Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Disney's Little Secrets
Jouney into Imagination!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you been on the original Jouney into Imagination ride?
  Yes!
  No.
View Results

Chansey_is_Hot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:34 am
Hey, does anyone remember the original version of the "Jouney into Imagination" ride. You know, with Figment and it's creator the Dream Finder. Well, they then changed the ride almost a decade ago, and took out the DreamFinder and Figment, and made it into the Imagination Institute, still called "Journey into Imagination" however. But, there were a lot of complants made that Figment was gone! (Believe me I was one of the people who wrote to the Disney Company about Figiment's absence)

Well, anyways, figments now back in the ride. But, where's the dream finder? The theme of the ride is still quite different from the original theme, which was based off of pure imagination. It still has the institute feel to it. But, yeah they still have a reference to the DreamFinder in the newer ride, which has been around for some time now! On one of the doors you pass either waiting in line or on the ride itself, it says "Dean Finder" on the door. That made me very happy.

Also, if you go to Mouse Gears a store in EPCOT, you can find the machine the Dream Finder used to ride in the first room of the original ride. He created figment from that machine. It hanging along the side of the wall up high. It's near the entrance towards Test Track. I flipped when I found it.

Those who went to Disney World in the early 90's, look through your picutres from your vacation and see if you find a picture of you with the DreamFinder and Figment! He used to walk around the ride a lot!

I have to say, this was my favorite ride!

Here is a picture of the DreamFidner on his machine, blimp thing. You can see figment on it too! This is what is in Mouse Gears!

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:58 pm
I went to Disney World in '95 but I was only 5 so I don't know if we even went on that ride then, but we did go on the newer version in '03  

CeaCia
Crew

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

Chansey_is_Hot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:04 pm
Aneyana
I went to Disney World in '95 but I was only 5 so I don't know if we even went on that ride then, but we did go on the newer version in '03

Was figment in it? I think it was the newest version of the ride you went on so he should've been. Figment freaken rules!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:08 am
I've been on both rides, and I must say that I like the newer one. Plus they now have a car that wheelchairs can ride on, just to help my grandmother. The ride itself it cute ... but nothing I would brag to my kids about ... Noway has a much better ride!  

Asteria Prince

Asteria Prince

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:39 am
Oh and yes, the first one had Figment in it ... back then

Figment was to Mickey as Stitch is to Mickey

well, as far as popularity goes

now if you ask a kid who Figment is, he will roll his eyes and return to his video game!  
Disney's Little Secrets

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games