Wait while I check my Pokedex...
View Results

RazorZKnight
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:12 am
Okay, another show I like. The odd-numbered seasons, at least.

But I basically like it for the Digimon themselves. At first, I gotta admit I thought it was a Pokemon clone, but I started watching the show by the time VenomMyotismon/VenomVamdemon showed up, and my first reaction to the whole battle was...

" eek "

I do like Pokemon (the games) but in Digimon's case, the show's got what Pokemon doesn't have too often. Plot, character development, new running gags once in a while...

And building-sized creatures with enough arms to level a small country. What can I say, I like exploding stuff as much as I like shows with a plot.

As for 02 and Frontier, I didn't really like them. Savers, though, is looking good. Finally a human that can fist-fight Mega Digimon and live to tell the tale. mrgreen

My favorite characters are Gatomon, Myotismon, BlackWarGreymon (from the games, the "boohoo why am I alive and why am I ripping off MewTwo's lines" anime BWGreymon was boring,) and Renamon. Humans, you ask? Ruki and Mimi.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:25 am
I haven't watched digimon in so long. I dont even know what the individual seasons are about. I dont even remember all the names. But I do know how they look like. I like that one fox digimon who was partners with the girl. She was awesome. And the cat, I think that was gatomon, she looked pretty in her evolutions.  

cynn_tao
Captain

7,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

RazorZKnight
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:31 am
The fox one was Renamon. Evolved into Kyuubimon (Looked like Naruto's Kyuubi.) Taomon (the monk-like one) and Sakuyamon (who looked like a fox-armored human girl, and was a fusion with Ruki, her tamer.)

As for Gatomon... I even went and made up a character based in her (it's in the roleplay section,) and eventually created a lot of evolutions for her. Kyoumon is the best, a Digimon that looks like a normal human but can kill a Pieimon in one hit. eek

She looks like... Well, my avatar. >.> I'm only lacking the wings (not cheap, but I'll get there eventually.)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:33 am
whee M'Kay  

cynn_tao
Captain

7,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

GlowingSky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:23 pm
i love that show but only season 1 and 2!!! the other ones pissed me off but thats my opinion!!!! David id a dumass!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:41 pm
Am watching Digimon right now on Jetix haha, I think its season 4 sweatdrop  

iHayato Gokudera

9,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Destructive-Kiwi
Vice Captain

Dapper Gekko

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:44 pm
sweatdrop
i didnt really like cuz even at that age i thought it was a copy of pokemon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:02 pm
I only ever saw the movie, but it looked interesting. 3nodding  

purpleravenhawk

RazorZKnight
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:01 am
purpleravenhawk
I only ever saw the movie, but it looked interesting. 3nodding

The Digimon "movie" U.S. version was actually a pretty decently-done slaughter of three different movies.

Ya know, a good way (for once) to do what 4Kids, Nelvana, Cloverway and Dic always try to do.

I'd still watch the original three movies anyday. They last as long as the NA movie. Each.

Oh, and I don't like the NA dub. At all. Spanish dub was kinda okay (they didn't slaughter any songs,) but there were a few lame voices (Takeru/T.K. sounded like someone I'd run over with a bus.)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:27 am
digimon! I havent watch that show in ages but I still love heart it. my favourite caracter was Kari and her digimon and I also loved Sora in the old season they were great!  

LeavingforMars

5,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

teiiris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:29 pm
Kari was awesome. but they seemed to forget about the past in the later seasons.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:23 pm
i like their adventure story.
and the games are cool.
but i don't like some of their evolution  

wolf_volg

3,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

knate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:45 am
the original is always the best  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:00 pm
race18
Kari was awesome. but they seemed to forget about the past in the later seasons.

Nope, they were alternate universes.

They had to do it that way, since 02's ending sucked and ruined the plot. talk2hand  

RazorZKnight
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

leonsquall666

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:23 pm
i liked it and i saw it when i was lil.......yeah the movie was ok.....and yeah i forgot most of the names and i only liked the 1 and 2.....yeah  
AAFG Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff