Reply l. fraud. ll. death. lll.confidence : The Official Tegan and Sara Guild
Emy and Sara?? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

8mr-music8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:39 pm
But putting herself out there is not just a musical construction — it also comes naturally in conversation. When discussing Emy Storey — the band’s artistic director and Sara’s girlfriend of five years, with whom she had declared a common-law relationship — Sara was candid about the dissolution of their romance. “[Emy] is a tremendously huge part of what Tegan and I do in terms of the artwork and the Web site and the vision,” she said. “In kind of a weird way, she was like my Yoko Ono for five years. … It’s really difficult when the romantic part of your relationship kind of seems like it’s over, but you can’t just dissolve the rest of it — that would be awful. We’re obviously really involved and we want to continue to work together, but it’s really tough.”

Ironically enough, The Con’s opening track, “I Was Married,” was penned by Sara the day she and Emy had declared their relationship. Although rarely overtly political in her songwriting, “I Was Married” is a polemic against those who oppose gay marriage: “They seem so very scared of us / I look into the mirror, for evil that just does not exist / I don’t see what they see.”

Although Sara is usually the more settled of the two, Tegan is providing much-needed support in this highly emotional time. “The thing I think Tegan and I do really well together is we balance each other out. Any time I have any extreme thing going on in my life, it feels like Tegan really seesaws to the other side,” Sara said. “In terms of our music, I think we do it there, too. Tegan can be so consistent and kind of linear to her approach to songwriting, and so it’s okay if I come with my weird sound.”

im in shock.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:21 pm
Linkage

I was so heart broken when I heard that sad
At least shes still working with them and they are all still friends, but still, that seriously depressing.  

LeNamer
Captain

Teegytons
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:47 am
...wha..wha..WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! are you ******** serious!!! noooo crying crying crying crying crying crying crying that can't be true!!!! crying crying crying oh god that breaks my heart! im acually crying!!! that has ruined my week..not just my night but i know it's gonna ruin my whole week...so unexpected sad ..i can't imagine Sara not with Emy....this brings me great sadness crying crying crying crying such a cute couple crying crying  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:41 am
amazon_wolf
...wha..wha..WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! are you ******** serious!!! noooo crying crying crying crying crying crying crying that can't be true!!!! crying crying crying oh god that breaks my heart! im acually crying!!! that has ruined my week..not just my night but i know it's gonna ruin my whole week...so unexpected sad ..i can't imagine Sara not with Emy....this brings me great sadness crying crying crying crying such a cute couple crying crying
That was pretty much my exact reaction.  

LeNamer
Captain

l. fraud. ll. death. lll.confidence : The Official Tegan and Sara Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out