. His blade pierced her body. Better she die a quick, merciful death, then pick another fight with another. She was so young, and already calloused; such a shame.

Izumo woke from his slumber, sweat pouring down his face. The dream, the nightmare, was of a night so very long ago. A night he had nearly forgotten had happened. The events that took place were ones he had never divulged to any other person. It was something he never wanted to remember. Something had triggered this memory... and now Izumo knew what. He recognized the girl in his dream, now. She wasn't just an aggressive enemy, she was someone he could put a name to.

"Melora..."

Izumo remained tired, but had no inkling of wanting to go back to sleep. It was past midnight, from what he could tell; only a few hours had passed. The night air, he decided, would do him good, and so he proceeded to the outer courtyard. He stopped, though, at the exit. Someone was outside, already. Sitting on the ground, without a care in the world.

"Couldn't sleep either, eh, Shinobu?" Izumo asked, as he sat down beside her. Giving only a moderate pause, enough for Shinobu to make her response, Izumo began speaking again.

"Shinobu... none of this is your fault," he stated again. "I mean, this whole situation with Melora, it's, it's," he paused. He tried to think of something, some explanation, some answer. There was only one he could find. "It's, all my fault. None of this would be happening if it weren't for me. I'm so sorry... for everything I've caused."  

Mikujin

Gwyn Masamune

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:14 am
Yuki blushed slightly at Yue's parting message.

"It was a pleasure sharing your company as well... Yue-san," Yuki managed to get out as she was leaving.

After she left, Yuki finished up his dinner and then bade a hasty goodbye to Kagami. Departing from the dining room, Yuki went up to his own room and prepared for his night's labor. Slipping out of his house kimono, Yuki outfitted himself in his battle armor. Yuki loved the feeling of being in armor. It made him feel like a totally different person. All of the indecisiveness and politeness that ted his ordinary self were pushed back to make room for cunning and stealth. Having been properly outfitted, Yuki went to the window and looked out. There didn't seem to be anyone on this side of the building, so Yuki jumped out of the window and landed expertly on the ground. Yuki then took off running into the forest, knowing exactly where he was heading. After running at his full speed for about half an hour, Yuki arrived at his destination. Looking down from the hill he occupied, Yuki saw the bandit's encampment. He had been tracking these ruffian's movements for the better part of a fortnight, and had successfully located the location of their base. Taking out his katana slowly, Yuki prayed for forgiveness of his actions beforehand. Steeling his resolve, Yuki moved down the hill. As got closer to the encampment, he saw that most of the bandits were gathered around the fire. Smiling in a subtly cruel way, Yuki moved in closer. He saw that the bandits were apparently dividing up treasure, and quite a large amount of it. So, they had hit big. Well, Yuki was about to hit it big too. Jumping into the crowd without a moment's hesitation, Yuki let his katana fly through the bandits. The bandits gaped at Yuki in a moment's disbelief.

"Wh...Who is this kid?" the boss asked incredulously, "Boy, you just brought a whole new world of pain upon yourself. Get him!"

Just shaking his head smiling, Yuki dispatched the peons who had rushed in on him at their boss's orders.

"Bandits... you scum never learn. Now I'm going to make you pay for all your crimes. Every scream of every child, every life destroyed by you and your men shall now be delivered by the justice of my blade. GOD JUDGES YOU!" Yuki screamed as he sliced right through the weak katana of his foe and plunged his steel into the heart of his foe.

Gasping and covered in crimson, Yuki began to laugh. These bandits were always the same: unskilled discontented farmers who thought that picking up a flimsy katana made them invincible. The rush of their made him feel alive again. Sorting through their belongings, Yuki took a few gems from their pile of treasure as souvenirs. Noticed his stained appearence, Yuki found a nearby stream and washed himself and his clothes. Some of it ed in his clothes, but he could get that out later. Deciding that he should probably head back soon so he could get at least some sleep, Yuki headed back to the opera house. As he entered the clearing of the opera, Yuki sighed and began scaling the walls of the opera to get back to his bedroom window.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:47 am
Kagami slowly got up from her seat, cautiously and meticulously cleaning any of the mess left behind. She sighed to herself, feeling suddenly uncomfortably alone-something that had never happened before.

She slipped out of the kitchen and padded barefoot to her room, situated in one of the airy prop rooms of the theater. Of course she had made the place her own with a plethora of exotic house plants:purple orchids, flowering cacti, bromiliads, passion flowers, and hanging painted ivy. Paintings and screens of cherry blossoms, mythic creatures, night skies, geisha, and mountain scenes covered the pale blue walls.

Among her own possesions were a collection of random theatrical props left behind-a candle abra, a sleigh couch, a plaster bust of a long dead philospher, dulled swords, and a collection of colored sashes among other things Not many within the group had seen glimpses of her santuary. She walked up to her mirror, not even bothering to set her messy hair right. She slipped out her clothes and washed and bandaged her feet which had suffered unfamiliar conditions. She dawned a light olive nightgown and colapsed onto her down feather comforter, staring at the ceiling, recalling the day while she fingered the collar necklace Yue had given her which still circled her neck.

PerilousBard

Edaniel
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:07 pm
Shinobu watched Izumo as he sat down beside her on the cool grass, now, long past sunset, and the skies were a dark blue dotted with stars.
Still cradling the cta in her arms, she listened to what he said, and frowned.
"Izumo... I don't understand you, I'm aware I cannot remember how it was that created the gurl immortal, I know... somehow, deep down, in my gut, that it was me. Not you, Izumo. It isn't your fault."
Shinobu paused as Haku gave a content 'mew'.
"It's my fault my happened, whether it was deliberate or not, I still did something bad... I feel so horrible."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:09 pm
Aoki lifted her head from her desk and looked around. Not much time had passed, but still a few hours. It was dark and a refreshingly strong breeze blew Aoki's hair out of her face when she looked over at her open window. It reminded her of elements. Technically, Aoki controlled a sub-form of the element of water and ice. Ice relfected a persons image, and water made the image move and copy your movements, but also cast tricky illusions and hard to see pictures. An illusion.

Not only that, but Aoki relized how much she loved the wind. Honestly, she missed her maid-like outfit because it was so much easier to move in, so much easier to feel the wind against herself.

She rose up and smilled, totally forgetting why she had feel asleep crying. Aoki's slate was clean for now, or at least that was something she could belive.

Quietly, Aoki changed again into a pair of short shorts and t-shirt grinning at herself. It actually looked really nice. Black shorts and a sleevless shirt with a wide rimmed turtle neck. Aoki wore bandaes around her torso as to not freeze, but it did little, but enough for Aoki to feel free. Tieing a black robbon to replace her orange one, she slinked out the open window and pressed her back against the cold wall, wind blowing her hair over her face.

'Alive...' Aoki sighed happily, jumping off the wall and into a tree. 'Now, time to have a little fun.'

Tsubasa Reservoir

Tsubasa Reservoir

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:24 pm
Aoki bounced up and down from tree-to-tree, smilled at the feel of a cold chill. She needed to unwind. So much had happened in one day, and tomorow she had a mission; So she couldn't be to stressed out over much of anything.

Aoki looked down the valley Koh and herself hung around alot. There was a tall 'hill' about a twenty minute dash away. It was just short of a montain, so it wouldn't take long to scale. She smilled and continued her spirited bounce untill she reached the valley itself. Misty and cool, she gracefully spun around with her eyes closed, moist air cooling her hot spirit.

"Ah..." She sighed dreamily, finally making it to the top of the 'mini-mountain'. The wind was alot stronger, and despite being on the thin branches on the tallest tree, Aoki could just balance herself enough to be stable for a while, but not forever, like how long she would live.

'Shinobu-onee-chan better feel better of else I'm gonna have to lock her in a closet with Haru-onii-kun...' Aoki sat on a thicker branch just a few feet below her, smilling at the thought. 'Then she'll try to kill me... Or lock me in a room with Koh.'

Aoki blushed and almost fell out of the tree. She grabbed the branch and dangled there, yelling to herself.

'OKAY! OKAY! God people! I like him, I know! Now stop bugging me! Jeez even my body is crapping out on me...' Aoki whinned, jumping back onto the branch.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:12 pm
Izumo's face was expressionless, and he remained unnaturally still. This was not Izumo, or, at least, not the Izumo anyone would have known. Normally, he'd be tapping a finger, gnawing on something; he could never sit still. Now, however, he remained still and silent.

"You see, Shinobu, as much as you place the blame on yourself for what happened to Melora... I mean, yes, it was you who turned her immortal, like us, in some way. We may never know how it was done, but it was." He was skirting around what he really wanted to tell, doing a very horrible job. He was sure, now, that all he might have been doing was making Shinobu feel even worse.

"She wouldn't have been hurt," he began, quietly, "Shinobu, she wouldn't have been near death, if it wasn't for me..."

His frustration was moutning. He couldn't take it, he wanted to yell it out, he wanted to tell everyone. He was at fault. He was the source of so much grief.

"I'm the one," he yelled. "I'm the one who hurt her! She was yelling at me, calling me a coward, a weakling. Whn I only got annoyed, she started using some sort of magic on me. It hurt, but like all wounds, dealt no real damage to my body. I don't know why; I retaliated. I attacked her. She, nothing but a small child. Maybe a little disturbed, but she didn't deserve that. And then you saved her, and now think it's all your fault. It's not, Shinobu, it's my fault. It's all my fault. I could've prevented this whole thing if I had only just a little patience. She was only a small child..." Izumo's face was buried in his arms and knees. He fought back any tears, trying his earnest not to look weak. He felt as though a great burden had been lifted from him, and had a new one laid on to replace it. One much larger, perhaps to heavy to bear.  

Mikujin

Edaniel
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:12 pm
Shinobu, extremely surprised by the outburst, was wide-eyed, clutching the cat whose fur now stood on end. She took a large gulp, not believing all that she heard, it was so surprising, was it true? Why would Izumo lie about something so serious, it was like lying about taking food when you hadn't, it made no sense, he had to be tellling the truth!
"But..." she started up in a low voice, one sharp and high, as if sounding timid and relieved all at once. "It was you who killed her? Then it wasn't my fauly at all, I-"
Shinobu stopped right there, inside, mentally slapping herself for what she'd just said. She couldn't believe how insensitive she was, sure, what he'd done was flawed, but she didn't know all the circumstances, apparently Melora goaded him on, and, knowing Melora, it was believable.
"I'm sorry... I didn't mean all that... it's not just your fault... it's mine and Melora's as well."
She looked down, hunched inwards, she didn't know if Izumo was crying, but, if he was, she didn't want to see it. For some reason, she just didn't want to see any more tears.
"The guilt... it hurts, hunh?"

The Immortal Thief Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games