Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fix Offers On Gaia!

Back to Guilds

This guild was created to help Gaians speak up about the offers. 

Reply Safer Offers
Boycott the Lotto & Power Picks. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good Idea?
Yes.
44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
No
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
Not sure
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:13 pm
Why not try and boycott the Gold Lotto?

There's 1444 members in this guild..
12 x 100 x 1444 = 1,732,800.
That's almost two MILLION gold!

Can you imagine if we got more people from outside of the guild to join in?
I stopped buying tickets when they added power picks and 4 extra ticket choices.
In no way am I going to support Gaia Cash.

As a Canadian citizen who cannot buy VIA internet due to not having a credit card, I used my cell phone.
Now, Since I'm not American, the 'Canadian version' of Gaia cash is 5$CAD for 460GC.
Using my cell, I have a 20$ limit before Gaia cuts me off (at least they do that...)
When I bought Cash, I spent it mostly on letters, and then the rest went to things for zOMG.
I don't support EI's for Cash. I'd rather spam for gold.

So, Let's try and boycott the Lotto!
We alone as a guild support nearly 2mill of it.. Imagine if we got another 1,000 people!

What do you think?

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:18 pm
User Image I think it's a good ideaaa. Haha. It came out of nowhere too!  

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100

Poison Plushie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:20 pm
Brilliant! Let's try to tell people to tell their friends about this guild, the problems, scams, and tell them to boycott!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:23 pm
That won't work. There's over millions of people playing Gaia. Apparently the more people that join, the more money crazy Gaia gets, just look they even added a FB connect thing on the blue bar.  

imtammy

Poison Plushie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:37 pm
Help boycott Gaia's Gold Lotto!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:09 pm
I think the lottery is an excellent idea. Our states have a lottery system, why can't Gaia?

What makes it bad is the power picks. It's allowing users that have extra money (or children spoiled by mom and dad) and who already buy Gaia cash on a regular basis the chance to make more money in a way that is completely unfair and biased. It completely discriminates against us more hard working and faithful Gaians who spend countless hours of our lives on Gaia Online to make the gold we have now.  

xena91388

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Hiei Rising Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:05 pm
Xena already said it. The problem isn't the lottery, it's the Power Picks. The lottery itself an excellent way to drain and circulate gold from the system, thus reducing inflation. But the Power Picks are just plain unfair.

Of course, I don't buy tickets so I'm technically joining the boycott already, but just saying XD  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:54 am
Sorry, Spring but,

there are millions of people on Gaia, just us, even the enitre guild... just boycotting it won't do ANYTHING!

Nothing really.

It's a horrible idea.

We can hardly do anything....

kthnxbai ;]

Poison Plushie

Coin-operated Cthulhu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:13 am
With you on this.

The lottery is great - but again, people who can't buy cash, get a disadvantage, again. So people who can spend cash can get even richer.

And the "Gaia has to make a living" argument? Not valid right here. It just makes things more unfair.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:29 am
Hyperactive Hawk
Xena already said it. The problem isn't the lottery, it's the Power Picks. The lottery itself an excellent way to drain and circulate gold from the system, thus reducing inflation. But the Power Picks are just plain unfair.

Of course, I don't buy tickets so I'm technically joining the boycott already, but just saying XD
User Image I have no problem with the lottery; it's the power picks. I stopped playing the lottery once they put in the power picks. To me that's just unfair because I can't afford GC, and that's the case with a lot of other people.  

Nymph of Spring

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100

tirea way

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:26 pm
I'm all for the lottery, but I can't help but think it's really just a scam. It's crazy to think that Gaia would go through all that work just to take away our pixelated gold for nothing, but really, if you were to win the lottery wouldn't you post a thread bragging about it? Or something? With all the members on gaia, SOMEONE has to have bought a winning ticket at least once.

And i'm definitely against the power picks. It's just another way to make the people who refuse to spend cash on a website less equal than those willing to dish it out. It's completely unfair.

Donate?
Recent Donors:
Jasmneeee - 1.5k
WarpedDollHeart - 7k
CarvedMoon - 3k

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:05 pm
xKrazyxCourtneyx
I'm all for the lottery, but I can't help but think it's really just a scam. It's crazy to think that Gaia would go through all that work just to take away our pixelated gold for nothing, but really, if you were to win the lottery wouldn't you post a thread bragging about it? Or something? With all the members on gaia, SOMEONE has to have bought a winning ticket at least once.

And i'm definitely against the power picks. It's just another way to make the people who refuse to spend cash on a website less equal than those willing to dish it out. It's completely unfair.

Donate?
Recent Donors:
Jasmneeee - 1.5k
WarpedDollHeart - 7k
CarvedMoon - 3k

I wouldn't brag about it, that would just attract beggars and noobs XD. It's bad enough that they post the winner's names.

@ Nymph: I was just trying to add to what Xena said. I'm with you on being against Power Picks, I think it's completely unfair. But the lottery itself is fine. Though, like I said, I don't buy tickets so I'm kinda already on the bandwagon lol.  

Hiei Rising Dragon

GigaForte
Vice Captain

4,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:36 pm
NO.

I'm not saying you can't post this here, or don't do it, but I just need to stress that this is not what the guild is for.

This guild's only goal is to MAKE THE OFFERS SAFER.
We have no qualms with gaia's need for money or the cash. Individual members of the guild might, but as a guild, we have no position, and it sure as hell is not going to be GAIA CASH SUX BALLZ.

You may have this thread up for now, but it will not be promoted by the guild. And if any rowdiness comes about in this thread, it will be moved to another subforum.

Once again, nothing against your idea, but this is an activity that has NOTHING to do with our cause, and then even one that, if it grows out of hand, could reflect badly on the guild.

Once again, this thread may stay for now, but it does not belong in the guild.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:47 am
Giga Forte and the others rebuking this topic are correct. While I do agree whole-heartedly that the Power Picks have all but ruined the Lottery, but boycotting is not what we're here for. Besides, its' not like it would have any impact. Though its' gradual and has a lot fewer major results, what we're doing now should eventually get their attention, if it hasn't already. So please, don't go trying to boycot. It just doesn't work that way, and it isn't what this Guild is about.

Thanks, and goodbye.

~Erethia

Erethia

Wheezing Lunatic

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:35 pm
THE LOTTO ISN'T THE PROBLEM.
The lotto itself is a ******** gold sink.

Safer Offers

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff