Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Reader's Guild

Back to Guilds

Are you a book lover or aspiring writer, join us. 

Tags: book, read, writer, authors, fanfiction 

Reply The Reader's Guild Main Forum
my book list

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

forgetmenotpink

3,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:07 pm
hey! Im new on this guild and I am looking to expand my book list its very long now but i want more books for it. I love romance adventure books and happy books but keep in mind i am 14 years old. so any ideas

also a Synopsis wouldbe nice  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:24 pm
I have a couple that you might want to read, if you like romance & adventure in one; (keeping in mind your age of course) but I havent read them in years (dont worry theyre not old books of course,lol) , but since i never throw away any of my books, theyre around here somewhere, so ill post back if i can during the weekend, while i look through them to find them, and ill give you a synopsis of each of course to see if you like them. So keep checking, I'll be posting again soon smile  

Artemis Gly
Captain

forgetmenotpink

3,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:10 am
k thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:41 pm
hmm...well for a little baby like u...lol joking, im 14 too.

Desert Crossing- 3 teens go on a long roadtrip and hit something on a deserted road; a lady lets them stay while the cops investigate [romance is in it]

Enders Game- [scifi, no romance, futuristic outer space kinda thing]

Go Ask Alice- [about drugs, u might not like it, kinda graphic]

Go Ask Malice- Vampire slayer diaries pretty cool, a little romance, some action.

Twilight- if u havent already

The Giver -Amazing book, pretty short but a great message, the future, memories, not romantic but a great book.

aanndd if u want more, pm me or something, I'm loaded with book idea i read like 6 a week  

PyroDogs94

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

forgetmenotpink

3,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:29 pm
dogsrox94
hmm...well for a little baby like u...lol joking, im 14 too.

Desert Crossing- 3 teens go on a long roadtrip and hit something on a deserted road; a lady lets them stay while the cops investigate [romance is in it]

Enders Game- [scifi, no romance, futuristic outer space kinda thing]

Go Ask Alice- [about drugs, u might not like it, kinda graphic]

Go Ask Malice- Vampire slayer diaries pretty cool, a little romance, some action.

Twilight- if u havent already

The Giver -Amazing book, pretty short but a great message, the future, memories, not romantic but a great book.

aanndd if u want more, pm me or something, I'm loaded with book idea i read like 6 a week

i own twilight and all of her books and enders game and the giver i will have to check our the other 2 thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:41 pm
Srry, for not getting back to you yet, but about the ones dogsrox94 offered, i've read The Giver and it's a great book, i bought it after I had read it, just to have it, unfortunately it was some years ago, and it got lost, thinking of maybe getting it again,lol.(without losing it this time)  

Artemis Gly
Captain

Artemis Gly
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:17 pm
Meg Cabot books, I have to look it up, but she has book under another name too...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:53 pm
k thanks  

forgetmenotpink

3,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Symautica

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:29 pm
Go Ask Alice & Enders Game are both really great recommendations, expecially Enders Game (one of my personal favorites).

When I was a teenager, the one series i'd have to say that got me into fantasy books was The Belgariad Series. It has pretty much everything you'd want in a series, and all of the characters are so interesting they really could have a spin off of each person and i'd be interested in reading everyone. I love it when an author is creative enough in that way to make me interested in even just the side characters. So here i'll wiki a sypnosis for ya:

The series tells the story of the recovery of the Orb of Aldur and coming of age of Garion, an orphaned farmboy. Garion is accompanied by his aunt Polgara and grandfather Belgarath as they try to fulfill an ancient prophecy that will decide the fate of the universe. Along the way, various "instruments", or helpers, of the prophecy join their quest.

It's 5 books long, but none of them are overly thick, definately an easy series to get into ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:04 pm
thats souds like a somegood books i will check them out biggrin  

forgetmenotpink

3,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Umi Pryde

5,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:46 am
Anything within your age range by Charles De Lint.

Vivian Vande Velde is another great author, Companions of the Night, Heir Apparant, Dragon's Bait and the Book of Mordred are my favorites of hers but she has several more that are great reads.

Finder by Emma Bull, may be hard to find but it is worth it. I'll type up the back of the book for you.

"Welcome to Bordertown. A hybrid community of misfits, oddballs, and runaways. Where humans, elves and haflings co-exist. Where magic and the brutal realities of survival clash and mix. For Orient and Tick-Tick... it's just home. Orient is a finder. A finder of lost things. His gift will come in handy. Human kids seeking wild thrills in Nevernever- mostly restricted to elves- are being lured into taking a new drug that morphs them into Truebloods. Except this is a one-way trip. The drug kills everyone who takes it. It's up to Orient to find the killer."

Another good series is the Young Wizard's series by Diana Duane.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:16 pm
I love romance/adventure too smile !

How about:

The Three Musketeers (Alexandre Dumas)
Come on! Does it really need a synopsis?! Legend of a book.

The Black Tulip
(Alexandre Dumas)
Cornelius van Baerle is a tulip grower who wants desperately to be the first to grow a perfectly black tulip but he finds himself caught up in politics when his godfather is murdered and is imprisoned. Still he intends to grow that tulip! - With the help of the jailer's daughter. Very cute :}.

The Prisoner of Zenda (Anthony Hope)
Young, English gentleman, Rudolf Rassendyll, travels to Ruritania where he bares a strong resemblance to Rudolf Elphberg who is about to be crowned King. The rival to the thrown attempts to seize power and Rassendyll soon finds himself impersonating Elphberg - and falling in love with the Princess Flavia who's intended to marry Rudolf Elphberg.

Prince Of Foxes (Samual Shellabarger) -- (Haven't read, on the look out, hear it's very good)
Don't ask me!

Captain Blood (Raphael Sabtini)
Doctor, Peter Blood, is wrongly accused of treason and sentenced to slavery. After he makes his escape he turns to piracy. Adventure with a very sweet bit of romance where he falls in love will the cruel slave-owner's niece.

Under The Red Robe (Stanley Weyman)
Very cute adventure about a man called Gil De Berault. He fights in a duel despite the Cardinal's edict, then makes a bargin with him [the Cardinal] for his life. Goes mad for the man he's supposed to arrest's sisiter :} - only he thinks she's his wife!

A Gentleman of France (Stanley Weyman)
An impoverished French Gentleman in the rein of Henry III is promises to go on a mission to retrieve a young, beautiful but snobbish noblewoman, by Henry King of Navarre. Love it!

Afraid I only know the historical, intrigue and swordfights and pistols-at-dawn kind though :}.

KimberleyJane

The Reader's Guild Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff