Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fix Offers On Gaia!

Back to Guilds

This guild was created to help Gaians speak up about the offers. 

Reply Safer Offers
just a thought

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rhi Who

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:51 am
I just had a thought, when i was hear back in the hear is your pesant dress day's. gold was much harder to come by.

it took me months of fishing and vending to make 3000 G

It is allot easer to make gold now. so easy that if you know how I can make 3000 G in half a hour.

I know nothing about economicks. But I wonder if gaia is perhaps planing to switch to Gaia cash.
and that is why Gaia is not worried about the hords of gold building up.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:38 am
God, that thought sent a shiver down my spine! Scary!

If Gaia switch to GC then it would be Pay-to-Play, and subsequently die.

I remember the good old peasant gear lol. I absolutely hate the 1-5g newbie gear they came out with and now you don't even have to buy them, every new account come with all the cool, warm, and neutral newbie gear for free. ALL of them.  

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

GigaForte
Vice Captain

4,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:10 am
Gaia's not switching to gaia cash. Really, why would they? They're not tards.

However, they could allow gaia cash to be used in the marketplace, which would ruin the gaia economy. It's unlikely, but that's what you should be worried about.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:56 pm
GigaForte

However, they could allow gaia cash to be used in the marketplace, which would ruin the gaia economy. It's unlikely, but that's what you should be worried about.

Okay, THAT would be disturbing.  

la dentelle
Vice Captain

Feline Demigod

23,725 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Hero 100

Keiko Dreams

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:50 pm
GigaForte

In my opinion the Gaia economy is already ruined. Prices in the marketplace have skyrocketed since last summer. And I'm sorry - that isn't due to a lack of "gold sinks" and never was. It's primarily due to a never ending parade of cash items that people can and do sell for vast sums of gold in the market. Want a million gold? Buy 4 dolphins for cash, sell them "cheap" in the marketplace, and you can have it in a few minutes.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:52 pm
" Buy 4 dolphins for cash, sell them "cheap" in the marketplace, and you can have it in a few minutes. "

so that is where all the gold is coming form.  

Rhi Who

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:16 am
User Image
When you sell in the marketplace, the gold isn't just popping up from nowhere - someone have already obtained it and thus, selling on the marketplace does NOT ruin the economy.
If you want to stop the skyrocketing, think about where else you get gold. Do you know it? I tell you.
Mostly booty grabbing, I'd say. And a bit from zomg, if you are out during the right time of day and scramble a crew together decently fast, then saw mill can earn you about the same amount of gold as booty grab.
There were also some mythril coins you could buy for cash and then have exchanged into gold, but I'm not sure if they're obtainable any more.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:09 am
I honestly wish we had more gold sinks. I've been getting bored of gaia lately and if you want the latest items then you need to get cash then sell w/e you bought and then buy the item. DX I've paid enough already. I don't plan to stay here forever most likely, thus I won't pay for something I would end up quitting. I understand gaia is a company and all but making a few more gold sinks wouldn't be so bad.

Maybe that could be our next goal lol. After the whole offers thing. I mean I think we are pretty much done. I didn't really help though ^^;, but I still think we can't expect gaia to drop all of the offers .__.  

Nostraamus

Friendly Lunatic

8,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:56 am
User Image
Alright, so why do you want to latest items? The gold shop got lots of good stuff.
As I see it, gaia is a hangout - tektek is for awesometasktic expensive avatars.

If your only goal on gaia is to get the new items and then leave, then you may want to switch to tektek right now and forget about this site.

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but it really isn't like they are forcing you to buy the cash items. They are tempting, yes, but there's still no one forcing you. You can use any feature on gaia without ever spending more than 1k-2k (rough amount for a socially acceptable shop outfit). That includes accessories.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:59 pm
Agrees, I make awesome avatars all the time with an estimated value of less than 30-50K

Just check out my current avatar, Except for the kunai and masquerade lipstick, everything I'm wearing is 2K or less.

The_Witch_Aryllia
User Image
Alright, so why do you want to latest items? The gold shop got lots of good stuff.
As I see it, gaia is a hangout - tektek is for awesometasktic expensive avatars.

If your only goal on gaia is to get the new items and then leave, then you may want to switch to tektek right now and forget about this site.

Sorry if I'm sounding harsh, but it really isn't like they are forcing you to buy the cash items. They are tempting, yes, but there's still no one forcing you. You can use any feature on gaia without ever spending more than 1k-2k (rough amount for a socially acceptable shop outfit). That includes accessories.

User Image

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Safer Offers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers