Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Reader's Guild

Back to Guilds

Are you a book lover or aspiring writer, join us. 

Tags: book, read, writer, authors, fanfiction 

Reply The Reader's Guild Main Forum
Children's Literature What no one reads it!?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you still like a good kid's story?
  Yes
  No
  Who gives a crap? I want gold!
View Results

RubyLight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:39 pm
Allright. I am 19 years old and still love classic children's literature. Best authors include: Beatrix Potter, Dr. Seauss, Richard Scarry, L. Frank Baum, and that poet guy who wrote "Falling Up." I cannot think of his name at the momment. sweatdrop
Anyhoo, this is a thread to discuss children's literature. I know I'm not the only bookaholic who appreciates a good kid's story. So, to kick this thing off. . . What's your favorite kid's book? Are there any you still like to read?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:48 pm
Apparently, I'm the only one who still likes some QUALITY Children's Literature! sweatdrop  

RubyLight

curlycute6

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:00 pm
man i LOVE kids books! a favorite...idk and oh, that guys name is shel silverstien  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:41 pm
The prof just showed us some poems by Shel S.

Love the 'Smart' poem,lol biggrin  

Artemis Gly
Captain

Artemis Gly
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:50 pm
Next semester for college, I need to take a Children's Literature class, so Ill have more to say then on the subject biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:47 am
I still love 'em.I'm actually reading one called Atherton:The House of Power.  

Disaster_Code

Vickrae

2,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:31 pm
Well,I do like some of them.
Those interesting tales always give me a lot of ideas to write stories and poems~
Impressive  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:41 am
I have to admit I love to read kids books. I'm a freshman in highschool so all of the books made for my age group are about drama, highschool, and all together lame s**t I don't give a damn about. So I have a bad habit of reading younger kid books to escape from all that since most of them don't include the bitchy teens and their angst about their perfectly great life.  

polaroid-pinup

QueenShebaVIII

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:41 am
Yeah, of course I still read children's books. I read anything, really. Children's books can be just as cool as teen books or adult books, sometimes better.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:55 am
I enjoy a good children's story. I love anything by Eric Carle and Dr. Seauss. I don't really have a favorite story anymore since there's so many that I enjoy. But growing up I was particularly fond of the Captain Underpants chapter books. Haha!  

Rei Uchikino

The Reader's Guild Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff