Reply Our Lies - The Official Gaia Rasputina Guild
Oh Perlious World! ~6/26/07~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yoen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:28 pm
Who is sitting in anticipation for the new Rasputina CD to finally be released?!?!?!

This email was sent a little while ago... i am just slow in posting it sweatdrop

Melora
Hello.

The release date for our new album is set-in-stone, June 26.

Please come see us at thee following recitals, see below.
Sarah Bowman will be sitting in 2nd chair, and The Bowmans will be opening.

Don't forget to sign Al Gore's climate change proclamation.
http://www.algore.com/cards.html
Today is the last day for that.
It doesn't matter if you like him or not. I'm sure we're all into making a statement for survival.
RECITALS:
Fri-Apr-06 NEW YORK, NY — GRAMERCY THEATRE
Sat-Apr-07 PHILADELPHIA, PA — THE TROCADERO
Mon-Apr-09 ALBANY, NY — WAMC PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
Tue-Apr-10 BURLINGTON, VT — HIGHER GROUND
Wed-Apr-11 ARLINGTON, MA — THE REGENT THEATRE
Thu-Apr-12 FALL RIVER, MA — NARROWS CENTER FOR THE ARTS
Fri-Apr-13 Northampton, MA — IRON HORSE MUSIC HALL

Love from Your Pal,
Melora

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:42 pm
Rasputina's New Album Set For June Release

Story by: Tom Duffy

Brooklyn chamber-rock outfit Rasputina are set to release their sixth full-length album, Oh Perilous World!, June 26 via Filthy Bonnet. Following the release of her 2006 solo album, Perplexions, singer/lead celloist Melora Creager spent the last two years scouring over daily world events and adapting them into songs.

"I wrote the songs featured on Oh Perilous World! over the last two years when I realized that current world events were more bizarre than anything I could scrounge up from the distant past," she says. "I obsessively read daily news on the Internet and copied words, phrases and whole stories that especially intrigued me and compiled a vast notebook of this material."

Original from Kansas, Creager moved to New York at 18, where she began playing her cello in rock bands. She joined local band Ultra Vivid Scene, who recorded three albums for cult British label 4AD and went on to open for the Pixies and Throwing Muses. But it was after touring with Nirvana as a cellist on their In Utero tour that she decided it was time to branch out on her own, thus creating Raspuntina.

Oh Perlious World! is performed by Creager, alongside drummer Jonathon TeBeest with second chair Sarah Bowman.

Tracklist For Oh Perilous World!:
01. 1816, The Year Without A Summer
02. Choose Me For A Champion
03. Cage In A Cave
04. Incident In A Medical Clinic
05. Draconian Crackdown
06. Child Soldier Rebellion
07. Oh Bring Back The Egg Unbroken
08. Old Yellowcake Breaking News
09. In Old Yellowcake
10. A Retinue Of Moons/The Infidel Is Me
11. The Pruning

This was copied from HERE  

Yoen

Yoen

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:18 pm
User Image
I was successfully one of the top 500 people to order the new CD and thus got the limited edition CD...
I am so excited for it to come... and it is gonna come 4-6 days after the release so i don't have to be all depressed that my Rasputina CD is at my home being un-used while i am in Japan!!!! xd xd

Oh... and i lied about the tracklist sweatdrop
Tracklist For Oh Perilous World!:
01. 1816, The Year Without A Summer
02. Choose Me For A Champion
03. Cage In A Cave
04. Incident In A Medical Clinic
05. Draconian Crackdown
06. Child Soldier Rebellion
07. Oh Bring Back The Egg Unbroken
08. Old Yellowcake Breaking News
09. In Old Yellowcake
10. We Stay Behind
11. A Retinue Of Moons/The Infidel Is Me
12. The Pruning  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:54 pm
Now that the CD is out and all... What does everyone think of it??

I like it a lot, though I must admit it took me a while to get into. Some of the songs seemed pointlessly complex to me at first (with so many different parts...), but I've gotten used to it. 1816 is still my favorite song on the album though. How about everyone else o.o???  

Jeg Hyan

Yoen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:05 pm
I liked every song with my first listening... but it did take Child Soldier Rebellion a little time to catch my hear to a point where i wanted to listen to it more...
I did find the lyrics on this album to be more complex then any other's album lyrics... i mean it took me forever to memorize Draconian crackdown... and even still i need to listen to it in order to sing some parts xd

The only complaint with the album i have is the set-up i would have had We Stay Behind before In Old Yellowcake and cept the melody together and made Retinue of Moons and The Infidel is Me individual tracks...

My favorite song on the album would have to be a battle to the death in the afterlife between Draconian Crackdown, 1816, and Yellowcake... so a three way fight if you may...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:06 am
Yes! I really agree with that Retinue of Moons and The Infidel is Me should be seperate songs! So much so that I've actually gone into my music programs and seperated them at one point... But that never turns out so great -.-;;;  

Jeg Hyan

Our Lies - The Official Gaia Rasputina Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff