0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Johan-Monster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:38 pm
This is the adaptation of the story My Most Prized Possession. It is a screenplay. It is the first screenplay I had ever written. It is just the first part of the story. Sensei looked over it already and I made some corrections but it is still far from perfect. Tell me what problems you had with it and what you liked about it. You can be brutally honest if necessary.

Risen Hearts (Part 1)
Screenplay

1) (Trista is a 10 year old girl that helps out with her family, because of their financial problems. She is kind and cheery.)

Trista is in a field digging up dirt with a garden hoe. She has dirt and sweat on her face.

(Elena is the mother of Trista. She is a housewife. Their house has many problems with it so she is always busy working around the house.)

Elena: Dinner is ready! (Says this while in the house)

(Makoto is the father of Trista and the husband of Elena. He works as a police detective. His partner is Jude. He does not get paid a lot, but he tries to keep a positive attitude towards his situation. He also tries to sell rice)

(Jude is the partner of Makoto. He has been Makoto’s partner for four years.)

Trista wipes the sweat from her face with her forearm. She walks to the direction of her house. She opens the house wiping the sweat from her face with a white towel. She looks and sees Jude. He is at the front door in facing his back to Trista.

Jude: See you tomorrow at the station. (To Makoto)

Jude waves at Makoto on the other side on the room. Makoto waves back. Jude turns around and puts his hand on Trista’s head. Trista makes a funny face. Jude removes his hand from her head and walks out of the door and closes the door.

Trista: Is dinner ready daddy?

Makoto: Don’t know, you have to ask your mother.

Elena opens the kitchen door with a bowl of rice in her hand.

Elena: Dinner is served! (She closes her eyes and smile after she says this.)

2) Trista, Elena, and Makoto are sitting at the round dinner table in the kitchen. Each of them has their hands together and their heads downs.

Trista, Elena, and Makoto: Thank you for the food.

The three lift their heads. Elena and Trista start to eat their rice. Makoto stares at the center of the table. (Pause)

Makoto: I’m sorry ….

Trista and Elena look at Makoto.

Makoto: You two have been working around the house day and night. But the only type of reward you get for it is this torn down house, one pathetic meal a day, and one pair of clothes. I wish I could give you more, you deserve the best.

Makoto and Elena both have their heads down. (Pause)

Trista: That’s alright daddy.

Makoto and Elena look at Trista.

Trista: Because I have the only two things that matters to me, my mommy and daddy. And that is the only reward I will ever want. (She smiles after saying this)

Makoto’s eyes are shaking and then tears come down them. He stands up and hugs Trista. Elena stands up and hugs Trista and Makoto.

3) Trista is lying in her bed sleeping. In another room Makoto and Elena are laying in their bed sleeping. The phone next to Makoto’s bed rings three times.

Makoto: No one is home right now leave your name and number after the click. (This is Makoto’s voice from the answer machine)

(Rinji is the younger brother of Makoto.)

Rinji: Brother, I am going to come over early in the morning to help Trista plant some rice, see you tomorrow. (This is Rinji’s voice from the phone/answer machine)

It starts raining outside. Someone in black gloves is standing at the front door of the house. He starts picking the lock to the front door. He opens the front door quietly. He walks into the house and closes the door quietly. He puts a suppressor on his handgun. (You never see the man’s head.) Makoto opens his room door with his gun, and then points it at the man.

Makoto: Who are you?

The man takes a few steps closer to Makoto. Makoto sees that the man is Jude. Makoto smiles.

Makoto: You scared me. What are you doing here…?

Jude points his gun at Makoto. Makoto eyes open wide. Jude shoots Makoto once in the heart. Makoto holds his chest and falls to the ground.

Makoto: Why…?

Makoto’s eyes slowly close.
Elena walks through her room door. Her eyes open wide and she puts her hand on her mouth. Elena runs to Makoto and gets on her knees.

Elena: Makoto! (Yells)

Trista sits up in her bed. She hears a thump sound. She gets up and walks to her room door and opens it. She sees both of her parents’ bodies on the floor in a puddle of their blood. (Elena is holding Makoto’s head in her lap and she is leaning over). She also sees Jude about ten feet from them with a gun in his hand. (Trista’s eyes are shrunken). Jude walks up to Trista slowly. Trista is still looking at Jude. Jude stops when he is right in front of Trista. He points his gun at Trista’s head. Jude stares at Trista’s shaking eyes. (Pause) Jude points his gun down and turns around and walks toward the door. He opens the door and walks out of it and closes it. The door does not close completely. Trista is still in the same position. She falls to her hands and knees. (Her long hair covers her face.) Tears drop to the ground. (You hear Trista crying softly.)

4) Rinji steps out of a beat up pick up truck. He walks to the front door of Makoto’s house. He takes out a key and puts it to the hole. The door opens slightly without Rinji turning the key. He hears the voice of Trista crying. He opens the door and sees Trista on her knees in a puddle of blood with her hands on her face crying while Makoto’s and Elena’s bodies are next to her. Rinji mouth and eyes opens wipe. Trista removes her hands from her face. Her face has tears going downs it. Trista looks at Rinji.

Trista: My only two rewards in life are gone and I can never get them back. (Her eyes are huge when she says this.)(After she says this a tear goes down her face.)

5) Trista sits up. (She is in a tiny room on a bed) She looks to her front and then looks to her side and sees Rinji in a chair facing her.

Rinji: I see you finally woke up. You cried yourself to sleep minutes after I came.

Trista puts her head down.

Rinji: Currently your house is a crime scene. Surprising they already have a clue who did it. They suspect Jude.

Trista mouth opens.

Rinji: There were some rumors that he could be working for some criminals but your father never believed a word of it. At the moment he is no where to be found. The police checked his bank account and they found large sums of money going in there monthly. I have no other choice but to take you in.

Trista lifts her head up and balls up her fist.

Trista: I saw him (Pause) standing over my dead parents’ bodies.

Rinji looks at Trista with a shocked look on his face.

Trista: I don’t care how long it takes or what I have to do to see him again. I will find Jude and kill him.

Trista looks at Rinji.

6) Rinji: So with the motivation of revenge Trista started to train day and night with every gun she could get her hand on as I quietly watched her in the shadows. Countless times I tried to talk her out of destructive goal, but I soon realized that her determination was unbreakable. Trista eventually learned how to shoot incredibly accurate at insane distances with average handguns. She has also been trying to track down Jude, but every time she gets a lead they lead her to another person that puts her at a dead end and the cycle continues. She’s lived this way for 7 years and her heart grew cold in the process.

(While Rinji says that….) (Black screen) Trista sits up slowly in her bed. She gets up from her bed and walks to her bathroom. She turns the light on a looks in the mirror. (It does not show her entire face until she looks in the mirror.) She looks beautiful and at the same time she looks sad. (This scene happens slowly.)

7) You see a wooden pole. Then a bullet goes through it. Then 2 more bullets hit it close by the first one. Trista is holding a gun with smoke coming from the barrel. She fires three more shots. Trista holds the gun with both hands close to her heart. And close her eyes. She also tilts her head back. (Pause) She opens her eyes, turns her uppers body around, and points her gun at a man’s head that is behind her. (The man looks poor and dirty looking.)He puts his hands up.

Trista: Don’t ever sneak up behind me again.

Trista turns back around and lowers her gun.

Man: Is that how you treat the man that found the location of Jude?

The man holds up a small piece of paper. Trista eyes open wide. She turns around completely and tries to grab the man’s paper. He pulls it away.

Trista: Give it to me!

Man: What kind of treat am I going to get in return?

Trista stares at him with a mean glare. He puts his hands up.

Man: I am just kidding.

Trista looks away.

Trista: How am I supposed to know if he is really there? You could just be lying.

Man: I checked the place out. I even spoke to the guy.

Trista looks at the man slowly.

Man: I told him that I was new in town. I asked for his name and the fool actually left his real name.

Trista: I will pay you the money after I leave Jude’s house.

Man: How did you get so much money anyways?

Trista: All of my parents belonging and money was left to me in their wills. I haven’t touched the money so you will get your cut.

Man: It is hard to believe that you will give your parents’ money to me.

Trista: Jude killed my parents so I feel that the only way to spend their money is to find him.

Man: What will you do if you are seen?

Trista: Anyone that is in my way will die.

The man hands Trista the piece of paper. Trista holds the paper in her hand and stares at it.

Man: After years of training and tracking you finally got what you have been looking for so don’t blow it, because I doubt you will get a second chance on a job like this.

Trista holds the paper in the air.

Trista: Don’t worry…. by tomorrow Jude will be dead.

cool Trista walks into her room and sets the gun on her bed. She sits down on the bed and bends over to the side and picks up a box the size of a shoebox from under her bed. She sets it on her bed. She opens the box slowly and you see a shiny silver gun and a silencer. She picks up the gun, and then she picks up the suppresser and lays it on the bed. She quickly points the gun to the door and opens her mouth and looks surprised. Then she sees Rinji standing there and she points her gun down.

Rinji: You found the location of Jude, huh?

Trista: How did you know? (She looks down while she says it)

Rinji: I just have the feeling that something inside of you had finally snapped.

Trista: Somehow I just know that Jude is on the other side of this address.

Rinji: Are you going tonight?

Trista: Yeah. (In a low voice)

Rinji: Are you really going to take a life?

Trista: Of course I am.

Rinji: So what will you do after you kill Jude?

Trista is still looking down. (Pause)

Rinji: I remember you when you were a little girl. You were so delightful and cheerful.

Trista is still looking down and she is completely still.

Rinji: I refuse to believe that that little girl is completely gone. On the outside it may seem that the curse of revenge has token over you. But I still see that little girl with a huge smile on that face.

Trista: I glad that you still see that little girl, but that girl died with my parents. (She looks up when she says this)

They stare at each other. Rinji turns around.

Rinji: I don’t believe that. (Pause) I don’t believe it at all.

Rinji walks through the door and closes it. Trista stares at the door.

9) It is raining outside. It is raining on a house. Trista is standing in front of the house in all black. She pulls put the paper she got earlier. It rains on the paper. She looks at the house. (Shows her eyes) She balls up the paper and puts it in her pocket. She takes out the gun she had earlier from her coat pocket. She takes out the suppressor she had earlier and puts it on the gun. She holds it to her heart with both hands and tilts her head back slightly. It thunders. Jude is in his house kitchen. (Jude looks older) Jude walks out of his kitchen. He gets shot in his shoulder. He holds his shoulder with a painful expression on his face. Trista steps out from the shadows of his living room. She shoots him in his thigh. He yells and falls to his knees. Jude looks up at Trista. Trista walks up to him with her gun pointed at his head.

Trista: Doesn’t feel good when it’s the other way around, huh?

Jude: You’re Trista! (He says it shockingly and opens his eyes wide.)

Trista stares at Jude. A woman comes out and gets on her knees quickly.

Woman: Don’t kill my husband. (She has a scared look on her face.)

Trista: Interesting, you have a wife. Maybe I will kill her first to torture you. (She has a smile on her face and her eyes get bigger when she says this.)

Trista stares at them and they stare at Trista. Trista points her gun to Jude’s wife.

Jude: Don’t do it. (Yells)

A boy runs out in front of Jude and his wife.

Boy: Don’t hurt my mommy and daddy.

Jude: Get out of the way. (Yells)

The boy has tears in his eyes. (The boy is close to his parents, but he is not close enough for them to touch him) Trista looks at the boy. She imagines seeing her parents dead on the ground and then her in a puddle of her parents’ blood. Then she sees herself with tears in her eyes after her parents were killed. (When she looked at Rinji) Trista looks terrified. Her eyes open wide and her mouth is trembling. (Shows the gun shaking and then she lets go of the gun) Trista looks at her hands trembling and then her puts her hands on her face and drops to her knees simultaneously. She starts crying. The family of three looks sadly at Trista as she cries on her knees.

10) Trista is sitting on the front porch right in front of the door. Jude opens the door and walks through it, then closes it. He spins her gun and stops it with his thumb and hands it out to her.

Jude: Here’s your gun.

Trista puts her hand up and takes it without turning around. She lays it on the porch next to her.

Jude: So what are you gong to do now? (Pause)

Trista: I don’t know. (She lowers her head when she says it.)

Jude puts his head down.

Jude: I’m sorry for all of the pain I caused you. You did not deserve it. (Pause) The only thing I can do is to tell you the name of the man who paid me to kill your father.

Trista eyes open wide.

Jude: His name is Seth Dracul. He is a crime lord and your father was coming close to incriminating him. I hope that is enough to go on. I know that is not close to redeeming me for what I have done. The truth is that I am not the same man I was a long time ago. I truly want to live on with my family. That is all I know.

Trista: I won’t bother you or your family anymore. I put you all through enough hell for a lifetime.

Trista picks up the gun and places it to her heart and holds it with both hands. Her head is down.

Trista: But now I find Seth Dracul and kill him no matter what obstacles stand in my way.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:54 pm
I like this. Lots of detail. At first it sounded like I've heard it before but you added elements that kept me interested. ^.^  

heartlessHACHI

nya_Neko-chii
Crew

Single Gaian

21,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Divorced 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:16 pm
Interesting.. =)  
Writing Circle

Manage Your Items