Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ANTHROBreedables
[PRP] Hey! Been hoping to find you! (Elijah/Relm) -again ^_^ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stormbreaker7

3,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:21 pm
Elijah stared at her for a moment with a look of concern in his eyes. Perhaps both of them had pushed this little back too far. They probably weren't ready for... whatever it was that was going on. "Ah alright. You're right," He smiled at her. "I don't think anything you would say would ruin anything for me, but... if you don't feel comfortable I won't make you." He gave her a wink and looked over at the group they had been listening on through out their conversation.

(( Would you like me to be the guys in the group or did you have something in mind? XD; ))  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:57 pm
The fluttering inside beat like crazy at the look he gave her and Relm very nearly said to hell with it right there. And.... Espers!! But could he be any sweeter? Damn the man, but he wasn't helping her resolve any. Gratefully Relm smiled and with her one arm hugged his -perhaps a little more than lightly. "More that I'm too comfortable..." She muttered softly, resisting the urge to lean her head on his shoulder. Relm could feel the soft heat of blush touch her cheeks and gave Elijah a silly smile complete with crinkling her nose. "Not about me being right, Musician. But if you're sure about what you said... Maybe I'll answer later tonight."

Green eyes followed his gaze casually. "Sooo... wanna say hi? Or how's it done these kind of places?" Interest. Curiosity. The precocious female had no problem what-so-ever jumping into the middle of anything... but this was for getting Elijah a band. She needed to have some standard to go by. The last thing she wanted was to mess up that.

((I've something I might use a little later on... *winks* you take these guys if that's okay? *hugs*))  

Trelweny

Stormbreaker7

3,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:15 pm
Ah. More maybes. The temptation of seeking out these unanswered mysterious became even more tempting to poke out, though a part of him was glad they were dropping this for now. The chance of knowing tonight made his heart jump a bit in excitment and nervousness. "Alright. Maybe tonight then." He nodded his head with the smile still sticking on his face.

He looked back to the group. "Well, usually you just join in real casual..." This was easier when there wasn't a mandatory goal behind it though. If they messed this up they lost their chance of recruiting anyone from this group of people.

The group of people consisted of a red panda anthro, a cat anthro, and a fox anthro. The three of them seemed to be talking about rock bass instruments and about a certain new one, one of them had managed to get their hands on. "Yeah. It's got an alder body. I played it a bunch yesterday. The strings were really weak though. Thing broke in like an hour. Everything else is great. Sounds real nice, you know?" The red panda went on, half bragging and half complaining about his new bass that sounded quite nice, but kept giving him a heck lot of problems.

(( Okay. *huggles back* ))  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:27 am
Real casual. Great. Not exactly the jump right in girl's way of doing things but... well could she act or not? Of course she could act! But... truth be told she was a little nervous. Not that it showed. Other than how she kept one arm looped with Elijah's.

"So it was great once restrung with good string, huh?" Relm flashed her best charming smile, but not too bright and hoped this was casual enough. Espers but she had never felt so nervous jumping into something like this! Please.... please don't let me mess this up for Elijah! With a half sheepish smile Relm gave a practiced apology. "Sorry... couldn't help but overhearing..."

Inwardly she crossed her fingers. She knew most of the terms... knew some of the differences... but when it came down to it, aside from singing some with the family and talking with Eljah she knew next to nothing about about the actual workings and sounds. Studying up before between when they planned this 'date' and now had given her a rough base to go off of -she did not have to go 'what's an alder body?'- but it was not the same as her knowing the difference between a Chocobo Brush, a DaVinci Brush and a Rainbow Brush. She lacked the personal experience and expertise of a true musician's input. Trel and her harp were little help here. The Harper seraphim kitsu, Talagand, though knowing all matter of how to play and make traditional instruments was likewise little help when preparing for a rock band setting.

But it was not like Relm to stand back and play the cute tag along. Well.... she could... but then... well... that would make it really look like they were dating and...

Relm stuffed down the fluffy-fluttery feeling within her chest. Get a grip, Relm! You've a job to do! Only the briefest tightening on Elijah's arm gave even the hint of anything awry.

Trelweny

Stormbreaker7

3,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:24 pm
The three of them directed eye contact on Relm, not seeming too surprised for someone to join in. The red panda raised an eyebrow," Well yeah. Kind of have too. Someone took away all my extra strings though because they were borrowing it so now the thing is just cruddy. These two idiots here." He pointed back at the other two in the group with his thumb. "Don't believe me it sounds better without a bunch of crud strung onto it though. So like I was saying it's a pain really." The fox anthro rolled his eyes,"Heh. Borrowing? Come on. You didn't mention that when you were showing it to us. You got jipped, man. Just admit it." The red panda glared at the other,"No way 'cause I didn't!"

Elijah listened into the conversation. He was only half interested in it though. It seemed just like some spat the three were having. "So how long have you been playing. Bass right?" He asked.

The red panda shrugged," I dun know. Five years about?" The cat anthro snickered," He still kind of stinks though." The red panda glared at the cat," Ah shut up. You're just jealous of my skills."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:45 pm
Relm gave a soft snort. "Of course the strings matter. Quality has to be complete or it's useless." 5 years... was that enough to get good at an instrument? She supposed it would depend on the person in question's natural aptitude & talent. Bragging rights aside, it could take someone a lifetime to come near her own gift with a paintbrush. Green eyes flicked from the bass player to his companions. "Do you play? Either of you?" Intentionally left open for type of instrument. Relm was also curious to discover if the others had any musical background to be decent 'judges' of their friend.  

Trelweny

Stormbreaker7

3,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:03 pm
The fox nodded," Yup. I play bass too. I've been playing it ever since I was a kid though. This guy is a real amateur with a big ego." He said and smirked at the red panda who frowned. Obviously, the other fellt he was pretty good after only five years. The cat shrugged," Nah~ I used to dabble a bit on the piano. I'm really into listening to the stuff and sometimes writing pieces." The red panda raised an eyebrow," What gives you the right to mock me then...?" He turned to look back at the other two. "What about your two? Do you play?"

Elijah grinned and nodded," Guitar. Since I was a kid too. It's my life." The anthro dog was quite proud of his own talent, even if he didn't go on bragging about it unless he was asked about it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:18 pm
Dammit. Question turned back on her. Inwardly Relm sighed; she had been hoping to not bring up her musical ineptitude so soon. But then she should have expected this after asking such a question. It was only natural for it to be returned. With a sheepish smile she shook her head, light brown curls bobbing around her face. "Nope. Just an appreciator of good sound and talent." Green eyes flashed with smile and daring. At the same time... she was hoping Elijah would not bring up that she sang. "Trained a bit, but my talents lay outside of music."

She paused thoughtfully. "Ego's not all bad... if you've the skills to match."

Trelweny

Stormbreaker7

3,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:38 pm
Elijah frowned a bit, quickly realizing she neglected to mention the whole singing thing. He realized she wasn't exactly that serious about it, but... she was pretty good at it. There must be a reason for her not mentioning it and Elijah was sensitive enough not to go pointing that out in front of a bunch of strangers.

The three of them chuckled. The cat anthro grinned," Well I'm a bit more experienced, but were pretty much in the same boat. You don't need to play an instrument to enjoy a concert, right?" His tail swished from side to side. "Sort of disappointing. She'd probably make a cute musician," The red panda said, bluntly, not caring how anyone took that. The fox anthro sighed at his friend and shook his head. The fox looked back at Relm," What did you train in?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:56 pm
Hm? Now why was Elijah frowning? For the life of her Relm could not think of a single thing in the conversation for him to be frowning about. But she didn't act like she noticed, sticking to the conversation and smiling back at the cat. "Right."

And then she felt the hint of warmth upon her cheeks that warned of a blush. While she did not care one whit about the red panda's opinion Relm was caught totally unprepared by his blunt comment. She quickly worked to reign the reaction in. How silly of her! But the fox's question almost equally blindsided her and inside Relm felt like a deer caught in headlights. Casually she sipped from her drink before bringing up her eyes to meet those of the questioner with a slight smile. "Voice."

Let them continue the conversation for a moment. Relm had to adjust herself for a slight shift in her 'act' quickly. And then... there was a foolish little flicker of thought in her that...

No. She wasn't going to let herself think that. End of subject.

Trelweny

Stormbreaker7

3,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:18 pm
"Singer? Heh. Interesting," The red panda smirked a little. He seemed interested in this as did the other two. "Really good singers are hard to come across. Think you could sing a little right now?" The fox asked. All three looked to her expectantly. There was still time before the concert began. Why not a bit of an opening act?

Elijah blinked and smiled a bit again. He had almost thought the other didn't like others knowing about her voice. He looked at her two out of the corner of his eye whie drinking from his drink as well. He was curious to know if she wanted to or not. If not he would find some way to step in...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:03 pm
And Elijah would be right. She didn't. But it had seemed at the time a good move to mention it to 'prove' as it were that she had enough musical background to know what she was talking about. Talk about backfire! At most she really had been expecting to be asked about where her talent did lie... but that not being addressed it really seemed better to answer the question rather than dance around it. Something like that, lying would be hard to cover later. It did not help that Relm did not wish to lie in front of Elijah either. Besides if they were looking for bandmates, they might see these anthros again. So truth really was preferable. In this case.

Now Relm was not so sure. She had not expected that singers were hard to come by. Nearly everyone in her 'family' sang, some taking Trelweny's training better than others. Her arm slipped from where she had it companionably looped with Elijah's and her fingers caught the folds of his jacket at the bend of his elbow and gripped tightly. "A cappella?"

Green eyes flicked to Elijah, questioningly. Not quite asking for help... more asking if he wanted her to. Silently saying that if he did want her to, she would. This was supposed to be about him finding a band though... would this help that? If it would, she should do it.

Trelweny

Stormbreaker7

3,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:49 pm
One of the few times he didn't bring an instrument along. If he had his guitar maybe he could of made things less on the spot for Relm. Figures this would happen. He stared back into her eyes with his own green ones. "If you don't want to do this you don't have to," He whispered to her. Relm was an artist, not a musician. This was like asking himself to draw something right on the spot. He liked Relm's voice, yes, but if she didn't want to sing he wouldn't blame her. She wasn't used to it.

The other three waited expectantly, curious about the hesitation. "Yeah I suppose a cappella. Nobody seems to have an instrument."

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:32 pm
yes but.. well Relm had grown accustomed to a home since arriving in Gaia where it was not uncommon for someone to break out in song randomly. Musicals were the movie of choice for Trel's three year old who loved to sing and dance along. sing-along nights, everyone getting some training...

And besides, where was this really any different than acting? Sure, Relm was not a stage actor, but ever since she could recall it was either one act for her or another. Why not an act of a singer? Her fingers tightened on Elijah's sleeve, nearly clutching the arm beneath. "Sure. Guess I can give it a go."

A smile, some show of the vast amounts of nervousness she felt but by no means all. Some was permissible. A thoughtful look actually accompanied and mirrored her internal pondering. What to sing? Not a ballad or folk song. Definitely not Celles' aria. Not at a rock concert. But she couldn't exactly go into some of the harder rock either. She didn't know it as well for one, but also it would do little to showcase her voice. Relm had enough pride to at least not want to downplay it, simple though she thought it. Any Pat Benatar would do maybe... but she wasn't in the mood for 'Hell is for Children' or 'Love is a Battlefield' -besides those might deter the conversation. Then she had it.

She pointed her her drink at the three, frowning slightly. "Now remember... I'm not really a singer, a'right?" Relm smiled and nodded the beat to herself in her head, breathing in from her diaphragm and not lifting her shoulders. Opening her mouth Relm released the first note on her clear alto. Slow... then speeding up & showing more energy as it went; like in the movie with the ogre Trel's son liked to watch rather than the original.

"Where have all the good men gone, and where are all the gods?
Where's this great wise Hercules to fight for the rights of all?
Where is there a white knight, upon a racing steed?
Late at night I toss... and I turn... and I dream of what I need...

I need a Hero!
I'm holding out for a Hero till the end of the night!
He's gotta be sure & he's gotta be soon & he's gotta be fresh from the fight!
I need a Hero!
I'm holding out for a Hero till the morning light!
He's gotta be sure & he's gotta be soon & he's gotta be larger than life!

Larger than life...

Somewhere after midnight -in my wildest fantasies-
Some were just beyond my reach
And some were reaching back to me.
Racing with the thunder
And rising with the heat...
It's gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet!

I need a Hero!
I'm holding out for a Hero till the end of the night!
He's gotta be sure & he's gotta be soon & he's gotta be fresh from the fight!
I need a Hero!
I'm holding out for a Hero till the morning light!
He's gotta be sure & he's gotta be soon & he's gotta be larger than life!

Larger than life..."

The pictomancer let the song fade there, her eyes overbright, her cheeks flushed. Her eyes sneaked to Elijah's face even while looking at the 3 strangers despite her best intentions not to. The song was wrong... and Relm did not want to think about it.

At least she had done her best. There was no embarrassment for her performance at least.

Trelweny

Stormbreaker7

3,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:15 pm
(( I'm finally feeling a little better. @_@; Over ten day delay... Wow, it really took me a while to get back into replying to everything. I'm sorry.

Whee! I love that song~ <3 ))

It hadn't been exactly what they expected. Yes, because it was pretty much a lot better. She sung a pretty nice song and managed to get all the words right, in front of a group of people she barely knew. If she had been nervous they hadn’t seen. "That was sweet," The red panda finally pitched in after a few moments of stunned silence. The cat nodded in agreement and the fox smiled and commented "You might not be an actual singer, but you're not bad for someone who doesn't do it for a living." All three were more than satisfied with what they heard.

A smile crept onto Elijah's face too as he had watched the performance. Now, he definitely had to agree with those three. That really was something. "Yeah, not bad at all. Impressive." He threw in. It was an interesting pick of a piece too. If she did pursue to be something like a professional singer there wasn't a doubt in his mind now that she could make it pretty far into the business.

The other three chatted for a few quick moments about the performance amongst themselves. They seemed impressed and excited by what they had just seen. As they did, Elijah had to wonder if Relm had felt too pressured to sing before, judging by the way she clutched onto his arm. Maybe he really should have stepped in. He was happy to have heard her sing again, but he couldn't help, but feel a little bad. Had she done that for him, maybe...?

ANTHROBreedables

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff