Submit

Don't forget to read the rules!
  Polls are required in every thread. (:
View Results

Dante Alicheery

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:13 pm
TimeLord2
SkyKat_Pirate
As many others before me in this thread, I prefer Rose, but don't necessarily hate Martha. I liked Rose because for one I could sympathize with her quite easily especially whenever her borring-work-in-a-shop past was brought up. There was clearly a connection between Rose and The Doctor, and you could see it all throughout the first two seasons. By the time the season 2 finale rolled around I had become such a huge fan of her and her relationship with the Doctor that the ending had me crying like I'd never cried before in front of a screen (you would have thought my best friend had died or something from the way I was crying). Martha never had that effect on me. She was smart and spunky and all that, but I didn't like how she never tried to really understand what the Doctor had gone through with Rose. I did feel a bit sorry for her, but really there were just so many times I wanted to ask her if she'd ever considered trying to understand.

Now Donna on the other hand...yes, I have to say I dislike that woman. She annoyed me from the moment she randomly popped up in the Tardis at the end of Doomsday to her departure at the end of the Christmas special. I understand she's different from other companions, but does she really have to be so annoying to the point you want to smack her? I also found her to be quite rude and shallow...so I was not happy when I found out she would be the new companion. I'm hoping she'll change or they'll find a way to make me like her, but... confused

I've seen very little of Donna. But Doomsday had me bawling. The scene at the end just broke my heart...and my family thought I was completely mad, I was crying so much.

Who didn't have tears in their eyes by that last scene? neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:24 am
I think that Martha was way better than Rose.
Martha did not scream at every little thing. Also Martha was able to work without the Doctor's help. She helped defeat the Master, where Rose just cried without the Doctor.  

Theater Geek 500

browneyedgirl321

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:00 pm
I've only ever seen the 9th and 10th Doctors so I'm not really used to the whole companion switch thing. This is probably the reason for why I prefer Rose over Martha. For me, Martha never stood a chance. I was happy with Rose as the companion and I got really sad when she left. Then they throw in this Martha character who pretty much instantly claims to "love" The Doctor. So, yeah, I disliked Martha from the start. And sure, Rose cries a lot and Martha was much more educated and all that, and maybe things would have been different if Rose hadn't been before Martha, but that's just how things panned out for me.

As for the apparent return of Donna (of which I just discovered), well... hmm. At least she can add a bit of comedy to season 4. Frankly, I'm not all that jazzed about it. But hey, to each their own, right? That's just my opinion about things.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:52 pm
Teacup Fairy2
Martha did not scream at every little thing. Also Martha was able to work without the Doctor's help. She helped defeat the Master, where Rose just cried without the Doctor.

AMEN!
Also, i probaly als olike martha more slightly because she's (unfortunetly) easy to identify with. She is willing to do abosultey anything for the Doctor, because she loves him, even though she knows he'll never return her feelings, i am in the exact same situation, only without the timetravel, lol  

lemurs366

Ritzy_freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:19 pm
I'd have to say I love, love, LOVE Rose because I'm a hopeless romantic. Prehaps she was a little shallow about leaving her family and Mickey and prehaps she is a little stupid sometimes, but I loved that she and the Doctor connected and I saw a true love between them.
As for Martha, I think she's okay. My theory is that the writers wrote in Martha's crush to replace Rose but it didn't work at all. I like her as a person but I don't like that she was in LUV with the Doctor for a while. But As for Donna, the one episode I saw her in, I HATED it. I don't wanna say that I hate her, I'm just saying the one episode I saw, I thought she was a wee bitchy but that could change.

Hell, the first time I saw Rose, I thought she was annoying. But that was with the 9th Doctor.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:03 pm
lemurs366
Teacup Fairy2

AMEN!
Also, i probaly als olike martha more slightly because she's (unfortunetly) easy to identify with. She is willing to do abosultey anything for the Doctor, because she loves him, even though she knows he'll never return her feelings, i am in the exact same situation, only without the timetravel, lol

some people who agree with me, fantastic  

Alyssanya

Chaira Lily

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:31 am
Personally, I don't think either are good enough for the Doctor.

But, if I had to chose it would be Marthia. She wants to be so close to the Docotor but can't be and yet she has hope. She is alos able to assit the Doctor more by having medical experience. Rose was the 'people' person and Marthia is this too. But Marthia has the ability to lie and well.... I hate to have to say it like this but because of the difference of racial thoughts in the past (e.g. Family of Blood) it made it more interesting and realistic, with what the would say and act. Like Shakespare said "A Queen of the Afric - or is that not what we say now days?" (Somethign along those lines). You are also able to ... I don't know understand her more as well. I never felt that with Rose.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:55 pm
I know I've said this before, but I absolutely prefer Rose. Yeah, she could be a little screamy, but hey, if I was being attacked by a cyberman, I'd scream too. And she did stuff on her own, like bringing the dalek out of its metal suit when the doctor wanted to kill it. Martha just kind of hid behind the Doctor a lot. And kissed other guys right in front of him!!!! What was that???????? scream  

Alice_in_Wonderland19

Trixta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:28 pm
I frankly love Martha, but at the same time I'm quite fond of Rose. Each actress brought a different feel to the role of the Doctor's companion, and each have endeared themselves to me. Both women are gutsy, charming, and lovable in their own way.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:07 pm
Rose is the best.No fence to Martha but rose was a lot more interesting.Rose did a lot more.She went through more. But Martha help Beat the Master. mrgreen  

Rose Tyler Forever

hazuki sliver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:07 pm
yes but martha hasn't had that much of a chance yet has she  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:41 pm
Trixta
I frankly love Martha, but at the same time I'm quite fond of Rose. Each actress brought a different feel to the role of the Doctor's companion, and each have endeared themselves to me. Both women are gutsy, charming, and lovable in their own way.

Wow, you're so nice... That's such a good thing to say... I feel really mean now. I'm sorry, Martha!  

Alice_in_Wonderland19

Rose Tyler Forever

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:40 am
Rose all the way
mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:01 pm
Martha! Martha! Martha! She was tough! And had cool clothes!  

Vampersteen

The Real Jon Stewart

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:24 am
I like Donna. ;D

She's freaking awesome. I've always said this, people kept dissing her, and now that they've SEEN how awesome she is they're changing their minds. XD Win!

Rose was never believable as a character. Martha even less so. I disliked Rose, and I just didn't care about Martha.

Donna is wonderful. She feels like a real person, I love her.  
When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff