Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~*The Official Yugioh Yaoi Guild!*~
yami and bakura do not go together!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yamixyugi rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  PUZZLESHIPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Results

mY~sHAKESPEAREAN~rOMANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:03 pm
someone please explain to me why they, in their craziest dreams woul dthink that yami and bakura belong together.

you're nuts. atem and yami are the same person, so this is also against the couple atemxyami.

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE PEOPLE. ITS NOT JUST DREAMING ANYMORE, YOU'RE JUST CRAZY.

heck, putting kaiba and yami together is already treading the line.

i mean, seriously. lets think for a minute. kaiba barely knows yami, except when they're duking it out over a children's card game.

bakura hates yami because he is the pharoah, whose father KILLED HIS ENTIRE VILLAGE AND FAMILY.

yes. that obviously makes sense, bakura being in love with mass murderers. or at least, as yami is the son, he will be treated that way. no matter what.

in the end, i accept all yaoi pairings. but...

I WANT YOU TO EXPLAIN SOME OF THESE WEIRD ONES!! OK???

AND SERIOUSLY, IF YOU JUST LIKE TH PAIRING CUZ THEY'RE HOT, JUST SAY THAT. that's a perfectly legitimate reason, it just will never happen.

and i notice that, most people don't actually explain how bakura and yami are supposed to fall in love, they just say they did.

i don't blame them. you still try to write good stories. i read them too. but them falling in love and making it a good story just is impossible.

other than that, i want this to be a crazy discussion about our favorite pairings, and why some of them are just not happening, besides the fact they are supposed to be "cute" or "hot."

also, pegasus and any young or main characters does not work. to me.

and tristan with any one besides the gang people doesn't make sense either. GO FIGURE.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:06 pm
IF anyone wants to see why i feel this way,

GOOGLE ALL THE WRONG PAIRINGS by bayleef.

the only one there that is wrong to be is yamixyugi.

and if your line is farther than mine, yamixkaiba.

im not trying to be rude here, but seriously. if the couple doesn't make sense, it really shouldn't be there. it should be under the "HOT" section. ok?

if you dont agree, tell me why.

if you do, tell my why, and be happy.

if you just think the pairing is cute, go figure.  

mY~sHAKESPEAREAN~rOMANCE

mY~sHAKESPEAREAN~rOMANCE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:10 pm
ok, and seriously, weevil with anyone doesn't make sense either. especially not yami and gang.

and not rex. that's just weird.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:28 pm
hello??

bump!  

mY~sHAKESPEAREAN~rOMANCE

Mizuko-sama

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:26 pm
I have to admit. I'm not at all fond of Darkshipping or whatever "sexual tension" fans claim they have. In fact, absolutely I loathe that pairing, because it completely dismisses and tramples on canon facts. Yami Bakura will never go gooey and mawkish for his enemy. I don't care what the fanfics depict, that isn't Bakura, that's an imposter.

Now, put yourself in my situation: "I can't stand Darkshipping and its implausible fandom is driving me NUTS. What do I do?

And so we go to the next point: don't get involved with them.

People are allowed to support whatever they like and if you happen to dislike those things, don't get involved.

There will always be people supporting unlikely pairings such as these, and there's nothing we can do but respect their opinions. In other words, live with it.

You don't need to make a thread like this. It'll just stem hate from the fans. Besides, for discussions such as these you're probably better off in Janime.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:41 am
Oh gosh Janime forums are scary... I haven't been in there for years, but everyone always fought about couples and Anzu and shounen ai... once a moderator called yaoi trash, and I asked her not to because it could be offensive to people who like yaoi, and she threatened to ban me! I ended up leaving... wasn't worth it... people on Gaia are so much nicer and more tolerant of other peoples' opinions... but anyway, I can't see Darkshipping working either, though the pairing does give me a laugh sometimes. I don't mind that it's popular though... Only two pairings that really bug me from being popular are Prideshipping and Silentshipping... Prideshipping because it seems like that's all I ever find when looking for doujinshi and Silentshipping because of all the crazy people convinced that Shizuka wrote a poem for Kaiba and won his love in the manga, and they keep trying to force that idea on everyone... *shivers* THAT NEVER HAPPENED! Kaiba and Shizuka never even interacted in the manga... ~_~;; Sorry about that... went on a rant... *cough*
Aw, but I like Honda pairings! X3 Chaseshipping and Buddyshipping especially... Just because Honda's hair resembles a block of wood people don't like to ship him... ;_; If you just pay a bit of attention to his character, you'll realize taht he's much more than a comedy relief. (especially in the manga) He really cares for his friends and is a very fair and just person. (like when he wanted Yuugi to save Kaiba and Mokuba during Duelist Kingdom because Mokuba had saved his life during Death T.) And he's such a sweetie... I can see him being really protective of Jounouchi too, which is where Buddyshipping sprouts. ^^  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Akila_Ishtar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:10 pm
mY~sHAKESPEAREAN~rOMANCE
someone please explain to me why they, in their craziest dreams woul dthink that yami and bakura belong together.

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE PEOPLE. ITS NOT JUST DREAMING ANYMORE, YOU'RE JUST CRAZY.

If we really want to get into this discussion... many pairings are crazy and seem impossible. And yet, we ship them because they are crazy.

I'd have to disagree, and say SetoxJou is a more obscene. In order for puppyshippng to work one or more members of the pairing needs to be OOC, or else the pairing would fail at life. I know this because my friend's been reading the fanfiction trying to see if it actually works in character and it hardly does at all.

However, I'm not defending Yami and Bakura. Hell, I think ANY shipping of HikarixYami together are just insane in themselves. And yet, you say that Puzzleshipping does make sense? Perhaps they makes sense, but how would the pairing even make sexual contact? How can you be in a relationship with someone who is IN you...? That doesn't make much sense either.

mY~sHAKESPEAREAN~rOMANCE
I WANT YOU TO EXPLAIN SOME OF THESE WEIRD ONES!! OK???

AND SERIOUSLY, IF YOU JUST LIKE TH PAIRING CUZ THEY'RE HOT, JUST SAY THAT. that's a perfectly legitimate reason, it just will never happen.

and i notice that, most people don't actually explain how bakura and yami are supposed to fall in love, they just say they did.

i don't blame them. you still try to write good stories. i read them too. but them falling in love and making it a good story just is impossible.

I don't think that is the cause. Like I've said, I think nearly half the pairings out there are retarded and other people love them. That is fine, they can try to make them work and I can try to make my own work. Just because a pairing is more out of the box, or takes more work to actually make sense doesn't make it less of a pairing then the obvious ones. I actually think highly of people with unusual pairings, and wonder how they did work that out in their head. I think it's sorta neat. And I disagree with your last line. You ought to not generalize like that.

mY~sHAKESPEAREAN~rOMANCE
also, pegasus and any young or main characters does not work. to me.

and tristan with any one besides the gang people doesn't make sense either. GO FIGURE.

Pegasus isn't even that old though... he is 24, and... I can see him with some of the young males; I mean he does still watch cartoons, it seems like he likes childish and fun things.

And I like Tristan with people. Just because he doesn't have the pretty long hair the other guys do, doesn't mean he isn't worthy of being in a pairing.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:58 pm
Akila I love you... XD;;  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Kavvana

Eloquent Phantom

10,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:25 pm
O_O;
I don't think I'm going to get into this one too deeply.

Some pairings make more sense than others. But Yami and Bakura doesn't seem that bad too me. I think it's actually kinda cute, but I don't particularly like it. The only pairing I'll KILL against is probably the Kaiba brother's nasty incest.
You can't really argue with fans anyways... everyone has their own reasons...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:09 pm
Quote:

Okay, that is not a legitimate reason! And just because most YGO pairings are unlikely, don't assume that people don't have any logical reason for liking them. I support MarikxBakura not only because I find it hot, but because of their similarities. I find it entertaining to see how they would interact.

See? Even if it's unlikely, I can still formulate plausible reasons to like it. And I'm sure other people can too. They may have other reasons you haven't identified yet.

Besides, they already know it won't happen, but sheesh, you don't have to rub it in. talk2hand

Quote:
Oh gosh Janime forums are scary... I haven't been in there for years, but everyone always fought about couples and Anzu and shounen ai... once a moderator called yaoi trash, and I asked her not to because it could be offensive to people who like yaoi, and she threatened to ban me! I ended up leaving... wasn't worth it...

Nuuuuuuu! A moderator in Janime did whaaaaat? crying

She must've been severely scolded for that, though. There are other people higher than her there and what she did was a really immature thing to say. But knowing the guilt and shame the Janime staff often induce, I worry for her safety. sweatdrop

Quote:
Hell, I think ANY shipping of HikarixYami together are just insane in themselves. And yet, you say that Puzzleshipping does make sense? Perhaps they makes sense, but how would the pairing even make sexual contact? How can you be in a relationship with someone who is IN you...? That doesn't make much sense either.

To be honest, I didn't really understand her post. That's probably why I can't see the Yami x Yuugi comment. I can only hope my answer doesn't get too farfetched. gonk

By saying that, I suppose you mean it makes sense 'emotionally' but not 'physically'. I'll skip my explanation for the former since everyone already knows about that ( xp ).

Two people do not need to have sexual contact to love each other.

But even so, in the anime and in the manga, it is depicted that even when only one of them is in control of the body, the other can still touch or hold the other even in spirit form.

This is just one example:

User Image

I don't know if they performed some sort of ritual to achieve this, but in the last duel between Yami and Yuugi, we see them as seperate people (without one being transparent). That means it's possible.

Just in case some of you are already contemplating the issue, Puzzleshipping is NOT incest. Although Yami may inhabit Yuugi's body, they are still two separate people, with two different souls. (refer to this thread: HERE )

Actually, I'm more worried about the fact that Atemu doesn't even exist anymore. Oh well...the joys of fanfiction. sweatdrop  

Mizuko-sama

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:25 pm
@Mizuko: Well, the Janime dealie was quite a long time ago... XD;; The forums have probably gotten cleaned up since then... I remember they went through a large revamp shortly after I left. But the only enjoyable thing I can remember is a thread where we would all write captions to different YUU*GI*OU screenshots. XD;; That was fun... but otherwise there were always people who would fight about Anzu and if she was a good character or not, then there were the Kaiba arguments, and of course the overall couple arguments, and it was just so... frustrating. ^^;; I'm sure it's much better now though.
And since Atem is now in a sense dead... I guess that makes Yuugi a necrophiliac! X3  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:54 am
Oh yes, teh Kaiba debates. xp It's carnage I tell you, carnage!

The only safe place is the FanClub section... sweatdrop  

Mizuko-sama

Akila_Ishtar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:52 pm
@Mizuko: *shrug* Just cause I don't get it, doesn't mean it's wrong.

But, for me, I think the emotional aspect isn't the only thing necessary for a relationship. I don't believe in online dating for the same reason, I believe their ought to be some amount of contact. I mean, physical contact is a biological need isn't it? Sooo... mostly I guess I'd feel bad for them not being able to get that.

At any rate, other than me being indifferent, I don't have a huge amount against it. So it's worthless for me to argue it any further.

But I don't like the ignorance of the YamiBakuraxRyou argument. It really, really irks me. =.=  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:14 pm
The stereotypical Tendershipper is one of the only things worse thant the stereotypical Puppyshipper...  

Kitsune Ketz Kwineight

Tricky Shapeshifter

19,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Mizuko-sama

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:55 am
Akila_Ishtar
@Mizuko: *shrug* Just cause I don't get it, doesn't mean it's wrong.

But, for me, I think the emotional aspect isn't the only thing necessary for a relationship. I don't believe in online dating for the same reason, I believe their ought to be some amount of contact. I mean, physical contact is a biological need isn't it? Sooo... mostly I guess I'd feel bad for them not being able to get that.

At any rate, other than me being indifferent, I don't have a huge amount against it. So it's worthless for me to argue it any further.

Very good post. I understand what you're trying to say and I too have no further arguments about it. 3nodding

Quote:
But I don't like the ignorance of the YamiBakuraxRyou argument. It really, really irks me. =.=

Oooh, please clarify what that argument is about. whee

Quote:
The stereotypical Tendershipper is one of the only things worse thant the stereotypical Puppyshipper...

This sounds interesting. Do define those stereotypical fans. blaugh  
~*The Official Yugioh Yaoi Guild!*~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces