Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Lolita Society.

Back to Guilds

Tags: gothic lolita, japanese fashion, lolita 

Reply The Lolita Society.
Our Lolita Album! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 98 99 100 101 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Mochi]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:28 pm
Fabie01
I went to my first meet ups these past couple weeks. you can see the pics here.

http://strawrose.livejournal.com/37640.html#cutid1

And here

http://j9isawesome.livejournal.com/118439.html#cutid1

Haazzaaa!

Ooh~ You were at the ice skating one? I was the one in the Macarons. biggrin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:43 am
I REMEMBER YOU!!!!!
i was the one in blue.  

Fabie01

Ninja_Mina

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:05 pm
Fabie01
I went to my first meet ups these past couple weeks. you can see the pics here.

http://strawrose.livejournal.com/37640.html#cutid1

And here

http://j9isawesome.livejournal.com/118439.html#cutid1

Haazzaaa!

This is dreamy and the treats look yummy
: ]  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:27 pm
Wore this out today...

Next time, different socks or a pink blouse. Definitely need to unpack my hairbows, too. <_<;;

User Image

User Image

spuntino
Crew

p2mAngil

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:04 pm
This is my first Loli outfit. I made the skirt and the top is just one I found at goodwill..(I love goodwill xd )
User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:26 pm
Spuntino: I love your outfit though I think white socks would tie everything in together better. I just can't imagine you with a pink blouse on. I can imagine this with that navy cardigan you modified on the sewing section :3

Also love the shoes.  

-Lolita_Kana-
Captain

Partying Genius

12,615 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

spuntino
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:00 am
p2mAngil:
I saw your post on EGL! It's a good go-round for a first try. :3
I think everyone else already offered you constructive criticism there, so I'll keep it to myself and just say that you look very cute! The skirt seems well done, and it's always nice to make something for yourself, right? It's just so much more satisfying.

Kana:
Thanks! And yeah. Definitely.

I love the print and those socks together, but the print's pink is way too subtle unless you add more in like with a cutsew or blouse, or get way up close. Maybe a pink hairbow? I need to get some fabric to sew a bow for my other JSK, which lost its necktie, and it's the same shade of salmon...

I dunno. It's something I need to mess with, either way. The outfit was pretty casual, since I was photographing my friend and not myself. haha But yeah, white socks is probably the best option for the next go round, and a light blue hairbow I think. :3

Also, the shoes great! I wish they were more powder blue to match the JSK better, but they're soooo comfy. Secret Shop and Mashimaro Girl are footwear boons from God to lolitas. I swear.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:34 am
well, I wanted it to look like a kimono but after that I wanted it to be a Wa lolita rofl so you choose whee

User Image

User Image

ainoryoku

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Friendly 100

amylee2211

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:04 am
A few shots from the day before yesterday ^_^

User Image

User Image

User Image

(excuse the wet shoes please, i was caught by a quick shower with two of my friends, and apparently one umbrella was not enought for all of us sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:32 pm
I think that it turned out looking very nice! Definitely a good choice. The blouse is much more opaque than I expected. I was thinking it would be georgette or chiffon! Very cute!

My one suggestion is perhaps to make that bow a bit more structured? It looks a bit odd being so floppy compared to the rest. Perhaps you could tie it as a neater bow, then attach it to a broach pin so it has a little bit of a better shape?

spuntino
Crew

xsunriseangelx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:35 pm
@ amylee2211

I like the colors you used in your outfit, but it doesn't seem to all fit together perfectly.

Basically what I noticed was that the skirt doesn't seem to be belong. The contrast between the vest and the skirt seem to cut you in half (if you know what i mean).

Maybe to solve this bring some black elements into the skirt, like maybe have a black bow to transition between the black vest and the pink skirt so that the transition isn't quite so sharp.

Well its only an idea. :]  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:47 am
spuntino
I think that it turned out looking very nice! Definitely a good choice. The blouse is much more opaque than I expected. I was thinking it would be georgette or chiffon! Very cute!

My one suggestion is perhaps to make that bow a bit more structured? It looks a bit odd being so floppy compared to the rest. Perhaps you could tie it as a neater bow, then attach it to a broach pin so it has a little bit of a better shape?

I was actually planning to make a sort of a cravat to "match" the outfit better, but i need to thank you for the other alternative 3nodding

xsunriseangelx
@ amylee2211

I like the colors you used in your outfit, but it doesn't seem to all fit together perfectly.

Basically what I noticed was that the skirt doesn't seem to be belong. The contrast between the vest and the skirt seem to cut you in half (if you know what i mean).

Maybe to solve this bring some black elements into the skirt, like maybe have a black bow to transition between the black vest and the pink skirt so that the transition isn't quite so sharp.

Well its only an idea. :]

Erm... actually the skirt is brown, not even close to any shade of pink, but, of course, my camera (or maybe even your computer screen - mine does that too sometimes, especially when my dad had been working on it; he always sets it a lot more brighter than it should be and when i come back, everything close to white (i.e. pale pink or blue) looks white) might have distorted the true colour.

Knowing this, i think, you might say that the outfit is a lot more balanced (brown pumps, brown hair and neck bow) smile  

amylee2211

xsunriseangelx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:58 am
Ok well maybe its the light distortion thing... I also never really see any color as brown so maybe its my wording too

I didn't mean to say that the outfit isn't balanced, I do see the same shade throughout the outfit and for the most part it works. Its just in the skirt area that seems a little strange to me..

I actually experimented a bit on photoshop, making the entire image black and white so that i wouldnt be distracted by the colors of the outfit. I still think the shades of the colors contrast a lot, but this might also just be my computer.

Here's a link if you'd like to see what I'm thinking:
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k271/choco_sity/amylee2211ideas.jpg

Basically I'm seeing a dark shade on the vest and a dark shade for the socks and it seems like the skirt is 'floating' on top, not really connected. Does that make sense? Hm well if you see the picture maybe my point will be more clear.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:00 pm
Me and my friends had a Loli picnic on Friday and we took lots of pictures!

Beware: There's a lot of pictures to load so if you don't think your browser can handle it, it's probably best not to click.

http://blackstoneblues.livejournal.com/6231.html

Thanks for looking! (I'm the one in the pink apron thing by the way) heart  

SleepyJelly

amylee2211

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:16 pm
Trinka Trinka
Me and my friends had a Loli picnic on Friday and we took lots of pictures!

Beware: There's a lot of pictures to load so if you don't think your browser can handle it, it's probably best not to click.

http://blackstoneblues.livejournal.com/6231.html

Thanks for looking! (I'm the one in the pink apron thing by the way) heart

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, really ^_^
I had a picnic yesterday actually, but still haven't gotten the pics from my friend - when i do i'll most probably post a few smile  
The Lolita Society.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 98 99 100 101 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games