Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:10 pm
User Image
--<._.-'--.__Tessa Orinae__.--'-._.>--

So cold...
All the same, all about me.
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
The truth of a revelation, frozen in fear.
Slowly dying...

Tessa narrowed a single eye, looking with interest to her side and dropping a hand to the blade at her side, just below the handle.
"I really would prefer to avoid any hostility here, sir," she said simply, "but I have no real interest in bravado either. Do you mean to tell me you're so important that death itself holds no meaning for you?"
She raised her eyes to the man with a slight glimmer in them, as if anticipating any number of responses.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:19 pm
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

"Ah well aren't you a feisty one. Where did you find her? The desert?" Neirington asked Jack, a smile toying around his lip. "The answer is quite simply really. The Fae have a tendency of passing on immortality when their heart is rather...broken," Jack looked at him with repulsion in his features. "Oh come now Jack, you know the meaning of business,"

"Only when it is in well interest," Jack muttered, looking to the sea, a pang of pain in his heart.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:24 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa's curious stare immediately sank into a scowl as she drew her blade and stepped between Jack and Neirington, eying the latter with sudden narrow interest.
"Half, for one," she said insistently, "and for another if you lay so much as the tip of your finger on him I'll see it severed. Whatever business you might have with me, let it be with me alone. He's seen enough already."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:43 pm
User Image

"I have no business with you," Neirington said calmly. five swords were pointed at her as she was closed in by five of his men. "But I daresay that you had best not be threatening me again." His eyes narrowed at her and he easily stepped around her, inspecting Jack who's eyes turned to Neirington's with fierce interest.

"And what business would that be perhaps?" Jack asked quietly with a sudden slight nervousness. "I don't owe you money do I?" He asked, furrowing his brow. Neirington chuckled and shook his head, moving on past him and surveying the seas.

"No, this concerns something of a far larger scale," He said after sighing. "By the way, a very upset woman came aboard my vessel a short while ago, screaming bloody murder and cursing your name. Might you know her?" Jack glanced over at Tessa quickly before shaking his head. "Ah, of course not," Neirington chuckled.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:49 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa narrowed her eyes, consciously halting every show of her rising line of thought. She knew well enough things would go poorly if she made any move against those surrounding her, but her eyes widened slightly as she realized her ever-present thirst for information would not be sated in such a situation as she had found herself in.
"I don't believe I was done with you.. sir." She said, turning again to face him.
No heed was given to the five about her, and though she raised her weapon closer to her than would likely allow easy reach to him, she raised it all the same.
"Besides, if I am of so little interest to you why keep me?" She added wryly.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:57 pm
User Image

"Because some business matters require a leverage factor, something that aids the process, and as such, you are in no place to make demands," Neirington said, his voice raising but still retaining a curious calm authority to it. As if by signal, the five aligned behind Tessa and seemed ready for a command. Jack's eyes narrowed again and he eyed the swords nervously, seeming to be unwilling to move closer to them. Lord Henry Nerington however, moved closer to Tessa and lowered his voice. "Do not think for a moment that I would not hesitate ridding myself of you," He murmured to her before looking back to Jack who had stiffened significantly. "Although I won't deny it would be a shame to kill something that could be a good asset to the Company," He said moving away again. "But if you comply, if Jack complies, we will have no issue now will we?"

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:04 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa gritted her teeth and closed her eyes, forcing herself to calm somewhat despite her knowingly reckless decision.
"Oh, I think you'll have a difficult time figuring me out, you worm," she said casually, "besides, if Jack knows anything at all from when he and I met then he has just as much reason to worry as you do. Besides, you'll have more a hard time killing me than just throwing me in a -"
She cut herself off and dropped low, blade held defensively in front of her.
"Either way, I'm not through with you. I'm done with your crossing lines and useless babble; this calls for demonstration."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:16 pm
Neirington sighed and jerked his head to. The aide, the five closing in on Tessa and attempting to grab her. "I had only wished you had realized that my "babble" was not meaningless. Now, you may sit in a cell for the rest of the way back to the Company, or you can be a good little pet and sit tight. Which would you prefer?"

Jack's strike was swift and left Nerington with a broken nose, one that he painfully set. He glared at the vampire who smugly grinned before scowling.
"If you have matters to discuss with me, then so be it. Let us discuss them in private. You have provoked her enough," Jack said quietly and dangerously. Henry nodded sharply and led Jack away, shooting Tessa a glare as he left, holding the bridge of his nose with a handkerchief.  

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:24 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa spun into a dive, her blade falling from her hand as she found herself caught in mid-jump and falling to the floor of the deck with the thud of her head against the wood.
"Well that settles that, doesn't it?" She murmured, "I don't think I have any interest playing anyone's pet, so I guess my decision's made isn't it?"
With a groan, she lifted herself to her knees and shot the man a glare accentuated by the line of blood between her eyes.
"I don't think I'll ever be through with you..."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:34 pm
"I feel sorry for her," Henry said after a moment while watching the men attempting to bring her below. "I am guessing she doesn't know the whole story," Jack looked away before following him into his quarters.

"The past is done Henry," Jack said from where he sat at the end of the long table, his legs crossed and on it's dark mahogany surface.

"But it does come back to haunt us. Rumors of a very alive Tia Anjeck have reached the Company's ears. Now as you know Jack, she is a most undesirable one for all involved within here, as well as the threat of another rising to challenge Man's rule," Henry said. Jack bit his tongue, still pondering the notion that he was her som, and that she was Calypso.

"You cannot possibly be thinking that...he would come forth," Jack said laming forwards suddenly. The he whom he had spoken of was a man, a man who was hardly a man any more, corrupted by hate and eternity. Henry turned with an ah.

"Something that sparks your interest?"

A while later Jack was escourted back out to the deck and below, where he was thrust into a cell after being dearmed.  

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:44 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa turned her head with a spiteful glare as she heard the barred gate close behind her. Having been disarmed was not a problem for her though, and with a sigh she strode over to the bench opposite her and propped herself up on the seat of it.
"Strange, isn't it?" She said softly with a laugh, "I do believe I'm going to have to figure this out on my own. It seems too easy, almost..."
She leaned back and closed her eyes, gradually falling into meditation.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:57 pm
Jack sat in the cell opposite Tessa, watching her intently as he pondered over what Henry had told him. Hardly comforting, and even less comforting was the fact that he had struck a deal with the Lord, one that he might enjoy, but one he did not completely feel well with.

"Scarlett has the most useful knack for finding you Cortez. I would like to think that she could be of use to me," Were Henry's last words to Jack. For now, the pirate would rest, but in the morning, yet another negotiation would follow.

Still he was uneased about Tessa's ignorance of the complete situation. He couldn't quite bring himself to tell her yet, when it was unnesacary and foolish. He rubbed his hands together and lay on the bench, proceeding to have a quiet convorsation with himself regarding the cell, and a camel.  

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:07 pm
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa opened her eyes and took a brief look about her before slipping off the bench into a slight crouch, leaning with her back against the surface of the bench itself. Her eyes betrayed her contemplation but her assured state of mind as well.
"Jack," she said quietly, "in some manner we are all fools in the end. Time and again it's all been you stepping up for my sake, while I've watched with only helpless intent. You've done too much for me already, and yet here I am, having landed us both here. I remember, you told back on our way into the mountains after we met... that we would have to trust each other. I don't really care anymore whether I'm trusted or not, but I want you to know something."
She took a deep breath, as she stood up and stared ahead with a solemnity that rivaled her entirety. With the murmur of the blade's name, Seriel returned to her side and she cast Jack a blank stare.
"Whatever happens now, whatever so finds its way into my life I want you to realize I do only what I see in the worlds' best interests, and particularly yours."
She reached forward, her entire body alighting with blue mists as the bars of her prison froze about her and shattered with a shard of ice to each. With absolute calm she stepped away, pausing with a hand at the side of the entryway through which she had come. Again she looked to Jack, somewhat forlorn.
"The difference, Jack... is that that it's my turn to repay you."

Obliteration On Cheetos:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:35 am
User Image

"Well then he would be classified as a eun..." Jack stopped midsentance and looked over at Tessa, his lip twitching once. He went over to the bars and wrapped his hands around the bars. Looking at her seriously in the eye, Jack sighed. "Could you do me a favor and not do anything...stupid?" Jack asked.

His head twitched to the side as he heard movement and he clicked his fingers against the bars. "There are things you still do not know Tessa, things that could make all the difference in the world. Please remember that rash action brings around rash consequence, something that could do more harm than good," Jack said quickly in one breath. "If you are going to leave, you must do so quickly. The guards are alarmed,"

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:41 am
User Image

So cold...
The wit, the wisdom.
Here I stand,
Here I live...
Slowly dying...

Tessa nodded and took a step back for a moment before looking away to the exitway.
"Silence is granted in distraction, Jack," she said quietly, "if I am the less pressing concern or believed elsewhere, I should be fine. Still... thank you."
With her words, she moved out of the brig, her eyes quickly searching for the nearest viable cover she could attain.

Obliteration On Cheetos:

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games