Welcome to Gaia! ::

The United Forums of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Tags: general, discussion, chat, hangout, intelligent 

Reply The United Forums of Gaia
The Venting Junkyard Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AirisMagik

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:16 pm
I am now female. ~~~

Gasp.

I don't see how they got confused, ever.
But.
You know.

There's an obvious reason for that. ;l  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:28 pm
Ryo: That doesn't sound too bad. It's probably a recent development in your district than it is in mine. The news also receives information far earlier than the public sometimes (or way late, depending). I remember CNN going to EXPO--Home Depot's interior decorator stores that were to be closing down and laying off jobs. CNN asked the people how they felt about the layoffs and they didn't even know! Companies are jerks nowadays. :/

Also, didn't notice Sirius' username change. I thought you were a new person. haha. I'll probably call you Sirius anyway. I dunno. I always got Sirius and Yst mixed up because their avies look similar.

Sephy and Sevi does get confusing...

Airis: et tu? You look pretty! 3nodding  

Sevi Rais

IRL Citizen

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:37 pm
People seriously mixed up Sevi and Sephy? I mean... how the hell...?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:58 pm
this show Fringe is the most derivative thing ever. first its entire premise is basically the x-files, and now it does an episode that is quite the ripoff of Snow Crash. have the show's creators never seen a picture of neal stephenson? his BEARD ALONE could beat them up. what were they thinking?  

kerminatrix

O.G. Nerd

Waltz for Luma
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:01 pm
It's bizarre to realize that someone in the UFG knows me intimately. x(

Lady Pyre
And thanks for changing your name, Aivi. The only way I ever got it straightened out was when Ryo told be Sirius Silverstar = Aivi and Urbane = Phoebe. Couldn't you have added a v in somewhere? gonk

Waltz = music
+ Luma = from Super Mario Galaxy

= Aivi the videogame musician  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:27 pm
Waltz for Luma
It's bizarre to realize that someone in the UFG knows me intimately. x(

Lady Pyre
And thanks for changing your name, Aivi. The only way I ever got it straightened out was when Ryo told be Sirius Silverstar = Aivi and Urbane = Phoebe. Couldn't you have added a v in somewhere? gonk

Waltz = music
+ Luma = from Super Mario Galaxy

= Aivi the videogame music nerd

I knew Sirius Silverstar was a videogame music nerd, but I still thought her real name was Phoebe. HOW DOES THAT HELP? D=  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

Waltz for Luma
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:31 pm
Phoebe once said she was named after Phoebe Cates, a model and actress. People in Hollywood have relatable names: Lucy. Angelina. Jennifer.

Musicians, on the other hand, have weird exotic names. Rihanna. Bono. Beyonce. (Aivi.)

If that doesn't work, just remember that I'm always yelling at people about my culture and telling stories about my parents who are Vietnam War refugees, so just remember that AiVi is a Vietnamese name for a girl who's a Videogame musician.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:34 pm
Yeah, okay. That works.

I still can't believe Usher is Usher's brith name. That poor kid... What was his mother smoking?  

Lady Pyre
Crew

Eloquent Elder

kerminatrix

O.G. Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:39 pm
see also: Apple, Moon Unit, BRONX ******** MOWGLI.

but then again i suppose it's different when you're already famous. for some reason it's, if not ok, at least expected for a famous person to name their kid some random noun or collection of letters, whereas it would be evidence of a disturbed mind in a regular person.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:13 am
I find it funny that we have to use equations to not confuse people. xd
And I can't believe you remembered my equation for Phoebs and Aivi, Pyre. lol

Uneth: Hey I disagree I'm not a racist ********. I'm culturally uninformed and tend to step in it a lot. I try to treat everybody the same.
Though if there is a racist ******** in me it's more towards Mexicans and blacks(gangster looking/acting kind) but that's not without cause.
Blacks and Mexicans are the majority of crime makers here. emo

I'll reply to everything else later, it's bed time for me.
I've got to keep telling myself that, or I'll easily ******** myself over. crying  

Aeolusis
Crew

Hey Pasta

Shameless Genius

9,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:24 am
Man, I wish I had an exotic name rather than a relatable name.

I love how it barely took any time at all after I realized I didn't loathe WoW quite as much as I used to for something to happen to make me dislike it just as much again. *kicks something*

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:45 am
Beretta Grimm
See, this is why I flunked history. I SUCK WITH NAMES. My memory is in pictures so I'm actually more likely to remember avatar styles and personality traits than screen-names. talk2hand

(like, I totally had you all listed as seperate people in my visual memory, but names. erm. No?)

You must have gotten me and Sephy confused a lot back in the day. Our avatar bases were pretty much exactly the same.

also lol i want to die ): okay not really die thats extreme but holy ******** this is the worst ive felt in a long time

Prince Reddy

Romantic Reveler

Waltz for Luma
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:45 am
Well, when you need an equation to tell apart two Asian girls who have nothing in common and are 4 years apart in age, it's kinda hard not to blame racist ********? xD I mean... you could've confused me and Pazzy or Sor or something. There's no other reason for several people to mix up me and Urby. As you guys said, we're totally different in personality and interests and avatars, you just knew that one of us was called "Aivi" for ethnic reasons (and we're not even the same ethnicity, haha).

It's OK though - in all fairness, I'm a racist ******** too. I can't tell the white people apart from each other on Heroes, and I don't bother differentiating between the different ethnicities of white Americans. Much like we're all "Asian" to most, most people are just "White" to me.

I also detested hearing "Happy Chinese New Year!" yesterday because b***h, I ain't Chinese. [/racist ******** - Jennifer is one of my favorite names ever. I used to name all of my dolls Jennifer, and every Jenny I know is so sweet and nice... The only mean one was "Genny" as in short for "Genevra," so she wasn't a real Jenny. <3

@Reddy - Seriously, I was just thinking about that earlier. But you both have your own style! Also, what's wrong? ): *hug*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:57 am
My boyfriend can't move here for another 7 months at least. So were going to take a break until he gets things sorted out, because it'd be easier on me (mostly because I've been putting job searching on hold until he could get here to help me 'cause of like a bunch of mental health/emotional development problems and so we'd have time together for a bit when he first comes over without worrying about a work schedule and leaving him with no one to hang out with.) I've been struggling with myself for years and waiting another 7 months will just be worse for me in the long run. So to get relationship pressure off me while my sister tries to help me get better (and once I get insurance, a therapist as well) we're going to be just friends until he's got almost everything together.

And I know it's going to make things easier, but it still hurts to think about. And this all should have been figured out ages ago, but he lost his job and had to go to the doctor (but couldn't get an appointment because the office was backed up and it wasn't an emergency) and just everything has gone wrong trying to get him here.

Prince Reddy

Romantic Reveler

Waltz for Luma
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:12 am
*huggle snuggle* That's really rough. I'm sorry that things didn't go the way you planned, I can't imagine how heartwrenching it must feel to hear that the day you finally get to be together is delayed. :[

Hopefully those 7 months will fly by before you know it... you'll still be in touch, won't you? I admire how strong you are to be taking some time for yourself like this. And I think you are in need of a special medicine called Beyonce's "Sasha Fierce" album. x3 It's the first thing I'd turn to to nurse a wounded heart.

But seriously... feel better, sweetie. We're here for you if you want to talk about it. <3 <3 <3  
The United Forums of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 332 333 334 335 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games