label yourself Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AbrAbraxas
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:45 am
if you have a name for your personal philosophy, what is it and give us a simple introduction.

I am a seeker:
within me is a paradox
i seek to know yet i do not know what i seek.
Today what i seek to build up tomorrow i may seek to take apart.
What i hold now i will some day let go.
This one thing i do claim to know,
that my seeking shows no sign of ending.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:59 am
I am a radical nominalist. I think that language is the primary shaper of our understanding of reality and that natural categories do not exist, all categories are a creation of our language. More than that, I agree with the classical Chinese philosophers that it is more important to cultivate ethical behavior than it is to accrue knowledge. Knowledge for its own sake is useless as it is based on language, which is based only on our conception of the world.  

khuan

27x
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:47 pm
IF I want to gain somthing I must sacrafice.
ALmost anything I want can be gainded through work.
Knowledge, strength, widom, understanding, and such.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:50 pm
I_27_04

lol, according to FMA, your pretty much an alchemist.  

Noetical

Intermediate Counselor

AbrAbraxas
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:21 am
for those interested in alchemy wiki has a good article

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alchemy  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:22 pm
Rocker, Emo, Gangster, etc....I do not label myself, but I am just a simple human being who questions God, but follow his Almightiness....  

CaboCor

AbrAbraxas
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:38 am
SaiyanDeathGodAlchemist
Rocker, Emo, Gangster, etc....I do not label myself, but I am just a simple human being who questions God, but follow his Almightiness....

that is a good outlook and in time you may find that it is ok and even useful to have an idea of yourself even if it doesnt fit the labels and ideas of other. i suppose what iwas fishing for is a loose definiton of our paths of interest and study, philosophic development, not a dogmatic label of who we are, because that will always be changing.
you answer is good, keep on questioning.
good day  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:05 am
I believe things unbelievable based on that which only I can come up with, am I stuck in my own world or is the world stuck in me?  

Shahada 2

650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

27x
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:40 pm
moyga
I_27_04

lol, according to FMA, your pretty much an alchemist.

Full metal is very philosophicle, and that is why I watch it. I believe that alchemy doesent exist(though chemisty is close,looking into that), but the rule still applies to everything. If we steal we will have to sacrafice something greater than normal. If we give, we will recieve. It is like carma in a way, if you believe in that sort of thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:59 pm
yeah it is alot like karma.. i watched that whole series and the movie in like 2 days lol, i really liked it. you need good subs for it though. i think alot of animes are philosophical if your watching the right kind lol.
"if you beleive in that sort of thing" how can you not beleive in Karma, you can look at in in multiple ways but either way it still makes sense, its practically logical.  

Noetical

Intermediate Counselor

Deaths Krow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:45 pm
I am a shadow.

I am large and dark. You do not know I am there until I'm right on top of you.
You do not notice my presence until I speak. I watch silently until I have reason to speak.

I am also a walker.

I walk everywhere I can. And I walk when ever I can. I walk to gain knowledge by observing nature and people.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:23 am
khuan
I am a radical nominalist. I think that language is the primary shaper of our understanding of reality and that natural categories do not exist, all categories are a creation of our language. More than that, I agree with the classical Chinese philosophers that it is more important to cultivate ethical behavior than it is to accrue knowledge. Knowledge for its own sake is useless as it is based on language, which is based only on our conception of the world.

Hmm, i think you'd enjoy reading Social constructionism... and/or post-structuralists... wink in terms of your fascination for the power of discourse and linguistic positivism.  

lilboijou

AbrAbraxas
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:20 am
i recommend biting more than you can chew

biggrin
would you recommend that to anyone?
what about putting your foot in your mouth?
rofl
good day  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:26 pm
I'm rather fond of social constructionist stuff! I've been meaning to read more of it, but I'm rather stuck in my heavy course load this semester, though I've somehow found room for nietzsche.  

khuan

Hema Labhsha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:22 pm
I am a utilitarian.  
Philosophy Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items