Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Reader's Guild

Back to Guilds

Are you a book lover or aspiring writer, join us. 

Tags: book, read, writer, authors, fanfiction 

Reply The Reader's Guild Main Forum
Classics anyone??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cymbamehbeep

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:01 pm
Anyone hear reads classics?? I personally enjoy them because authors in those days have a bigger message in books than in today and they've all got an interesting plot. I read a few but if i be honest i didnt quite understand them that much... but now i'm going to re read them! My favorite has to be Count of Monte Cristo and Animal Farm.

What do u guys think of classics and what r ur favorite books?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:05 pm
I am not a fan of most of the classics. There are a few that I love from my youth. Heidi and the Secret Garden; well I at least count them as classics. Other than what I had to read in school I have not read that many. However, occasionally I will pick up one occasionally because reading them makes me feel extra smart. xd  

Underworld Priestess

Hristis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:20 am
Besides that I wouldn't even have a choice (have to read them for university wink ): I really like most classics.

My favourite classic is Wuthering Heights, one of my all-time favourite books. I am actually going to re-re-read it the next days mrgreen
I also like Macbeth, Dracula and Pride and Prejudice a lot.
Just because it was mentioned here before - when I had to read animal farm back at school, I really hated it; but now, years later, I am willing to give it a second chance, I actually think i'd love it now *goes looking for her old copy*

Still, there are also some classics which are just TERRIBLE wink for example, I never get past the first 10 pages reading joyce, though the topics and the plot always sound interesting to me...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:58 am
Macbeth is really good. My favorite Shakespeare is A Midsummer Night's Dream.  

Underworld Priestess

Umi Pryde

5,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:26 pm
Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream is one of my favorites as well, same with Twelfth Night and Winter's Tale.

I love Animal Farm and 1984, and love making references from both to matters in my real life.

Other books I enjoy are:
The Time Machine
I,Robot
anything by E.A.Poe and Jane Austen
and
War and Peace  
The Reader's Guild Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items