Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oh the Lovely Arts!

Back to Guilds

Stories, poetry, roleplays, short stories and more... 

Tags: Lovely, Poetry, Roleplay, Arts, Writing 

Reply Roleplays
The Hearts of Men (1x1 with Eternal Chronicler) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:09 am
User Image
_,.-~*'`'*~-.,_Ilyia Nerian_,.-~*'`'*~-.,_

I may be the hand of Mystriel...
I may be her instrument of justice.
I realize I am forever her servant.
I will still stand for what I believe.
If there are those who will oppose her,
They must stand against me.
I will not give in.

The shadow didn't even move as the constricting tendrils bound her immobile, but on Jack's approach her image went translucent and shifted forward, much as it had from her original. She solidified in a spin with her blade out to connect with the man's neck.

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:13 am
User Image
Jack------------------------------------------
------------------- Cortez

Of Blood and Gold I know,
of the freedom of a ship,
and only the wind holding you back.

Jack dropped into a crouch, sweeping his leg out in front of him as he did to in order to connect with Shadow Ilyia's legs. Outside Adeska was unable to rouse her mother and looked to the sky in panic before running back to the cabin, a loose plan forming in her mind. The door banged open and she stretched out her hands, the force of a hurricane gale blowing through the cabin, upsetting the table, chairs. The desk tipped over, parchment and maps spilling everywhere, ink bottles cracking, candles snapping in two. The force of the gale was directed towards Shadow Ilyia. Adeska's eyes were a dark gray, the color of the ocean in a storm.

This is what I loved...And lost.
[OutrageousObliviousCats: ---]

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:20 am
User Image

I will not give in.

The shadow's leap over Jack's leg found her more vulnerable to the subsequent rush of wind hurling her over his body and skidding to a halt on the other side of him, though as she stood up the phantasmal following of her own figure marked her complete stability from being blown any further. She raised her blade defensively.
"Well-played, Adeska," she remarked, "but I do what I can to be ready for all things."

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:28 am
User Image

Adeska humphed and raised her left hand, eyes flashing darker. "See, I did not spend my days imprisoned without finding my own capabilities," She said, lightening speeding from her fingertips in erratic patterns, flashing around the cabin, all eventually speeding towards Shadow Ilyia, while Jack twitched his left wrist, waiting for an opportunity.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:31 am
User Image

I will not give in.

The shadow's eyes widened slightly and after a brief dance between bolts - many of which echoed into the indigo cackle of her own injuries - a phantasmal silhouette of herself glided out through Jack to the other side of Adeska, lowering its stance and holding the blade across herself as her body did the same, but suddenly the first was gone, the entire movement followed through in a violet flash of power between one location and the next.

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:37 am
User Image

An onslaught of ice shot out from Adeska, forming a cacoon of a blizzard that deflected the energy from her and away, although Jack fell to one knee, shaking his head as he fought past the nauseating pain that rolled through him, for once happy he had no heart to beat. The blizzard faded after a while and Adeska spun, looking to where the silhouette had glided, frost on her skin cracking with the movement.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:46 am
User Image

I will not give in.

Another blast of violet lightning held around Ilyia's shadow for a moment and coiled several times about her frame, and with a furious scowl she spun again and raised a hand to Adeska, to which a binding collar of darkness formed about the girl's throat and lifted her several inches from the floor. With her blade behind her she could easily have decapitated her but she held back.
"I have no doubt of your capacity, but you might take into account who you're dealing with."
She began to swing across, to finish Adeska
but a silver flash of light arced much like Ilyia's extended blade both intercepted the blow and shot straight through her shadow, as she allowed herself to breathe again, albeit in pained panting.
"And you might take into account there are two of you," she added with another strike.

The bond disippated and a massive burst of violet lightning broke out from the shadow before it simply faded away into nonexistence.
Ilyia, still wearied and down on a knee, dropped her weapon to the deck below and used the now-free hand to support herself.
"I wouldn't have lied..." she panted, "I can pretty safely say Despair's done with us now..."

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:59 am
User Image

Adeska collapsed to the floor and sobbed silently, hands around her throat as she trembled with fear. All hints of power about her person were gone. Jack coughed many times and raised his eyebrows.

"Ouch," He remarked, moving over to sit against the bed. He looked across the expanse of the room, the table seeming to bleed as wine dribbled down it. He sighed and rubbed his forehead at the destruction.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:03 am
User Image

I will not give in.

Ilyia picked herself up after a moment and inspected the intensity of the streaks assailing her body, and without too much worry made her way to the cabin, again given substantial pause at the wreckage. She lowered her head in shame.
"I'm sorry," she said quietly, "if I'd have known this would happen I'd have gone..."
She looked up to Adeska with a worried glance and dropped against the door frame, eyes dark with contemplation.
"Are you alright, Adeska?" she asked after several moments.

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:08 am
User Image
Adeska------------------------------------------
-------------------Nessin

I was a child of sin.
I carry my mother's power.
I was possessed.

Adeska wiped her tears away and nodded silently. She looked at the floor before saying something in a cracked voice that sounded like "I need to leave," The girl ran out onto the deck and climbed the railing at the front, looking down at the water the ship was cutting through. Anyone looking on may have expected her to jump, but she was merely clearing her mind, clinging to the low ropes of the rigging.

This is no more.
I am my own master.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:13 am
User Image

I will not give in.

Ilyia watched with increasing alarm as Adeska fled the cabin. After granting herself a moment to see that the girl had no direct intention to jump overboard she turned to Jack and the clatter within the cabin.
"Perhaps I can help with this, Jack? I imagine I owe you that much at least."

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:19 am
User Image

"That would be...welcome to say the least." Jack said wearily, wiping his forehead with a sigh. "A hurricane, now why didn't I think of that?" He muttered to himself, reluctant to admit that he was in slight awe of his half sister's abilities. Then again, he didn't fully know what he could do. The poisoned blade slipped out onto his hand and he flipped it around in his hand a few times thoughtfully before standing, painfully. He flipped over the table and lifted it to its regular position with a slight groan as his body protested movement.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:27 am
User Image

I will not give in.

Ilyia offered a small laugh and set about straightening what she could of the various papers scattered throughout the cabin.
"I would imagine because you didn't want to risk anything and..." she cast a worried look through the doorway, "and weren't used as a tool for it for the majority of your life."
She shook her head to free herself from the line of thought and stole a glance over to Tessa. That she had managed to remain unaware of her surroundings for so long worried the Creation, and for a moment she considered the worst, but the Half-Elf remained uninjured somehow. Again Ilyia frowned slightly in thought.
"I suppose I should be going soon, with the Despair threat done away with..." she said glumly.

Order Of Chaos:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:27 pm
User Image

"Why? We still have Isobel to deal with at one time or another, no?" Jack asked, up-righting the desk before frowning. He didn't want to stress himself too much, but there had to be a better way to clean up the various liquids. Outstretching his hand, the liquid on the floor balled together as if solid before dissipating into steam. He leaned on the desk with a sigh before bending over and placing the candles back in their candle holders before placing them on the desk.

The_Scarlet_Lark

Kares-Eternal Chronicler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:34 pm
User Image

I will not give in.

Ilyia looked up to Jack for a moment and smiled. Isobel was certainly no trifle, and in fact the Creation was looking for some reason she might be allowed to stay. She nodded her head slightly and continued about her work.
"Thank you, Jack," she said after a time, "I guess seeing myself in that much of a twist struck me a little deeper than I'd thought. I'm sorry if I seem a little depressed for it."

Order Of Chaos:

Roleplays

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 121 122 123 124 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games