Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 712 713 714 715 716 717 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deuxia Devonair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:51 pm
xd xd Snakes? *does a google search*

LOL! Sounds odd, but fun. I was wondering why there was green all around. How is the parade? Plastered? Wth? xd

And now stupid Question #2: What is Groundhog's Day? xp sweatdrop

Sorry.. Deuxi feels so dumb now. gonk crying  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:54 pm
*sigh* No, AD is dumb. She tends to forget that not everyone knows American holidays. *head collides with desk*

I didn't go to the parade, but my brother did. I'll ask him how it went.

Plastered = really, really drunk. xd

Groundhog's Day is February 2nd. It's an old superstition about a groundhog seeing its shadow. If the groundhog (chosen by newstations, or god knows what), sees its shadow, spring is coming. If not, there will be another 6 weeks of winter. It's one of the most retarded holidays ever created and has no scientific bearing on anything. Although I might enjoy it more if it involved partying.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Deuxia Devonair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:15 pm
xd xd I did the google search for Groundhog day.. and went "WTF?"

(Maybe I should look for a celebration from us you could see as "dumb", so we are even.)

xd LOL! I saw a web site with a bunch of men in top hats who were the "local dignataries to pass on the tradition" and went.. "WTF+?" xd heart

AD is not dumb. She's one of my heroes. eek heart  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:23 pm
Songjewel > That's weird. Maybe it's because green is hard to match things with?

Akahoshi > I still can't believe that the great Pimpkahoshi has given up all of her shoes. O_O
And don't get rid of that hat. It adds a certain... allure/clashing insanity to the rest of your outfit. biggrin

AD > Laurels are the only green thing that I find acceptable. Anything else seems to offend me. Or maybe I'm used to having red hair which clashes with everything....  

Sir Langley
Vice Captain

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:24 pm
I know, I know. Groundhog's day is ridiculous. sweatdrop Believe me: it wasn't my idea. xd

Do you have any dumb holidays? xd We also have Arbor Day (celebration of trees...?), Sweetest Day (like Valentine's Day, except only celebrated in Ohio, for heaven's sake), Labor Day (I don't even remember. Everyone gets together and grills hamburgers).

AD ish so dumb sometimes. xd heart  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:26 pm
Sir Langley
AD > Laurels are the only green thing that I find acceptable. Anything else seems to offend me. Or maybe I'm used to having red hair which clashes with everything....

That's quite possible... Try on something green to see. xd  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Nyome

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:43 pm
Ashram>> sad it does. I have some weird immune system that doesn't work. u___u;

o.O eek! *flees*

(( Apparently, so does Langwifey. biggrin ))

Akahoshi>> OOo.. linux. XD that explains it. Oh well, if you're out to get a program, don't get photoshop. OC/Painter is your friend. biggrin

Or get the gimp as a substitute for photoshop while you go looking for the CD. ^^;

AD>> woah. o__O; $11K. My art teacher doesn't even draw with/for us or shows us her artwork. We're not all that sure if she's an artist at all... ~__^;

==

On another note, Happy St. Patty's Day~! ^___^;;

I have no green in my inventory. D: I searched long and hard. T__T
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:46 pm
Abandoned Dreams
I know, I know. Groundhog's day is ridiculous. sweatdrop Believe me: it wasn't my idea. xd

Do you have any dumb holidays? xd We also have Arbor Day (celebration of trees...?), Sweetest Day (like Valentine's Day, except only celebrated in Ohio, for heaven's sake), Labor Day (I don't even remember. Everyone gets together and grills hamburgers).

AD ish so dumb sometimes. xd heart

Well.. I have heard of some dumb holidays. At my school, we celebrated "The Green Mango Day" xd You could eat green (un-ripe) mangoes, with lime juice, hot sauce and pumpkin seed powder. (Sounds icky, but tastes oh-so-good). We also celebrated Oktoberfest. xp

I think there's a soldier's day, a nurse's day and the "Cross day". On that day, you out a cross made out of a certain type of wood, if not, the devil dances in front of your house, WTF!? (You even recite a prayer that is repeated lots of times, like a mantra, so that "the devil doesn't visit you")

This wood has some sort of skin, and it is like that because of some ancient pipil (mayan) ritual to offer the skin of the defeated warriors in war to the god of the sun. (Like a reminder).

Then, when the Spaniards came, this was substituted with offerings to Christ instead of this god (Xipetotec). So, when you go to Catholic Churches on this day, you will often see wooden-crosses with tons of local, yummy fruit. The best part of it is the feast. You eat fruit until you drop. xd heart

It's on May 3rd.

3nodding  

Deuxia Devonair

Deuxia Devonair

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:56 pm
All> Deuxi ish currently obsessed with this animation and wants to share.

MUST. WATCH. NOW. SO CUTE! whee heart

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/207942  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:07 pm
@_@;; Holiday fun... xO  

Find_The_XdOGx

Sir Langley
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:43 pm
Abandoned Dreams
Sir Langley

That's quite possible... Try on something green to see. xd

Yes. My pants don't match my head now. :\  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:03 pm
Nyome - Waah? That's absurd. xd

Deuxia - ...

...... xd !! OMFG WHAT?! xd

Lang - ...right. Whatever you just said, I'm sure that I totally agree.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Memai-kins

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:50 pm
Green is never hard to match anything with, just look at me. And my avi has red eyes xd

*pinches everyone for no good reason*

Buh, holidays in Malaysia consists of giant parades, lots of food, lots of visiting and lots of cheapo soap operas. There's no holiday that could be considered 'dumb' here :p Although, slimming centres get one hefty amount of cash after the holidays xd *has gained at least a few kg's*

AD >> Yesh, I'll be having an art auction soon. Emphasis on the 'soon' xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:16 pm
I think they just don't have a lot of green clothes in the shades of green I like. Meh.

In other News, Andre Norton passed today. DAYAM she got old.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/books/03/17/obit.norton.ap/index.html  

Songjewel

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:30 pm
AD- Fire? :O That's sounds yummy. x3

Deuxi- O M G . . . I heard that song a while ago, and I loved it, but never knew what it was called! Dx It rocks so much. whee  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 712 713 714 715 716 717 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games