Welcome to Gaia! ::

D.A.R.T.S. (Debate and Restructure to Succeed)

Back to Guilds

Aim towards victory. 

Tags: debate, argument, discussion, various, different 

Reply Gaia-Related Debates
zOMG

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iori_Yagami1990

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:53 pm
One of the hottest new games to ever hit Gaia, but there is a lot that can be said about this that others really want and somethings that are not being done that should be done.

An example, I am sure that a bunch of people want the lag destroyed. Or better still for people who are questing to have others just orb farming to farm away from the questing sites without argument.

One thing I liked that the creators of zOMG did was create special locales for a few bosses. Like with OMGWTF. My goodness, that monster is a classic and it was right where it should be at the very start.

But you know, even with that great start, there should be something added. Like other than the orbs you get from it, since the quest was relating to Ian's past, maybe the person Ian wanted to save (maybe one of his girlfriends that actually wanted to be saved and perhaps had been trapped by that monster. Hence the creepy sound you hear.)

I mean, when your character is thinking OMG what was that sound? I am not thinking of some weird monster. I am thinking damsel in distress scream. Perhaps that's where Dr. Singh had been locked up and had been doing her EI reports from. That would explain all of the creepy things happening to Timmy.

I think you get my point, though.

Discuss changes and keeps for the game.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:47 pm
I think it's too easy for a newbie to get around every single place to make all their map show to have a great advantage once they get to that point in the game. I think there should be more enemies blocking certain pathways so that doesn't happen.

Note: I did this months ago but I remember that I was CL 1.9 and looking for Bill's cow but I was doing the mission where you look for the note tree's visions in the process. Any hits from Zen Gardens+ would be a one hit K.O.

For the most part, I had little to no trouble getting around Village Greens, Zen Gardens, Bass'ken Lake, the boardwalk (which isn't finished) and the beach.

Village Greens - Well, you're heading here first anyways. There is....nothing to talk about.

Bill's Ranch - I had trouble because of those garlics and dragonflies. The ranch had this annoying large fence around it and I didn't uncover the top right corner of the map until Pervis told me to garlic farm.

Zen Gardens - Bottom part of the map was easy, obviously. Kokeshi dolls aren't aggressive so they don't fight you. (only the ones in the boss fight and the yellow ones are aggressive) The drums were plentiful but easily avoidable. I had to do my map uncovering during the day or those lanterns would cause me too much lag.

Bass'ken Lake - Those pups are dangerous but I attacked them and I guess when they called for help, people were attacking them. Fluffs do nothing unless you attack them. I don't have most of the Buzzsaw areas of the map though. I did get the the other side of the waterfall where that one girl is.

Boardwalk - It's not finished and I could just walk on the bottom of the screen.

Beach - The dunes were a problem as well but once again, easily avoidable.

Otami Ruins - I haven't gotten to the blood tree because I keep getting hit by those coatls. I went partly up the ruins but I lost. I like this place's enemies. You must fight them to get by. (without them chasing you at least)

Aqueduct - This place is well guarded too.

There is more but I won't know about those until later.  

Izzy Fizz
Captain

5,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Iori_Yagami1990

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:20 pm
I agree with the Village greens not being right.

Actually, even going back to the tutorial.

I remember the very beginning.

Initially, the tutorial part went like this:

You are on the train and you are boarded heading from somewhere to Barton Town and you are talking with Frank.

He asks you if you can believe what is going on.

Well, there is the first bit where they could do some editing to make it more...interactive. You could have an option, not that it would matter much either way, but for it being entertaining, you could say, "Yeah, I can, I heard it on the news" or "No! I can't! I cannot believe that inanimate objects are starting to come to life. My home was invaded thanks to those... things!"

But, did it give you an option? Nope! But it was a far cry better than it is now. Now they have Frank give you a solar rays ring almost right away! Like... that sucks! Whatever happened to you getting to choose your first attack ring? At least then you had some challenge and choice. If you chose a sucky attack ring, then that was your own damn fault for not reading ahead, then, right?

Then, suddenly the train speeds up and you miss your stop, which was going to be in the Old Aquaduct where you see Frank as his real self. This is how it was before they changed it.

You got a sense of zOMG... we are going to crash! Wouldn't it have been cooler that if they had that and if you did not get to the brakes in time you really would have crashed? And then it said, "Game over, please try again!"

Like, what game have you heard of where there was no game over? Like come on! No death of character sounds like a boring game to me.

And the same should be on any boss level, but you just have to start from that level and your quests are erased. Like they didn't even happen! They say the animated can kill you... yeah right! The only thing they have done was stun me, give me the too much booze effect (dazed).

I like how in the boss lairs from Bill's ranch onward they have the enemies drag your unconscious body out of the dungeon.

When you do "die" and if they want the null chamber still, they can have Trixie say something like, "Thank heavens you're okay." Which should be a better role for Leon's mom.

She could say, "Thank heavens you're okay *username* when Leon got word from *the guard in your area in which you died* told me about it, I baked one of those cookies and had to feed you one."

You will be thinking, "Oh god, I actually ate one of those things" if you hated the cookie quest, but on the other hand you could be thinking, "Yay, I am in heaven now! Hahahahahahaha!"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:01 pm
I'd like it if even more parts were interactive like that.

In my mind, I was wondering if the train would ever crash. I got called to do some chores and twenty minutes later it's still in its scary moment. Maybe they were worried people with major lag would never pass that part?

I remember playing the beta game (I didn't even know I was chosen to be a beta tester and I thought it was open beta already) and I had the choice. Now all you get is that Solar ring and a random ring. (which hopefully is good- I love the bandage ring much more than that common....whatever the name of that clipboard healing ring)

Oh, the bosses drag you? I never knew.

It could feel like a nostalgic moment. I liked being in Barton Town doing fun little quests.

How about just a plain "RESTART" button on the server screen? Of course, they'd ask you if you were sure before you actually were to restart. If possible, it could also get rid of your current rings.  

Izzy Fizz
Captain

5,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Izzy Fizz
Captain

5,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:31 pm
They've improved the boss system. You can now choose whether you'd like to face your boss with the difficulty of easy, normal, and two harder ones. I think that's a great new addition.  
Gaia-Related Debates

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games