Yep.
  Nope.
  I gotsta think about it.
  Poll Dancer.
View Results

Silvrtide
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:31 pm
Well, it turns out... I'm more of a marines kind of guy.

Hmph. Who would've known?

The recruiter's gonna come over to my house Friday at 1600 to speak to my parents and try to convince them.

Why the change of heart, you ask? Well, the Air Force wasn't too big on recruiting me like the marines were. And, you know... Marine Air Corps... sounds pretty nifty, to me.

I got it all planned out. As soon as this year's over and i graduate, I'm off to boot camp. I'll be in the reserves, and I'll be able to go to college for four years (therefore, I can go to A&M and be in the Corps of Cadets, even though it's completely unnecessary), get my bachelor's, and enter active service with the MAC as an officer as soon as I leave college.

Now the choice is whether I want to fly a C-130, a F-18, a Super Cobra, or a Black Hawk.

(I know, Joe, I was all big on the A-10. But, hey, I've been told that I can always switch branches and keep my rank. Man, I'm slick. xD)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:20 pm
WET TA FACK.

You're slamming the A-10?! MY BABY!

But hey, marines are my kinda branch, see you in the corps. If I had to choose out of your four, I dunno they're all pretty awesome. C-130 might get boring though.

I wish you luck bro.  

Bossman Joe
Captain

Silvrtide
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:47 am
"Slamming" isn't the word for it, Joe. It's more along the lines of... putting it on hold, if you will. biggrin

But, yeah, slight change of plans. I'll still be going to the marines. But i'm saving boot camp for until AFTER college. I kinda feel like having my last summer to myself, instead of having 3 months of boot camp taking up all the time.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:12 pm
goodluck there.  

US marine awaits

Bossman Joe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:00 pm
Silvrtide
"Slamming" isn't the word for it, Joe. It's more along the lines of... putting it on hold, if you will. biggrin

But, yeah, slight change of plans. I'll still be going to the marines. But i'm saving boot camp for until AFTER college. I kinda feel like having my last summer to myself, instead of having 3 months of boot camp taking up all the time.
I'll have most of the summer until I turn 18, then I'm gonna wait for the next Parris Island batch.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:33 pm
Bossman Joe
Silvrtide

I'll have most of the summer until I turn 18, then I'm gonna wait for the next Parris Island batch.

Hmph. I thought recruits from Texas went to California.  

Silvrtide
Vice Captain

Bossman Joe
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:57 pm
Silvrtide
Bossman Joe
Silvrtide

Well I dont really know. I thought Parris was the only marine boot camp, now that I write that out it looks pretty stupid. SC isnt that far away...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:26 pm
Bossman Joe
Silvrtide
Bossman Joe
Silvrtide

Well I dont really know. I thought Parris was the only marine boot camp, now that I write that out it looks pretty stupid. SC isnt that far away...

yeah, cause my friend's brother is in... i think San Diego right now.  

Silvrtide
Vice Captain

Bossman Joe
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:19 pm
Silvrtide
Bossman Joe
Silvrtide
Bossman Joe
Silvrtide

yeah, cause my friend's brother is in... i think San Diego right now.
Well get back to me on that.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:51 pm
From TX, you're likely to go to CA for boot.

Trust me, Aviation is the best place to be, man. If you're going to fly, the Cobra is also the way to go if you stay in the Corp. (I still love my Apache, though)  

FWIW

The American Military Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff